[2E] New Dragon Blood ability sets

G

I'm expecting, due to the way the STC charms read, an almost full Dragon Blood rebuild, unless they pull another Lunars and do something completely different for the Hardback.

Here's my guess, it's only an educated guess;

Air

- Linguisitcs

- Lore

- Occult

- Stealth

- Thrown

Earth

- Awareness

- Craft

- Integrity

- Melee

- Resistance

Fire

- Athletics

- Dodge

- Presence

- Socialize

- War

Water

- Bureaucracy

- Investigation

- Larceny

- Martial Arts

- Sail

Wood

- Archery

- Medicine

- Performance

- Ride

- Survival
My guess is that air and wood remain unchanged. Fire loses a direct combat ability in favor of War, to balance that they already have dodge, and a damaging Anima. Melee moves to Earth as most weapons are made from steel, which comes form the earth and must be crafted. Water gets Martial Arts mainly cause Terrestrial Hero Style still seems very Water themed.

Fair enough. Air and Wood are untouched after all.

Do the skill sets seem reasonable however?

It's hard to say. The 1st Edition Ability spread uses only the flimsiest of thematic reasons, and there's plenty of room for arguing other layouts.

I could really see them distributing the Abilties in almost ANY possible combination, and justifying it, so it's difficult to guess.

I'd assume, though, that they're re-arrange things to cause as little change as possible from 1st Ed.

-S

but I cant wait to see where martial arts, War, and integrity go.

resistence will stay where it is... and earth may just get integrity, too, as you say.

but im uncertain about martial arts, in particular. since its an ability both earth and water may have a claim on.

Honestly, I think you could argue for any Aspect to have Martial Arts, considering what a grab-bag of powers the MA styles are.

Integrity, how ever, seems to be distinctly "Earthy" to me, just as War seems "Fiery".

-S

I always thought War would be more of a 'deep thinker'-thing. So Air. Or maybe Water.

possibly.

I think their going to need to approach this CAREFULLY.

so people dont have to rush too much in switching their favored abilitys around...

(especialy problematic for the zenith caste military leader who now has to switch out a favored ability to get war as favored.

meh. Why?

As has been shown, there are alternate interpretations for pretty much all the necessary alterations. Shuffling around a few dots isn't that big of a deal. I couldn't care less what the final bid is actually...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back