• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Walking Dead

Payton sits in a chair in front of the fireplaces where she built a fire to cook a can of soup. She holds a small blanket in her hands as she watches the fire. The blanket is red on one side and orange on the other. It was her youngest brother, Carson's baby blanket and it was his favorite blanket. She and Carson were really close when he was alive, before all..this happened. She closes her eyes and sighs at the thought of him. She puts the blanket back in her pack and closes her eyes for a few moments. She opens them again and sees that the soup is ready. She grabs a spoon that she carries around and begins to eat the soup, enjoying the peace and quietness for a while.

Alissa opened the door from the basement to the rest of the house. She'd been in a closet in the basement. She limped upstairs. She had her crossbow out as she limped up the stairs. Her leg had a gash the size of a dagger on her left leg. She hadn't been bitten, but she had tripped early in the day on a sharp rock.

Payton wakes to the sound of a door opening. It didn't sound like one from upstairs, but the basement door. She grabs her axe and stands up, ready to defend herself. Do walkers know how to open doors? She hasn't seen any open doors before. But she wasn't going to let her guard down, even if whatever opened the door wasn't a walker. She takes calm breaths and calls out into the darkness.

"Hello?" She says loudly yet softly. She waited to hear the moans of a walker, but none came.

"'Sup." Alissa said, holding her crossbow. "Who are you?" Getting to the top of the stairs, leaving a trail of blood from her legs on the stairs.

Payton lowers her axe as she studies the girl. Her eyes land on the wound on the girls leg but she looks away, not trying to be rude and stare.

"I'm Payton Riley," she introduces herself, a faint smile working its way onto her face, "and you are?"

"Possibly the last sassy, rebellious teenager on earth." She then smirked. "Name's Alissa Magnus. Nice meeting you Pay." She lowered her crossbow slightly.

Payton lowers her axe as well and nods to Alissa, "it's nice meeting you, Ali. How long were you down in that basement?" Payton walks over to her stuff and grabs a can of beans and opens it then sets it by the fire, followed closely by a can of corn. Payton pulls over another chair for Ali and sits down in the one she was in before and waits for the food to cook.

Payton checks the cans before leaning back in her chair.

"Did the walker down there chase you down there?" Payton asks curiously, hoping she is not being annoying with all these questions.

(Sorry for not posting earlier. I got tired and went to sleep..)

"Yep. I tried killing it but," she said,"it was a shot in the dark. I wasn't gonna be able too."

(It's fine)

Payton nods as she grabs the cans when the food looks cooked well enough. She grabs two spoons and hands one to Alissa and keeps one for herself.

"Soup or beans?" She asks, giving Alissa the first dibs on the canned food, not caring which one she got since she likes both.

(I am as well)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back