• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Secret Story of the Presidents

The presidents fight aliens and the supernatural. Pause - That isn't true, the president strictly runs the country, right? That's what they would want you to think. The idea of races far more technologically advanced and beings beyond the comprehension of science are still too much for mankind, in the eyes of the universe they are children, they haven't matured enough to be ready for what the universe has in store for them. This is the reason earth has never experienced anything beyond the concept known as reality. That is - up until now. The earth was living comfortable as the only existence in the world, but that would all change in....

The Secret Story of the Presidents
Starring...
InfinityBeholden InfinityBeholden
Stricken Steel Stricken Steel

Part One: George the Strong
Episode One

An oval shaped room, with three windows parrell to each other, that gave a glimpse of the apple orchard outside. This room was the legendary Oval Office, a room that held important meetings, and steeping stones for the future of the economy, the united States, and most importantly their status in relation with other countries. In the most important chair of the United States was the master of Uncle Sam itself: George Washington. Who was currently writing a letter to a fellow founding father. He dipped his feather in ink and brought it to the face of the crumpled, yellow paper. The sharp point glided across the paper. He wrote -

Dear, Benjamin Franklin

How have you been since we last talked? are you still creating those peculiar invention's? After that lightning strike, I thought you'd be a goner. Surely your dedication should deserve a reward. Who knows maybe even you'll find your face on the dollar.

Anyway, I am writing for more than just small talk. There is much to be done. Firstly, We both know of the events that transpired during the revelutionary war. That strange Grey reaper we had to fight, despite the terrible price we had defeated it.

There was work to be done after that. I was hard at work to come up with a contingency plan. So a new special organization is being developed named Area 51. Even though it isn't official as of yet, we still have eagerly jumped into business. We had found it to be in the best interest to keep it a secret from the public, if they knew it could cause another Salem Witch Trials. You know how the uneducated will point fingers, then the next thing you know people are being burned on the stake.

Even with the war over and the alien killed, it appears the universe has much in store for us. Is it destiny? I do not know. But even with a sense of comfort, the outside world isn't done with us. An alien by the name of Nova came to earth. She was hunting the beast that we killed, as it turns out it wasn't that simple. We thought we had killed the beast, but as it turns out, we only made the situation much worse. So I have taken it upon myself, for the best interest of my country, to help her hunt this foreign alien.

Alas we reach the end, this will be a dangerous journey, even with the aid of the special unit from Area 51. So if anything is to happen to me I need you to find the next president. I have already sent the address of the man I wish you to seek in the event I die.

Your Friend,
George Washington

He handed his mail to the messenger boy and gave him a nod. After that he headed to the caravan. There was a small group of the 51 unit. One of them was missing.

"Rather peculiar, I wonder where he is?"

John Adams walked toward where the caravan was stationed. The axle on the carriage had broken so he had to travel all the way here, On foot. He was well worn out by the time he had reached the caravan, His feet were sore and weak.
"Mr. President! I have arrived, Even though an axle had broken on my mode of Transportation. I am truly sorry for keeping you all longer than supposed to be, But I'm here now." John said as he staggered towards them with a leather satchel most likely filled with documents and papers.
"The weather is quite calm today, Yes?" He asked as he tried to distract himself from the Embarrassment. He climbed atop a wagon and sat his bag on one of the wooden seats and poked his head out. "Let us go now, No time to waste."

"Welcome John, I'm glad you could make it. We have business to attend to"

George sat across from John in the wagon. The seat was hard and warm from the spring heat, that was caused from the light peaking its head in from the entry space. Their seats were crowded from the supplies next to them, there was food, lanterns, clothes, blankets, camping gear, and weaponry. Everything they would need for the long journey ahead of them. As for their backup - Unit 51 - they were sitting in another wagon. They were almost ready, but unbeknownst to his companion John, there was another guest. A hooded figure entered the dusty wagon and sat by George.

"My good sir, You've fully supported me as the president of the united states, and you've helped me in the revolutionary war. But John, there is a secret I have been keeping to keep our citizens safe. But what is a man if he can't trust his right hand man. There lies a world entangled with ours, a world out in the night sky. There are aliens! and the supernatural! It is up to us, the leader of the united states and the U.S army to defend earth from any intruder. That's why she is here"

The cloaked figure took off her hood, it revealed an..... Alien?! She had a human looking face, yellow skin, pure yellow eyes, and hear hair was in the shape of a tear. She was about 7''ft tall, and had a more a frail frame.

"So you're the human the president has told me so much about. I'm a bounty hunter from space. I go by 'Nova' as my earth name. I don't care much for this team up, but your president has proven himself I suppose. So I've allowed his group of humans to join my hunt. I'm sure you have questions"

John was taken aback by the Alien but also Humanly...Person? Creature? It didn't matter anymore, But what did is the fact she stated she was from space. "Space? That's preposterous! Impossible, but...Your bodily features prove that you are not of this world. So you said you are a bounty hunter, Yes?" He gave himself a minute to breathe calmly and think.
"What...What exactly are you hunting for Nova?" Adam raised a brow as he quickly Glanced to Washington, Who seemed to be extremely calm. Seeing an Alien, In front of him, well at least a humanly alien at most, Shocked him.

"Actually I can answer that John. Back in the final push of the war, the men and I ran into a creature that looked like the Grimm reaper. I did what any man would have done for his country, I fought the beast with my bare hands and I killed him -"

Nova had rudely interrupted the president "While fighting a Grey with your bare hands is an impressive feat for a human - you're a fool. The only way to quickly dispose of them is with atomic dissolver ray, it would dissolve every atom in their body. But, no, now you've complicated matters. The Grey may have looked like one creature, but by 'killing' it -- the grey just returned to its original form, and split itself into 7 entities. Each with a unique aspect, these creature carry around a scythe to harvest neurons from humans, the electric impulses in the brain, or you could call it a soul if you'd prefer. Then it uses this energy for nutrition and for its technology. It's highly valuable to the right seller. So we have to stop it. But because of his actions, that's just more work to do and I don't have time to waste"

"I agree Madam. I know this is sudden, but with our two heads together we can stop this alien in record time and return home. So will you come with?" he gestured towards John.

"A Grimm...reaper? How...How did you kill him with your bare hand's sir? And what is a...Uhm...Atom-eec dissolver ray? Also, I will come with you, To protect the United States and its Interests. President Washington, Have you brought along the newly founded Marines as well? They are some of the most Elite fighters we have currently." John said as he looked at a nearby weapons crate.
"So, In simple words, They are abusing humans for their personal profit? Preposterous! We shall destroy these beings whatever the cost." John said as he opened up the wooden crate and pulled out a Brown Bess musket. He pulled out a cartridge and ripped it open and dumped only a small portion of the powder into the pan then closed it. He then took the rest of the powder and the ball and dumped it into the musket quickly. John then took off the ram-rod and rammed it into the barrel of the musket a few times then slipped it back into place.
He pulled back the cock from half-cock to full-cock, Now it was ready to fire.

"Well, I had grown up on a farm in Virginia, and developed into a man with many years of hard labor behind him" George said

"In other words: Caveman strong -- and to answer your question. It dissolves the atoms, so it won't be split and -- catastrophe"

As John displayed his impressive feat with firearms, Nova found her self a bit annoyed.

"Where you not listening? This won't do no, no, no"

She took his fire arm. The musket was a primitive to her species. She took the barrel off and modified the barrel, she added foreign technology to the muzzle. It was in the shape of a bell, but black, and had a cylinder on the top, which had red, electric energy dancing inside.

She added this device to his firearm

"Much better, this atom dissolver will dispose of them quickly. I don't care what your tactics are, but kill them with the dissolver, if you don't, it might just split into more"

She started to add the dissolver muzzle to all the guns.

"Excuse my manors, I forgot to answer your question Mr. Adams. The Navy cannot know, it's best we don't tell the public, if anyone found out it could start another Salem witch trails, which is the last thing we need after a time of war. So I've formed a special unit of highly skilled individuals, of which we can trust to keep a secret"

The caravan was making its way back to the old war ground. Nova had informed the president that they needed to investigate the scene of his fight. It was crucial to find evidence that lead to the Grey Reaper's, as they started to call it.

"It appears we are here, president, sir" The driver came to a halt.

"Ah, this place brings back ---- quite the memories, right John"

The horrors of war, brought a certain type of feeling unlike any other. It was nostalgiah, but the evil version. There were happy times, but they were small and far between the bloodstained ones.

John stared at the dancing bolts of lightning in the newly attached muzzle. "So...These bolts of lightning, Will conjoin with the metal ball inside and fires like normal?" He continues to listen to the offworlder and President as they speak.
"Ah, You are right about that, Sir. Miss Nova, If I may ask, After we obliterate these Grey Reapers, Is It possible our kind can...Trade with yours? We have such valuable metals such as Gold and SIlver."
John hopped off the wagon and looked around. "Yeah, Memories are tough to hide." He began to trudge forwards through the tall grass.

George prepared his machete to cleave down the plant overgrowth. The shaft was warm from the humid heat. He raised the blade and came down hard on the plants.

"A trade? We are not allowed to conduct such activities with primitive species. You're not even suppose to know of aliens... But you do, and there's no turning back now. I cannot legally interview to prevent such knowledge. Even though I see you as nothing more than cavemen. I must admire how your leader has taken control of the situation"

His leadership was an inspiration to the entire nation. The power of his aura was so great, he casted a shadow over the entirety of the U.S.A, and currently to the small troop behind him. The trail was getting warmer as he retraced his steps from the past. This all lead to that battle.

It lead to an open field, by a dark green forrest. There was a big crater where the fight ended. Yes, this was the battleground of the most epic fight George Washington had ever participated in.

"Here we are, the place of a shinning moment in a secret history"

Nova walked onto the crater, closed her eyes, and started to glow.

"I can sense it's energy now, the monster seems to have split up, each heading to mass populations. And one - is close by, infact the Idiot is in that forrest" she pointed towards a tree nearby.

George gestured his men into position, grabbed the rifle from his damp back, and aimed into the quiet forrest. The birds were chirping. The wildlife was heard walking within the protection of trees. Uncle Sam let out a sigh that crawled along the ground, the air whispered in George's ear.

"Fire!"

They all had rifles equipped with atom dissolver muzzles, and It was open season in the forrest. All their barrels let out a flashing light that was disorienting. They stopped to reload and let the smoke lift.

Was the creature dead?

John fired as the president had directed to him and the special squad of soldiers to fire at the trees and forestry ahead of them. He reloaded his musket and pointed It back up at the forestry.
"Miss Nova, I am sure the future will be evolved much more than It is now. And, I'm sure your kind will be much more evolved than now as well." John said as he kept his eyes forward watching as the smoke slowly dissipated into the air.
"Mr. President, Did the troops bring a Puckle gun? We could attach one of these...Atom dissolvers onto it and fire a bit faster." John asked as his hands began to sweat. John was a brave man, But was he brave enough to handle this situation?
He heard a rustling sound ahead and quickly pointed forward, Signaling It or something else was there.

"Afraid not Mr. Adams, I had vague idea of what we needed, and little time to prepare. This is the best I could do"

The vice president pointed into the forrest, they all rushed to reload for another open fire. Before anyone could get a bullet out, a creature emerged, it was the size of their fellow man, grey skin that clung to their bones, which could be seen in great detail. This was a Grey Reaper, it looked grotesque, but very human. It's black eyes stared into their souls. The monster had a torn up black, cloak on. There was a weapon in it's hand, a scythe that whistled with an invisible energy, the blade was vibrating.

This peculiar incarnation of the Grey walked on all fours like an animal. It let out a cat's hiss. The beast ran at them, it was fast and agile. George shot a bullet at his target, but it jumped out of the way. As his troops fired, the creature kept dodging with it's cat reflexes. When the monster got close, George swung the butt of his rifle, but it was grabbed and tossed away into the tall grass by his opponent. It wasn't that their firearms weren't useless, but they needed a way to slow the beast if they were ever to hit their target.

The beast went for George's jugular, it lunged towards him. Suddenly, a fist punched the best, it was Nova!

"You didn't think I'd just watch did you?"

"Thank you for the assist, Lady Nova" George remained polite even under the extreme circumstances.

"Assist? The bigotry on this planet baffles me, you see a woman of power and all you chalk me up to is an 'assist'. Don't forget that I'm allowing you to help me" she scoffed.

"My apologizes Miss Nova, you are correct. But to make myself clear I meant thank you for helping me"

"Hmph, much better... For a caveman" she sounded sincere. It was a compliment.

She sat down, her legs cruss-crossed, she was meditating. They could hear her humming, nature's wind was in sync with her.

"Excuse me Miss Nova, but may I ask what you are doing?"

"Not right now, I need to focus" she said in a calm tone.

They were in the middle of combat. But the president wasn't about to question his allies judgment. He batted an eye to the vice president, who at the time was reloading.

After a few seconds, she opened her eyes which were full of light. A visible yellow aura surrounded her, it was bubbly, and looked as if it were goo. She transcendence her usual form, the power she had could be felt by everyone near her.

Nova was levitating, she flew at the Grey Reaper. It reacted by swinging it's claw, which she countered with a punch, the clash created a wave of pure force. It pushed the troops back a few inches. This was a strong power, an alien power. They continued to throw punches, each being countered by the other, they were at a stalemate. Both were starting to get tired.

The beast did a claw attack, it swung irs claws in an X movement. Nova kicked from upward, from under it's wrists, breaking it's attack and creating an opening. She forced her fist at it's chest, there was a loud thud. But it was a trap, the creature grabbed her hand and tossed her into the ground. She slid against the earth and into a tree. Her aura fizzled out.

"Lady Nova!" George grit his teeth.

"Mr. Adams, I'll create an opening and you fire"

He unbuttoned his top coat, then went to undress his shirt. His clothes drifted with the wind. When taking off his shirt he revealed his masculine body, he had scars and bullet sounds from war, and bulky musles with a six pack. This was the work of years of constant and gruesome training. His physical body was at its peak.

He approached the Grey "I'm going to show you the power of Uncle Sam"

He clenched his fist. The beast went for a claw attack, George grabbed it's wrist and threw him over his shoulder. The creature went face first into the ground and got the taste of dirt. It slid into the tall grass.

The creature leaped from the grass. But the president closed his eyes, and slightly moved out if the way, as it was inches away from him, he did a chop into it's neck. The creature crash landed into George's foot, for his next move, he lifted his foot to toss the creature into the air, this was the perfect opportunity.

"I sincerely hope you've learned you're lesson. Then again, it's too late for you... MR. ADAMS FIRE!"

"Ah, Yes sir." John said as he raised his rifle and fired again, But like It had dodged George's shot, It had dodged him by Inches. "Ah damn it." He said as he quickly reloaded and pointed his rifle at the beast. He watched as George cleared himself of his upper Garments and threw them onto the ground, Revealing his scarred but muscular bodybuild.
"Yessir Mr. President, I will do so!" John got ready to fire as George ran towards the Beast of Death. Seeing George land hard blows and throwing it at the ground amazed the Vice President as he pointed his rifle up.
"This is what you get When you Mess with America!"
The ball in the chamber moved forward and went through the muzzle being absorbed into red lightning then sped towards the beast. The metal ball encased in a sphere of lightning hit the reaper and ate it up As if nothing were there. Smoke seeped into the air from the Intense heat of the muzzle and the discharge of gunpowder infused with strings of lightning.

"Oh...Whew...We did it. I know we are not done, As I'm sure there are more to...Dissolve." John breathed a sigh of relief knowing that they were close to saving their country from these Abominations.

"There is much work to be done. But I couldn't have chosen a better team for the job.....Wait, Nova!"

He ran to the alien laying on the ground. She groaned and got back up.

"I see you stole the kill, I was just about to get back up-"

"I'm glad you're alive! Are you okay?"

She got nervous "Gosh - what's with all this compassion? Yes I'm okay. Ugh, thank you okay?"

Later that night....

It was a star filled night. The crickets were chirping. The wildlife was asleep and so we're the troops. George, John, and Nova sat around the campfire.

"Miss Nova, that thing you did earlier, that aura you emitted, what was that?"

"Life energy, sort of - you see. Every living being in the universe has a life energy, humans and animals have stamina, and my race has the power of the sun through our veins, but that blob is something else entirely, it's a being that consist entirely if energy, it in itself is life energy. Us aliens use it to gain an edge"

"Can we use it in our endeavors?"

"George you miss guided caveman. A humans body would melt if it used this energy. But don't worry, i've got you covered. I'll do what I can. Now, off to bed. I have plenty of work to do"

George pulled John off to the side to have a chat.

"What do you think of our accomplice Nova?"

"Sir, I must say, Her Aura proves combat worthiness, And, I have never seen a...female sol- I mean a Female Alien serve as a soldier, Quite Interesting, Mr. President. She is quite kind, But also...Tough in ways understandable." John answered quickly.
"Also Sir, I have to say something, That...power, That power could be spread somehow and not only become a problem for everyone here, But everyone on this planet." John let out a sigh and sipped from his tin flask. He then glanced to Nova, Who was still sitting by the fire.
"So far, So good, Sir. I will let you know If I see anything...Usual?"

"It's only natural to fear the unknown Mr. Adams, it's human nature. I trust Miss Nova, like I trust you. There's no reason to worry I can assure. If anything does seem out of order. Don't hesitate to tell me"

Unbeknownst to John. George found Nova to be - dazzling. Her history, her biology, her knowledge. Everything about her made the president intrigued. Her alien origin made her special.

"I'm more than certain, Our journey is far from over. Let's get rest Mr Adams"

The two figure heads needed rest after such a dangerous combat engagement. His muscles ached, the blows with that creature did a number on him. The beast may have looked frail, but it's bones felt like cold steel against his hand. When he chopped the creature, it left small cuts and bruise on the point if contact, the cut lead up to his first knuckle.

He tended to his minor wound. It looked purple from bruising. First, he grabbed a clean rag to clean the cut. Secondly, he grabbed a cotton swab and dipped it in alcohol, and lightly pressed it against the sound. It stung for only a few seconds, but George had a high pain tolerance. Lastly, he wrapped his hand. After finishing up he felt it was time to rest. He knew if he wanted his men to survive. Then he had to be strong.

Episode 2

The next day. The two president's had finished up loading their gear back into the wagon. Now that all their soldiers were in their proper transportation, They were off to their next destination. Which was given to the driver by Miss Nova herself, the true figurehead of this operation. The destination was still a mystery to the leaders of the U.S.A.

They both sat across from Nova. She was almost excited to see them. There was something she wanted to tell them. She pulled out two watched, which were technology unlike anything they had seen. Though it was reminisce of a pocket watch.

"Miss Nova, you wanted to speak to us -"

"Yes, obviously, you caveman. So last night I figured out why that creature hit so hard! Each Grey Reaper has a weapon that looks like - what you humans call - a scythe. Its how they harvest life energy from living creatures. Well strangely enough the creature had them inside it's nails. Crafty, but cheap. If I had known I would have been more careful, that things claws absorbed my energy!"

"I'm glad you're okay. But about these watched Miss Nova"

"Well I was curious about it's speed, and why It would integrate a weapon into itself. As it turns out, its claws were attached to a device inside itself that gave it cat like reflexes, however it's small brain didn't allow them to access the full potential. These watches were originally intended to strictly track the Grey Reaper's. However I took the liberty of adding that device into your watches. So basically, you can slow time. I figured it would be useful for our journey. Besides you've both proven to be a useful asset, even for cavemen" That was as close of a compliment they'd ever get from her.

"That was thoughtful of you. Now how do I use this device?"

"You click this button to the right of the watch, and you spin it to adjust the power setting, there's 5. But don't worry about using anything beyond 1 yet. I put a child lock device on the watch, anything past that might just kill you"

Nova handed each of them a watch. At first George struggled to put the foreign device on, but with a minute of stumbling around, he eventually figured it out. The device was made from a black metal. It had the button in the side, exactly where Nova said it would be; another button on the left side, which was told to turn on the tracking mode; the top was a circle, blue light came from it. The device was sophisticated but simple.

"Go ahead click it and move"

He didn't say anything, just went for it. If Nova's instructions were to be accurate, using this device would be easy. George clicked the button. The air, the noise, the carriage, and his friends all seemingly stopped. The space around him was a blue tint. A countdown begun on his watch, a red number 5 appeared on the top of his watch, it counted down to 4 and continued.

"5 seconds?" George wondered.

He took a step forward towards Nova. It didn't feel like he was faster. The world around him was slowed. George couldn't see his friends breathe. Meanwhile in real time, in the blink of an eye, they watched as their friend suddenly appeared a few feet forward.

The duration ended, the 5 reached 0. George fell to the ground. He was extremely fatigued, his muscles were weak, and his skin produces sweat it felt as if he had ran 10 miles in the span of seconds. This watch was otherworldly, clearly.

"That's the cost, you see, the Grey Reaper's feed off other people's life energies. But you only have your own, that watch accelerated your body to blinding speed, but also used up as much stamina that was required to perform those actions"

"In other words. What I could have done in a few minutes was condensed into a few seconds. -- It's a costly power"

"Well idiot. Your friend uses guns, that doesn't require much effort. You however, use your fists, that's a lot of moving" She scolded him.

George looked to his friend, curious of his thoughts and feelings on the matter.

"What do you think?"

Last edited:
John stared at his watch then listened closely as Nova explained it. "Interesting Device, Miss Nova."
He ran his finger over the blue light as he felt the smooth surface.
Then Nova told George to activate the watch and he did. Suddenly, George had moved forward a few feet seeming tired and exhausted, To which John reacted by helping him onto a seat.

"Sir, I say, Impressive technology. But Nova, I must ask, What If...We both slowed time down at the same time? Would we be able to combine our strength and use it against the enemy?"

"No, no, no, don't misunderstand this technology - caveman. Controlling time is even out of our league. The watch accelerates you're movement. But I guess to the human brain it only appears as if time slowed down. To answer your question. If you both used the watch at the same power, you'd both move at the same speed" She explained.

"It is indeed an interesting device. It speeds up our reflexes and speed? So it'd be best to form a strategy before using our watches? I think the best plan of attack would be using our watches simultaneously"

John nods understanding what Nova had just told them. "Ah, Okay then. Is there a certain amount of times we can use it before It runs out of what fuel it uses?" John looked to his musket then wondered what the wonderous technologies were fueled on.
"Say, Would firing my musket affect my unused stamina? Or will it weaken my hands?"

"The watch shouldn't time out. Well unless it's damaged or something unusual happens to it. The only limit is your stamina. If you use too much, you'll pass out"

She looked at the device of her own creation. A quickly handmade muzzle, created from an Atomic Dissolver Ray.

"Your musket? It just needs batteries or a charge. It's just like any other technology. Though I'd be careful, that muzzle does make recoil a horse"

"So the watches use our stamina as it's charge. But this dissolver uses batteries"

"Uh, it's hard speaking to primitive species. Well, it's like a lantern. Or like lightning? -- I got it! Food fuels humans, a battery is fuel for technology"

"I do now understand what you are speaking of, Miss Nova," John replied as he quickly turned to George. "Sir, Does Mr. Franklin still do those experiments with the lightning and key? We could still do something like there If a thunderstorm is to approach, But transferring that...power would be somewhat difficult and we would need a storm."

"Mr. Adams, I see you've done your research. You know, It's funny, Who would've thought, After all this time, the founding fathers making fun of his experiments, And it turns out it could be of some use. Chasing clouds to be zapped by lightning, it's not the American dream I had pictured, but a dream isn't just about the bigger picture, but about the foundation: the small parts that hold that dream together. That lightning chaser, he's going to help us win the war" He turned an ordinary conversation into a powerful speech.

"Hold that thought, we are getting close to our next destination: A city"

George turned to his partner in this alien affair. They knew Ben Franklin would be an invaluable asset to their mission. However, the Grey Reaper's took top priority. The thought of these beings made George worry, not for himself, but for his country.

"After we settle this matter, what do you think of paying Mr. Franklin a visit?"

"Yes, I did pay attention to Mr. Franklin, and the paper." He then looked up at the city ahead, Having to peer over the greenery of the treetops. The blue clear sky overhead had not a single cloud in sight.
"I would love to, Then, We can plan on future technologies and secrets of the Presidency. That's It, George! We can make every single president come forth to pledge an Oath to keep secrets away from the public, What do you think?"

"Of course Mr. Adams. It could only ever be a secret"

He paused, his voice became very serious.

"If anyone opened there mouth. We'd have to kill them"

This was a serious situation. Only the most trusted of people could know. If word got out, there would be no telling what would happen. George knew this. That's why he chose his this special troop and his trusted partner, Vice President John Adams.

"Don't look too surprised. He's right you know. Higher lifeforms watch over these primitive planets. If someone discovers too much, they are killed before anyone can find out. It's for your own good. If humanity knew, they'd only throw themself into a world they can't defend themselves from" Her words weren't calming.

They entered into the big city. It had dirt streets with buildings lined up on both sides. This city was by the ocean. This township started development sometime in the 16 hundreds. And it was the city that Nova had lead them too.

They jumped out of the wagon. This was the town square. There was a clocktower, a courthouse, a mail office, and newspaper stand. It was a busy time off day, everyone was running around the streets trying to get to work, delivering the news, going to the market, and attending to their own business.

Nova wandered off, to do who knows what. They were completely oblivious to her leave.

"It has been awhile since we've been here. Do you remember our business trip?"

John shuddered after Nova spoke of their planet being attacked by higher up lifeforms. "Uh-Huh..." He couldn't Imagine his planet being overrun by creatures of all shapes and sizes with unknown powers.
When he climbed out the wagon and George asked him a question, Bringing back some ol' memories of his. "Oh Yessir, I do remember that trip here. Does bring back more of the memories, especially when I served England once, Mind me not. Let us get to finding those..." He lowers his voice a bit. "...Reapers."

Nova had grasped John's shoulder as if gesturing him to turn around. By chain reaction George had looked in her direction. In her hand was a news paper.

"Look at this" She said.

The headline said 'ongoing investigation of the disappearing dead body'. According to the new source a dead body had mysteriously vanished.

"I see Miss Nova, but -" George got interrupted mid sentence.

"Apparently some lady saw the dead body, moving around, Alive. Even worse there's accounts of seeing them in there other places"

"If you don't mind my asking what has peaked your interest with this article?"

"This person was seen in three different places - At the same time"

".... Reapers"

"Precisely" she confirmed.

"My hypothesis is a reaper was killed. And split once again" she thought aloud.

"We have another 7 to deal with !?!?" Fear caused his heart to race. Could they deal with another set?

"No you mongrel. There's diminishing returns, after each split it creates less and less bodies. The initial or primary host will become 7, then each of those 7 will split into 5, then those 5 will split into 3. Once it reaches that point they can no longer split, they're out of incarnations"

"I see that rather intriguing. So we have 5 reapers on our hands"

"That or.... nevermind one problem at a time" she stopped herself.

"If you don't mind miss Nova. I'd like to hear what you have to say"

"Fine. I'll say it but only because you've practically begged me too. You see, a human has potential to grow into something based on their genes. However, if they don't meet certain requirements such as eating so much, taking care of their health, or other environmental factors then they won't meet their potential. The same is true for reapers, suppose they don't get enough nutrients then they may not split from 1 into 5"

"So you're saying we only have 3 reapers"

"That or two missing ones"

"If that's the case, each of us can go after a singular reaper. Hmm, splitting up will save time. If one reaper were to be killed again that would cause more hassle. So that being the case, what do you say Sir Adam, shall we split up to cover more ground?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back