• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern War Never Changes...

Which war would be the best for this?

• World War 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • World War 2

• Vietnam War

• War On Terror (Anything in the Middle East from the 80's until today pretty much.)

• Other (If you have any ideas, please tell me!)

• Total voters

bloodydaimyo

The True Kaptain Karmichael
Not a Fallout RP idea, just thought the name was appropriate.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a realistic war RP? Like, less of a giant action packed story of badassery, but a more real perspective of it, rife with tragedy and death and just an all around "war is hell" kind of theme?

It'd have heavy historical reference, with characters taking part in actual battles and missions, although not necessarily with the same outcome that history set forth (The Germans could end up driving back the Allies on D-Day, for instance.)

I'd like to have characters on both sides of the war, showing the different perspectives.

Of course, the only real requirement, is that you know what you're talking about. Don't be that guy that commands a Panzer in WW1 or has Marines using Ak-47s.

So, is this something anybody would be interested in? If you'd be interested, even with some tweaks to it, please, feel free to leave suggestions!

Last edited by a moderator:
I may be interested, although with the fallout 40 announcement you really shouldn't be so shamelessly riding the hype of a series like fallout.

Yeah, I would definitely be interested in something like this, seeing as it was an RP just like this that got me on this site.

Also, while this could be done when the players have been established, it would be good to think about narrowing down the focus of the military mission. Are we troopers at the battle of the Somme? Tankers in North Africa? Navy avaitors over the pacific? Special forces in Vietnam? Mechanized Infantry in Desert Storm? By all this I mean that whatever period we end up doing, there should be a very narrow scope of what we do. Also might be worth it to think of alternate implications of the military forces (Women in combat units, use of terror weapons, etc.) Just throwing stuff out there because I love the study of military history and the what if's that can come up.

I think I know what @bloodydaimyo is getting up to. And WW1 or WW2 would be a better perspective than modern combat in my opinion. Sooo, we could be a group of friends who perhaps grew up together and then signed to join the army... Only to be separated and then have the friends killed, followed by the players meeting up and living in the trenches or whatnot.

Too elaborate? :o

This seems really interesting, and I'd agree with the World War theme rather than more modern combat. I'd lean towards WWII, but that's just me.

If you go the dubya two route, then there's the whole "Final Solution" theme which has to be given proper treatment.

Either is fine for me ^-^

Oh and also, could we just have our characters on one side? Because if not, it just brings a whole new level of complications... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back