• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse

Phenex was getting his last throwing knifes together and loading his 50. Cal sniper and looked and looked at klaus saying "I'm ready to go klaus" with a grin on his face putting his rifle on his back which was surprisingly light.

James looked up at Klaus calling and pulled on his rucksack, and medical bag, making sure to have his fire axe handy. He had already packed, liking to keep his timing perfect. He glanced over at Amelia, giving a reassuring smile. "No thanks, I've got everything for now. It was nice of you to ask though...Its rarely anyone does anymore." He shut his trap when Klaus called out next, a runner. It really was a medical feat, for such a disease to have the human race on the run.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Sh!" Klaus snapped before running in the exact direction on the runner. It was only yards from the camp. He drew his pipe back and planted the scissors into its skull, he broke off the scissors before proceeding to stomp its head in.

"Yes," Victor smiled, "It is a beautiful name indeed. I imagine she was a pretty lady, too." Sam nodded. Though her face was now merely a foggy memory, one thing was for sure-- she had been very beautiful. The most in the world. "I must admit, I thought so," Victor continued, "You say that name with strength and proud, as you should. You know you are the most important person for me and I appreciate your honesty; I'm sure Jess and I would have been great friends."

Sam nodded, first in understanding, then in agreement. Ever since he and Victor had been left alone, Sam had found that Victor had become the most important person for him too. His mother, he thought, would have liked him too. If they had ever met, Sam wondered if she would have liked him. These were weird thoughts.

"My mother’s name was Rose," Victor shared, "and my father's Michael. They were also good parents; I don't usually talk about them either." Reaching into his pocket, Victor revealed a small card, and held it out towards Sam. "I have this praying card my mom gave me," he explained, "I would like you to have it. However, you have to promise you'll give it back to me in a year." Sam nodded. "It's going to be a pinky promise," Victor added, extending his smallest finger. "If you fail to accomplish it, say goodbye to your pinky." Sam's eyebrows shot up.

"What?"

"Also," Victor went on, after the two had sealed their deal, "when we tell the others, we are going to call her Promise Jess, because she isn't that old." Victor gave him a lopsided grin, and Sam returned the gesture. "And if they ever ask, 'Why Jess'...? Well, cause it is the best name ever, of course!" Sam grinned, nodding eagerly. It really was.

Suddenly, Caroline approached from outside the barn, holding a bucket in her hands. "Hello Victor," she smiled. "Hello Sammy."

Sam bristled visibly. He furrowed his brow at the girl, before muttering softly, "Only he can call me that." He wasn't sure if the girl would hear him. He kind of wanted her to, though he knew how mean and bratty it sounded. Still, he only liked Victor to call him 'Sammy'. The only other person who ever had was... well... his mother. It was a very personal nickname for him, and he wanted it to stay that way.

"How are you though? Concidering its the apocalypse" he asked, with a smile as he walked over to her. He could diagnose the stutter at any given point, yet he doubted she would like that. To be honest, it was really delving into the phycological side of things. Of course he did a few courses, and was interested in the subject, but felt that it was little out of his comfort zone. He ran a hand through his tousled dirty blonde hair, pushing it away from his face, before readjusting his glasses, another nervous tick of his. @Princess Ktyria

Caroline shut down a little. "I'm very sorry Sam... I won't do it again... Sorry to upset you." She replied before opening the stall to the cow and grabbing a stool. She sat down and shut up, not looking at the two boys, not listening to them. She gently gripped two utters and began milking. The cow stirred a little, she would usually comfort it but she decided against it. With the other two there and with Sam mumbling at her she didn't want to speak.

@ThatOneCrazyPerson @Ebizu Veuship

Amelia Conner

"A-as good as i-it ca-can be." Amelia said, smiling slightly as well. "Y-you?" She asks, feeling really awkward. It was strange having a simple convervation with another person. It even made her a bit uncomfortable. Of course, she was never to keen on new things in the first place anyways, even when she was younger. Amelia rememberedthe time where she didn't even want to try hunting or holding a gun in the first place. The only reason she did it, was to help out her family. 'First time I stepped out of my comfort zone.' She thought, shrugging it off.

@XxLuluxX

"I'm very sorry Sam," Caroline said quietly. "I won't do it again... Sorry to upset you." She quietly made her way over to the cow-- er.. Promise Jessica-- before sitting down on a stool and beginning to milk the beast. The girl had gone very quiet, and didn't look up at either of the boys again. Sam felt something in the pit of his stomach.

He swallowed hard, now feeling extremely guilty. It wasn't her fault, Sam told himself. She didn't know. How could she have? It had just been a simple mistake; it could have happened to anyone. ...Gosh, had he been a jerk. But he hadn't meant to. The words had come out more laced with anger than he had intended, and now he felt like he had made her sad. Why wouldn't she be sad?

The boy hesitated, then made his way over to her, watching the milking process. He was silent for a while, half thinking of what to say, and half too nervous to say it. Finally, he tapped her shoulder softly, hoping to get her to look at him.

"M'sorry..." he said quietly. "I din' mean to be a... a..." The boy paused, trying to remember what that word was. It meant jerk, he thought he remembered, but worse. "...A dick!" he said finally, then looked at the cow, hoping to change the subject.

"Guess what?" he said, smiling. "I named the cow. S'a real pretty name, too!" He beamed at her, assuming all was fine between them now. "Wanna guess what it is?"

@Katilynn Lovette

Caroline turned to Sam once he tapped her on the shoulder. She didn't know what he could possibly want, maybe she was too quiet now? He began to apologize she nodded. You think the apocalypse would have made her tough... But she was still only a teenager, the apocalypse actually made her more emotional than ever.

"Guess what?" he said suddenly, smiling. "I named the cow. S'a real pretty name, too!" He beamed. "Wanna guess what it is?" He asked rather excited. "I don't know... Maggie? Mary Lou? Suzanne? I give up... What is it?" She asked.

@ThatOneCrazyPerson @Ebizu Veuship

"I suppose I'd have to agree with you on that" he nodded, and yawned a little. "Im not sure if i prefer the silence, or detest it to be honest. It just.... doesn't feel natural. Y'know? I might have been spending too much time around the infected, but even they emitted some kind of noise" he sighed a little, looking down at his axe, turning it over in his hands to feel the nicks on the handle, and cold steel of the blade. @Princess Ktyria

"I don't know..." Caroline replied, shrugging. "Maggie?" she guessed, "Mary Lou? Suzanne? I give up... What is it?"

Sam beamed at her, both excited to tell her and proud of picking a name she hadn't guessed. "I named her Promise Jessi.. er, Jess." He stopped himself short of saying the full name, remembering what Victor had said. The cow wouldn't want to sound old. Sam waited expectantly for Caroline's reaction, then before she could respond, he added, "'Cause it's the best name ever!"

He doubted she would pry any further. With any luck, she wouldn't. He did wonder what she'd say, though. Victor had been quiet since Caroline had come in, and Sam wondered why. He turned around for a moment to study the man, then looked back at the girl.

Caroline listened to the excited boy. 'Promise Jess', she thought. She then got up quickly and stood outside the stall. "Shall we write it on her stall so everyone can read it when they come in?" She asked, pulling out her pocket knife.

After Victor sealed the deal with his little brother, Caroline happily came into the barn: -Hello Victor, Hello Sammy. - She said. Victor knew what was coming…

When he first met Sammy he called him that way and his answer was: -You can’t call me that-. It was only after Ian’s passing when Sam allowed Victor to call him that way. It was a beautiful moment:

*Beginning of flashback*

-I remember being in Atlanta, we usually avoided big cities, but our clothes were ragged and dirty, Sam’s were small for him, so we decided to go to a mall. At first we had so much fun, the mall wasn't in great condition but it seemed uninhabitated. We ate Candy (not rotten yet), we went to different stores, tried different looks, even played in the toy shop, it was great. I opened a door, the alarm went off –I supposed there was no power left- I screamed angrily. Then I proceeded to grab Sam and place him in the ventilation system, I told him to escape.

In a matter of seconds I was surrounded by Zs. I ran until I found myself under the roof's skylight. I was about to be someone’s dinner when Sammy opened the window and lowered a stair. He saved my life. I hugged him, kissed his forehead several times and shouted: -Sam you are my hero! - He simply answered: -Its Sammy-.

*End of flashback*

While remembering this, Sam did what he always do in such situations, so Victor gave him a judgmental look but apparently Sammy didn’t take notice. Victor knew Sammy would do the right thing, so he chose not to participate.

After some apologies Sammy said: -...A dick! - To Caroline, she didn't care but Victor did, even though he kept on being quiet a little longer.

Lastly, following Jess's name introduction:

-I named her Promise Jessi.. er, Jess, 'Cause it's the best name ever!- this generated Victor a wide smile, so when the boy turned around, he found his brother in a happy mood. Victor felt happiness and pride because his brother managed the situation excellently with such a lovely girl.

-Shall we write it on her stall so everyone can read it when they come in?-

-I find it to be a great idea, but I would also like Sam to introduce her to everyone else in person- Victor interrupted, noticing his silence started to look odd.

-Sam isn’t the most outgoing boy, but he has a huge heart and I want him to interact with everyone- thought Victor.

-As you can see Caroline, I'm not mute- Victor told Carole while laughing -I'm a medic and I have to analyze the situation properly, you should know so pretty well, am I wrong?-

-Also Sam, you shouldn’t say those kind of things in front of a lady, I don’t mind if you do it with me, but behave around girls-
Said Victor staring at Sam, not angrily but teaching him.

(@ThatOneCrazyPerson @Katilynn Lovette)

"Shall we write it on her stall, so everyone can read it when they come in?" Caroline suggested, revealing a pocket knife she must have had stashed away somewhere on her person. Before Sam could even delight her with a quick, eager nod, Victor spoke up for the first time since the girl had entered the room.

"I find it to be a great idea," the man smiled, "but I would also like Sam to introduce her to everyone else in person."

Sam froze, tensing. 'What.' He shot Victor a look; a mixture of horror and defiance. "Why?" he cried, face morphing into fearful nervousness. "Can't you do it?" He shifted his weight from one foot to the other uncomfortably, playing with the sleeves of his jacket and rubbing his hands as if they ached. "Promise Jess doesn't need to be introduced. She's cool with not being introduced. She told me so," the boy added with a curt, confident nod.

"As you can see Caroline," Victor continued, "I'm not mute." The man laughed. "I'm a medic, and I have to analyze the situation properly... You should know pretty well; am I wrong?" Sam almost stopped listening, going into 'grownups-are-talking-so-I'll-go-do-my-own-thing' mode, but his attention was quickly snapped back when he heard his name.

"Also Sam," Victor scolded, and Sam tensed. "You shouldn't say those kind of things in front of a lady. I don’t mind if you do it with me, but behave around girls." The look on the younger boy's face morphed yet again, though this time into the appearance of a confused puppy, head tilt and everything.

"What...?" he asked. "What things?" He paused for a moment, thinking back to the conversation with Caroline. "...'Dick'?" he guessed. He didn't think he had said anything else that Victor would disapprove of. "'Dick' is a bad word...?" Well, he did know it meant something along the lines of 'really big jerk'... maybe it meant something else bad? Or maybe he was wrong and it meant something else. Caroline had barely reacted, though. It must not have been too bad, then...?

He was very confused.

Amelia Conner

Amelia nodded, "I-it rea-really doesn't... I-I fe-feel like th-they're going t-to jump at us any s-second now." She said, looking around to add emphasis. She then chuckled lightly, "I s-sometimes find th-the clicking no-noises comforting." To her, it sounded like home somehow. The branches of the trees beating against the old wooden cottage is what it sounded liketo her. 'He must think I'm crazy now.' She thought, worrying slightly and regretting she ever said it.

@XxLuluxX

January Conner

'Bored. So bored.' January thought, glancing around again. There was nothing she could do other than walk around, but if she went to far, her sister would tell her to come back, she may get lost, or worse. All she did was sigh and look at the sun. It appeared to be a bit past noon so they don't have long to get there before nightfall. She quickly went over to Klaus and whispered, "We need to leave." January never seems to speak in a voice above a whisper. She used to before the apocalypse but not often. Actually, she never seemed to talk much anyways. If she did talk, it was to provide information or fix information that was given incorrectly.

@Katilynn Lovette

"You're right" he smiled, looking up at her once more. "Then again, this is our world now, our home. We have to adapt. Soon the only lullabies our children will know, is that of the unfortunate infected." He gave a small laugh "Here i am rambling on, its a trait. Took philosophy and all that" he said, with a slightly embarrassed look. "I take it all that one step further at times" he shifted his weight and let the axe rest in his hands "Sometimes i wonder how we all got this far. Its a true feat of the human races capabilities"

@Princess Ktyria

Victor expressed his desire about Sam interacting with other people; he knew the boy wouldn’t react with enthusiasm, but when he said: -Promise Jess doesn't need to be introduced. She's cool with not being introduced. She told me so- Victor’s heart melted; only his brother could ever be that cute, at least to Victor’s eyes.

Nonetheless Victor still wanted Sammy to be an integral part of the group, they had been together 7 months and 2 things happened: Victor never stopped talking and Sam never started. It was about time for Sam to take an active role in this community of theirs.

He pretended not to listen and asked Caroline about her medical expertise, just to start a conversation. Then tried to teach Sam some manners, only confusing the little boy even further.

While waiting for Caroline response, he kindly whispered: -I know you can do it boy, everyone will love you... Not as much as I do, of course- in Sam’s ear. After this a stupid smile was drawn in Victor’s face, a bit creepy a bit sweet. Victor tried to hold his laugh because even though he truly wanted Sam to be more outgoing he knew it was going to be hilarious to see.

After Victor finished asking Caroline questions, he turned to look down at Sam again. "I know you can do it, boy," the man whispered in his ear. "Everyone will love you." He paused, probably reassessing his word choice. "...Not as much as I do, of course," he finished, grinning. So it looked a bit freaky, but hey, it was the thought that counted... right?

"...I dunno..." Sam mumbled, and Victor seemed to be trying to contain his laughter. The younger boy frowned defiantly. "N'what's so funny? Why're you laughing?" He crossed his arms, a little annoyed look taking form on the plane that was his face. He didn't like being kept out of the loop, and nobody liked being laughed at. Was he laughing at 'Promise Jess'...? He said it wasn't a stupid name...!

Victor is used to being childish, he really believed Sammy would know it by then, but he was the kind of kid that had his temper, something Victor lacked. He was a strong person and he could deal with the passing of so many people, his parents, his couple and some people he tried to save. However, the thing that gets him the most is his little brother, maybe because he formed a bond with him, maybe because his purpose in life is to see him laugh and smile or just because he sees in him a little Victor, guarding himself in a cold exterior.

No matter what explanation is the correct one, there was no denial that some statements of Victor annoyed Sam. –I didn’t mean to- Victor mumbled –Sorry kiddo-.

Victor changed his weird yet honest smile for a rigid one, his cheeks tensed and his teeth showed. For others it may be nothing different from a regular smile, for the ones who know him, it is a face of sadness. Victor may never look sad, he cried only once since the apocalypse started and just Sam saw it.

Amelia Conner

She just smiled and nodded, pretending to understand what he just said.
'What's philosophy? and what's 'compatibility'?' She shrugged it off and nodded, "Y-yeah..." She said, glancing around to look for January. When she spotted her, she felt awful. She never had anyone to hang out with or talk to since there was no one her age around here. There may not be anyone her age alive! "A-anyways... L-l-let's go." She said, gesturing for January to come with her. "L-lets go e-everyone!" She said, raising her voice a bit so that everyone can hear her.

@Aqua
@Angel Metting @apoliseno @XxLuluxX

January Conner

January sat down near a tree when she was ignored. Nobody here other than her sister knew how intelligent she was or how useful she could be. They treated her like the child she was
. 'My body's a fourteen year old by my mind's more advance.' She thought, sighing quietly. She looked up to hear Amelia telling the group to move out. 'Does she even know which direction they should be going?' She thought, 'Good thing I looked at the map before they did.' She thought, standing up and walking over to Amelia, "Head to your right." She whispered, giving her sister a hand.

Klaus nodded at the girls who were taking some initiative. He put his back pack on and cleaned his lead pipe with a rag. "They're right, we have procrastinated enough... Let's go!" He called once more before walking off, leading the way.

@Aqua @ThatOneCrazyPerson

Victor was a little bit down, he didn’t mean to offend Sammy, he was about to say something else to him when Caroline answered softly: -Yes, I never really got to study though… I was only 14 when the outbreak happened-.

He decided to talk to Caroline, Victor really wanted to get along with her. She was a resourceful girl and she seemed to have good values.

-Well I did- He said kindly –I've never got to end my career though… You see, I had 2 years remaining but I can prove that in this 3 years I didn’t lose time- Victor got closer to Caroline, near Jess and grabbed Sam’s hand, for him to come with Victor (He didn’t do it on purpose it was a second instinct) .

-I’ve put my expertise in practice, also I didn’t go a week without reading my college books, I believe I’ve studied enough not only to have a degree but also a master- He said bragging.

-I’ll tell you what, I’m going to be your private teacher and you are going to teach us how to milk a cow… I mean milk Jess, and help with the crops-

Victor glanced at Sammy with a kind smile and said: -I know you are angry with me right now, but learning to milk Promise Jess and cultivate sounds real fun, right?-.

Caroline listened to Victor's words. "That would be great! I honestly only know how to do these things because my mom was rather about being self efficient." She said softly after finishing the name. "There." She said pridefully. Before going back into the stall and continuing to milk.

@Ebizu Veuship

Moving on Out

Ethan started walking a few feet away from Klaus with his katana in his left hand, in the sheathe for safety purposes. He always had his head looking around for various dangers always present in this new apocalypse. He had always been a loner, occasionally joining groups that ultimately disbanded or died out. This was his first group that lasted more than a month, but he had made very few attempts to be social. Well, it was time to go now.

@Aqua @Angel Metting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back