• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 1812: The Patriotic War - Russian Court

Braddington

Based... based on what?
800px-Ball_at_20s_by_Kardovsky.jpg

The Imperial Court - 31st of December 1811

The annual new years ball at the Winter Palace in St Petersburg was always a spectacle with every noble and military officer of standing attending the event which costs the Tsar a veritable fortune. The feeling in the air was rather different that day, the court knew that relations were deterioraing with France and not a single conversation didn't start with "Did you hear about Napoleon?" or "Is the army ready for war?" Still the ball carried on as it always had done, it didn't stop when Russia was actually at war and it wasn't going to stop at the mere threat of one. The nobles all looked their best with a new fashion always ruling each year whilst the Generals looked on with stern faces not used to these types of events.

It was at the turn of midnight almost to the exact second that the Tsar emerged from his private area of the palace and addressed the assembled crowds as was tradition

"My Lords, Ladies and Genetlmen I welcome you all to the Winter Palace and wish you all a happy New Year. We have faced many challenges this past year from the continued reforms of the status of serfs and the continuation of Peter the Great's works to army reform and the shuffling of the General Staff. Now we did good work but that must continue for many years ahead, prosperity will be ours and the world's future is Russia and so with that I open up the dance floor and wish you all a good evening."

There was the customary round of applause that would take place even if the Tsar had just shot someone in the crowd but many were confused, there was not a single mention of Napoleon the entire speech or even of France. The ball continued regardless and the Tsar went to attend to various powerful men and women.
Pat Pat Emi Nebulas Emi Nebulas High Moon High Moon SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful s u n s u n

(Lets get this stared shall we?)

Last edited:

Emilia Romanov pursed her lips, scanning the place. These balls are always so boring! she thought, blankly looking around.

"My Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen I welcome you all to the Winter Palace and wish you all a happy New Year. We have faced many challenges this past year from the continued reforms of the status of serfs and the continuation of Peter the Great's works to army reform and the shuffling of the General Staff. Now we did good work but that must continue for many years ahead, prosperity will be ours and the world's future is Russia and so with that I open up the dance floor and wish you all a good evening."

With that, her brother, The Tsar, left to attend various powerful guests.

Emilia groaned, tapping her foot lightly on the solid ground.

"Excuse me, Princess Emilia?" She turned around and noticed a very handsome man, holding his hand up. "Would you like to dance with me?"

Emilia blinked. "No," she replied, and walking away. Once she was away from the male, she sighed again, crossing her arms. Can't I have a bit of fun? This is so boring!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back