• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Zombie Apocalypse

Katilynn Lovette

Sherlockian
The rather basic zombie apocalypse survival team. All threads are used for what they say besides for the Overview. I am using that thread as a sort of "Love Interest" Thread. You will discuss possible love interests there with so said person.

The out break happened three years ago, and since then the whole world has gone to shit. The army tried to set up containment camps first, keep the infected out and the humans in, where they'd be safe. You were scanned before entering a camp and you had no choice on whether you got to live or die, you tested positive for the virus, you were killed on the spot. For the ones who passed, they were sent in to be protected. The last base fell six months after the out break occurred. Since then people have witnessed the three stages of infection. Stage One: Runners. They're extremely fast and strong. The infection has encased their brain and driven them insane with anger and hunger for human flesh. Easy to take down, hard to out run. Stage Two: Clickers. The infection is now very visible, it splits the skull and looks like a fungal infection on the outside. The person is now blind and uses echolocation to see, easy to sneak past but once found, fire off all your rounds, and run. Better to sneak up behind silently and kill then head on. Stage Three: Bloater. This is a person that has been infected since the beginning. The fungus now encased the whole body. Still uses echolocation but rarely. They are more like a tank, charge head on, where ever, when ever. Easy to out run but very powerful. Set a blaze if possible, if not... Run.

With that... Let the carnage begin

Last edited by a moderator:
Klaus crouched while hiding in a thicket, looking at a map with Amelia, who was on his left, and January, who was on his right. "It look like there's a little town just north of here. Maybe three miles out? If we get goin' soon we can make there in time to clean out and secure a building for the night then go see what we can find in the other buildings tomorrow." He proposed, seeing what the sisters thought.

Caroline knelt in the garden, humming a song as she picked green beans off the stalk and threw them into a basket. They were lucky to have come across the farm. and it was nice to find the seeds to plant the week they had arrived. She heard a sound behind her and quickly pulled out her knife, standing up and spinning around to see Mono.

Mono put out the small fire he had set out of boredom. Looking around, his mind wandered to the other survivors of the group, remembering the past 7 months. Although he rarely spoke out louder then a whisper these days, Mono raised his voice so the other survivors could hear him. "I'm going to watch, anyone have the binoculars?" He asked, however due to rarely speaking his voice came out rather softer then he meant it to be.

Mono had considered speaking up more, in fact in the past the other members of the group had nearly shot him due to being too quiet, but he didn't have much heart to speak up much. He still wasn't entirely sure of the other's opinions of him, but as long as he was alive and they wouldn't attack him, Mono didn't care very much. @Rayischo @Robertaka123 @ChristinaXIV

(The RP has started, yey \qwq/)

James fidgeted with his knife. It had been 3 years. 3 goddamn years of living hell. He sighed, readjusting his glasses and running a hand through his hair. He shook his head slightly, and stood up. Might as well neaten up the medical supplies. After all, it was all he ever really did, untill someone broke a bone, got a minor scratch... he had even amputated limbs. For a doctor of course he was used to the blood... but the screams? Would haunt him for eternity. He looked over his small, yet able group. He'd found them 3 months ago, they seemed like good people, at least not your local, friendly cannibals. Or crazy power thirsty thugs, wanting to become the new bloody warlords.

It had all happened so fast. He didn't even know, if his parents had survived or not. Hopefully they were alive, back home in London. But he was so far away, he'd given up seeing them again. Although sometimes, he'd shut his eyes and they'd be waiting for him. Him to come home, but alas being a doctor he diagnosed himself with a heavy stress, leading to hallucinating.

Yuri had found herself staring contently into the campfire with her arms wrapped around her legs, however, her fun was quickly ruined by someone she had come to know as Mono ruining the majestic figure flame. This irritated her, she had enjoyed the warmth and company, with a sigh, she responded to the question, "I sure as hell don't." A little irritation to her voice, she gave pause and gazed up into the canopy above, "Sure would be nice if I could see the sky, yah?" She put her hands on her hips as she peered a little deeper, trying to pierce the thick mass of trees.

Realizing the girl whose name was Caroline had brought out a knife at him. Raising his hands up, Mono waved them, as if saying 'Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you!'. Turning back to the girl with the Russian-accent, which oddly had a easy-to-remember name. Feeling the hostility in her answer, he looked at the cold ash that was the campfire. Grabbing more firewood, he managed to rebirth the fire after about 10 minutes, however it was much smaller. "Sorry." Mono said to Yuri, as she was the few people who he didn't mind apologizing to.

Walking around the farm, he finally found the binoculars hanging on a fence post. Somewhat curious as to why they were left out, however didn't think it was that important. Making his way back to the campfire, he glanced to see the fire was almost as hot as before, but was still fairly small. Putting another piece of firewood in hopes it would cheer Yuri up a little, Mono looked towards the forest and then back at Yuri. "Scout?" He asked Yuri, pointing to himself with one hand, and pointing to the mass of trees with the other hand. @ChristinaXIV @Katilynn Lovette

[QUOTE="Katilynn Lovette]Klaus crouched while hiding in a thicket, looking at a map with Amelia, who was on his left, and January, who was on his right. "It look like there's a little town just north of here. Maybe three miles out? If we get goin' soon we can make there in time to clean out and secure a building for the night then go see what we can find in the other buildings tomorrow." He proposed, seeing what the sisters thought.
Caroline knelt in the garden, humming a song as she picked green beans off the stalk and threw them into a basket. They were lucky to have come across the farm. and it was nice to find the seeds to plant the week they had arrived. She heard a sound behind her and quickly pulled out her knife, standing up and spinning around to see Mono.

[/QUOTE]
Amelia Conner

Amelia clutched her rifle as she looked over the map with Klaus. She had no clue what she was looking at, and was glad he didn't ask her where she thinks they should go. "Y-yeah. It s-sounds lik a pl-plan." She stuttered out, glancing at the rest of the group. Amelia hoped they wouldn't lose anyone durning this, it was hard enough to deal with the apocalypse already, having to deal with loss ontop of that would be unbearing. "W-want me t-to tell the ot-others?" Amelia offered. She hoped she wouldn't have to, but she wanted to be nice. Crowds weren't exactly her forte.

January Conner

January wasn't paying attention to the two conversing, or atleast didn't enter the conversation. Instead, she looked around and observed the area. Where they were going didn't intrigue her. Nothing did anymore, other than the freaks, zombies, whatever others call them. All she wanted to do was stare at them and watch their movements, study them. But sadly, none were around. They still did scare her, or her brain at least, but they didn't actually scare her. 'Odd how that works.' She thought, continuing to look out for anything.

"No... I'll tell them Amelia." Klaus smiled, putting a hand on her shoulder. He stood up. "Everyone pack up, make sure your guns are loader, just remember how fast runners are and always listen for bloaters and clickers, got it?" He asked. No replied so he nodded. "Alright, I wanna be out of here as soon as we can be."

@Aqua @apoliseno

Somewhere on the Ground

Ethan lay snoring on a sleeping bag with a blanket over his face. He was indeed an unrestful sleeper and often kicked the blankets off of him entirely. His katana lay next to him in his sheathe and his pistol was strapped in a holster he....uh....permanently borrowed from some unlucky bandit who had fell asleep watching an ammo cache and food storage. He got none of the ammo he needed, but all the food and ammo for the others really did come in handy the past month. He shifted his weight to his side and continued snoring.

@Aqua

Klaus shook his head then walked up to Ethan and gently nudged him with his foot, when he didn't move he bent down, took a deep breath, cupped his hands over his mouth loosely to suppress what he was about to do. "ETHAN!!!!" He yelled, his hands made it half as loud but he still got the satisfaction of yelling.

@apoliseno

Amelia Conner

Amelia nodded thankfully at Klaus when he said she didn't have to. A wave of relief swept through her. She stood up and stretched, going over to January and whispering, "G-go loo-look around, see i-if you spot anything. I-if you do, come g-get one of the older p-people." Amelia instructed, going over to their 'area' and picking up their stuff, fitting it in the backpack. She jumped at Klaus's supressed voice and quickly turned around, going to raise the rifle to shoot if anything had Klaus but realized he was just waking him up. 'Oh....' Amelia thought, placing a hand on her fast beating heart and smiling slightly. 'Nice to know I'm definitly still alive.' She thought happily, turning back around and continuing to pack everything up.

January Conner

January was about to get up when Amelia whispered to her. What she said annoyed her, it was if she didn't think she could take care of herself! She nodded and got up, walking around the edges of their camp and looking around, keeping an ear out for anything that may be a click or the sound of running. When she heard nothing, she had a mixture of comfort and dissapointment. January continued to walk around and look.

Startled Somewhere on the Ground

Ethan immediately grabbed Klaus' foot after waking up and brought him to the ground as he stood up, pushing his leg towards his waist. After realizing it was Klaus, he released his foot and backed off. Living after the outbreak had taught him to be very cautious when sleeping. If he was woken by yelling or loud noises, probably a good idea to incapacitate whatever woke him up so he didn't get hurt.

"Sorry 'bout that. Force of habit," Ethan apologized. He offered a hand to help Klaus up.

@Katilynn Lovette

Masuta had finished his daily workout, a few yards away from the little farm they had stumbled upon so that he had room but not so far that he couldn't be seen. His hair has grown long in the past few weeks since it had been cut, and was now in his eyes, sticking to his skin from the sweat. Taking a small towel he had in his bag he wiped his face off and put his shirt back on. Walking over, he thought back to how it was before the pandemic. How he used to imagine this happening and how he would lead a group to survival as some epic warrior who would be remembered for saving human kind. Instead things went much differently, he was so scared when things first happened all he did was run, and run, and run. It was not until recently that he has even begun thinking about fighting them, that was why he began training everyday at least. Shaking his head he came upon Mono and Yuri, smiling.

Klaus smiled and took Ethan's hand. "No problem." He said softly with a smile. "I'm just hoping to leave soon. There's a town about three miles out." He said with a smile. "So please pack."

Caroline turned back to the garden. She then heard Masuta come back. She smiled and waved at him. "Welcome back Masuta." She called.

@apoliseno @Robertaka123

Sam Ellis liked animals. Granted, he hadn't seen many back when he had lived with his mother, but he had always been fond of the animal picture books he had once possessed. He hadn't seen many animals with Victor either, even when Ian had been with them. Come to think of it, he realized hadn't seen many animals ever. But he still liked them. They reminded him that there were still innocent things around. And that if things dumber than people could still live, than people could too. It made sense to him.

The boy had a habit of wandering around the farm, whether or not he was being accompanied, and so here he was, in the barn. With the animals. He studied the creature in front of him. It was white. And black too. But mostly white. And a little pink underneath. He knew what this was. He knew he knew it. It had just been so long... A cow! That was it; a cow. Sam smiled to himself.

It was seemingly unperturbed by the young boy's presence, and barely moved. "I've never seen a cow before," Sam said to the cow, barely realizing he'd spoken aloud. "Not in real life, anyway." The cow didn't respond. It just blinked at him with its cool, hard, brown eyes. "I wonder if Victor's ever seen a cow. In real life."

Sam turned away, planning on asking, before running into the man in question. "Victor--!" Sam cried. "Have you ever seen a cow before? In real life? Cause I haven't. Or I don't think I have." Sam knew he sounded more than downright childish, but come on. It was a cow. In real life.

(( @Ebizu Veuship Also idk if they have cows but I just assumed. Cause COWS. In REAL LIFE.))

Being the OCD doctor he was James, ordered and neatened his bag till it was immaculate. It was all he did mostly till someone listened to his esteemed opinion on a certain situation, or infact any injury that came to him. It was either this, or he'd be tallying supplies, putting out warnings on what was low in stocks. If none of these satisfied his boredom, it would be reading his medical dictionary for the hundredth time. Anything to keep him from thinking back to the past. Or imagining what could happen, how he could so easily die. But the fact was, James had survived this long by simply using common sense. He rarely drank alcohol, and every morning went out for a run, anything to keep him prepared.

He pushed his glasses up for the seventeenth time and sighed, reordering the medication into an alphabetical order, sterilising needles, scalpels, surgical scissors. If there was one thing, the doctor was good at, it was preparation.

Actually Doing Something

Ethan let Klaus scoot off while he went through a quick stretch to limber up. He was fast, but on a bad day the Runners could catch up to him even faster than they could when he was in good condition. He rolled up his sleeping bag and grabbed the string from his pocket he used to tie it and wrapped it around, double knotting it so it didn't come undone. His blanket, well he calls it a poncho, was next as he picked it up and slid his head through the large hole in the middle. He put the sleeping bag on top of his backpack, which he kept packed up just in case he felt like going back to his lonesome, and clipped it in place woth a velcro straps. He unholstered his Tactical 1911 and slid the mag out, checking to see if he had loaded the clip. The clip could hold seven .45 caliber rounds, and this one was holding seven, with an additional round in the chamber, which was also there. He slid the magazine back into place and reinserted it in the holster on his right leg. He slung his backpack over his shoulders and picked up his katana, in its sheathe because he liked to keep the thing sharp, in his left hand. He looked over at Klaus and nodded, signalling he was ready to go.

@Katilynn Lovette

-What a beautiful day- said Victor to himself. And it really was: The sun was shining, no Z was making noise and the farm was not only fortified but also full of people. The very same people that in this 7 months won Victor's trust. Obviously, he had his doubts about some things, but they all were kindhearted people. And that is what Victor wanted for him and Sammy, good company.

Victor was outside the barn, against its sturdy walls, with the doors wide open he was able to see the outside, where the others were, and the inside, where Sammy was observing a cow in a weird manner. The very same cow that the others found 7 months ago. It was so skinny back then, it looked like a zombiefied version of its former self. We took good care of her, and now she even gives milk. I never let Sam see her until now, I know it may be overprotective, but I wanted him to see her in a good condition, so he wouldn't be upset.

Victor noticed Masuta's arrival, Caroline's joyful greeting towards him and the talk between Mono and Yuki. In this farm, such peace was found that Victor could close his eyes and picture himself in a holiday trip, a normal holiday trip.

Victor's thoughts ceased when Sammy called him: -Victor! Have you ever seen a cow before? In real life? Cause I haven't. Or I don't think I have-. He got inside the barn, looked at the little kid who was smiling with his sparkly eyes and Victor couldn't do anything but smile him back.

-I don't know how you do it kiddo- Victor mumbled. -Yes I've seen cows before, but Sammy, this is no mere cow- said Victor with a mysterious tone in his voice.

Sammy glanced Victor, intrigued. -Cause this cow is a promise for me, for us. A promise of milk, a promise of cheese and even bread, a promise that things may be like they used to be-. Then Victor proceeded to stroke Sam's head.

-I think you should name her- Victor said with a wide smile.

(@ThatOneCrazyPerson @Katilynn Lovette @Robertaka123 @Silvey @ChristinaXIV )

"God damn" Rayisho said and yawns. "I'm to tired to sleep". He take on hus metal Claws and opened the door. "So,time to go in the forest and get some firewood." He said and goes out the house.

"Yes," Victor replied, when asked, "I've seen cows before, but Sammy, this is no mere cow..."

Sam's eyebrows furrowed in confusion and he tilted his head, intrigued. 'Of course it's not a 'meercow',' Sam thought. 'It's just a normal cow. It doesn't even look like a 'meercow'.' He paused. 'What would a 'meercow' look like, anyway? Like a cow and a meerkat mixed together...?'

His thoughts were interrupted as Victor spoke again. "'Cause this cow is a promise for me-- for us. A promise of milk, a promise of cheese, and even bread; a promise that things may be like they used to be." Sam's mouth made an 'O' shape, and he nodded, grinning. 'I still don't understand what that has to do with a meercow...' he thought, but decided against saying anything.

Victor smiled and began stroking the boy's head. It was comforting, now. The first time Victor had done anything similar, Sam remembered nearly bolting out of the room. He had remembered his mother always used to rub his head and sing to him, before he went to bed, and when it had happened again, after so long, it had felt so familiar that it had downright scared him.

"I think you should name her," Victor said, and Sam stared for a moment, lost in thought. This was a very big deal, after all. Or he thought it was. He couldn't just choose the wrong name. That would be terrible.

"...Promise Jessica," he said finally, a little quietly. "I think that's her name." He turned to smile up at Victor, hoping he would approve.

-Promise Jessica, I think that is her name- Sammy said full of enthusiasm.

-I love it- Stated Victor –I truly think it suits her perfectly-.

Victor wasn’t just lying to his brother, he really liked the name. After this, the cow mooed loudly. –I think Jessica likes it too- and then laughed, feeling honestly happy. He then hugged Sam and said: -Things are looking up, I promise-

Victor was on his knees, with a hand in Sam’s shoulder: -We should let everyone else know about Jessica’s name, Shouldn’t we?-

Then, while standing up, he asked: -Why Jessica by the way?-

(@ThatOneCrazyPerson)

"I love it," Victor smiled, "I truly think it suits her perfectly." The cow made a noise, and Sam jumped a little, unprepared. "I think Jessica likes it too," Victor laughed, before hugging Sam a little. "Things are looking up," he said. "I promise."

Sam nodded. He supposed that was true. Ever since his mom... things had kind of gone downhill. He had been on his own for a bit, then with Jerry and Helen... then Helen left, and then Jerry too. Living with Victor and Ian hadn't been so bad, he supposed. ...Until Ian left next. Sam wondered if he was bad luck. Maybe he was cursed? He and his mother had never had very good luck. She was always getting laid off... only because she kept asking to leave early to be home with him. They had always been low on money. He had been a mistake in the first place.

But Victor was right. Things were looking up. The farm was nice; it was pretty, and most of all, safe. The people were okay, he figured, but he didn't like to spend too much time with them alone when he could be with Victor. Also, Sam had to keep an eye on him. Make sure he didn't leave either.

Victor, still on his knees to be at eye level with Sam, placed a hand on the smaller shoulder. "We should let everyone else know about Jessica's name, shouldn't we?" the man asked, and Sam grinned. He nodded, a little eagerly, as Victor stood again. "Why Jessica, by the way?" he added, and Sam felt himself tense.

He looked down a little, rubbing his arm absentmindedly. "'Cause..." he said quietly. No matter how close he and Victor were, Sam still felt a little... he didn't know... talking about things like this. "That was my mom's name," he mumbled finally. "And it's pretty." He looked up, smiling a little. "She always liked to be called Jess. She said Jessica sounded like an old lady." He giggled to himself a little, fondly recalling the memory. "But I just called her Mom."

-Cause, that was my mom's name... And It's pretty- Sammy said, trying to hide his sadness from the person that understands him the most. -She always liked to be called Jess. She said Jessica sounded like an old lady, But I just called her Mom- ended up saying between giggles.

A shiver went down Victor's spine. He already knew the answer, not because Sam gave him any hint, but the way he said Jessica, Victor knew there was a deeper meaning. A million thoughts came to Victor's mind, he should answer quickly, too much hesitation would make Sam feel uncomfortable. *But what would I answer to such thing?* he thought to himself.

-Yes, it is a beautiful name indeed, I imagine she was a pretty lady too. I must admit, I thought so. You say that name with strength and proud, as you should. You know you are the most important person for me and I appreciate your honesty, I'm sure Jess and I would have been great friends. -
I said expectantly.

-My mother’s name was Rose and my father's Michael. They were also good parents, I don't usually talk about them neither. I have this praying card my mom gave me, I would like you to have it. However, you have to promise you'll give it back to me in a year. It's going to be a pinky promise, if you fail to accomplish it, say goodbye to your pinky- Then Victor kneeled down again and extended his hand, showing his pinky finger to Sam while holding the praying card.

-Also, when we tell the others, we are going to call her Promise Jess, because she isn't that old-
stated Victor with a crocked smile.-And if they ever ask why Jess... Well, cause it is the best name ever, of course!-

Amelia Conner

Once Amelia finished packing up, she looked around the camp to see if there was anything needed to be done. When she spotted James, she remembered that she wanted to ask him about his supplise and if he needed more. She quickly put on the heavy backpack and walked over to him. "H-hey, J-James?" She asks, "D-do you nee-need any more s-supplise?" Amelia felt extremely embaressed because of her stuttering and on top of that, her accent, but she was pretty sure that they were use to it by now, considering they've been a group for three months now.

@XxLuluxX

January Conner

January continued to look around, starting to get bored until she heard a snap of a twig that was to the right of her. The sound of distant footsteps pounding the earth. 'Runner or a human? Either way, probably bad.' She thought, then debating whether or not she should deal with it herself or not. Being a smart girl instead of rebelious, she swiftly went back to camp and went over to Klaus, standing on her tippy-toes to whisper in his ear, "Runner to the right." Before going over to her sister and doing the same thing.

@Katilynn Lovette

Klaus's area had already been picked up besides for his ground blanket. He rolled and tied it together before tying it onto the top of his bag. "Alright... Let's---" He was cut off when January whispered in his ear. He pulled out his lead pipe and whistled while he quickly taped a pair of scissors on the curved neck. He then went to right side of the camp and listened, waiting.

@Aqua @ThatOneCrazyPerson @Ebizu Veuship

Users who are viewing this thread

Back