2nd ED charm question

Gtroc

I know that it is a bit early to be asking but I was looking over the harms and one of them is a little vague, in the terrifying way. in regargs to tiger warrior training technique and harmonious academic methodology, on pages 198 and 215 respectively.the second to last sentence states that "the solar can train with the unit, or as a solo unit, increasing her own traits." to me this seems vague and dangerous, as it implies increasing stats permanently without the ex cost. any thoughts?

I'm pretty sure I've seen reference to Tiger Warrior Training Technique not giving stat increases for free anymore - You still need to spend the apropriate XP, although use of the charm modifies the training time and lets you spend xp you don't have yet, ie, go into negitive xp. This is the way some later training charms were written in first ed - The mountain folk one springs to mind.

where did you see this reference, because I have not found a limit like that yet. though it does kind of make sense, to use it as a training time decreaser, rather than an actual improve through essense use charm. to me it just seems a bit vague. I do like that they have three training charms in the game now rather than one, though. it is a nice change, and for the most part they are written much better than the first ed ones, it was that one sentence that bothered, and still bothers, me.

Committed Essence can come from Peripheral Essence.  Peripheral Essence adds to anima displays only as it is being spent.  Committed Essence isn't considered an expendature, though you do not recover the committed Essence until you stop committing them.

Committed Essence can come from Peripheral Essence.  Peripheral Essence adds to anima displays only as it is being spent.  Committed Essence isn't considered an expendature' date=' though you do not recover the committed Essence until you stop committing them.[/quote']
Um...what? that made no sense at all, what exactly are you talking about?

Gtroc said:
Committed Essence can come from Peripheral Essence.  Peripheral Essence adds to anima displays only as it is being spent.  Committed Essence isn't considered an expendature' date=' though you do not recover the committed Essence until you stop committing them.[/quote']
Um...what? that made no sense at all, what exactly are you talking about?
In other words, at 9am, I spend 10 motes of peripheral Essence to attune to my daiklave.  I immediately flare up and everybody around me notices.

At around 10am, the light show has faded.  My motes remain committed, though, and I can travel freely around without being accosted.

I understand that, I am trying to figure out what it has to do with the origional question. that was where I was asking for clarification.

... yes, but what does that have to do with this thread? I don't see that question being raised here, although it's being discussed in another thread...

Solfi said:
... yes, but what does that have to do with this thread? I don't see that question being raised here, although it's being discussed in another thread...
exactly my point.

The explanation of the Key Word "Training" on page 183 is, well, the key.

"Characters who receive training and aren't extras must pay the normal experience cost for any trait increases. If they can't afford the cost, they go into 'experience point debt'."

No I don't... I deliver carefully planned hooks to see if you're paying attention...

Two questions:

1) What the fuck is 'Dubya'

2) What in the name of the Sleeping Old Ones does that have to do with anything?

Safim said:
Don't quote me though, I am just a german :P
Go ahead and quote him. He's right. I prefer the also derogatory "Shrub" for our unelected monkey king (as in, "if his father was a Bush, then he is a shrub").

Users who are viewing this thread

Back