[1x1] Love is a Calamity [Inactive]

anime_girl-2.jpg

(Name: Brianna Nichole Rae, Age: 22)

The bar had been filled with a smoky atmosphere and loud conversations and even louder laughter as the drinks kept coming that Saturday night. And yet, this long haired raven girl didn't at all to appear to have had anything to drink. True however, Brianna didn't drink, knowing what alcohol did, and her Father being a drunk. . .But her friends from college had convinced her to get out for a while, since Brianna was very focused on her college studies, wanting to do good and graduate and get her degree.

But now, as Brianna made her way out to her car, her purse slung over her shoulder, the young woman left the safety of the lights behind and had entered into the dark parking lot, and was fishing around for her car keys in her purse, unaware that she had been being followed until the voice demanded where she thought she was going.

Startled, the raven haired twenty-two year old jump, dropping her car keys into a puddle left over from the previous night's rain. Frowning, Brianna knelt down and picked out her keys, wiping the rain water off of them, turning her attention to the drunkard man who had spoken to her, and recognized him. It was this very man that had tried making advances on her the entire time she had been at the bar. Only thing was, Brianna had continuously ignored him and brushed him off.

Being a Night Calamity, Liam had powerful senses. Even though he wasn't close enough to the situation to be seen by the humans, he could smell the alcohol on the man's breath. He wrinkled his nose. The sight of the drunken man stumbling toward the woman was pathetic. Liam rolled his eyes watching as the man made his way closer to the poor woman, harassing her once more. The skinny, sloppy man made his way over to her, placing his hand on her shoulder.

"C'mon, let me buy you a drink. Come back inside," he offered, breathing down the back of her neck. He grumbled in frustration when she once again brushed him off, making a move towards her car. "You won't regret it!" he called out, desperately almost. The man gripped onto her car door so she couldn't close it. Growing frustrated, his sloppy attempts suddenly became more threatening when he drew a gun out from his coat.

Liam watched in surprise as the man pointed the gun at her. The most chaos Liam had seen around this particular bar was a drunken brawl or two, but never a shooting victim. He moved even closer now, almost standing directly behind the man without him knowing. The dark haired male was almost tempted to intervene. Just because he survived by feeding off the misery of others didn't mean he always allowed people to be miserable.

"Now I'll offer this to you one more time," the man said, speech slurred, "come back inside and have a drink with me. I insist."

Letting out an exasperated sigh, the girl took her turn to roll her eyes, but froze when the drunken male placed his hand on her car door so that she wouldn't be able to climb in and drive back to her apartment. But then, the girl's sharp green eyes grew wide and her face when pale when the man suddenly pulled out a small pistol that even a woman could easily hide in her purse, and Brianna swallowed hard, her heart pounding loudly in her chest so great that the young woman could hear it in her own ears, and with a trembling hand, the young woman closed her eyes as she felt the cold barrel of the small pistol press against her belly, and she bit her lip as she opened her emerald eyes again, neither of them noticing Liam standing behind the woman's terror.

"Please I. . .I just want to go home. . .It's been a long night. . ." Brianna trailed off, the poor girl's voice trembling as the young woman tried to force herself to keep her cool.

"Yeah, it's been a long night," the drunken man replied, "but it's about to be even longer if you don't come inside with me and have a drink, if you know what I mean." He held the gun closer to her, glaring at her intensely as he made sure to take the woman's car keys away. He was fully prepared to shoot the woman if she turned him down again. Liam thought this scene was completely idiotic. The man didn't even have a good reason to shoot her. He had most definitely seen better gunfights before.

Taking a step forward, Liam moved with stealth. He quickly wrapped his arms around the man, wrestling with his arms. "Stand down," Liam commanded the man, trying to take the gun away. The man grunted furiously.

"Who the heck are you? Let go of me right this instant!" the man managed to get his finger around the trigger, preparing to shoot. When the rude man made a move to shoot, however, Liam twisted his wrist and made him point the gun down. The gun went off without a boom, but thanks to Liam's handling, he had shot himself in his own foot.

The man cried in horror, dropping the gun and grabbing hold of his foot. His lips were alive with colorful language, but thanks to his fresh injury, he was rendered useless. The drunk fell to the ground, squirming in pain.

Liam looked to the woman with a blank expression on his face at first, examining her. He said nothing, reaching down to pick up the stolen car keys that the man had dropped along with the gun. "Here," he said, offering them to the woman. " I believe these belong to you."

The young woman was about to reply, but before Brianna could say anything, it was then that Liam decided to intervene, the girl watching with wide emerald eyes as the scene unfolded before her, the girl's face pale as the shot went off, making Brianna jump even though the shiny silver pistol obviously had a silencer on the barrel.

Her hands went over her mouth as the girl watched Liam manage to get himself shot in the foot as he wrestled with the drunkard, and Brianna stared at her rescuer as Liam handed over her stolen car keys that the drunk had taken from her after she had fished them out of her purse. The girl tried to say thank you, but all that came out was a rather pitiful frightened squeak.

Brianna's brain suddenly kicked in, and the girl fished out her smartphone, her hands and fingers trembling. "I need to call 911." The girl muttered, her voice just as trembling as her hands were, the girl's heart pounding hard in her chest.

Liam tilted his head when the woman took her keys, wondering why she looked more panicked than grateful that he had just saved her life. That's when he glanced down, realizing he had shot himself in the foot. The night calamity knew he would bleed for a little while, but the gunshot had done very little damage to him. It was equal to the amount of damage a scraped knee would've done to a human. The dark haired male had advanced healing and strength, so he had almost forgotten a human would worry about those injuries. That's why the woman was looking at him with so much shock in her eyes.

When the startled woman finally managed to speak, she mentioned calling 911. Liam wrinkled his nose at the thought. He hated that pesky number. Whenever people called it someone always came to stop the interesting events surrounding a situation that created food for him. He had to think up something quick. He didn't want her to make that call.

"You look scared," he said, pretending to limp on his foot and grunt in pain. "I think we should wait to make the call. Could you bring me to the hospital? Then from there, where it's safe and far away from this man, you should call 911." If the man was left there a little longer without help, he would become more and more miserable, thus creating more food for Liam later. He didn't want the man to get help so soon.

This man wanted to wait for her to call for the ambulance? Brianna swallowed hard, her heart hammering in her chest as her emerald eyes turned to the drunken and wounded man lying in obvious pain on the ground, the young woman's cell phone still armed in her hands as she stood there, her face pale as a ghost.

"If...If that's what you want..." Brianna finally managed to say, opening the passenger side door for Liam and then getting in on the driver's side, her trembling hands fumbling a few times as Brianna finally managed to get her car started.

As the raven haired girl drove, the girl's eyes remained wide and in a panicked stated, her mind working furiously to think and her heart still beating rapidly in her chest. And wanting something to help soothe her nerves and pounding hear and rapid breathing, Brianna, turned on her stereo in her car, and instantly soft classical music began to play as Brianna pulled out onto the streets, the city lights bright under the darkened sky of night.

For about a mile all was quiet as Brianna concentrated on taking Liam to the hospital. But then, the woman glanced over at her passenger. "I...Thank you..." The woman muttered finally, her cheeks turning a bright red as Brianna finally was able to thank this man sitting next to her in her car for saving her life.

Keeping up his charade of the injury on his foot being worse than it was, Liam limped toward her car. He was lucky the woman was so nervous and stressed over the situation that she wasn't thinking clear enough to call an ambulance right away. She was so stressed, in fact, that she was actually starting to give off a little bit of misery herself. The night calamity's mouth watered from the smell. He was tempted to take a taste of it from her, but decided against it so that he wouldn't alarm her.

Grabbing the door handle of the car, Liam opened it and climbed inside. He wasn't really fond of cars, but he could handle riding in one. He didn't know how to drive one though, and didn't care to learn either. He watched at the woman went to turn on some music in the car, almost dreading that it would be rock or one of the other modern stations that played such sorry excuses for music. He was relieved, however, when he heard soft, classical music drift from the speakers of the car. Definitely a better choice than most would've picked.

Liam turned to look at the woman when she thanked him. "No problem," he said, watching her start to drive off. "He looked like he was giving you trouble. I didn't want to see that happen." He paused and turned to look out the window. "I don't blame you for being upset, but it's okay now. Why don't you tell me your name?" he asked, still thinking over his plan to return back to the man once he dropped her off at the hospital.

"Um...Brianna..." The woman told him as the raven haired girl made a right turn, driving a little ways before they got stuck on a red traffic light. "Yours?" While they were currently stopped, the woman peeked over at him, but then, the red light turned red and they were off again.

And as the young adult continued to drive, the girl wondered of the drunken man, but then decided to push the thought of him out of her mind, at least for now. After all, the man had threatened her with shooting her if Brianna didn't do what he wanted, and inwardly, the woman shuddered, the girl's face still a bit pale and a traumatized look in her emerald eyes.

The hypnotic sound of the vehicle humming almost distracted Liam from replying. He watched the lights from other vehicles with interest until he realized the woman had told him her name. "The name is Liam," he replied, unsure what else to say to her. No other conversation topics could come to mind when he was distracted by how her aura was becoming progressively more miserable. He swallowed, hoping his stomach wouldn't start growling. He tried to turn his thoughts to the meal he would have waiting for him later from the man who had been shot.

The man he left in the parking lot was going to make a great meal, but there was still a downside. Once Liam ate, someone would help that drunkard or possibly arrest him for harassing Brianna. Then, as always, Liam would have to find someone else. He hated having to live day to day for food, waiting for another person to become miserable. Sure, misery was usually all around him, but he couldn't always find someone stationary to feed on. It was a lot of work doing that. Couldn't he find an easier way?

Realizing he hadn't spoken to Briana in a while, he glanced back over to her. "Sorry, I'm not much for conversation. I hope you're all right though, and that man didn't hurt you." He paused, taking in the sound of her music once more. "I like your music," he said, returning his gaze to his window.

(( I'm thinking Liam will realize he wants to kidnap her when they get to the hospital parking lot. Should I just have him knock her out and take her to where he plans to keep her? Or do you want the two of them to have a little struggle before he does? ))

(How about a bit of a struggle, just to make things more interesting?)

"Oh, It's alright. But no, I'm fine...Thanks to you of course." Brianna gave the man a shy smile as they stopped at another stoplight. "I've always liked classical music. It's soothing." The woman explained, the girl's cheek turning a rosy red as Brianna blushed. "But um, the hospital is just up ahead." Brianna said next, glancing over at Liam before returning her eyes to the road.

And indeed, another few minutes of driving and Brianna found them a parking lot right up front, not knowing that Liam was faking the injury to be worse then it was as the woman climbed out of the car, her hands still a bit trembling as the girl locked her car with a click of her keys and and echoing beep.

Still, Brianna was glad to be away from the bar, but the woman couldn't help but wonder about the drunkard that had threatened her, again forcing herself to push the thoughts of the man from her mind, even though Brianna was feeling very uneasy about this all.

(( All right, that sounds good. ^_^ ))

Liam nodded. "Yeah, I agree; classical music is soothing. Not that soothing is always a good thing." If people were always soothed and content, there would be nobody miserable enough to gain food from. The night calamity shifted uncomfortably in his seat at the thought. For some reason, no matter how hard he tried, Liam just couldn't get the thought of food off his mind. He felt himself grow hungrier and hungrier and before he knew it, Brianna was pulling into the hospital parking lot.

The lighting was dim in the parking lot; very few lights kept it lit. One of the lights even blinked on and off for a moment, before finally fading out completely. It was dark, barely any other cars were around, and Liam felt stifled by his hunger. Brianna was very uncomfortable, and Liam just about wanted to succumb to his ravenous hungry and just pin her down to the ground. He side glanced to her, finally deciding to give in to the hunger.

"Could you come over to this side of the car and help me out? My foot is killing me," he said to Brianna, his voice becoming a little lower, darker almost. He wanted to lure her to his side of the car and surprise her. Just a nibble of her misery couldn't hurt. After all, he probably wouldn't see this woman again after he was done here.

"Sure." Agreed the raven haired girl, and slinging her purse over her shoulder after putting away her car keys in their designated pocket, the woman walked around her car and over to Liam, unaware of the man's intentions and that the man was really a Night Calamity. But then, Brianna had never been one for superstitions and all that. The woman didn't believe in ghosts either.

Figuring Liam needed help to walk with that injured foot of his, the woman shyly slung the man's right arm carefully over her shoulders, waiting for her rescuer to take the first steps as she did.

When Brianna agreed to help Liam, he watched her with hungry eyes. "Come closer, just a little closer," he repeated in his head, waiting as the raven haired woman made her way over to him and offered her assistance. It took all the willpower he had in his body to hold himself back from tackling her to the ground as she came over and took his arm to put around her shoulder, but he managed. He wanted to wait for just the right opportunity to strike. Liam's eyes scanned her as we waited, widening as he discovered the right moment. Brianna looked down at his feet, waiting for him to take a step.

The moment her eyes were off him the night calamity lunged to tackle her to the ground. He grabbed her arms and moved his grip to her wrists. He intended to fight with her until she was out of energy and had given up. Liam didn't actually want to resort to hurting her to make her surrender. However, everything he did would depend entirely on how much fight the woman decided to put up. He badly wanted a meal from her.

There was a yell from the young woman when her rescuer suddenly tackled her as if he were playing football. Brianna's emerald eyes grew wide with surprise, and there was a grunt from the woman as Liam pinned her down, the woman's heart pounding quite fast in her chest, as if it were going to explode any second from the tight space.

"What are you doing?!? Let me go!" Brianna shouted, lifting her arms and trying to free herself from Liam's grip, the woman clearly frightened and confused as to what was going on, the woman clearly not knowing what her rescuer really was...

The night calamity chuckled when she screamed. "Quiet down now, screaming will get you nowhere. I assure you that. I promise what I'm going to do won't hurt you." The raven haired woman probably felt violated by Liam on top of her, but he didn't care. He wrestled with her arms and hands, trying to keep them pinned to the ground. He was strong enough to do so, but either his hands or her hands were sweaty--he couldn't tell which--causing his grip on her to slip. He felt one of her hands escape his grip and shove against his face. How careless of him. Liam knew he shouldn't have lost his grip like that. "Don't try to escape," he added, "just stop struggling."

"Please - No! Let me go!" The girl demanded, feeling the other man's weight keeping her pinned to the ground on top of her, as Brianna continued to struggle, not understanding what was happening except that she was suddenly finding herself pinned to the ground by the man she had thought was her rescuer.

"Please!" Now though, instead of misery and woe, the girl was feeling fear, the woman's heart pounding madly in her chest as the girl tried to escape, obviously not listening to Liam when he told her to not try and escape and to stop struggling.

Brow furrowing in frustration, Liam continued to struggle with Brianna. "You're a stubborn one," he muttered under his breath, trying to rein in her wild, squirming appendages. As he fought with her, he began to notice her level of misery was slowly being replaced with a higher level of fear. He gasped, panicking inwardly when his food began to disappear before him. He felt like a dog who had just had a steak dangled in front of him, only for it to be ripped away.

"W-Where did it go?" he said, not caring that Brianna wouldn't know he was talking about his food. Irritated, he elbowed her in the collarbone, though not with enough pressure to hurt her. Afterwards, Liam slowly loosened his hold on her. He was tempted to give up. What use was she to him if she couldn't give him any food? He thought for a good long moment about it. Maybe... he should take her somewhere to make her more miserable?

"Let...go...!" The girl demanded again, her body hot and slightly sweaty from her efforts of struggling, trying to get away from the man that she had thought to be her rescuer. Where did what go? Nothing had gone. Except for maybe Liam's mind. Brianna thought bitterly, though right now, the woman really was in no mood to find out what he meant, instead still intent on trying to get away from him. "Please!" The woman pleaded again, letting out a huff of breath, knowing that if she surrendered for even a millisecond, it would give Liam, if that was even his real name, a chance to win.

Liam remained in thought, losing his focus on the squirming woman who was actually starting to weasel her way out of his grasp thanks to his hold on her slowly loosening. The only way he figured he could make her more miserable was if he brought her to a place against her will and forced her to stay. Humans tended to be miserable in situations such as those, he remembered. Still, there were problems when it came to actually kidnapping a human for food. If she had people who wanted her back, others would come looking for her. If law enforcement came after him, Liam knew he could escape, but then he would blow his cover and have to find a new town to live in. Again.

With these thoughts in motion in his head, Liam completely let Briana slip to the point that she could actually escape from him if she wanted. Liam wasn't worried though. Even if the raven haired woman escaped him, catching her again wouldn't be difficult. He was the spider and she was the fly. It was only a matter of time before she would be caught in his web.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gratefully, the woman scrambled out from under him, and, in a frightened panic, the woman clambered into her vehicle and managed to drive off, a bit with squealing tires, leaving Liam alone in the hospital's parking lot.

~*~

When home, wanting to calm down, Brianna headed to the bathroom and filled the tub with warm water, her fingers and hands trembling as she waited for the tub to fill, and turned off the water once it was full and got undressed before stepping into the tub, lowering her body down into the water, having had quite the night.

Shaken from his thoughts, Liam flinched at the sound of the woman's squealing tires as she fled the area. The night calamity scowled and stood up, balling his fist before waving it in the direction she had gone. He more blamed himself than he did her. He was the one who had gotten lost in thought and loosening his grip on her enough so she could escape. Despite the slip-up, however, the night calamity knew this wasn't the end. No, this wouldn't be the last time she would see Liam...

A couple hours later--after Liam had returned to the drunk man lying in the parking lot to have a small meal--the night calamity found himself wandering toward Brianna's apartment. He watched her leave work everyday when he was hunting for food, so he knew exactly where to go. Stealthy and silent, Liam picked the door to her apartment and went inside. Craving a little entertainment, he decided to mess with her a little. While she took a bath, he flicked her television on and hid in a closet. Grinning to himself, Liam hoped he could freak her out.

Having just reached for her shampoo, the woman paused when the woman began to hear voices, then realized that it was her TV that had somehow turned on. Brianna frowned but grabbed the shampoo and squirted a glob of it in her hands before putting it back, lathering up her palms and fingers before soaping up her hair, figuring that maybe her TV had just glitched somehow and turned on...

Once done with her bath, the woman dried off and dressed in some silky cozy pajamas and, with a slight frown, turned off her TV set before heading into the kitchen, not realizing that Liam, the woman's "rescuer" from the bar, had snuck into her home and was now proceeding to play some mind games with her.

From inside the closet, Liam was displeased to find Brianna hadn't been alarmed in the slightest about the television turning on. He would have to try something else to startle her. Looking around the floor of the closet for something interesting to help him with his task, Liam decided on a sporty tennis shoe. Opening the closet door just a crack, Liam chucked the shoe into the edge of the kitchen. The sound of it hitting the linoleum floor was no more than a soft thud. He could've thrown it harder so the impact would've made a louder sound, but Liam wanted to start off slow for now and she how she reacted. He hid in the very back of the closet--so he couldn't be seen--waiting for her reaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back