[The Seven Deadly Sins] Chapter 2:2 Ruins

Seeker of the End

Two Thousand Club
The past couple of days have been very un-eventful. Some of you are bored while others have enjoyed this rather period of leisure. Thankfully the ruins are getting closer with every passing second even though the full moon now lights the way rather than the sun. The castle looks extremely ominous during the night, shadows being cast everywhere you look.

After spending the past few days in intense training with her new Sifu, Wren is excited to know that she is expanding her knowledge of a technique that is normally forbidden to her by the closed ranks of the Sidereals. As the ruins come up in view, the Lunar priestess steps up to the front edge of the ship and looks out at the approaching buildings. "Shall we wait for morning, or do you all wish to brave the ruins at night? Either way, I'm ready for whatever challenges that await us."

Viktor sits in his room, poring over his copy (a fact that still rankles) of the Shades of Evil.

"I think we're all capable enough that a little darkness wont be an issue. Besides, the night is your element, so to speak. Strictly speaking, we'll actually have the advantage."

You all make your way to the castle as if glitters in the moonlight. As the ship settles close to the outskirts of the ship, you are greeted by the intimidating sight of the ruins.

to%20lucifer%20castle%202.jpg

Taking her Glaive in hand, Wren channels a bit of her Essence into her Charms and teleports off the deck of the ship and down to the ground. Letting her awareness expand out about her, she takes her time, slowly moving forward towards the ruins. Its strange. I've never been here before in this life, but much of the building remains familiar to me. I feel as if I could walk these grounds blindfolded. With no signs of any obvious threats, she waves at the waiting Exalts on the Blind Radiance that they can come and join her on the ground.

Activating Graceful Crane Stance 3m, Moonlight Hunt 8m 1wp, and All Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight 6m, all from Personal Essence.

26 / 9 Personal

84 / 84 Peripheral

10 / 9 Willpower
[dice]2397[/dice]

Giving the crew instructions to carpet bomb the place if they aren't back by a pre-set time, Kyros jumps off the edge of the ship before sending it about a mile skyward. Landing on the ground caused a mild flicker of golden essence to emit from him, but he ignored it and casually walked over to where Wren was. "See anything good?" He asked, giving the castle his own once-over.

OOC

Making an Occult and Investigation check. 8 dice for both, 4 successes for Occult and 2 successes for Investigation.

Aldiminius departs, and looks around the area- essence disecting stare, and an Occult roll.

[dice]2399[/dice]

[dice]2400[/dice]

VIktor leaps lightly to the ground, keeping his wings in reserve, and stands by the others, trailed by his trio of bodyguards.

All of your investigations bear fruit when you as he locate several places of interest within the castle. The Library, the Vault, the Throne Room, the Catacombs, and the east and west towers.

Where do you want to go first?

Wren idly spins her Glaive around in her hands as she looks about. "If I may, I would say that the vault or the catacombs would be a good first place to start. Anything in the library is probably already taken to the town's collection or molded to dust by now, and the throne room is probably looted. For some reason, people are less likely to go underground, and access to the vault may have been enough to keep people out. Either way, I'll head to the catacombs first if anyone wants to join me."

"Hmm. If the throne room is so likely to be deserted, then it will cost us little time to check it first, yes? And if this Sin is contracted, as Lust was, well... where else would one of o'erweening pride place themselves?"

"Mmm. You do have a point, I must admit. Very well. Unless we plan on splitting up, we can make our first stop the throne room, and with any luck, I will not be confronted by the spectre of my sister." That would be a very unusual family reunion.

Aldiminius laughs, rather inappropriately, at the mention of specters- a short, barking laugh. Then he stops. "Aye, aye... The Throne room first then.. and avoid.. messy pasts, yes?"

After discussing with everyone, you all decide to start to make your way to the throne room. Wren leads you up the stone steps, past the aged walls of the castle and into the throne room.

When you finally reach there, you find it completely bare of all decoration. Looters had taken anything of value from the room, leaving only the bare floor and walls. What was once the throne room of an entire kingdom was completely empty of all substance. There are two cavities in the back of the room that are oval-shaped, but they are both empty. The broken remains of the throne, stripped of all ornamentation and jewels, lays near the back of the room.

He looks around.. "This is no place a prideful one would seek to call their own- but perhaps the Catacombs, less likely to be touched by looters, yet hold more glory?"

Kyros moves up to the oval indentations, reminded of the mirrors. He placed his hand against one of them, then the other, giving them an extensive examination. "We're on the right track, they were here." He points at Wren and Aldiminius. "You two are good at tracking essence signatures. Take a look at this and tell me if you can find any trace that'll lead us to the Sin."

"Disappointing." Viktor looks about throne room, with a rare touch of uncertainty. It bears little resemblance to his own... but is still a reminder of what may be.

Allowing no trace of these thoughts to reach his face, he also activates the sight of She Who Lives in Her Name.

"I shall leave this to you" Nimbus says to Viktor as his body slowly turns to shadow. "I shall investigate first the library, then the towers. This is clearly under control, and I shall move fastest alone." His eyes are the last to fade, leaving only his vermillion caste mark

Activating Living Soul of Shadows Shintai and Secrets of the Eve using my peripheral pool. (15m 1 wp spent).

Does Wren spot any telltale traces of Essence with her AESS?

You notice two distinct essence signatures in the places where the mirrors were. You are positive that the sins were here originally. Unfortunately, the hundreds of years since the Sin's removal has erased any sort of essence trail from either of the signatures.

Wren, roll Essence+Solar Bond please

She lets out a slight sigh. It was too much to hope for, that there would still be a trail. Ah, well. "It has been too long since the Sin was here. Everything has faded into the background. We'll have to find them some other way."

[dice]2426[/dice]

"Shall we search the rest of the castle, then? Even if the mirrors are gone, there may be something else not yet picked over."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back