• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern γ€π•‹π•™π•– π•Šπ•¦π•Ÿπ•€π•–π•₯ ℂ𝕝𝕦𝕓】- Characters

OOC
Here
Other
Here

Pandaskel

Stock Image
Note on acceptance:

My goal is for everyone who signs up to get accepted. As such, acceptance/rejection will happen like this: if you are accepted, you will be notified through this thread. If you are rejected, you will be notified through a PM. Upon rejection, I will give specific tips and changes that you can make to your character to get accepted. In other words, this game may challenge you as a writer, not an RPer, so if you really love your muse and don't want to write anyone other than them, this is your hint to find a game more suitable to your preferences. Despite the challenge, I do want everyone to have fun!

Note on acceptance difficulty:

There are things you can do right now to make your chances of being accepted more likely. Below is a list of features that will make it harder for your character to be accepted. Now, I don't mean impossible; your chara could meet every single item on the list but still be fleshed out enough and have enough story potential for me to accept. At the end of the day, that's what I'm looking for. So think of it less as "DO NOT DO THIS" and more as "You can do this, but be warned that it will make applying less like public state school and more like Ivy League in terms of your chances of getting in".

Without further adieu, the list:
- Characters younger than 25 (There are enough RPs out there for characters in that age range. Mind you, my guy, I'm 19. An RPer my age might not be comfortable stepping that far out, but a writer at least wants to try. Ya feel?) (Also note, a younger age can work to your advantage in terms of story arc. Perhaps a teenager with a terminal illness is even more dramatic and has even more potential for introspection than an adult. Make those considerations, challenge yourself to think deeply.)
- Characters who I've seen before (Pay attention to those who have submitted before you. If I've already seen three females who play the flute and wear Lululemon, consider not writing another female who plays the flute and wears Lululemon. Have her wear, like, Under Armour.)
- Characters who are hot (I'll be more likely to accept a character that uses Jack Ma as a faceclaim than I will be to accept a chara that uses Chris Hemsworth. How many Chris Hemsworths do you actually see walking about on a daily basis? As with the age range, there are enough RPs out there for attractive Riverdale 20 year olds playing high schoolers, you can pick one and have tons of fun. But this isn't one of them.)
- Sheets that include the phrase "fiercely protective of those s/he cares about" or really any other cliche (Don't give me a cardboard cutout, dawg. If I feel like I've seen your exact sheet a million times in other RPs, you might not get in.)
- Characters who aren't people (I need to be able to picture this person in my mind's eye, guy. Give me flaws, give me depth, give me realism!)
- Sheets that are too long (Quality, not quantity. Make sure your content is substance, not fluff. Cut away the fat and give me something concise and well structured.)
- Sheets that are too short (Ever seen a shaved husky? It's still cute but it's...missing something.)
- Characters that are half-assed (If you can't tell already, this is an a d v a n c e d RP. Like playing Bop-It on Master mode. This is for people who want to challenge themselves as writers and craft a story together. Your six-packed daddy issue'd Teen Wolf OC that you copy-and-pasted from another game you're in might not make the cut.)

Note on roles

There are no official roles to this game. I have a list of unofficial roles that function more as suggestions and inspiration fodder. They kind of serve as examples of the plots and arcs I'm looking for. You can definitely use one, run with it, and build your character around it, that's totally cool with me. Just remember the second item on the list above. Otherwise, just use them as ideas to rocket jump off of.

Unofficial Roles:
-The Short-Lived: a person diagnosed with a terminal illness
-The Felon: a newly released ex-prisoner
-The DivorcΓ©e: a person going through a messy divorce
-The Politician: an ex-police officer turned town mayor
-The Artist: a playwright struggling to make ends meet
-The Foreigner: an immigrant in a new land
-The Newly Sober: an addict trying to sober up

Note on sheets

The sheet below consists of the only requirements I have. Anything else you want to add (faceclaim, personality, etc.) is up to your discretion. Do what feels right to you~

Name:
Goals:

Leah Grimley
AgreeableEmbellishedGrouse-size_restricted.gif
Name: Leah Kathryn Grimley
Face Claim: Katie McGrath

Current Life Circumstances: Albeit Leah attempts to create an impression that she is you typical and mediocre woman, she really knows that everybody else is doing the same and concealing their own secrets. Only a fortnight ago she aborted her child due to finding out that her ex-boyfriend has cheated with two other women, which has left her in a state of rumination and brooding. Every morning and every night was draining more of her energy and enthusiasm to live, and it's especially difficult while handling a job as a biology teacher at a local secondary school and having to explain the stages of abortion to a bunch of youths who don't yet understand the emotions behind it.

She also has struggled with bulimia since she was 21, and recently has been relapsing into a worse state. She would go from several days of fasting to several days of mass food consumption, which is obviously very tiring and stressful on the mind. Having to constantly think about food and how much she consumes each day often takes control of her life and her personality, and finds herself pushing her friends and support away followed by weeks of regret over what she did.

Personality: Generally your sweetheart, occasionally a misanthrope. She may offer her usual hearty smile and an amiable "Good morning!" one day, and completely disregard you the next. It's not her intention to be so full of mood swings, anyways. Leah always tries to divert conversations away from herself, and make others the focal point, believing that everyone else will always be of more interest and intrigue than herself.

She is quite tender and warmhearted at soul, but after the disloyalty from her ex and the decision of abortion she has mostly shut herself off from deep friendships and love. She believes she will never be able to stand on the same two feet if it happened again.

Biography: Leah Grimley is the only daughter of Fiora and Benjamin Grimley, and her childhood was filled to the brim with much love and affection from the parents. She had the opportunity to visit many countries such as the likes of France to Egypt, and picked up many souvenirs along the way. To this day, she still keeps these as a keepsake and reminder of her good memories in her youth. Her grades weren't the best and often failed quite a few classes, but she found herself taking a liking towards the sciences and in particular biology.

Things started to steer the other direction when she entered her last year on a biology degree in university. Her father had passed away unexpectedly from a fatal heart attack, and her mother tearfully gave Leah the grave news in a long phone call. Fiora now also lacked the funds to continue supporting her daughter's studies, and Leah had to juggle between university and two part time jobs at two different supermarkets. She rarely had time to comfort herself and just relax in her bed like her peers, but instead sought comfort from food. She would lose control one day and gorge on everything that makes the chemicals in her brain insane, and then not allow herself to eat anything the next day. This problem became more prevalent as the year passed on, and was diagnosed with bulimia on the day of her graduation.

As of the moment, she is a biology teacher at Westwind Academy and lives alone in a stable apartment close by.

Goals: To spend time on recovering from bulimia and trying to harvest back the friendships and opportunities she missed because of it. She would often ponder about what it would be like to have a better relationship with food, and being able to enjoy it in public and with friends.
lena-luthor-supergirl-1038702.jpg

15.png

"You don't have to believe me, but I am sorry if I hurt you."

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:

Name: Richard Moore
Height: 5'9
Weight: 154 lbs

Current Life Circumstances

Deemed too far gone by his wife, Richard finds release through the ecstasy of drink - the tool that ruined his marriage in the first place. Drinking more heavily now than ever before, Richard relies on the company of strangers for rehabilitation. Trying to find his place in society, he burdens those around him with his inner turmoil - furthering himself from the truth. When sober, Richard mourns the broken relationship with his daughter - a thirteen year old wanting nothing to do with her deadbeat drunken dad.

Despite his seemingly broken livelihood, Richard is not oblivious to the pleasures of life. Through struggles and tribulations, Richard’s become keen to the little joys that most oversee - a clean apartment, friends playing outdoors, social gatherings, etc. Grateful to still have a grip of these senses, Richard sees a light at the end of the tunnel - wishing to prove to everyone (primarily his daughter) that he can be the man he once was.

Goals

Seeking redemption, Richard tries to sober up - removing the poison he once believed an antidote. He wishes to rebuild his relationship with his daughter - getting the opportunity to be a pet of her life once again. He’s not fool enough to believe the road will be easy, but he’s known struggle and how to maneuver through its waters. Like they say, β€œwhen you hit rock bottom, you have nowhere to go but up.”

Additional Information

Richard's living conditions are anything but envious. He's been stationed at a fellow drunkard's apartment for the last six months - his only real friend. Basking in a poisonous household, Richard relapses from his hard work every weekend. He can't find the strength to say no, especially when tempted by those around him. His drinking is similar to people trying to lose weight, he doesn't have the mental strength to get over the hurdle of binging. When he feels as though he's got a grip of it, he falls down even harder than before - restarting the cycle once again.

Last edited:

Dean Williams
ezgif-3-885c7e152d4b.gif

"Watch your steps, you could hurt yourself."

Basic Info

37 y/o

178 cm tall(5'10"), fit, mesomorph, a tattoo under his left collarbone written "Deadman walking" and a tattoo of a skull on his left shoulder with lines running from his left shoulder down to his left arm.

current life circumstances

After staying clean for almost two years, Dean had been trying to get his life back on the road. With tons of money he had yet to spent, the male decided to open up a few pubs and gave jobs to those who had just gotten out of prison and would like to start anew. It wasn't until he found out that the thugs were back out on the streets and it happens that they all want his head due to his involvement with the crimes of shutting down their crimes by manipulating almost every known criminal on the top of the food chain and not getting much jail time for it.

With that coming into consideration, Dean had to choose whether to go back to his old vigilante ways or to let the police handle it for him in order to stay as a law-abiding citizen.

Still consumed by his dark past, the male had recurring nightmares that led him to believe that he was still the man he used to be, a person who threatened, and manipulate those who he saw unfit for society when he simply didn't have the right to do so. Even with the booze and the cigarettes he had gone through, it didn't help his condition one bit as it used too when he was younger.

Not only that, the male also had been trying to reach out to people since he didn't have anyone that he could trust and turn to when he felt lost or in need of advice and comfort. One cop that he had been going back and forth as he was the oe who handled Dean's case and the one who is also aware of his true identity. They weren't exactly friends at the time being as how hard Dean tried to conceal the matters that had yet to be solved.

Goals

β€’ To somehow make peace with his past and move on without it coming back to him and remove that old identity of himself along with the nightmares that didn't let up.

β€’ To get himself out there with people after isolating himself for so long.

β€’ Fixing his friendship with the detective that had tried to help him even though Dean never asked for it.

β€’ To stop hanging onto the booze and cigarettes that acted more as painkillers than medicine to him for years.
History (warning : It's long)

The Beginning

Dean was born and raised in a small town at the countryside that had no name whatsoever. At the time he was named as Nolan Powell, before he changed it when he got out of jail later in his early thirties. As a child, Dean had always been a friendly, funny kid and had befriended a few boys of his age. His parents weren't always in the picture, they always seemed so tired and never had the energy to provide him with affection and encouragement which quickly pushed him to become independent in an early age.

As time went on, Dean started to lose his friends as he spend most of his time doing chores that weren't even his to begin with. He was after all an only child at that family. This left him to spend more time inside his room which made him less and less outgoing. However he did have a close friend that really stuck with him ever since middle school. He wasn't a local and had a british accent. Alan Atwood was his name and they quickly became close friends ever since they met.

They would talk for hours and hours without running out of topics to talk about. Though Dean didn't really notice the importance of their friendship until he reached high school. It was a hard time for Dean as his parents were unable to pay off the needed bills and tuition for school. In order to prevent the family from being in debt, Dean decided to take on a part time job as a local mechanic and fixed his neighbor's cars for money.

This really took away his time to hangout with his close friend and to keep up with his studies in school. Which made him fail his grades. Alan was kind enough to stop by at his place whenever and help him with that while also catching up with him. Despite what life had throw on Dean, Alan was always there to brighten up his day which made him really grateful about everything.

Though there was one day that had left him to regret for years. After graduating High school, Dean continued to take his part time job as a full time job. Alan on the other hand had to pursue higher education back in his hometown in England which saddened Dean but wished him the best. It was hard to keep in contact since back in the day he had to send a letter overseas and the time that it took to get a reply was too long for him as everything back home just seemed so tiring and dull. He began to hate his job and to indulge himself on smoking and booze more than ever. He was just about to drown in his own thoughts that had piled up over the years. He started to forget about the letters and tried his best to focus on keeping himself alive.

One day, the day Alan turned nineteen, Dean was confronted by his parents about the pile of letters that had been filling up in the mailbox. Dean of course decided to empty the mailbox. To his surprise, the letters were all sent each day. The old letters were just Alan questioning his lack of communication but the recent were just filled with desperation as he told him that he was getting ill. Unfortunately, Alan had been diagnosed with brain cancer which had left Dean in shock when reading it.

Apparently, Alan had been stuck in the hospital for a month and his condition was worsening by the minute. And upon the latest letter sent to Dean, was filled with a request for Dean's presence at his side, this left Dean to buy a ticket for the flight to England as for the visa Alan's parents had taken care of it and he only need that ticket. The ticket costed a lot and he had paid it with every penny that he went to save in order to buy himself something that he wanted for years but it didn't matter.

When Dean eventually arrived at the hospital, he was able to find Alan's room. Though, he didn't make it in time. When he stepped into the room, he found Alan's parents both in tears as he stood there unaware of what had happened. He found Alan there, lying still on his bed with his eyes shut closed. He looked pale. The parents tried to tell the news that Alan had just passed away a moment ago but Dean didn't want to believe it. He went to call out to his friend and tried to wake him up. But as he received no response, he started getting really frustrated as he went to shook Alan's corpse, wishing that he would wake up just for a second. He was screaming on the top of his lungs yelling at the dead man.

Eventually, the hospital staff had to restrain him. As he felt upset and confused, he decided to get out of the room and sat in the waiting room. Not long after, Alan's parents approahed him and told him what Alan had said in his last breath along with a letter that he had just wrote earlier that was meant for Dean to read. Dean followed and read what was inside the letter, it didn't take long for him to eventually burst into tears and come to realization that he had never done anything for his friend and that when Alan needed him, he wasn't there at all. This made him bitter and left him to shut himself away from others as he though that he would never be able to forget that day and just move on knowing his faults.

The Blood On My Hands

Dean went on with his life and proceeded to go about with his job. Most of his days were a blur and nothing really occured much other than he didn't cut back on the booze and cigarettes. He was still young but he didn't had much interest on anything else but work and the stuff he consumed. Though there was one thing that he noticed, His neighborhood started to reek with the wrong kind of people. There were thugs on the streets and his new neighbors were comitting crimes (be it abusing their family members, being involved in drug rings, or human trafficking, etc.) Apparently the mayor decided to expand the town and surely enough every kind of people moved in here.

Every so often, Dean would witness this crimes and just watch the police not do much about it. Apparently, the townsfolk were too scared to report things that happened around town due to a certain criminal that had an ear on each corner of the streets making sure that everything was going well. This really bothered the young man and he decided to do something about it. His first kill (or at least that was what he assumed to be) was taking down one of the thugs that would roam around the alley and prey on the poor households via manipulation that ended up with the thug getting killed by his own associate that also killed themselves due to Dean's words and blackmails that he had sent. The police couldn't find any evidence to link Dean to the crime as Dean used a burner phone and never talked to them directly out in the crowd.

Though, this was only the start as an unknown contact offered him contracts in exchange for large amount of money. This contact wanted to clear this head criminal's operation so that they could go on with their business which wasn't any more legal than what the head of the criminals had. Dean refused at first but eventually accept the offer as he felt that he had to do something about the streets. It took a handful of dead bodies and about a dozen traitors for him to be able to reach the head of the criminals. This took years of manipulation and planning to get to that point. At that point, he finished the job but knew that this anonymous contact he will have to also mess with in order to end it all.

This only took the turn for the worse. Apparently, this anonymous contact was a high profile businessman who had moles in both the police department and the FBIs. This led Dean to become a highly wanted fugitive. He had to run and hide whilst proceeding with his plan to take down his former contact. While doing so, he stumbled upon a cop, a detective to be precise. Who had the curiosity to investigate Dean's case whose name was still Nolan Powell at the time.

Their encounters were always with both guns pointed at each other, but never to a point where they had to pull the trigger. Though it took several years to get everything done and for the detective to find out the truth behind everything. By the time Dean had killed the contact this time with his own hands but he didn't do it out of choice. The contact was about to shoot him and dean simply had to shoot him first. However the fury that had sat with him felt empty after pulling the trigger. At that time he had just turned 25 and he eventually got arrested by the police. The detective also found out about the businessman crimes and taken into consideration that Dean was just someone who wanted justice but did it in the most wrong way possible but he did the job when the police couldn't.

In order to shield Dean, the detective decided to build up a case that would lift some wrongs that Dean had commit with the help of a trusted friend and well known lawyer. In the end, The court didn't sentence him for life in prison. Which only made Dean questioned a lot of things but apparently the detective pulled a lot of strings for that to happen.

A New Beginning?

The ten years in prison were hard as he tried to keep himself out of fights but it seemed that both the guards and the prisoners there hated him with a passion. This kept him bitter but docile as he didn't want to play around with the law and the amount of time that he had to serve in prison that could just simply change if he didn't keep his nose clean. When he finally got out, he was ready to start a new page and move on with his life while changing his name in order to start on a clean slate.

But as he moved out of his hometown, he suspected that something was following him but he didn't put much thought into it. With a new place to live in, new faces to meet, he thought that maybe he would finally be able to live in peace. He was right until those five years had passed and new problems arise.

I know that I have some stuff that probably won't get through (it being long and the fc being norman reedus because I simply couldn't find any person that fits the guy in mind.) And I know that maybe some of the stuff I put in might be a huge rip off or something but I'm really trying my best to make this worth something.
Second try with some changes, let's go!

Last edited:

Leah Grimley
AgreeableEmbellishedGrouse-size_restricted.gif
Name: Leah Kathryn Grimley
Face Claim: Katie McGrath

Current Life Circumstances: Albeit Leah attempts to create an impression that she is you typical and mediocre woman, she really knows that everybody else is doing the same and concealing their own secrets. Only a fortnight ago she aborted her child due to finding out that her ex-boyfriend has cheated with two other women, which has left her in a state of rumination and brooding. Every morning and every night was draining more of her energy and enthusiasm to live, and it's especially difficult while handling a job as a biology teacher at a local secondary school and having to explain the stages of abortion to a bunch of youths who don't yet understand the emotions behind it.

She also has struggled with bulimia since she was 21, and recently has been relapsing into a worse state. She would go from several days of fasting to several days of mass food consumption, which is obviously very tiring and stressful on the mind. Having to constantly think about food and how much she consumes each day often takes control of her life and her personality, and finds herself pushing her friends and support away followed by weeks of regret over what she did.

Personality: Generally your sweetheart, occasionally a misanthrope. She may offer her usual hearty smile and an amiable "Good morning!" one day, and completely disregard you the next. It's not her intention to be so full of mood swings, anyways. Leah always tries to divert conversations away from herself, and make others the focal point, believing that everyone else will always be of more interest and intrigue than herself.

She is quite tender and warmhearted at soul, but after the disloyalty from her ex and the decision of abortion she has mostly shut herself off from deep friendships and love. She believes she will never be able to stand on the same two feet if it happened again.

Biography: Leah Grimley is the only daughter of Fiora and Benjamin Grimley, and her childhood was filled to the brim with much love and affection from the parents. She had the opportunity to visit many countries such as the likes of France to Egypt, and picked up many souvenirs along the way. To this day, she still keeps these as a keepsake and reminder of her good memories in her youth. Her grades weren't the best and often failed quite a few classes, but she found herself taking a liking towards the sciences and in particular biology.

Things started to steer the other direction when she entered her last year on a biology degree in university. Her father had passed away unexpectedly from a fatal heart attack, and her mother tearfully gave Leah the grave news in a long phone call. Fiora now also lacked the funds to continue supporting her daughter's studies, and Leah had to juggle between university and two part time jobs at two different supermarkets. She rarely had time to comfort herself and just relax in her bed like her peers, but instead sought comfort from food. She would lose control one day and gorge on everything that makes the chemicals in her brain insane, and then not allow herself to eat anything the next day. This problem became more prevalent as the year passed on, and was diagnosed with bulimia on the day of her graduation.

As of the moment, she is a biology teacher at Westwind Academy and lives alone in a stable apartment close by.
lena-luthor-supergirl-1038702.jpg

15.png

"You don't have to believe me, but I am sorry if I hurt you."

codedbycrucialstar
I think you forgot the Goals section by mistake, but once you get that up, you're totally accepted! Happy to have you onboard!

View attachment 569102

Name: Richard Moore
Height: 5'9
Weight: 154 lbs

Current Life Circumstances

Deemed too far gone by his wife, Richard finds release through the ecstasy of drink - the tool that ruined his marriage in the first place. Drinking more heavily now than ever before, Richard relies on the company of strangers for rehabilitation. Trying to find his place in society, he burdens those around him with his inner turmoil - furthering himself from the truth. When sober, Richard mourns the broken relationship with his daughter - a thirteen year old wanting nothing to do with her deadbeat drunken dad.

Despite his seemingly broken livelihood, Richard is not oblivious to the pleasures of life. Through struggles and tribulations, Richard’s become keen to the little joys that most oversee - a clean apartment, friends playing outdoors, social gatherings, etc. Grateful to still have a grip of these senses, Richard sees a light at the end of the tunnel - wishing to prove to everyone (primarily his daughter) that he can be the man he once was.

Goals

Seeking redemption, Richard tries to sober up - removing the poison he once believed an antidote. He wishes to rebuild his relationship with his daughter - getting the opportunity to be a pet of her life once again. He’s not fool enough to believe the road will be easy, but he’s known struggle and how to maneuver through its waters. Like they say, β€œwhen you hit rock bottom, you have nowhere to go but up.”

Additional Information

Richard's living conditions are anything but envious. He's been stationed at a fellow drunkard's apartment for the last six months - his only real friend. Basking in a poisonous household, Richard relapses from his hard work every weekend. He can't find the strength to say no, especially when tempted by those around him. His drinking is similar to people trying to lose weight, he doesn't have the mental strength to get over the hurdle of binging. When he feels as though he's got a grip of it, he falls down even harder than before - restarting the cycle once again.

Love it, accepted! Welcome to the club!

[class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. You'll have to use the
tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#A3CD9C; Color:Black; //the solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border all your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#A3CD9C; padding:5px; color:#000000; width:calc(100% - 35% - 33px); //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:20px SOLID #A3CD9C; border-bottom:10px SOLID #A3CD9C; width:35%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #A3CD9C; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #A3CD9C; margin-top:10px; margin-bottom:10px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] [div class="Image"]
2jdg76g.jpg
[/div][/div] [div class="Name"] Mentari "Arie" Choi[/div]

Nickname: Arie, Riri
Orientation: Homosexual
Height: 5'10
Weight: 142lbs
[div class="Line"][/div] [div class="Line"][/div] Current Circumstances: Having just moved halfway across the world, Mentari feels a bit lost, to say the least. He thought leaving his home in Indonesia was a good decision, but living so far from family is difficult, especially when your peers aren't welcoming. Despite being nearly thirty, Mentari is a first year university student, staying in a dorm on a student visa. He works as a housekeeper in the mornings and squeezes his classes into the later afternoon slots to accommodate for that. While he struggles with feelings of isolation, he's not the best at putting himself out there. Fears of judgement have made him shy, even though he was rather social back in Indonesia. People assume he can't understand the rude comments, perhaps they think he won't notice if they keep their voices low. But Mentari isn't clueless, he's noticed the hints of discrimination and sadly, he's succumbed to it. He often wonders if he'd be happier going back home, but deep down, he knows it's best for him to just stick this out.
[div class="Line"][/div] History: Mentari was born in a rural village to Indonesian-Korean parents who worked for a nearby palm oil plantation. At a young age, he and his brother began farming as well, and while school wasn't entirely forgotten about, it did take a backseat when they had to start working to help support the family. Mentari would say he lived a happy childhood, he was close with his family, had pet chickens that he loved dearly, and was always surrounded by a circle of friends. It wasn't until his late teens that he began to crave a change. Due to slash and burn practices, forest fires became a scary reality to Mentari's life. It was then that he knew he needed to find a way out. He spent the following years immersing himself into his studies and saving money. While it took a long time and a strong effort, at the age of twenty-seven, he finally was accepted into a university overseas, and had enough funds to support the move.
[div class="Line"][/div] Goals: Mentari's long term goal is to graduate and find a stable enough job to save up money and move his family out here with him. His short term goal is to regain his confidence and make some friends to spend his time with. [div class="Line"][/div]
[/div]
Code by @AgWordSmith
[/div]

________ is evolving

Legal Name: Ellie Eun-Bi Park
Preferred Name: Issac Yeong-Ki Seo
Sexuality: Androsexual
Role: The Evolving - Going through a big change without people to help them.

FC: Park Jihoon
Appearance: 5'7', 130lbs, Normal Body Type, Brown Eyes, Dyed Hair.
Body Mods: Ears Pierced.
Clothing Style: Comfortable yet Fashionable

Current life circumstances: Issac is a Korean American. He isn't living with his parents but is instead working many jobs to pay rent, buy food, get testosterone and save up money for his top surgery whilst trying not to chip at his actual life savings that he'd had since before he was born. He's known he was trans from a young age but never told his parents. After high school, he cut off his hair, bought a chest binder, came out and promptly moved out into a small apartment for college. He hasn't spoken to his parents in a long time and his siblings as well as old high school friends continue to try and contact him but he wants to do this on his own and once he is at a place where he is happy he will go back home and speak to his family.

Goals: Issac wants to be a drummer in a rock band but hasn't found the right people yet. He wants to be a teacher at some point preferably English or Korean as those are what he's best at. He also wants to travel around the world and inform people about what it means to be trans.
Done for now​

Last edited:

Dean Williams
ezgif-3-885c7e152d4b.gif

"Watch your steps, you could hurt yourself."

Basic Info

37 y/o

178 cm tall(5'10"), fit, mesomorph, a tattoo under his left collarbone written "Deadman walking" and a tattoo of a skull on his left shoulder with lines running from his left shoulder down to his left arm.

current life circumstances

After staying clean for almost two years, Dean had been trying to get his life back on the road. With tons of money he had yet to spent, the male decided to open up a few pubs and gave jobs to those who had just gotten out of prison and would like to start anew. It wasn't until he found out that the thugs were back out on the streets and it happens that they all want his head due to his involvement with the crimes of shutting down their crimes by manipulating almost every known criminal on the top of the food chain and not getting much jail time for it.

With that coming into consideration, Dean had to choose whether to go back to his old vigilante ways or to let the police handle it for him in order to stay as a law-abiding citizen.

Still consumed by his dark past, the male had recurring nightmares that led him to believe that he was still the man he used to be, a person who threatened, and manipulate those who he saw unfit for society when he simply didn't have the right to do so. Even with the booze and the cigarettes he had gone through, it didn't help his condition one bit as it used too when he was younger.

Not only that, the male also had been trying to reach out to people since he didn't have anyone that he could trust and turn to when he felt lost or in need of advice and comfort. One cop that he had been going back and forth as he was the oe who handled Dean's case and the one who is also aware of his true identity. They weren't exactly friends at the time being as how hard Dean tried to conceal the matters that had yet to be solved.

Goals

β€’ To somehow make peace with his past and move on without it coming back to him and remove that old identity of himself along with the nightmares that didn't let up.

β€’ To get himself out there with people after isolating himself for so long.

β€’ Fixing his friendship with the detective that had tried to help him even though Dean never asked for it.

β€’ To stop hanging onto the booze and cigarettes that acted more as painkillers than medicine to him for years.
History (warning : It's long)

The Beginning

Dean was born and raised in a small town at the countryside that had no name whatsoever. At the time he was named as Nolan Powell, before he changed it when he got out of jail later in his early thirties. As a child, Dean had always been a friendly, funny kid and had befriended a few boys of his age. His parents weren't always in the picture, they always seemed so tired and never had the energy to provide him with affection and encouragement which quickly pushed him to become independent in an early age.

As time went on, Dean started to lose his friends as he spend most of his time doing chores that weren't even his to begin with. He was after all an only child at that family. This left him to spend more time inside his room which made him less and less outgoing. However he did have a close friend that really stuck with him ever since middle school. He wasn't a local and had a british accent. Alan Atwood was his name and they quickly became close friends ever since they met.

They would talk for hours and hours without running out of topics to talk about. Though Dean didn't really notice the importance of their friendship until he reached high school. It was a hard time for Dean as his parents were unable to pay off the needed bills and tuition for school. In order to prevent the family from being in debt, Dean decided to take on a part time job as a local mechanic and fixed his neighbor's cars for money.

This really took away his time to hangout with his close friend and to keep up with his studies in school. Which made him fail his grades. Alan was kind enough to stop by at his place whenever and help him with that while also catching up with him. Despite what life had throw on Dean, Alan was always there to brighten up his day which made him really grateful about everything.

Though there was one day that had left him to regret for years. After graduating High school, Dean continued to take his part time job as a full time job. Alan on the other hand had to pursue higher education back in his hometown in England which saddened Dean but wished him the best. It was hard to keep in contact since back in the day he had to send a letter overseas and the time that it took to get a reply was too long for him as everything back home just seemed so tiring and dull. He began to hate his job and to indulge himself on smoking and booze more than ever. He was just about to drown in his own thoughts that had piled up over the years. He started to forget about the letters and tried his best to focus on keeping himself alive.

One day, the day Alan turned nineteen, Dean was confronted by his parents about the pile of letters that had been filling up in the mailbox. Dean of course decided to empty the mailbox. To his surprise, the letters were all sent each day. The old letters were just Alan questioning his lack of communication but the recent were just filled with desperation as he told him that he was getting ill. Unfortunately, Alan had been diagnosed with brain cancer which had left Dean in shock when reading it.

Apparently, Alan had been stuck in the hospital for a month and his condition was worsening by the minute. And upon the latest letter sent to Dean, was filled with a request for Dean's presence at his side, this left Dean to buy a ticket for the flight to England as for the visa Alan's parents had taken care of it and he only need that ticket. The ticket costed a lot and he had paid it with every penny that he went to save in order to buy himself something that he wanted for years but it didn't matter.

When Dean eventually arrived at the hospital, he was able to find Alan's room. Though, he didn't make it in time. When he stepped into the room, he found Alan's parents both in tears as he stood there unaware of what had happened. He found Alan there, lying still on his bed with his eyes shut closed. He looked pale. The parents tried to tell the news that Alan had just passed away a moment ago but Dean didn't want to believe it. He went to call out to his friend and tried to wake him up. But as he received no response, he started getting really frustrated as he went to shook Alan's corpse, wishing that he would wake up just for a second. He was screaming on the top of his lungs yelling at the dead man.

Eventually, the hospital staff had to restrain him. As he felt upset and confused, he decided to get out of the room and sat in the waiting room. Not long after, Alan's parents approahed him and told him what Alan had said in his last breath along with a letter that he had just wrote earlier that was meant for Dean to read. Dean followed and read what was inside the letter, it didn't take long for him to eventually burst into tears and come to realization that he had never done anything for his friend and that when Alan needed him, he wasn't there at all. This made him bitter and left him to shut himself away from others as he though that he would never be able to forget that day and just move on knowing his faults.

The Blood On My Hands

Dean went on with his life and proceeded to go about with his job. Most of his days were a blur and nothing really occured much other than he didn't cut back on the booze and cigarettes. He was still young but he didn't had much interest on anything else but work and the stuff he consumed. Though there was one thing that he noticed, His neighborhood started to reek with the wrong kind of people. There were thugs on the streets and his new neighbors were comitting crimes (be it abusing their family members, being involved in drug rings, or human trafficking, etc.) Apparently the mayor decided to expand the town and surely enough every kind of people moved in here.

Every so often, Dean would witness this crimes and just watch the police not do much about it. Apparently, the townsfolk were too scared to report things that happened around town due to a certain criminal that had an ear on each corner of the streets making sure that everything was going well. This really bothered the young man and he decided to do something about it. His first kill (or at least that was what he assumed to be) was taking down one of the thugs that would roam around the alley and prey on the poor households via manipulation that ended up with the thug getting killed by his own associate that also killed themselves due to Dean's words and blackmails that he had sent. The police couldn't find any evidence to link Dean to the crime as Dean used a burner phone and never talked to them directly out in the crowd.

Though, this was only the start as an unknown contact offered him contracts in exchange for large amount of money. This contact wanted to clear this head criminal's operation so that they could go on with their business which wasn't any more legal than what the head of the criminals had. Dean refused at first but eventually accept the offer as he felt that he had to do something about the streets. It took a handful of dead bodies and about a dozen traitors for him to be able to reach the head of the criminals. This took years of manipulation and planning to get to that point. At that point, he finished the job but knew that this anonymous contact he will have to also mess with in order to end it all.

This only took the turn for the worse. Apparently, this anonymous contact was a high profile businessman who had moles in both the police department and the FBIs. This led Dean to become a highly wanted fugitive. He had to run and hide whilst proceeding with his plan to take down his former contact. While doing so, he stumbled upon a cop, a detective to be precise. Who had the curiosity to investigate Dean's case whose name was still Nolan Powell at the time.

Their encounters were always with both guns pointed at each other, but never to a point where they had to pull the trigger. Though it took several years to get everything done and for the detective to find out the truth behind everything. By the time Dean had killed the contact this time with his own hands but he didn't do it out of choice. The contact was about to shoot him and dean simply had to shoot him first. However the fury that had sat with him felt empty after pulling the trigger. At that time he had just turned 25 and he eventually got arrested by the police. The detective also found out about the businessman crimes and taken into consideration that Dean was just someone who wanted justice but did it in the most wrong way possible but he did the job when the police couldn't.

In order to shield Dean, the detective decided to build up a case that would lift some wrongs that Dean had commit with the help of a trusted friend and well known lawyer. In the end, The court didn't sentence him for life in prison. Which only made Dean questioned a lot of things but apparently the detective pulled a lot of strings for that to happen.

A New Beginning?

The ten years in prison were hard as he tried to keep himself out of fights but it seemed that both the guards and the prisoners there hated him with a passion. This kept him bitter but docile as he didn't want to play around with the law and the amount of time that he had to serve in prison that could just simply change if he didn't keep his nose clean. When he finally got out, he was ready to start a new page and move on with his life while changing his name in order to start on a clean slate.

But as he moved out of his hometown, he suspected that something was following him but he didn't put much thought into it. With a new place to live in, new faces to meet, he thought that maybe he would finally be able to live in peace. He was right until those five years had passed and new problems arise.

I know that I have some stuff that probably won't get through (it being long and the fc being norman reedus because I simply couldn't find any person that fits the guy in mind.) And I know that maybe some of the stuff I put in might be a huge rip off or something but I'm really trying my best to make this worth something.
Second try with some changes, let's go!

Looks great, accepted! Thanks for being here!
[class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. You'll have to use the
tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#A3CD9C; Color:Black; //the solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border all your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#A3CD9C; padding:5px; color:#000000; width:calc(100% - 35% - 33px); //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:20px SOLID #A3CD9C; border-bottom:10px SOLID #A3CD9C; width:35%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #A3CD9C; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #A3CD9C; margin-top:10px; margin-bottom:10px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] [div class="Image"]
2jdg76g.jpg
[/div][/div] [div class="Name"] Mentari "Arie" Choi[/div]

Nickname: Arie, Riri
Orientation: Homosexual
Height: 5'10
Weight: 142lbs
[div class="Line"][/div] [div class="Line"][/div] Current Circumstances: Having just moved halfway across the world, Mentari feels a bit lost, to say the least. He thought leaving his home in Indonesia was a good decision, but living so far from family is difficult, especially when your peers aren't welcoming. Despite being nearly thirty, Mentari is a first year university student, staying in a dorm on a student visa. He works as a housekeeper in the mornings and squeezes his classes into the later afternoon slots to accommodate for that. While he struggles with feelings of isolation, he's not the best at putting himself out there. Fears of judgement have made him shy, even though he was rather social back in Indonesia. People assume he can't understand the rude comments, perhaps they think he won't notice if they keep their voices low. But Mentari isn't clueless, he's noticed the hints of discrimination and sadly, he's succumbed to it. He often wonders if he'd be happier going back home, but deep down, he knows it's best for him to just stick this out.
[div class="Line"][/div] History: Mentari was born in a rural village to Indonesian-Korean parents who worked for a nearby palm oil plantation. At a young age, he and his brother began farming as well, and while school wasn't entirely forgotten about, it did take a backseat when they had to start working to help support the family. Mentari would say he lived a happy childhood, he was close with his family, had pet chickens that he loved dearly, and was always surrounded by a circle of friends. It wasn't until his late teens that he began to crave a change. Due to slash and burn practices, forest fires became a scary reality to Mentari's life. It was then that he knew he needed to find a way out. He spent the following years immersing himself into his studies and saving money. While it took a long time and a strong effort, at the age of twenty-seven, he finally was accepted into a university overseas, and had enough funds to support the move.
[div class="Line"][/div] Goals: Mentari's long term goal is to graduate and find a stable enough job to save up money and move his family out here with him. His short term goal is to regain his confidence and make some friends to spend his time with. [div class="Line"][/div]
[/div]
Code by @AgWordSmith
[/div]
Absolutely accepted!!
________ is evolving

Legal Name: Ellie Eun-Bi Park
Preferred Name: Issac Yeong-Ki Seo
Sexuality: Androsexual
Role: The Evolving - Going through a big change without people to help them.

FC: Park Jihoon
Appearance: 5'7', 130lbs, Normal Body Type, Brown Eyes, Dyed Hair.
Body Mods: Ears Pierced.
Clothing Style: Comfortable yet Fashionable

Current life circumstances: Issac is a Korean American. He isn't living with his parents but is instead working many jobs to pay rent, buy food, get testosterone and save up money for his top surgery whilst trying not to chip at his actual life savings that he'd had since before he was born. He's known he was trans from a young age but never told his parents. After high school, he cut off his hair, bought a chest binder, came out and promptly moved out into a small apartment for college. He hasn't spoken to his parents in a long time and his siblings as well as old high school friends continue to try and contact him but he wants to do this on his own and once he is at a place where he is happy he will go back home and speak to his family.

Goals: Issac wants to be a drummer in a rock band but hasn't found the right people yet. He wants to be a teacher at some point preferably English or Korean as those are what he's best at. He also wants to travel around the world and inform people about what it means to be trans.
Done for now​

Accepted, welcome aboard!

410a41ea94b81a184ac5ba8bda5bfe81.jpg
Name: Cho, Eun Song
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Current Life Circumstances:

Eun Song was a respectable, and happy and successful business woman and CEO before the death of her first child. Her name was Ah-Hyun, and she was only 7 years old, and under her care at a busy shopping center one day when she was stolen away from her by an unknown person because she turned away for a moment to take an important business call. Song had promised her husband that she would be taking the day completely off for the sake of her family. Eun Song searched with the police for years, her and her husband grew distant and began to live separate lives under one roof. Eun blamed herself entirely for what happened. Her guilt led her to depression and she began to have emotional outbursts, skip work and abuse alcohol. She got herself dismissed when she ruined a serious business relationship with a drunken rant. Her husband has left her and gained custody of her other child and Eun was fired after 10 years of working for her company. In the divorce, he gained most of her money, and Eun wasn't left with a lot, it soon ran dry after a few years of having no source of income. He then moved half way across the country and Eun feels as though she has lost both children as it is becoming harder and harder to find the money to visit them. She currently works illegally for cash in hand as a gardener, and lives in a tiny unit with a young woman who works on the streets and uses their apartment to conduct her 'business'.

Current life Goals:
Eun wants redemption, she wants to become someone who her son can be proud of again, maybe go back to collage, study photography, the field she has always wanted a career in, but never had the nerve to really go for, not even as a hobby or a freelancer. She just wants to live in a place where she can invite her son, Seong, and feel proud of. She wants to stay home, and be with him every day and devote her time to making sure he was happy.
sad_bae.gif

Last edited:
410a41ea94b81a184ac5ba8bda5bfe81.jpg
Name: Cho, Eun Song
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Current Life Circumstances:

Eun Song was a respectable, and happy and successful business woman and CEO before the death of her first child. Her name was Ah-Hyun, and she was only 7 years old, and under her care at a busy shopping center one day when she was stolen away from her by an unknown person because she turned away for a moment to take an important business call when she'd promised her husband that she would be taking the day completely off for the sake of her family. Eun Song searched with to police for years, her and her husband grew distant and began to live separate lives under one roof. Eun blamed herself entirely for what happened. Her guilt led her to depression and she began to have emotional outbursts, skip work and abuse alcohol. She got herself dismissed when she ruined a serious business relationship with a drunken rant. Her husband has left her and gained custody of her other child and Eun was fired after 10 years of working for her company. In the divorce, he gained most of her money, and Eun wasn't left with a lot, it soon ran dry after a few years of having no source of income. He then moved half way across the country and Eun feels as though she has lost both children as it is becoming harder and harder to find the money to visit them. She currently works illegally for cash in hand as a gardener, and lives in a tiny unit with a young woman who works on the streets and uses their apartment to conduct her 'business'.

Current life Goals:
Eun wants redemption, she wants to become someone who her son can be proud of again, maybe go back to collage, study photography, the field she has always wanted a career in, but never had the nerve to really go for, not even as a hobby or a freelancer. She just wants to live in a place where she can invite her son, Seong, and feel proud of. She wants to stay home, and be with him every day and devote her time to making sure he was happy.
sad_bae.gif
So beautiful~ Accepted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back