• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

1X1 RP with Nyssa Al Ghul

WantYourSoul

Resident Babyface
@Nyssa Al Ghul

The sounds of the carnival were loud and oppressing to Hana's ears. Big crowds like this frightened her and she kind of wanted to go home. However, she really did want to see if her mother's jam won in the contest. So now the lanky Russian girl is awkwardly standing in line for the roller coaster.

Her snow-white hair was cut into a wispy bob and she kept playing with the stray strands of hair as her lithe legs slowly bounce in anticipation for this coaster. There was a few hours until the awards for the jam, so she was going to kill time.

Her ice blue eyes were slowly surveying the dirty surroundings, popcorn and cotton candy vendors lined up with hungry teenagers and parents with whining children. Hana never wants children, she also doesn't like boys that much to begin with. She had her pale hands shoved into the pockets of her parka-like vest, lanky frame caved in on herself. It was as if she were trying to make herself seem smaller, being 6'1" made her rather noticeable in a crowd. It didn't matter if she didn't yell a lot, her bright hair and tall frame draws eyes when she doesn't want it.

Jane walked around the carnival looking for a ride that could catch her interest. 'Coming to a carnival alone could really be boring' she thought as she saw a group of friends hanging around, laughing and teasing each other. She shrugs and walks away. She was never much of a people person even though everyone she met seemed to love her. 'Why wouldn't they?' her dad had asked her once. According to him, she was sweet, caring, exceptionally loyal and softhearted. But obviously her dad would say that, he was her dad. Her thoughts broke off once she saw the rollercoaster. It was really huge and seemed scary. 'Perfect!' she thought as she went and stood in the line.

One could easily lose her in a small crowd, because she was barely 5'7 and had brownish wavy hairs, which was pretty common. If not for her baby blue eyes, there was nothing special in her, which would help one distinguish her from any another random teenage girl.

Today, as she stood behind a girl who was more than 6 foot she felt like a small child.

Hana tapped her foot against the cracked pavement, feeling more and more anxious every second that ticks by, coasters don't ride themselves. She takes the time to look behind her- and down. A smirk plays along her thin lips, painted a dark red colour. She found it slightly funny that the girl was so much shorter than her- about half a foot. The ride's line begins moving forwards and Hana's excitement only grows. She loves roller coasters, the girl's quite the thrillseeker. She glances behind her again before speaking,"You going to put your hair up? The ride will be fast." She had a very obvious Russian accent, it interfered with how easy it was to understand her words. But only slightly. Hana waves her thin wrist at the ride attendant to verify she had one of the unlimited ride bracelets. There was a trapeze show going on, which explained why the ride wasn't too congested with overexcited kids. The ride attendant was a middle aged man with an overpronounced adam's apple and 5 o'clock shadow. He's the kind of man you'd grap your children's hand extra tight around.

Jane was trying to look everywhere but the rollercoaster. She had second thoughts about getting on it, but it couldn't be helped now as the line behind her had grown, and people had started to push so that they could get on the ride.

When the girl before her spoke, it took a moment for her to understand what she had said. She was basically from Canada and had spent most of her life there, so hearing another accent was something she was just getting adjusted to. She nodded her head and whispered "thanks" as she pulled a band around her hairs.

She passes her ticket to the attendant who looked at her as if he was going to exploit her. His look seemed more scary than the ride and hence she ran and took a seat right in the middle, hoping that the one who'll sit next to her wouldn't mind the fact that she'll be clutching on to them as if her life depended on it.

Hana takes her time looking over the girl before her, finding her ever-growing nervousness to be a little cute. She was like a puppy. Hana does this with everyone she meets, makes inane and silly assumptions.

Her confusion at her words didn't cause the smirk on the Russian girl's face to waver, she just walks forwards and slides onto the roller coaster's cart. She leans forwards, resting her chin on her steepled hands as she waits for the cart to be filled. The cart attendent seemed to be more fixed on Jane than Hana. Long and lithe girls probably weren't his thing. The girl practically sliding into her causes a small chuckle and she holds her hand out."I'm Hana. You seem to enjoy my company. Enough to ride with me."

Jane looks at the other girl as she sat next to her. It was the same one who had stood in front of her. For the first time she looked at her properly, 'she's pretty' her mind told her.

She not only seemed pretty but also brave. Praying that she wouldn't mind Jane shouting in her ears, she extended her hand to the girl with a smile "Nice to meet you" she says shyly "I'm Jane" she added and continues "Well, I certainly enjoy your company but I'm not sure you would, in a few minutes" she said as the instructor asked us to put the belts around us.

She took the belt, her hand shaking as she tied it around herself. Once she had fastened it she closed her eyes.

While Jane appraises her, Hana does the same to her cart mate. She had noticed prior, but this girl was very pretty. She seemed like the kind of girl that you wouldn't have to worry about bringing unsavory friends to your parties. Hana tosses her head back an dsweeps her hair from her eyes, chuckling."Jane, it sounds like a very pretty name. A pretty name for a pretty girl, ya?" She asks, fastening the belt across her small hips and giving the girl a pat on the thigh.

"I have five siblings. My mother had triplets, those children are louder than a foghorn at times," she explains lightheartedly, trying to take the obviously distressed girl's mind off of the ride ahead.

Jane blushed at the words of the other girl "Look who says so" she adds with a smile "You're more beautiful than me" she says truthfully.

While she was getting scared, the other girl talks about her family and as she listens to it, she almost forgets about the ride and laughs at Hana's words "Wow! But it must nice to have so many siblings" she says "I'm the only kid. Which is really really boring" she nods

Hana grins, she is quite the narcissist when it comes down to it."Yes, I know. But I do believe our beauty are on very equal levels," she responds in an equally truthful manner.

"It's not that great. Yvette is really the only of my siblings whom I can stand." As she speaks, the cart lurches forwards. It was going slow at first, up the small incline."My family isn't boring, no no! But I do wish I had fewer siblings. I have always wondered what a Christmas would be like if it were only me to spoil."

Jane just smiles at her and nods "Well...." Her words get cut short when the ride begins slowly, and all her attention goes back to it at once. A flood of feelings hits her, and she grasps the hand of Hana without any instinct. She hopes that the other girl doesn't mind as they had reached the top and now the direction was bottom. The cart moved and Jane lets out a huge scream.

Hana glances to her hand, the one Jane was currently squeezing in a death-grip. She didn't mind the hand holding part one bit."When we start going down, put your hands up in the air. It makes it more fun," she whispers to the girl, the softer her voice is, the harder it is to understand what she's saying through her accent.

As the cart tilts down and begins gaining momentum, Hana lets out an excited whoop along with the others who are either screaming or laughing.

Jane nods at Hana and says as the girl does raising her hand, she screams till she can't hear own voice anymore. She closes her eyes trying not to cry as the rollercoaster goes on and on, not coming to stop. She curses herself for getting on the rollercoaster in the first place

Hana's hands are still in the air, she whoops in excitement as the ride whips them around. She notices Jane's distress and wraps one of her arms around the other girl in a very smooth and suave way. She was actually just comforting her and not trying to come onto her. Hana's other arm was in the air however, she loved this ride.

Jane feels Hana's hand go around her and smiles. Instead of enjoying the ride herself the girl was ensuring she didn't feel so scared. With that Jane let her hands fall and opened her eyes, trying not to scream but enjoy the ride just like Hana was

Hana had slid her arm around the other casually, almost as if they were already friends and it were something they did a lot. Her icey eyes slide over to Jane's to confirm she weren't out of bounds and also to see if she were enjoying the ride. She's such a confusing mix of callous and caring, it's difficult to read her.

Jane couldn't help but smile when Hana put her around her, it was a comforting touch and she felt a bit better already. For the sake of the other girl, Jane was trying to control her fear, and by that she had started enjoying the ride, she turns to look at Hana with a huge smile on her face. She squeezes the other girl's hand for being so nice to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back