• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Fall

Britt-21

Omniverse Explorer
Roleplay Type(s)
Flora.png
1715290883765.jpeg

Height:
5'7

Weapon:
The Odachi

As shown below, this weapon is a Odachi in combination with a large fan that's capable of using dusts. There are 6 slots for each colored dust and when switching between them the fan is able to release that element. For example, if she has Ice she can send out a gust of wind that's just as cold as a blizzard and can freeze anything in its path. The outer edges are made out of titanium, which allow for easy swinging, carrying, and another method of blocking attacks.

1715291115961.png

Semblance:
Natures Wrath - While her semblance is in use, she is able to call upon the trees (Or plants) to ask for assistance. She is granted roots in response that spew from the ground and attempt to snare her target. However, in order for this to work there are a few prerequisites that need to be met in order to fully work to it's potential. 1: Her palm must be touching the ground beneath her. 2: The ground must be fertile and full of life. If the ground is dead, dry, and not a plant in sight, her semblance is useless.

Natures Bounty - Despite her semblance being centered around the wrath of nature, she has a green thumb and it allows her to grow plenty out of just one plant.

Aura color:
Green with licks of Gold within.

1715291298143.png
1715291900183.png

Height:
5'11

1715292493024.png
Semblance: Cheshire Tricks
Itzal's semblance allows him the formation of “afterimages” or mirages in the shape of himself. Simply put, Itzal can create a brief-lasting image of himself and animate it for a moment. Typically, it is used as a “fake out” or feint in battle, appearing to move left when he instead swerves right, charge forward when he actually pulls back for distance. The afterimages can take on his full form to give the impression of animation on his full body, or on select areas, such as his arms, making feints much easier and more effective to utilize. Unfortunately, since it simply an afterimage, making physical contact with the mirage will do nothing, nor can he retain them long enough to create mock “clones” of himself. Mainly, Doran uses his semblance as a way of tricking or feinting his opponents in a fight.
Aura color: Yellow
EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen

Flora.png
1715293521263.jpeg

It fell.

It was only one year. One year of the accelerated program and everything had went to hell. Friends were lost, teachers, and more. Hell broke loose and the Grimm had overran the school, the city, everything. People fought back, especially the students who despite being so young still fought to the death. Including Flora herself. Her blade had been cutting down so many Grimm she lost count at this point. While her enemies had turned into ash, there was blood covering her dress, some smeared upon her skin. It had been clear that it wasn't hers as there was no large wound or large absorption of blood within the clothes. Slamming her palm onto the ground, tree roots emerged from the surface and began to attack the Grimm around her. Where are they. I...I can't find them... Thought the Doe, golden hues darting around with the whipping of her head. Them had been her team. Itzal, Vi, and Livi. They were missing and she was afraid of the absolute worst.

They made her laugh, they had fun in their year together, memories were made. Flora refused to believe they went so easily. Not when she was still standing. "Where are you guys..." The heart within her chest was pounding so hard she could barely hear herself, adrenaline flowing through her veins at top speed. While her palm remained on the ground and she tried to get some energy back, the blade in her hand was stabbed into the dirt to keep her semi up. There was screaming, shots being fired from various different weapons, it felt like there was war going on. The grip on the hilt of the blade had tightened "I need to get out of here... If I stay here I'm going to die." With the grit of her teeth, she removed her hand and immediately took off in a sprint with her blade beside her. Create space. That's what had to be done first. Flora ran straight for the tree line, it was the only way to get cover while also getting away from the war occurring on the grounds.

The faunus kept running, trees going by in a blur and bushes rustling as she jumped through them. Above her she could hear the sounds of a larger grimm and with the woosh noise it had made, she could tell it was a larger creature and would require more than just a simple swipe. It flew ahead of her and it seemed to have a target of some sort. What would it target out here other than her? Jumping into the trees, she decided to take this to her advantage as she tried to keep up "Whatever it's going for, it's determined." Tracking the beast just a bit longer, she shot out from the trees with her blade ready for take down. Her body soared through the air and she began to spin with the blade going along with her. Easily she cut through the body and the beast began to descend towards a nearby clearing with a medium size body of water with a waterfall. Flora's grasp was holding onto its body as it plummeted straight into the water with her in tow. The water went everywhere, unable to miss whatever just crashed inside.

The water was cold, but it jolted her body awake and with semi panic she began to swim to the surface were she inhaled loudly, coughing a few times in the process. While she didn't care where she was, she needed to get to at least the edge to pull herself out. Once she had made it, she pulled half of her body out and looked around at what she found herself in. That's when she caught sight of a familiar figure "...I-Itzal is that you?" Please don't tell me I'm dreaming. Please tell me our leader is right there... Slowly but surely she got up onto her hands and knees with her blade resting off to the side in the grass. Golden eyes tired but still alert as she glanced around a few times to make sure they were in the clear "Itzal!" The doe called out. If this person left her, then she was on her own once again. While it was scary to be alone, she had to deal with it. Comfort herself. Push herself to be the huntress she wanted to be.

cooltext457895669784837.png

emperorschosen-Smirk-smile-smug-neck-toned-ar-34-v-5-2-dd2e35d6-7994-4c72-8988-06344cefbb8f.png

He ran.

Itzal didn't know how it started, he just knew everything went to hell all at once. Grimm were inside the city and academy grounds, alarms and sirens blared and everyone was bolting around in a panic. The city's guard were struggling to regain control with some huntsmen and students trying to help. Meanwhile, everyone else was trying to evacuate. Itzal knew a lost battle when he saw one.

It was all too similar. He didn't see himself as someone overly emotional. Despite everything, he didn't cry. He didn't have anxiety or panic attacks. He didn't freeze. However, here, he came close. It was just like when he was a kid with his village and his family in Vacuo, except the threat was Grimm here.

And when he couldn't hide, he ran, and when he couldn't run, he hid.

Itzal would be lying if he said he tried to fight or help. This was a lost cause and he never wanted to be a huntsman. He wanted room and board, and now both were on fire. Even his team, though a small piece of what remained of his conscious cried 'What about them?' his instinct took over like it always did, and he ran.

He cut through Grimm only as they came upon him, seeking instead to dodge and evade, using his semblance as needed. He ignored the screams and crumbling buildings, except where he dove and sprinted through them to lose a pursuer. It had been a year, so while he didn't know the place as well as Zramore in Vacuo, he still knew it decently well. However, there were still avian Grimm circling throughout the city and its outskirts. Even as he escaped to the outer border of the city, the thing still pursued him. Not to mention, his long-range abilities didn't pack enough punch or accuracy to hit it in the air, which meant he had to either evade it until it got bored or perfectly time a counter when it swooped down.

Itzal attempted to lose it through the trees, yet as he did so, his ears twitched at the sound of crashing through the trees. He wondered if it had tried to dive while he was under the shrubbery before he saw its body crash down into the clearing ahead.

As he reached it, he noted a figure crawling out of the water. It would normally have been fortunate, but in this case, it was a punch to the gut. The Faunus's eyes widened in shock as his instinct gave way to that tiny shred of conscience he still had. "F-Flor...?"

She was here, alive, and even if she didn't know it, she helped him. Meanwhile, he ran and didn't even look for her. He shook out of it, just enough to approach and help her out of the water, though he still looked as though he was staring at a ghost. "I-Is that... yours?" He asked referring to the blood.

Flora.png
1715514982477.jpeg

The Doe's heart skipped a beat as she noticed the movement in his ears and soon enough he was coming up to her. There was so much relief underneath the stress that she was going through. "Itzal..." A small smile tugged her lips as her hands reached out and he helped her out of the water. Before she could even thank him, he was asking about something being hers. With a tilt of her head there was clear confusion before she looked down at her outfit and noticed blood staining said-outfit. While most was cleaned off her skin during the crash into the water, the blood that still remained on her clothes proved to be resilient. "No, it's not mine." Just to double check, her hands patted around her body and the only flinching that happened was when she'd hit bruises. "I probably looked a lot worse than I did before I hit the water, so I'm glad it doesn't look as bad." Lifting her golden gaze to Itzal, her arms wrapped around him in a hug, even if she was wet from the water. "I'm so glad I found you. I was worried about everyone and...I couldn't find them. Livi, Vi, Aziel, Tofu, none of them. I fought in hopes I could find them but...They may have already fled." Flora lowered her eyes a little bit, knowing she was hoping for the best case scenario for them.

"It was war. I don't know how much you saw. But... I couldn't believe my eyes." Releasing her leader, she looked around for her blade and she grabbed it before slipping it into the sheath on her back. "Everything just...Collapsed. Fell to nothing as if it was a tower of cards." While their school life was peaceful, something had to have happened in the background where they weren't looking. How could anyone not see it? Did the teachers know? Did they try to stop it before it happened? These were questions that were never going to be answered and they would simply be nothing but thoughts in a void. Taking a deep breath, she looked behind her as the large Grimm disappeared into nothingness and left the water back in its undisturbed state. Returning her gaze back to Itzal, she noticed that he looked in better shape than she did. It made her laugh just a little bit "Look at you... Still looking pretty spiffy after getting stuck in some crossfire huh?" Her hand lifted into a fist and she gently pressed said-fist into his arm playfully. "We need to get out of here. I couldn't stay much longer to help. Energy is running low and I'm sure my Aura isn't able to take much more of a beating."

There were reasons that everyone was fleeing, fighting, and more. In this case, it just seemed like to her that Itzal was trying to flee much like her. But there was no idea of what he might be thinking. "Let's keep moving. Maybe we'll find the others later." Part of her dress was holding her down and it was quite frustrating as she felt sluggish. Pulling her weapon from her back, she placed it on the ground for a moment and removed the jacket part of her dress, only leaving the last of it. The navy blue going well with her green hair. Twisting the jacket, water spilled from it like a fountain. "Are you okay though? No injuries yourself that I can't see from here?"

emperorschosen-Smirk-smile-smug-neck-toned-ar-34-v-5-2-dd2e35d6-7994-4c72-8988-06344cefbb8f.png

Itzal loosened up a bit when she confirmed it wasn't hers. At least that was something he didn't have to kick himself over, however between that and the adrenaline, it made the sudden hug all the more jarring. His ears perked up from where they had been slightly flattened. His arms outstretched slightly, pausing before slowly closing the loop as he looked down at her. The knife only twisted as she confirmed that she had been looking for people.

His ears flattened a bit again. "I-uh... I didn't see them on my way out... Hard to see much," The Faunus replied, skirting around his guilt and sins. It was instinct at this point. Avoid, deflect, and distract, and there was plenty of distraction here. "Yeah... It's uh... It's not good..." He answered her grabbing her arms lightly as he pulled back.

And again, twisting the knife.

Itzal looked down at himself. There were scuffs, but his aura hadn't taken enough damage for any cuts or scrapes, and there weren't any bruises that could be seen—at least not yet. Meanwhile, she was at her limit. Her words weren't accusatory, but still. They didn't need to be. Perhaps coming from someone like Flora, it cut even more than if it were insinuating. "Yeah, yeah yeah, I'm good. I've had worse," He said urging her along so that they could get moving. At least that wasn't a lie. He definitely had received worse than what he had right now.

He waited a few moments for her to dry her clothes before he picked up her weapon. "C'mon, we need to get out of the clearing. There's no cover out here," He urged her along. At the very least, he figured he could not ditch her again. "Most Grimm will be attracted towards the middle of the city because that's where all the emotion is. The farther away we get, the better."

Britt-21 Britt-21

Flora.png
1715614193659.jpeg

Flora nodded in agreement. While they were away from the dense areas of emotion, they really had no real cover or a way to hunker down and come up with some sort of game plan. Pulling the not-so-heavy part of her dress back on and fastened it so it wouldn't get too much in her way as he retrieved her weapon. The doe held her hands out almost in a "grabby hands" motion before fastening it to her back with the strap across her chest as soon as it had been handed over. "I know that we should be able to get to my hometown if we wanted a place to stay. But it's definitely not close." Said Flora as they began to jog away in the same direction he had been going. While she was increasingly growing exhausted from the waves of Grimm back at Beacon, the faunus knew that she had to keep going until they were safe. Now that she had Itzal, her original leader, she knew that her back was covered just as much as his was. "We'd be traveling for some time and I'm sure the moment my parents catch wind of this they're going to want to find me."

After all, she was their little girl and wanted what was best for her. The pair kept on the move, finding that the next town over was gaining more people and causing the place to be an absolute mad house. "We...Cant stay here." The girl reached out and gently pinched Itzal's sleeve between the side of her pointer finger and her thumb. "There's no way we're going to be able to get a room in any inns or hotels either. The emotions are also high here... You can see it in everyone's faces." She could hear crying, yelling, and more. It was a bad idea waiting to happen. "It's gonna suck. But we need to keep going." Hopefully the further they went, the lesser would be the issue. So their adventure kept going, even as the sun was setting and causing the sky to change from that beautiful blue to a nice fiery orange. "We're almost there, Itzal. I hope you're holding up." In her one hand, both of her shoes dangled, indicating eventually along the way she gave them up and opted for grass touching on the feet. It was better than walking for ages in those shoes...

"I'm really hoping we could get a room at the very least. We've been traveling all day." Looking back ahead, they eventually started hitting the paved roads and her shoes had to be put back on. They went from hotel to inn, every place they went to was packed and it was no doubt because of the spillage from the other towns that lost vacancy earlier in the day. Letting out a defeated sigh, she stood outside with Itzal on the last hotel they checked "We're out of luck I guess...Sorry Itzal." Despite it not being her fault in any way, they still had to at least get rest. Maybe hanging out with the trees wouldn't be so bad...Right? They'd have to take turns though protecting one another if that was the case. "We're opted into camping outside. Hopefully you know how to make a tent out of leaves and sticks." Laughing, she nudged him and they continued on just a little bit longer. Looking for a space to sit down, relax, and come up with a game plan. Of course, she did have her pouch of money with her so they were at least able to have some food. Never could leave without it but... Eventually that would run out.

"I think it would be best if we went to Vacuo. When I looked at the map it looked like we were traveling south." Said the Faunus as she was gently blowing on the fire, watching some embers come from the burning leaves before the flames slowly grew bigger. "I thought that maybe we went East but...I guess somehow along the way we managed to change directions. What do you think?" Blowing again, her golden eyes lifted to Itzal before sitting back in the grass. It was kind of fun just having a little camp out with him. Felt like they were on a little camping trip even though this one was simply because Beacon had been overruned and they had no other place to stay.​

Itzal nodded along. Honestly, he didn't care where they went so long as it was away. However, as they made it to the nearest town, it was expectedly at capacity with refugees, meaning it was going to draw Grimm as well. On top of that, he wouldn't be surprised if there were conflicts between the locals and the outsiders fleeing. "Yeah... Let's keep moving..." He agreed, letting his eyes rest of the unsettled mobs before they departed again.

Itzal didn't have much sass or jokes this journey of theirs. He was oddly stoic, or perhaps it wasn't odd given the circumstances. His ears were flattened slightly, and he didn't have much to say. Not really when they had to move on nor jokes when Flora took her shoes off the 'feel more in tune with the grass', or maybe walking in her shoes all the time was uncomfortable, but that didn't align with all the 'touch grass' jokes.

Nonetheless, there were no jokes to be had, even as they had reached relative safety. The last hotel being at capacity wasn't all that concerning to Itzal. It wouldn't be the first time he camped out, though he didn't have much of an idea on how to build a shelter of leaves given--Well, desert.

Setting himself beside the fire, he still didn't know what to do. They were safe now, but--now what? Beacon was supposed to be a freebie for the next few years, now he had to figure out what to do. Maybe they could go to another huntsman school? Then again, who said their entrance requirements would be as bullshit as Beacon's was?

Then Flora made a suggestion, and his eyes widened a bit while his ears perked up. "W-Wha--What about your hometown? Yeah? You said your folks were looking for you..." He quickly suggested, putting on a forced smile. He sure as hell didn't want to go back to Vacuo, though telling her why was also a conversation he didn't really want to get into. "Besides, not much greenery in Vacuo 'cept in certain places..."

Britt-21 Britt-21

Flora.png
1715699533884.jpeg

Flora tilted her head slightly as she watched his ears go from semi-flattened to perky. It was cute how he seemed to talk with his ears first and she was sure he didn't even notice since they've been on his head since he was born. "I mean...Yeah my parents would be worried and looking for me. But they also trained me to be the huntress I am...On top of that I do kind of have a sixth sense for danger so they know I could skedaddle pretty quickly." Which was good for her, but they still worried about her no doubt. "They're probably blowing up my scroll but it got damaged and then lost in the fight. We'd have to go a long way to the east though." They've already gotten this far going west... They'd be back tracking what they traveled and that alone was a little bit frustrating. "Even if there's not a lot in Vacuo, we've came this far. I mean, is it that bad to go there? Better to just turn back?"

The Faunus dropped herself into the grass, looking up at the sky as it very slowly got darker and darker. Stars were making themselves known over the course of time. "We'd have to be careful with Beacon and the city... We may have to go far south of there to even avoid being close to it. There's just the two of us right now and I know we can only handle so much. I mean remember the test when we first got there?" Turning her head, she looked over at him once again "There was so many Grimm in packs. I've never seen them work like that before. The bears, the scorpions... It's weird isnt it?" Then the girl moved to her side with her head propped up on her hand "Sorry, I got off track. But anyways, if we want to go back we can. It'll just be a little bit more risky. We don't know how much they may have spread."

To her, this adventure was probably gonna be more than simple. They're going to have to go through things she didn't think of going through right now. For the time being they were technically homeless, some money left... Would they be able to even make it over there? They'd eventually run out of money. It wasn't like the Doe was rich "...I also don't know if I'd have enough money between food for us, lodging, and travel like boats and such...We would have to find a way of income to get us back home." While Itzal wasn't from her home, she still wanted to at least include him in that. Just a place that he could go to. He was her leader after all and he's extended kindness over and over again so of course her home would be his had he ever needed it. "You're the leader, so what do you suggest?"

Listening to her, his ears dipped back a bit again as his face grew more solemn. Paired with what they just escaped, it brought back bad memories. He didn't have any parents waiting for him, but she did. They were probably scared shitless too. Itzal didn't want to go to Vacuo, mainly because there was too much bad blood back there. Now, though, his concerns shifted. It was still selfish. He probably only felt like this because of he fact that he didn't have anything.

He leaned back slightly, propping himself with one arm. "Vacuo... is kinda rough," He replied vaguely, averting his eyes into the distance. That wasn't quite a lie. He had made quite a few enemies there that he wasn't keen to meet again. He was also a bit concerned with Flora getting pickpocketed or something. Short of getting some drink in her, she was still pretty innocent.

"It's not weird. It's unnatural. Like I said, deathstalkers don't work in packs, let alone that big," Itzal replied to her comment on the numbers. He said as much during the exam, he just chocked it up to the psycho teachers somehow putting the damned things in there for the purpose of testing, though he never quite worked out how they would have done that.

"...You should go see your family," Itzal finally said as he laid down on his back. "I can get money... Still have some saved up too," He remarked with a heavy exhale. He didn't much like parting with his lien, but he left her for dead, so the least he could spare was money. Plus, a part of him did want her to meet her folks again, even if only as some meager way for him to live vicariously through her. "And if worse comes to worse, you can go the remainder of the way without me if resources really end up being an issue," He added with a shrug as he shut his eyes.

Britt-21 Britt-21

Flora.png
1715874351546.jpeg

Vacuo was rough? Well... She hadn't experienced it for herself but if it was as harsh as he made it seem then maybe she wouldn't go that direction and would rather backtrack towards the east. The Cat Faunus agreed with her with the unnatural phenomena when it came down to the Grimm. They didn't work in packs, he was right. But yet here they were, doing just that. What else could be getting just as crazy at this point? "...Huh?" Flora's voice came out soft but then she realized what he was saying "Itzal!" The doe pushed herself up, getting a better look at him from her position "I would never abandon you like that. I'd rather find another way." They were a team, a team stuck together through thick and thin. "We'll make it there. With or without money." While he seemed to not care about what he said, she did. How could he say something like that? Was he fine with just being alone? The thought of that to her felt...Painful. Scary. Lonely. How could anyone live like that? Eyebrows furrowed as her gentle hands grasped the grass underneath them.

"We'd be able to see what we could do from there. Where we need to go, what actions we need to take. Even if it meant training with my family to go back out there and fight the Grimm. But under no circumstance am I leaving you alone. And you better not be leaving me alone either." She said to the cat, making it very clear that she would be tracking his ass down. The amount of relief I felt when I saw you after the crash made me want to cry because I thought you were gone like the others." Those golden eyes lowered slightly, a soft frown tugging her lips "I am not gonna lose that again. That...That was painful." Looking towards the fire that continued to lick the wood, a soft sigh escaped her lips and she crawled over to her partner, kneeling by his head and looking down at him "We need to make a promise that we wont abandon eachother, Itzal. The world isn't the same as we more than likely assumed it was...it's worse now."

The doe held out her pinky, knowing it was childish but it always gave her some sort of relief as if she signed a life linking contract to something she cared about. "I know we're tired and we should sleep but I can't sleep if I don't make this promise. Just spare me just a little bit more time?" A small smile pulled her lips, though it was seemingly like a sad smile. They had eachother. They were the only ones left to her knowledge. She wanted to at least hold onto the one person who not only was a leader, but had been giving her experiences that -while refusing to admit- made life more entertaining.

Itzal didn't shift aside from the slight flicking and perking of his ears as her voice raised. He should feel happy about her words, but all he could think of was how he did abandon her. He hadn't even made the comment with any degree of sincerity. It was just off-hand. However, her vehement reaction just made that pit in his chest return.

It all just made it worse, everything she said. From saying she would use money she otherwise needed to get home on him to wanting to cry when she saw him. That probably hit the hardest. Terrified looking for everyone and he just left. It was what he was good at and used to by now, but he had to say this was the first time he ever felt this damn guilty about it.

Itzal felt her presence creep up to the side of him and he kept his eyes closed, partially because he knew between the guilt and those gold, doe-eyes of hers he would just have to agree with whatever she said. He inhaled and exhaled deeply through his nose, but he could tell her presence wasn't departing. His lips pursed slightly.

Don't...

Alas, he did, peeking with one eye to see the outstretched pinky finger and her looking down at him--Gods damn it. His eye looked between hers and the finger skeptically before finally sighing.

He raised his hand up and hooked his own pinky finger around hers. "Okay, okay... take it easy. I was just listing off options," He assured her as he shut his eyes again and folded his free arm under his head to act as a pillow. The Faunus wasn't even sure if the guilt would let him ditch her again. He was stuck, either way. "I won't leave you alone until you get tired of me and tell me to get lost, okay?"

Britt-21 Britt-21

Flora.png
1716049645102.jpeg

Flora watched as his eye opened and she noticed the shift between her pinky and then at her before a sigh had left his lips and his pinky hooked around hers. At least he was willing to give her a pinky promise. That alone gave her the relief she was looking for. Eventually their pinkies broke apart and he was back to getting comfortable "Nope, wont be getting tired of you anytime soon. It's a matter of if you're gonna get tired of me actually." Pointed out the doe with a soft laugh "The only option is getting home and then getting our gameplan from there." With a firm nod, she moved a little bit away from him so she hadn't been in his personal space any longer. No doubt he did like his personal space, which was why she rarely invaded it and only invaded when he'd do things that just simply made her upset.

Getting comfortable in the grass once again, she gazed at the fire and watched it dance off the wood for a little while before eventually her world went black and she fell asleep. Despite being out in the open with just a fire pit and her Leader, the area felt safe and surprisingly quite relaxing. Exhaustion hit her as quick as a train, her body feeling as heavy as lead while basically falling into the earth beneath her.

Birds began to chirp and the sun slowly rose from the horizon, causing her to groan a little bit and stretch out her limbs before letting out a yawn. "Morrrnnninnnggg..." Flora muttered as she slowly fluttered her eyes open and gazed around them. The fire was out and left a dull smoke, birds flew overhead while the sky slowly lit up, and her eyes landed upon Itzal who looked like he wasn't having a good time. She could tell by his ears, and even some shifting that he probably wasn't having it. At one point his ears flattened and a soft frown tugged her lips "Itzal...?" She called out and crawled over to him and gently touched him. "Itzal wake up, it's okay." Moving a little bit more to his side, the doe's hands moved to his chest as she shook him a little bit "Itzal c'mon. You're safe." What she didn't expect was what happened next and it actually caused her to jump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back