[5E] By The Light Of The Moon: Kartakass - A Ravenloft Adventure [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

roSpEnTo

Title: By The Light Of The Moon: Kartakass - A Ravenloft Adventure
Game: 5E Discord
Player Count: 4-6 Depending on interest
Important Note: I don't pick on a first come first serve basis, so don't worry if you reply 3 minutes before the end of the ad.

Premise:

'Don't step too far off the forest path,
Something deep in the woods is yearning.
In blood, in darkness, in deepest night,
Grandfather Wolf is stirring.

Red drips a rose on the forest floor.
Prey trips and scrambles blindly in fear.
The moon won't come out to shine its light
When Grandfather Wolf is near.'

Except from A Rose For Fangs, added to the Mora by Harkon Lukas
88d9aeaaaa747bac9b55964671e77697.jpg

Kartakass is not a realm of sprawling cities and vast populations, it is not somewhere armies march across fields to glorious war. Often forgotten by the other domains of Ravenloft Kartakass is a land of forests, fear and wolves but it is also a place of song, of art and of joy. The landscape is dominated by three huge, unspoiled forests with small pockets of civilisation dotted around where it can claw out enough space to survive. The towns of Skald and Harmonia are the closest that the land has to capitals and both huddle close to rivers, surrounded by the constant press of the woods. Single farms and tiny hamlets fight to get enough space to survive and everyone makes sure to lock their doors at night before the wolves come out. Tales talk of wolves that can transform into people, tricksters who are far more dangerous than any lycanthrope.

However the people of Kartakass are renowned for their ability with music and are ruled by it, villages and towns led by the Meistersingers that win their place in an annual competition of singing and wits. Stories and songs are important in Kartakass, they are how morals are taught and how disputes are settled. After all, when the night is dark and long with the moonlight reflecting off the fangs in the forest, the only thing you can do is find joy where you can. The actual truth of an event isn't as important as the story about it. It is a common saying across Kartakass that history holds importance only in remembrance, many things that have not happened shape how we act and many things that have happened have been forgotten. Fact has no power in the face of significance. All that matters is the story, and what story will you tell?

House Rules/Game Style: [WARNING] This game is a Ravenloft game, it will feature frequent horror elements and is a lot darker than the majority of D&D games. That being said I like to think I'm a relaxed DM, mechanics wise, and I tend to enjoy a balance of storytelling and combat. The game will start with you being drawn into the domain by the Mists and so you do not have to have knowledge of Ravenloft prior to this game. I will be using the Bonus Action to take potions rule.

Character Creation: We will be starting at level 4 and my usual character creation stuff here will apply. Leveling up will be done on a milestone basis, health can be rolled for or taken as average. For stats you can roll twice and keep whichever set you want, rerolls are allowed for any sets under 70. All published material from WotC is acceptable, but unlike a lot of my other games I am not actively promoting any homebrew. If there is something specific that you really want it can be discussed. I enjoy people making interesting characters that they like playing and I do whatever I can to facilitate that.

Other Stuff: Whilst I seem to be always on the server at whatever hour, I am actually GMT and sometimes my posting can reflect that. At the moment I am not working due to quarantine but I may start working from home soon and if I do then I will work split weekly shifts (one week 4.30 pm finish, one week 9pm finish) so stuff might change a bit week on week. My posting speed as a DM varies with my health but you can expect a fairly relaxed game with occasional bursts of energy.

I'd love to see any character ideas you might have on here.

Feel free to hit me up on Discord if you have any questions, I'm usually around.

I have been on the Kartakass hype train for too long not to apply. That being said, I get it if you want people in less things. I will be happier knowing that more wolfweres exists somewhere, and the world is better for it.

A Rob game! I'm so in. Happy to step back for players with fewer games, but it's been a while since I did a darker campaign. Would love to get into it.

I've had an idea for a kobold alchemist for a while and I'd love to maybe do that here. Though as you know I'm flexible.

I'd love to be in this too but like the others will be happy to step back for players with fewer games.

As for character, Tabaxi Barbarian. You know exactly who said Tabaxi is.

You know I love Ravenloft stuff. As for a character I will most likely be either a drow or a tiefling, so hopefully very charisma based. Might even be a bard, haven't done much with that class and it sounds perfect for the setting.

I am offering to be present because I expect if I don't post I'll get asked why I haven't yet : P

I would be happy to play in this game! I'd like to make a Spore Druid who might have had a bit too many magic mushrooms and isn't exactly right in the head

I'll toss my hat in the ring for some darkness. No worries if you want someone who can be around more often though. Have an idea for a char or two that should be fun.

I’ll toss my hat in the ring, because consider this— Honey, but you can put him through trauma? Or also a more serious bard. Though I get it if there is no space, I will gracefully back out

Its like everyone was expecting this post. I'd rather wait to see what everyone else is generally making before coming up with a character idea though. (Evil Smilie Redacted)

Last edited:
I AM TOTALLY DOWN FOR THIS ESPECIALLY SINCE ZILLY WILLY IS HERE SO I SHALL NOW MAKE A CHARRACTER AND HE SHALL BE NICKNAMED BLASTY AND I DID THIS IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE I HAVE NO OTHER REASON AND FELT LIKE IT!!!!!

Given the hype train on this game. I respectfully withdrawal my not yet submitted application, however Rob I wish you the best of luck. Kill everyone's parents for me and traumatize our friends. Also feel free to ping me if you want a sounding board.

I'll throw my name in.
Though I understand that due to high demand, that there is a decent chance I won't get picked.
I admit, I have no ideal what a Ravenloft game is, and I have pretty much no experience when it comes to horror or a darker side of D&D, so... I actually don't really have much clue what I am signing up for, but I want to give it a try anyway.

Must be my lucky day: logging back in to the website to see such a recent lfp post! I would be very interested in joining!

I'd love to play a caster class but a well rounded party is more important imo, so I'll hold off on any solid character decisions just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread