Experiences .

I don't know he sounds like an incredibly smart guy and maybe you should just take his word for it. I agree with him.

I don't know he sounds like an incredibly smart guy and maybe you should just take his word for it. I agree with him.

giphy.gif

My experience roleplaying with s/o was pretty bad. It was the type of roleplayer I would avoid at all costs otherwise. Too focused on own characters and ignoring mine, not letting me give any input in rp progression and only pressing own ideas to be used, godmodding, making own characters too OP to be fun, our writing styles didn't match, our ideas didn't match... anyway the rp didn't last long. XD Not to mention we broke up shortly after because we didn't match in a lot of other things too.

But bad experiences aside, I don't think it's weird by itself. I rp with irl friends. I know it's not exactly the same, but close enough because they're my very close friends. We can discuss our rp irl as well, and no one finds it weird.

My SO and I RP together and I enjoy it a lot. However, we don’t RP online, we play D and D with some of our mutual friends. It works out well for us since he enjoys world building, he DMs and I enjoy character creation so I play a character in the game. It gives us something to talk about and look forward to as a couple.

At the same time, he knows about my online RPing, but I like to keep them separate. I enjoy it with him in a group setting but I like having my own little creation space on here for myself.

I befriended someone through rp and we ended up dating. However, we broke up due to long distance and the rping stopped because it had residual feeling still attached to it.

I doubt hearing other experiences are going to change the fact that he finds it weird. That's something that comes from inside. Personally I run for the hills if I feel an RPer has feelings for me, because I disappear from the RP scene all together for months at a time. I only date people I know irl.

A bit late to the party on this one but still. I met my guy on a site around 2011-2012. We roleplayed together on many different things it was in fact our love of roleplay that brought us together. Although he has given up these online communities we still write together even being in the same household together. All in all writing/roleplay can bring people together or do something completely opposite. Hopefully you both will get back into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back