• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ♥︎ | ᴋɪᴄᴋꜱᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ | ♥︎

Susanne Malkovich
December, 1984 / Senior Year

➽──────────────❥
Suzanne ran out into one of the hallways, pressing her back against one of the lockers. She was trying to hold in tears, but she was so angry that they could spill at any moment. I can’t believe Patricia would treat me this way. And all for a guy! She’d been with guys from every background and Susie had always been very supportive, even if she internally disagreed. Now, the one time that she was interested in someone different, she wasn’t supportive. She started to question their friendship for a moment, before she heard a voice chasing after her.

Instinctively, Suzanne turned around to face the other way, trying to maintain composure before turning around to face Nick. He was dressed in a handsome clothing ensemble, and his hair was a little disheveled after the fight. But he still gazed at her fondly, like she was the only person in the whole dance that he could stare at. At his invitation, her heart fluttered again. She thought of the different places they could go. There was an abandoned playground in the schoolyard across the way, but there was also the lookout. “Yes.” She responded, accepting his offer. “Did you drive?

Last edited:
At Susie's acceptance to ditch the dance and go someplace else, Nick's heart leapt with joy. Finally, they were going to be alone. He wanted to get to know her. To finally talk to her without the constant interference from the people who claimed to be their friends but were acting like total hypocrites. Almost like they were their parents. Suddenly, the question of whether he drove was asked, and he had to stop. He didn't drive, but he was sure that Walter wouldn't care if he took his car for a bit. It was for a good reason, and he'd bring it right back.

Leaning against a locker, he shook his head no to her question. "I didn't, but we can take my friend Walter's car. He won't care." He said with a light smile while admiring Susie once more. She was dressed so beautifully, and he caught a whiff of her perfume, which could be intoxicating if they were sitting close. "Let's get out of here." He said while standing back on his feet and reaching a hand out. He was ready to ditch everything and everyone just to be with Susie. He had to know if it would work.

Susanne Malkovich

➽──────────────❥
The pair made their way to the car, Suzanne opening the door and slipping into the passengers side. I can’t believe I’m doing this. She thought to herself. Leaving the dance and my friends behind? I hope I’m doing the right thing. After all, she hadn’t really met him on a personal level, and all they had done was dance and smoke together. Maybe Patricia was right. But as he entered the car, she pushed her doubts to the back of her mind. It was a decision she’d stick with. After all, there was an undeniable attraction present between them, and she felt like it was worth seeing where it went.

Where do you think we should go?” Susanne asked, looking at him quickly and then looking away. There were restaurants and cafes, but she didn’t have any money with her. The abandoned playground or the neighborhood park might feel a little out of place in their attire at night, but it could be romantic. There was also the lookout, where she had only visited a handful of times, usually with a guy that had intentions. It didn’t matter, but she wondered if he knew of a different place.

Nick had forgotten all about his friends who were still in the gymnasium as he and Susie made their way out to the parking lot and into Walter's car as he took the helm, turning it on to get the heater going. It was December after all and neither of them had a coat. He put the car into reverse, backing out while thinking about what he was doing. He knew that Walter wouldn't care. After all, Walter's taken Nick's car before, leaving him and the others stranded someplace but that was on the summer and they were within walking distance of a friend's house. This was much different.

When Susie asked where they should go a myriad of locations began to run through his mind as he drove towards the entrance, pulling out onto the streets. Everywhere from his place to the lookout. Restaurants and even the mall were a choice as well but he had to pick one. He remembered that he brought his wallet and decided on a place. "You want to go get a burger? I'm kind of hungry and missed supper." He said with all intentions of buying for them. He would never make her pay for her meal.

Susanne Malkovich

➽──────────────❥
At the mention of a place to eat, she felt a bit nervous, knowing she didn’t have the money to pay for anything. She assumed that he’d pay for her meal, but she couldn’t help but feel guilty about it. The familiar pangs of hunger hit her stomach, and she tried not to think about it anymore. She felt relief as the heat kicked in, not realizing how cold she was until that moment. She had on a green shawl, just to cover her shoulders, but it didn’t do much to help. “Yeah, that’s fine.” She responded to him. “I’m hungry too.

As he drove to the restaurant, she realized that their time alone was valuable, and that it’d be unlikely to happen again. She racked her brain, trying to think of things to ask him. What are your hobbies? What do you want to do after high school? What’s your family like? Do you like me? But as all of those questions rang through her head, she could only say, “Thank you for helping me back there. I was really scared.

Nick had similar questions and others, running through his mind as he drove, focusing on the road. One of them being Would you like to go steady? He didn't know why, but he felt like he had to ask it or else he'd never get another chance because it was almost guaranteed that one of her friends would intervene and ruin his chance. When she thanked him for helping her back at the dance, he gave a nod while stopping at a red light. "No problem. I wasn't going to let some creep treat you like that." He said, giving her a smile. He had no hidden agenda behind wanting to be with her. He just simply wanted to be alone with her. No friends to interfere. Just the two of them sitting in a booth, eating and talking.

He soon arrived at the restaurant and parked in a spot, getting out to open her door. He was going to do everything right and treat her the way that she deserved to be treated. After she was out he walked to the door and held that for not only her but a few other people who were coming out. He didn't count on there being others but he stood there all the same. In the cold. Once the people were out he walked in with Susie, getting them a booth.

They were lead to the booth after the waitress had taken out a couple of menus. He sat down and orders a Pepsi while looking at his reflection in the window to see that his hair was messed up. He pulled out a little comb from his back pocket and fixed it, putting it back. "Well this is nice." He said with a smile as he sat back to try and relax but his mind was going a million miles an hour with what to talk about.

Susanne Malkovich

➽──────────────❥
The two of them made it to the restaurant, pulling in and getting out of the car quickly. Most of the car ride had been quiet. Neither of them seemed to know what to say. They weren’t inebriated or in a public space, and it was clear they were both out of their element. In the majority of her partnerships, the guy did all the talking, not really acknowledging anything she thought or felt. To have someone take an interest in her as a person would be new territory.

Thank you.” She said shyly, walking through the door he had opened for her. The two of them settled at a table, and she ordered a water to start. She took a moment to look over the menu, deciding on a grilled chicken dish with a side salad. “Yeah. Thank you again for helping me.” She repeated, looking up and making quick eye contact. “So, what’s your story?” She thought that might give him the freedom to tell her exactly what he wanted about himself, and it would give her more specific ideas on questions to ask.

Nicholas took up the menu, looking it over though he already knew what he wanted. A simple cheeseburger with mustard and fries. When thanked again for helping her he nodded, waving it off. "Don't mention it. I was happy to help." He said looking up from the menu, making eye contact. "You deserved better." He said just as the girl asked what his story was. No one has ever asked him that before so he had to think about. Did she want his whole story from birth to seventeen? How much information was he expected to give?

After a minute of thinking Nicholas shrugged and spoke. "Well, I am seventeen, I like to skateboard, play video games and hangout with my friends. I have a Mom, a Dad and a little brother who's ten. His name is Derek." He said and continued. "Walter Quinn is my best friend. He's the one who helped me save you." He said just as their drinks were brought and the waitress asked if they were ready to order.

Nicholas gave a nod and ordered a cheeseburger and fries, telling the waitress to put it on one check before she turned to Susie to get her order then taking their menus and walking off to get their orders started. Nick then turned back to Susie, continuing their conversation. "Anyway, I work at the McDonald's over by the mall so if you ever want to come see me or just want a burger I'll be there to take your order." He said with a light laugh. He thought that some laughter would lighten the mood. Suddenly Purple Rain started to play on the speakers and Nick smiled, unaware that Susie loved Prince.

Susanne Malkovich

➽──────────────❥
The two got their food only a few minutes after ordering. She started to eat, gently chewing and making sure to put a napkin in her lap. She was hoping to save her dress for future events, and didn’t want it to get soiled. She took a sip of her water, listening carefully to his response. His interests were exactly what she expected, and she was happy to finally learn the name of his friend. She had seen him around just as often as she had seen Nick, and was relieved to know his identity as well.

That’s cool that you have a little brother.” Suzanne said kindly. “I don’t have any siblings.” By the time her parents had her, they were too old to have any siblings. They met at an older age, promptly realized they weren’t right for one another, and then divorced. She had always been content being an only child, but she wondered what it would be like to have a sibling. “What’s he like?” She asked politely.

Just then, the song Purple Rain became playing over the restaurant speakers. Prince was one of her favorites, and she instinctively started tapping her fingers to the song as she ate.

Nicholas started eating happily when their food came, taking the bottle of ketchup and squirting it all over his fries before continuing to eat. Some people liked to put a little bit on the side of their plate but not Nick. When he heard that Susie didn't have any siblings, he felt a little bad for her. He liked having a sibling. Sure, Derek could be annoying, but he was a good kid and was funny.

"You'd like Derek. I mean, he's annoying, but once you get past that, he's cool. He wants me to take him with me when it's nice out and teach him to skate." He said as he ate French fry, wiping his mouth with a napkin because he had mustard on his cheek. "How about you? What is your story?" He asked, taking a drink of his Pepsi.

Nick noticed when Susie started to tap her fingers to the song. Did she like Prince? He thought that Prince was okay. He liked a couple of songs, but he was more into metal and hard rock.

Susanne Malkovich

➽──────────────❥
As Suzanne ate and listened to Nick speak, she took in the atmosphere of the cafe. She glanced up at one of the clocks on the wall. 9:30 PM. She had only been on school grounds for about a half an hour before the incident, and the dance ended around 11 PM anyway. However, there was no doubt that people would be throwing parties afterwards. But her interest in visiting one of those was low. She needed a break from her friends and her peers, and she needed to brainstorm a way to confront Patricia about her behavior before facing her again. She was acting highly inappropriately, and it was time Suzanne stood up to her in a different way.

The cafe was an older place, run by good, old-fashioned folk. They had been serving food there for three or four generations, and still made upgrades to the menu every single year. They had also discontinued many recipes over time. One of Suzanne’s favorites as a child used to be a chicken Parmesan dish, with noodles and marinara sauce. But it hadn’t been around for at least 10-12 years. The booths were a dark red in color, and the tables were wooden. In the middle of the cafe, there were tables and chairs for bigger parties. There was also a bar area, but they only served some alcohol, and were mostly known for their milkshakes. There was a jukebox in a far corner, near the bathrooms. On weekends, people would line up to use it, and hear their favorite songs play.

My story. She thought. Some parts of her life were a bit sensitive, and she felt uneasy bringing those up to someone after they had just started hanging out. It had taken years for Susie to tell even Patricia everything. His answer was casual, and she decided that the casual approach was the best one. “Well, I was born in Scottsdale, Arizona, but I was only a few months old when my parents decided to move here.” She took a sip of her water. “I grew up really liking horses, and had a friend who’d let me have free rides on hers. My mom and dad are good people, but they’re no longer together. I don’t have any pets, but I’d really like them someday.” She paused. “Currently, I really enjoy tennis and cooking. I’ve started to create my own recipe book with my favorite recipes in it. I’m pretty good in school, but I’m not a straight A student. I’m a music fan, and I really enjoy Queen and Prince, but I have a soft spot for other artists, like Billy Idol. I’m going to be seeing Prince in concert sometime next year.” She wrapped up, thinking it was a good stopping point. She supposed that there was more she could say, but she wanted to hear more from him.

Nicholas knew that he had to have Walter's car back before the dance ended or else the guys would be stranded. He checked the clock on the wall and it read 9:30 pm. Luckily, he was half done with his cheeseburger. It wasn't very big one so it wouldn't take him more than 10 minutes to eat while talking to Susie. Which he was having a great time doing and he was glad that Walter had told him to chase after her because this was a much better atmosphere than a school function. The two could relax and talk without fear of being pulled away and yelled at by a supposed friend.

When Susie started to tell a bit about her life Nick listened closely to every word that she said, not wanting to miss anything. Scottsdale, Arizona? That was long way from Sarasota, Florida but it was neat. He'd only been to a few states on vacation but that was not one of them. He'd been to Maine, the Carolinas, Maryland and Texas. He continued to listen, interested in what more she had to say until she was finished and he smiled, sipping his soda.

At the mention of music Nick nodded. "I like a couple of Prince's songs and Queen and Billy Idol are good. I really like Twisted Sister, Megadeth and Iron Maiden." He said proudly. "Oh and Quiet Riot!" He loved heavy metal and rock but there was one band that he really liked but he dare not mention it. It would get him laughed out of the café. It was the Bee Gees and he'd liked them ever since he was a kid and he even had the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack on vinyl. Nights on Broadway was his favorite song but this information was not known by any of his friends.

He soon finished his burger and had a couple of fries left as he sat back, content and happy as he sipped his soda. "We should head back in a bit. I don't want to leave the guys stranded at school." He said with a sigh, dreading going back but they had to sooner rather than later.

Susanne Malkovich

➽──────────────❥
The restaurant started to get busier as the night wore on. Some of their other peers had also left the dance early, and had stopped to get something quick to eat before heading to the next event. Luckily, they weren’t people she really knew. The line for the jukebox steadily grew longer as iconic songs played over the speakers. She finished the last bite of her food, pushing the trash out of the way so that the waitress could take it. She took another sip of her water, watching the regular hustle and bustle of the establishment and its workers.

Suzanne smiled politely at his music taste. She liked hard rock and metal selectively, and would often only listen to certain songs instead of a whole album. Sometimes the music was really good, and other times it was just noise. When it was just noise, she’d just move on to another song or another artist in that category. She did what she could to keep up with all facets of the music scene, that way she could have a conversation with almost anybody about many artists. “I Wanna Rock is a really good jam.” She offered. She liked certain Twisted Sister songs, but it was difficult for her to follow Quiet Riot and Iron Maiden. Carol listened to a lot of Iron Maiden, and often played some of their music against her will.

At the mention of heading back to the school, Suzanne sighed. She agreed, and she hoped that Sofia hadn’t forgotten about her. Sometimes when she has a date to events, she could get carried away. Unbeknownst to her at the time, Sofie had met somebody very charming at the Halloween party, and would go on to date him a month later. He was a musician, and was a part of a friend’s band. He played bass guitar. Although Suzanne wouldn’t normally encourage dating musicians, Sofie had been very supportive of her lately, so she thought she’d give the same courtesy. She seemed happy. He had offered to pick them both up to take them to the dance, but Sofie had politely decline, preferring to ride with Susanne alone.

Okay.” She responded. “We can go back whenever you’re ready. I’m just going to use the bathroom.” She turned and walked towards the restroom, using it promptly, and then returning to him afterwards. 10 PM. They only had about an hour left.

"Oh I love I Wanna Rock. I play that one often." Nicholas said with a smile. He has a cassette at home that contained songs that he'd recorded off of his stereo when radio stations would play his favorite songs. It was time consuming but he got it done and the tape was perpetually in his tape deck in his car. One had to wonder if it was getting worn out as much use as it got. He would probably need to use a day off to record another.

When Susie excused herself to go to the restroom Nicholas nodded, humming to one of the songs that was playing and bobbing his head. While she was gone the waitress came by to give him their check and he paid for it, taking his change when it came back. He stuffed it in his pocket just as Susie came back, giving her a smile. She was such a pretty girl and he felt lucky to have been out with her for their impromptu dinner. Though it was more like an escape from their peers.

"Well, let's go. I need to get this car back." He said as he got up and headed for the door, opening it and holding it for Susie until she was out and walking to the car to unlock it and let her in first before getting in the driver's side and starting it up. It would take a few minutes for the heater to be ready so he decided to make small talk until it did while putting on his seat belt. "I would really like to go out on a date with you sometime. If you don't mind being seen in public with me." He joked with a light chuckle.

Soon he pulled out once the heater was ready and left to go back to the school. He knew that Vance was going to yell at him and Susie's friend would yell at her but, at this moment, neither of them cared.

Susanne Malkovich

➽──────────────❥
As expected, soon after she came back from the bathroom the pair headed back to the car. She dreaded having to show her face in that gymnasium again. But her hope was that Patricia had ditched and run off somewhere, so that she wouldn’t have to face her. She had to sit and think about exactly what she’d say, and hope that when she confronted her, Patricia would listen. But she had never been a good listener. The reason why their fights would last so long was because Patricia never compromised, or saw her point of view in a situation. Suzanne never apologized for her opinions, and eventually the two would just get over whatever they were fighting about. They never actually settled anything in the end.

Suzanne entered the car, quietly thanking him for opening the door. She sat inside, instinctively rubbing her hands together. It had gotten much colder. As the heat began to kick on, she willed it to get warmer faster. She looked out the window and up at the sky, taking in the night clarity. The moon was almost full and the sky was cloudless. There was no wind, but the chill in the air was prevalent. The palm trees behind the property created shadows, making the environment seem eerie. The car seats were nice and comfortable, and she found herself adjusting the seat back just a little bit for comfort.

At his prospect of a date, her heart skipped a beat and she had to hold together her composure. He was brave for asking her, and it wasn’t something she was expecting. She worried about the awkwardness, noting how present that feeling was since the two were hanging out sober. She wanted to hope that an official date with him would have a different energy. She wanted to give him a chance, but there were some things that she needed to work through, internally and externally. She smiled at him kindly but sheepishly. “I don’t think I’m ready for a date.” She admitted. “Talking to you was nice, but there are some things that I have to sort out before I can consider that.” She mostly meant her friends, but there was an underlying emotional issue that she felt she needed to work through. “But we can still hang out, or even go to some parties together if you want. I’m not scared to be your friend.

To hear Susanne's rejection of his offer for a date hurt a little but Nicholas understood. It would be weird for the two to date but he did understand. There would be a lot of trouble around them if they decided to start dating but he was willing to defy all of that just to be with her and be able to kiss her lips every morning and hangout in his room when she came over. Maybe one day it would happen but not now. For now he stayed single and it made him sigh internally as he drove, focusing on the road as the thoughts of what he would say to the guys crept its way into his mind. No doubt his absence would incur the anger of Vance.

When Susie said that she wasn't afraid to be his friend that made him smile lightly. That was a good start and something that he would like. To be able to say hi to her without the worries of people looking at them funny for simply being friendly to each other. "And I'm not afraid of being your friend either. I'd like that." He said and kept driving. They would be back at school soon and both would have an angry friend to contend with.

Soon they were back and he parked in the same spot that Walter had parked, sitting back after putting it on neutral. He wasn't ready to go out into the cold just yet. The heat felt nice as he turned it up just a bit before looking to Susie with a smile. "Whatever your friends say... Just tell that it was my fault. I'll take the blame." He said as he took in the warmth, getting an idea. "Oh! Here." He said taking off his seat belt and turned to reach for his coat, handing it to her. "Here, take this so you're not cold." He said holding the coat for her to take.

Susanne Malkovich

➽──────────────❥
As the two drove back towards the school, there was a period of uncomfortable silence after the initial rejection. She didn’t intend to hurt his feelings, but she could sense that some of those emotions were present. Once she sorted through her problems, she might be willing to give him a chance. She stared out the window, staring at the passing landscape as the silence persisted. After a few more moments, he spoke, seemingly okay with the idea of friendship. It helped her feel more relieved and at ease. “Thank you for understanding.

They pulled into the school soon after, preparing to hop out and face the inside. She smiled at his jacket offer, but she chose to decline. “No thank you, but I appreciate it.” She knew that if she took it, she’d have to return it, and she wanted to make sure he kept his stuff. “It’s only a short trip back inside.” She got out of the car, giving him a hug before going back in. “Thank you for the food. I had a good time tonight. And thank you again for helping me earlier.” After breaking from the embrace, she went back to the gym to look for Sofia.

It didn't take too long to find her. The crowd was pretty thin, and everything seemed to be wrapping up. She was sitting alone on the bleachers, and she looked upset. Suzanne quickly joined her. “Are you okay?
Finally, you came back.” Sofia said sadly. “I’ve wanted to leave since 9.
Why? Where’s Danny?” Suzanne asked.
He never showed.” She responded. “I don’t know why, but he stood me up.
Suzanne frowned, giving her a hug. “I’m sorry. He’s a tool.
I really liked him.” Sofia whimpered, shedding a few tears.
I know.” Suzanne helped her up, leading her down the bleachers. “Let’s go home now.
How did things go with Nick?” She asked, in hopes the news would cheer her up.
Fine.” She responded with a smile. “He’s a really nice guy.
I was hoping you’d give me more than that.” Sofia joked.
Nothing happened. We had dinner and a conversation.” Suzanne responded.
Well, that’s a start.” Sofia said. “But you really should’ve kissed him.
Suzanne laughed. “I wasn’t ready for that. But I’ll keep it in mind.
The two continued bantering as they got in Sofia’s car and headed home.

Nicholas reluctantly got out on the car after turning it off and locking it up after grabbing the keys. As he turned to talk towards the door to the gym he was met by a hug from Susie which he didn't expect but he gave her one back, rubbing her back a little. "You're welcome on both. It was no big deal." He said before she let go and they both walked inside to see a thin attendance. There were still a few geeks still there along with a couple of jocks but they weren't from Alex and Becky's groups.

Upon walking into the gym he spotted the guys who were sitting at a table, talking with a couple of the stoners. It was Walter, Leon and Vance. Jeremy had left with Judy to go with her and her friends. They had intentions of ditching the group and going to Judy's house to mess around. The two were pretty crazy about each other. Nicholas sighed and approached the table to sit down with them which made Vance glare at him.

"Where the hell have you been?!?! We've been wanting to leave here for an hour now!!" He asked in a loud tone. Nicholas rolled his eyes while handing Walter his keys. "Susie and I went out to dinner. You and her friends were wearing us both out so we just split." He said and Walter gasped but with a smile and a light laugh. He wasn't mad at all about leaving that way. In fact, he was glad that the two left. "How did it go, bro?! Did she kiss you?" Walter asked and Nick laughed, shaking his head. "It wasn't a date. We just talked and ate. I paid for it." He said and Walter nodded.

Vance was shocked that Walter was happy for Nick for going out with her. He was livid and couldn't understand why no one else was. "How could you congratulate him, Walter?!?!! He ditched us for a jock! And not just a jock but a damn tennis player!! I...." He was yelling but was soon cut off by Leon who was getting annoyed by all of the complaining over Nick leaving with a girl. "Shut up, Vance!!!" He shouted which shocked everyone. "Why do you care so much what he does?!?! Are you jealous?!?!! Jeremy ditched us for Judy Collins and you didn't bitch but Nick goes out with someone and suddenly now you care?!?! You are such a damn hypocrite!!!!" He said and the two glared at each other before Vance got up to walk away as Leon sat back down. He was over the infighting over a girl.

Everyone sat in silence as Leon sat, rubbing his temples. He rarely, if ever, yelled but when he did it was a big deal. Soon Walter spoke, shaking his head with a light laugh. "Well said, Leo." He said and Leon sighed again while putting his hands over his face. "Sorry about that...." He said back in his soft spoken tone.

Soon the night came to an end and the guys left to go back to their homes. Walter dropped Nick off and went back home after dropping Leon off. Vance found another way home. He didn't want to speak to the others.

Susanne Malkovich
February, 1985 / Senior Year

➽──────────────❥
February 11th. It was a Saturday, specifically the one before Valentine’s Day. Another party was being held, and it was back at Pamela’s house. Someone liked to hold a Valentines party every year, in case there were any poor singles that still needed a date. It was the first year that Suzanne hadn’t been with someone over Valentine’s Day, but it didn’t bother her. She knew she’d be seeing Nick, and she was happy about that. Over the past two months, the two had been hanging out at least once every 1-2 weeks, and the awkwardness that had existed before had almost completely dissipated. They had become pretty close, and she was really starting to trust him.

Patricia, however, still hadn’t warmed up. She had been giving Nick such a difficult time that it forced Suzanne to confront her officially and discontinue their friendship until she could understand and get over herself. They hadn’t spoken since that fight, and she was losing hope that Patricia would ever grow up. But Sofia had been very supportive, and even Carol seemed to like him, because of his music taste mainly. As more time was being spent, her feelings had started to grow, and she was looking forward to seeing him.

Upstairs, I Wanna Know What Love Is by Foreigner was playing on one of her many tapes, as she got ready for the party. She was dressing in a pink, sporty crop top with pink leggings, going a little over the top for the holiday. She wore some red jewelry also, including a ruby necklace and a bracelet. She put her hair in a nice updo, placing a red bow there to secure it. She kept her makeup minimal, but added a generous amount of pink blush to her cheeks. She was expecting Nick to pick her up, so she kept glancing out the window to see if he had made it yet.

In the meantime, she headed downstairs. Her mother had baked some heart-shaped sugar cookies, and she took one to eat. During her snack, she realized that lipstick would complete the look, and she put on a ruby red shape, being sure to check her teeth and blot it afterwards. “You look beautiful!” Her mom called from another room.
Thank you!” Suzanne called back with a smile. She was really looking forward to the night.

It was February, and it's was time for a Valentine's Day party, which was being held at Pamela's house. Nicholas was excited for the party because he was finally going by himself. In his own car and he was picking up Susie. They had become better acquainted with each other over the past couple of months, and this had Nick in positive spirits about the party. They were still going as friends, but it still had him excited. Walter had been encouraging the two to hang out more and get to know each other.

Vance and the guys hadn't spoken since the Christmas dance after Leon went off on him, and everyone agreed with him. Nicholas had tried calling him, but he either had Judy there and wouldn't come to the phone, or he just wouldn't answer. He was acting very immature, but Judy was also in his ear, and that didn't help either. Nicholas gave up after a few days and decided to leave him to his ways. If he didn't want to talk to his friends, then they would forget about him. Even Jeremy told Nick and the guys to leave him to be corrupted and controlled by Judy.

Turn Up the Radio by Autograph was playing on Nick's stereo while he got ready for the party. He had on light blue jeans, a black raglan with red sleeves, and his denim jacket. His hair was a bit longer since his boss told him it was okay as long as he wore a hair net, so it was just past his earlobes, and he loved it. He was growing it out for Susie.

After having brushed his teeth, he put on deodorant and cologne, then grabbed his shoes, turning his music off before leaving the room. Derek had gone to stay at a friend's house because he and Nick's parents were going out for Valentine's Day as well. As he walked down the hall, he saw his Dad coming while putting on a tie. "Excited for the party, son?" He asked, and Nick smiled with a nod.

"I am. I'm just about to leave to go pick up Susie. I really like her, Dad." He said, and his Dad smiled. He'd seen the girl once and could see why Nick liked her. "Well, you'd better get going. Take your house key because you're mother and I won't be home until late. Have a great time!" He said, and Nick hurried down the steps, putting on his shoes, grabbing a key, and leaving.

He rushed out to his car, getting in and leaving for Susie's house. As he drove, he turned on some music, and a love song was playing, which made him smile. It was fitting for the night and had him wondering where the night would go. Soon, he pulled up in front of Susie's house and pulled in, parking before getting out. He walked to the door, knocking lightly, waiting for her to come out.

Last edited:
Susanne Malkovich

➽──────────────❥
Suzanne headed into the living room area, where her mom was watching a sitcom called Newhart. She had always liked the show, and would tune in whenever there were new episodes. “Nick’s coming to get you?” She asked, unable to suppress her grin. “Are you finally going to wise up and start dating him?
Suzanne laughed at her mother’s honesty. “I don’t know. Right now, we’re just going to this party together, it’s not a big deal.
Okay…” Her mother sighed dramatically. She had heard about Nick over the past two months, especially as they started hanging out more. They hadn’t met officially, but her mom would pop her head out of the door to wave to him whenever he’d pick Susie up for something.
It’ll be fun no matter what.” Suzanne reassured, giving her mother a hug.

She heard somebody knock at the door, and the nerves kicked in. It was a mixture of excitement and anxiety. She got to the door and opened it with a wide smile. Wow, he looks so handsome. She thought to herself. “You look deadly.” She said, complimenting him. He’ll probably be the best looking guy at the party.

Sofia ended up reconciling with Danny after he stood her up at the Christmas dance, and would be arriving with him. It turned out that his car broke down, and he couldn’t make it there. It was a pretty valid excuse. She wasn’t sure whether Patricia would be there, but she didn’t care. They hadn’t even been making eye contact. “Okay mom, I’ll see you later!” Suzanne shouted, saying goodbye. She closed the door behind her, giving him a hug. “Are you ready? Tonight’s gonna be totally rad!

Nicholas could hear Susie talking to her Mom while he waited on the porch for her to come out so they could leave. In that brief amount of time that he was waiting he felt his heart start to beat in his chest. He didn't know why but he was nervous. The two were only friends but it had him a bundle of nerves. He took a deep breath and exhaled just as he heard Susie run to the door to open it.

There she stood, looking beautiful in her outfit and it made Nick to give her he once over and really drink her in. "Thanks. You look bitchin'." He said while looking in her beautiful brown eyes. Damn, she looks amazing! He thought to himself as the girl bid her Mom goodbye before shutting the door and giving him a hug.

"I'm totally ready. Tonight's going to be gnarly! Jeremy is bringing Jayne. He said that he'd meet us there." He said as he walked her to his car and opened the door. It felt great to be driving his car for once instead of riding with the guys. It gave him more freedom to just leave if he and Susie weren't having a good time though that was not likely to happen. It was one of Pamela's parties after all.

Once they were in the car Nick left and headed for Pam's house. "Hopefully this one doesn't get raided by the cops." He said jokingly while catching a whiff of Susie's perfume. Damn did the girl smell good and look even better. This made Nick sigh happily. He really felt like they were going to become a couple soon. If not by the end of this night then soon.

"You look really nice, Susie. Like, killer even." He said as he gave her a smile before looking back at the road to focus on driving. There were a lot of people out so traffic was heavy with lovers going out for dinner or a movie.

Last edited:
Susanne Malkovich

➽──────────────❥
Awesome!” Suzanne responded when he mentioned Jeremy and Jayne. She had taken the time to get acquainted with a handful of his friends, and they had been very kind and accepting of her thus far. She knew that they didn’t all feel that way, but she understood. Not everyone had an open mind, and some preferred that groups stuck together and didn’t stray. Walter, Jeremy, Jayde, and Bo had been pretty friendly, and she enjoyed being around them as well.

The two of them headed to the car, starting their short journey to Pam’s house. She had brought a light jacket that time, so she wouldn’t get chilly. Suzanne laughed at his comment. “If it does, I’ll make it out.” She reassured. “I believe that you will too.” She had a perfect track record when it came to evading cops. She was good at hiding, and generally pretty fast due to her athletic background. She liked the smell of his cologne, and appreciated that he didn’t use too much.

Thank you.” Suzanne said blushing. She always liked to dress nicely for parties, in case she caught the attention of someone, but that night she only wanted the attention of one person. “I think you look really good too.
The two continued driving, hitting some light traffic on the way. Valentine’s Day was a big deal for many people, and no doubt the restaurants were going to be really full. Once they got there, the party was already in full swing. Decorations had been put on the house and in the front lawn, most being hearts and cupids. Unfortunately, just as before, they’d have to park further down the street. But it was a nice night, and it’d be a nice walk.

Nicholas laughed at Susie saying that they'd get away if the cops raided this party. Nick had a pretty good record of getting away. He, Leon and Bo all had success with eluding trouble and he hoped that it continued. He also hoped that they could have a pleasant evening together with friends and not even have to worry about fleeing.

"Thanks so much. I thought that the shirt was a good choice since it has red on it." Nick said with a smile. He normally dressed comfortably and to catch the eye of a potential girlfriend but tonight he was with a potential girlfriend so, if things worked out, he would be off the market. The thought of that warmed his heart as he drove in the holiday traffic.

Soon he pulled onto the street that Pam lived on and, as is always with her parties, they had to park a few blocks down but he didn't mind since it wasn't freezing out. There were couples and groups on their way to the party and it looked again like Pam was going to have a great turnout as he shut the car off and looked to Susie with a smile. "This is going to be so cool!! I can't wait to meet up with our friends." He said before getting out and walking to Susie's side to let her out. He was excited to walk in with her. They already looked nice together and they were still just friends.

Susanne Malkovich

➽──────────────❥
As they walked down the street, she took note of the houses around. Most of them were pretty large, but Pam’s was the crown jewel of the block. Most of the lights were off at that time, indicating that people were either asleep or on Valentine’s getaways. The night was dark and chilly, and there were some clouds covering the moon. It had been raining for the past few days, and it was likely they’d be expecting more at some point.

More cars drove by, piling in any parking areas that they could find. Some even settled in other’s driveways, and would likely be cursed at in the morning when their cars were still there. Pam had one floor that consisted of mostly guest bedrooms, and she imagined that those would be claimed pretty early. “Yeah, hopefully they’re waiting for us inside.” She responded.

They finally made it to the front door, passing many groups of people hanging out in the lawn. Careless Whisper was playing inside, prompting several couples to slow dance. As always, there was a huge snack table and an even bigger bar. She instinctively looked around for her friends, spotting Sofia dancing with Danny. She wanted to wait until the song was over to interrupt them. She hadn’t spotted any of Nick’s friends yet, but she figured they were around somewhere.

Sofia is over there.” Suzanne said, pointing her out. “I’ll probably go say hello to her once she’s done dancing. I figured I’d get a drink in the meantime.” She’d probably try some of the punch, and then she’d go outside to find a blunt to hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back