Journal -------------------------------

I know deep down these things make me so immensely happy, bring joy to my life, and would get used so often.

This past month has been the most enlightening part of my life thus far although I'm getting close to thirty so there's more life will throw my way (hopefully). That being said I'll share a lesson with you, and this is from my aching heart.

There's no absolute answer to life. One person will wake up and smile because they believe they have a god who will watch over them. Another will wake up early to make their loved one breakfast. We are motivated by happiness whatever that might be to us. Up until December I thought I knew what that was, happiness. I thought I understood that feeling but I was wrong. I was happy but not for myself. Then something happened. I won't go into detail here.

I felt happy for myself and that made me want to stay up late, wake up early, just to be awake and embrace this feeling I thought I knew. That feeling is gone now... but at least I know I was wrong before and now I have that elusive answer I was looking for. It's happiness. That's why we do everything we desire. You have to live for the present because tomorrow... tomorrow isn't a promise, I'll say that much.

It's cliche but listen to your gut, or your heart, or your soul... whatever talks to you and go with that. Tomorrow is never a promise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back