• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Commission (18+ irl, no NSFW/Underage OCs) $10 (pencil), $20 (inked) drawings (no color, mild shading or not)

TheOtherGuy

Atlantis: The Lost Empire is underrated.
Hey folks, below you can see an example of my art. It's nothing too crazy, but if you're interested, feel free to leave a comment giving a general idea of your character, and I'll go ahead and pick the first one or two and then draw em for a price. Time for one drawing will be a couple days give or take (If you'd like a more specific amount of time we can discuss that too), so if you were the second person that would be 4 days give or take from when I started. Please no NSFW or underage characters, and please be 18+ irl. I know that last rule is a bit odd, but I just feel more comfortable knowing that I'm drawing an OC for someone who is of age, to be careful and all. Thanks for reading!

(Examples below)

oc.png 002.jpg

Last edited:
Disclaimer: I am not asking for a commission I'm just sticking my big nose in here.

I mean if you're worried about legalities I'm sure The Dark Wizard The Dark Wizard would be willing to address any issues that may arise by doing something like this.

From what I've been told by staff this isn't a merchant site, and as such most if not all commissions (such as character sheets, poetry, etc.) are freely given due to this being a creativity and community based site.

However my own personal note on this sort of post is that if you're going to advertise your services it may be a good idea to post any works that have already been commissioned and any reviews that people have given you. I think a post like this would be more suited for an art dump sort of thing where you could offer your services and a link to your own personal art site or profile like... through deviantart. And just tell people that you're open for commissions~!

If you host your commissions on a site like DeviantArt I believe the whole commission legalities are covered in the terms of service/agreement that you have to sign off on before you can make an account. Any legal disputes about age would sort of be covered already. Whereas on a site like this... it doesn't really have that level of safety.

Anyways! Just a suggestions :) I really like the one on the left is it a OC for a particular franchise like resident evil or something? TheOtherGuy TheOtherGuy

Disclaimer: I am not asking for a commission I'm just sticking my big nose in here.

I mean if you're worried about legalities I'm sure The Dark Wizard The Dark Wizard would be willing to address any issues that may arise by doing something like this.

From what I've been told by staff this isn't a merchant site, and as such most if not all commissions (such as character sheets, poetry, etc.) are freely given due to this being a creativity and community based site.

However my own personal note on this sort of post is that if you're going to advertise your services it may be a good idea to post any works that have already been commissioned and any reviews that people have given you. I think a post like this would be more suited for an art dump sort of thing where you could offer your services and a link to your own personal art site or profile like... through deviantart. And just tell people that you're open for commissions~!

If you host your commissions on a site like DeviantArt I believe the whole commission legalities are covered in the terms of service/agreement that you have to sign off on before you can make an account. Any legal disputes about age would sort of be covered already. Whereas on a site like this... it doesn't really have that level of safety.

Anyways! Just a suggestions :) I really like the one on the left is it a OC for a particular franchise like resident evil or something? TheOtherGuy TheOtherGuy

Users are allowed to post commissions for money :). Its one of the rules of the creativity section. We just are not responsible for payments or anything.

Users are allowed to post commissions for money :). Its one of the rules of the creativity section. We just are not responsible for payments or anything.
Ah okay! Are there actually any legalities that could fall on RPN for something like that? I was suggesting deviantart because it's already got those safety measures in place The Dark Wizard The Dark Wizard

Mx.Trinity Mx.Trinity Thank you anyways for the advice. The problem with posting past commissions, however, is that I've never actually done paid ones before. But, hmm, I should probably give DeviantArt a shot if I want to advertise commissions. This is also admittedly the first time I'm hearing about that site's commissions legalities system, so thanks for that. Is DeviantArt the main hub for that sorta stuff?

Oh the pic on the left? Nah, it's just a friend's OC.

Mx.Trinity Mx.Trinity Thank you anyways for the advice. The problem with posting past commissions, however, is that I've never actually done paid ones before. But, hmm, I should probably give DeviantArt a shot if I want to advertise commissions. This is also admittedly the first time I'm hearing about that site's commissions legalities system, so thanks for that. Is DeviantArt the main hub for that sorta stuff?

Oh the pic on the left? Nah, it's just a friend's OC.
Sorry for the delayed response! Also don't take my word for Deviantart's terms of services, that would be something that you'd want to take a look at yourself. Although I see a LOT of commissions on the site so it's hard to believe there isn't something in place for it. You can also sell prints on the site as well. I think having a DeviantArt is important for any aspiring artist, it gives you a social media platform to share, quite specifically, anything that you submit. If you're looking for employment later in life regarding something art related having a site that directly links to your portfolio is a plus. Same thing if you're looking for clients, just thought I'd throw out some helpful information. I wish you luck with your commissions just don't get discouraged if you don't receive a lot of feedback. DeviantArt is a social media site, and as such you have to socialize and be active in the community to pull attention to your work, so if you don't instantly get requests it's most likely not you. You just need to catch the attention of 1 person that enjoys your art, and try to post semi-frequently rather that be actual art, journals, etc. It's almost like taking on a second job to start getting your art noticed. :) I hope some of that helps.

Last edited:
While dA is a decent platform for artists, their commission widget leaves much to be desired. You are forced to only accept payments of dA points (their own currency) and they take a 20% cut of any commission set up this way through the feature. Then you would have to have X amount of points that you would then be allowed to convert it into actual currency and get sent a check.

If you do start commissions, stick to just promoting it on the site, but do not use its commission system, just use payment systems like paypal. Also, due to the recent changes to the site and other things (such as a massive layoff of their community relations staff) the more skilled artists these days have moved to sites like artstation as dA no longer gives a damn pretty much. :\

While dA is a decent platform for artists, their commission widget leaves much to be desired. You are forced to only accept payments of dA points (their own currency) and they take a 20% cut of any commission set up this way through the feature. Then you would have to have X amount of points that you would then be allowed to convert it into actual currency and get sent a check.

If you do start commissions, stick to just promoting it on the site, but do not use its commission system, just use payment systems like paypal. Also, due to the recent changes to the site and other things (such as a massive layoff of their community relations staff) the more skilled artists these days have moved to sites like artstation as dA no longer gives a damn pretty much. :\
Some of this is helpful information but the last bit is more confusing than anything. How don't they give a damn? What is there to give a damn about?

Some of this is helpful information but the last bit is more confusing than anything. How don't they give a damn? What is there to give a damn about?
Basically, if someone were to steal his artwork, the chances of dA actually doing anything are very slim these days. I once had a report pending for 2 years with the result of "oh well" from the staff. Any reported bugs or issues tends to be dismissed these days as well, they constantly do stealth updates that upset the community (groups suffered massively recently), etc. Like, their chatrooms have been broken since they were released, lol. Many artists also tend to get scammed when doing commissions there as well unfortunately and dA will only interfere if the commission widget was used. But, this is getting off the topic of this member's commissions. X3

Your art is lovely btw TheOtherGuy TheOtherGuy

Basically, if someone were to steal his artwork, the chances of dA actually doing anything are very slim these days. I once had a report pending for 2 years with the result of "oh well" from the staff. Any reported bugs or issues tends to be dismissed these days as well, they constantly do stealth updates that upset the community (groups suffered massively recently), etc. Like, their chatrooms have been broken since they were released, lol. Many artists also tend to get scammed when doing commissions there as well unfortunately and dA will only interfere if the commission widget was used. But, this is getting off the topic of this member's commissions. X3

Your art is lovely btw TheOtherGuy TheOtherGuy
I had no idea, that's a lot of useful information. Still it's a nice place to create a portfolio. Custom watermarks are an easy way to detour thieves, but you're right back to the topic at hand!

Dang, is DeviantArt that widely known for those kinds of issues? If so I might steer clear of it in the case of selling commissions.

And thank you for the compliments, though the art is admittedly nothing too crazy. I don't think I'm terrible, but I still have a ways to go. Improving one's skills a day at a time, eh?

Dang, is DeviantArt that widely known for those kinds of issues? If so I might steer clear of it in the case of selling commissions.

And thank you for the compliments, though the art is admittedly nothing too crazy. I don't think I'm terrible, but I still have a ways to go. Improving one's skills a day at a time, eh?
These days, dA is known for having tons of issues (they fired 50% of their staff in 2015) because they no longer have the workforce they had before. While it's still a large "art" site, the points system really screwed up commissions for many lesser known artists.

And your art is better than what I can do and is also an interesting style. :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back