• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Colosseum 1v1 Spar! :)

KurtH6355 said:
I wanna fight a dude! Medieval Dueling sounds awesome!
(Moved this over to the OOC so we didn't end up clogging the IC thread in case we started a fight there too xD )

Hey, I wouldn't mind taking you on, mate. I'm always down for a good fight, think you're up for it? I'm pretty descriptive and I love making characters for any occasion, you can set the time and the place and I'll be there :3 For a sample of my writing style and detail, I put a character here in the sign-up thread, check him out and let me know if that's the kind of thing you had in mind.

I'm not detailed in character creation but I have been doing what I call Post-4-Post Combat RP for years, mostly boxing and gunplay, but I think I can pull of Medieval Dueling. I was crowned king of P4P on PS Home after a series of tournaments involving high level P4Pers.

Well, what exactly is P4P? does that just mean going back and forth with responses until someone is crowned the victor? I mean, is there some kind of chance/dice/score/points system you work off of or is it just freeform until you admit defeat and let yourself die?

However, I don't really enjoy unrealistic roleplays involving demonic or supernatural entities such as the character you provided. I had a scenario for a knight-on-knight duel, involving a battle during the Hundred Years War. During the Battle of Sluys, a very small boat with a man named Knight Guy VI flew the British Flag, with six men at arms, a small group of sailors, and the knight himself onboard. It was then boarded by a similar ship which had a French knight by the name of your choice, who slaughtered the six men at arms and any sailor who took arms against him, leaving just the English and French knight to duel aboard the small ship.

And, yes, P4P revolves around freeform until you die, and usually if two fighters are prone to arguing about it, there's a referee who will sometimes decide if there is connection. It revolves around accepting hits.

Ah, see, here's where you and I differ. I much prefer fantasy settings, though not always magical in nature, since historical combat always devolves into matches of "This armour was made this way and is superior to this weapon as shown in this battle..." and on and on, essentially turning into a pissing match of who knows historical trivia better. I understand having a referee, however I don't know if it'll be necessary, I know when to take a hit and when I've been beaten, so as long as it's balanced, we should be alright. I'll be honest, I know almost nothing about the knights of medieval Europe, so I would be sorely at a disadvantage, and I'd hate to ruin the fun of a freeform duel with having to back up a character with tons of research on what is historically accurate for the nationality, era, and location. :/

KurtH6355 said:
Hm. Shame.
Indeed, though if you'd prefer to dispense with the historical details and simply have a duel set in a medieval era of unspecified origin, I'd gladly take it up, I'd just rather not bog down a character with superfluous details that would get in the way of freeform matches. No supernatural powers, no historical limitations, just simply pitting one warrior against another and playing it out for fun.

Well, to keep down historical limitations and such,

A pugilistic battle in the pits of the Roman Empire. See, the Roman Empire had the coliseums, the lesser arenas, street venues, and the underground pits, where petty slavers pit their slaves against one another, usually with cheap weapons. In this specific fight, one of us would be armed with a knife, the other unarmed. The fight would revolve around contesting one another for the knife, as the fight would have to end in death. If you see this as unfair, the knife can be thrown in to the contestant who lands the first blow.

Well, sure, I guess we can do that. I don't see the point of being unarmed and fighting over a knife, that wouldn't make for a very exciting gladiator duel for the crowds if you ask me, but if you want, I'll let you start with the knife, I think I can handle myself fairly well without it at first. One needst no blade when one's body is thine weapon.

The Pits would only use legitimate weapons for gladiators with experience. Otherwise, they made them scrap over weaponry like dogs, or just go at it with fists and force another to beat the other to death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back