Winter Themed Public Poll (Pick Three)

What's your favorite winter activities?

• Winter sports (Including, but not limited to, hockey, skiing, snowboarding, sledding, snowshoeing, i

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Snowmobiles!

• Curling up by the fire and/or with a warm blanket

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Telling ghost stories at night

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Snow sculpting (Including snowmen, snow forts, snow angels, and snowball fights!)

• Knocking down and playing with icicles

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Watching your own breath clouds

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Catching snowflakes on your tongue

• Gorging on sweets and baked goods (Hot chocolate and holiday beverages included)

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Spending time with family

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Decorating the home and/or enjoying holiday decorations

• Enjoying holiday music and movies

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Caroling

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Mistletoe~

• Giving/receiving gifts (For those that celebrate such holidays)

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • All of the above

• Traveling somewhere warm!

• Other (Please specify in comments below)

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

KamiKahzy

Tectonic Nomad
Supporter
Hello RPN! I decided to do this poll out of curiosity and boredom, and I hope that much of the nation turns out to vote. The more voters we have the more interesting it will be to see how the Nation stacks up against itself.

So tell me Nation, what are your favorite winter activities? And as an added bonus, leave a comment below about your favorite winter activities or a special memory from wintertime that you'd like to share. Have fun everyone!

If you do decide to pick multiple options please limit it to your top three. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoy turning on the radio to listen to all the Christmas music and watching movies. Home Alone 2 and Jingle All The Way are my top picks. I also don't mind the sweets.

As far as carols go, Santa Baby is easily my favorite!

That said, there's something so wonderful about bundling up, either to go out or to sit in the living room with family and a cup of hot cocoa. ALSO, winter fashion is literally the best, fitted coats and scarves and long sleeves are my LIFE.

i like the snow

its pretty, romantic and makes forests look so awesome

but at same time, i do not like it because i do not cycle when there is snow, scared i fall and break my neck lol

and since i got no car.... yeah...

I like curling up by the fire/heater/sun lamp, and definitely enjoy spending time with family.

Probably the best winter activity for me though is when my breath starts clouding. I really get a kick out of that, and the best is when it's cold enough (and I'm warm enough) that I can breathe twin plumes of vapor from my nose like a dragon. I giggle like a schoolgirl when I pull it off!  B|

I have to comment to complain about the fact that it doesn't even snow here 

(that's a Mean Girls reference) 

most years because england lacks consistent weather :(  

It hasn't snowed where I live since I was ten or eleven.

Meanwhile, I'm here like

5759820_700b.jpg

Would kill for a Winter Christmas for once ...

So South Africa I'm guessing, or else southern Australia.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just absolutely love winter. 

Just watching those snowflakes fall down gently and hitting the ground silently really calms me down, and watching from a window while in the background is a holiday song playing softly with no other noise and the scent of hot chocolate coming from the kitchen makes the world for a moment feel like heaven.

And then there's always the excitement of sledding down a really tall hill, running around dodging snowballs and laughing with friends when you accidentally go flying and crash into the ground face first and having school-free days due to snow/ice (who cares about extra days due to them being missed? Not me lol) is awesome. 

and don't get me started oN EGGNOG

EGGNOG IS A GIFT FROM ABOVE I SWEAR

I LOVE hiking in the woods while snow is falling. There is no better or more magical thing in the world.

I personally love listening to "All I want for Christmas is You" throughout the entirety of December until I get absolutely sick of it just as we move on to the New Year.

Then never listening to it again until the next December.

It's a natural circle of Christmas songs. 

The most I get where I live is frost and rain, and while I have been to the snow, but I've never actually been somewhere where/when it's actually snowing. I'm really curious what it's like to be outside somewhere where it's snowing... *is not-so-secretly hoping someone will describe what it's like*

I like walking in the rain without an umbrella or raincoat, getting soaked, and then coming back inside, changing into dry clothes, and curling up on the couch under some blankets with my sister, drinking tea and watching anime and the rain that's still coming down in sheets outside. That would be my ideal winter day.

It's... sort of like rain, if rain fell reeeaallly slow and soft. Sometimes you feel a little pinprick of cold on your skin that turns into a wet spot in about a second, but it's so miniscule that you can hardly tell it was there until they all accumulate and your body ends up damp. Snowflakes feel sort of like feathers as they brush your skin. :D

Visually, it's much like in pictures and movies!

Can't say much for taste and smell; it's just frozen water, after all.

It's soundless, pretty much absolutely soundless, since it's not plopping onto the ground so much as floating down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back