• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The League of Mutants

"Blarg. Bluh. Blubbity bloo." Why is this taking so lohohohng... Tokoyo had been waiting outside for an hour and a half and Jarek still hadn't come back yet. Dead or alive, I want him back in the next 30 minutes or i'm eating the rest of that pasta.

Skyler felt her stomach growl and walked into the kitchen grabbing some pasta and a few snacks for Talon who was spinning around next to her and begging like a dog. "Talon stopping acting like a dog your a bat winged wolf." She laughed lightly before eating some of it and leaving the snacks for Talon in a small chair beside her, she was used to treating him like a human or mutant after all he was all she had until recently.

Sting nodded at Jarek's request. She smiled a bit at his rambling.

"Hey, don't worry about it, kid. I'm glad I could help out. I owed Ave a favor anyway. Well, good luck. See you around," She said, patting his shoulder. With that said, she dove backwards off the building and let out a whoop of joy. Nothing beat the thrill of flying. There was so much freedom granted with wings, and as she did a corkscrew, she praised whatever higher beings were out there that she was lucky enough to have them. She reached the hotel in no time, nearly knocking over a cat mutant that was impatiently waiting outside the hotel.

"Whoa!" She yelped, ducking around her quickly. She ran a hand through her hair. "Sorry about that. Oh hey, you're the cat Secret attacked before I took him out... You should head inside, it'll probably get dark soon. Wait, will it? What time is it anyway?" Without waiting for an answer, she spotted the hole in the ceiling and flew up through it. She found Avery in her room, seemingly talking with a small rabbit. "Ave!" She looked up sharply.

"Sting? Where's Jarek, is he okay?" She asked, shooting to her feet in instant panic. Sting waved a hand in a dismissive manner.

"Psh, yeah. Bunny boy's fine, sent me on a mission actually," She explained. She flew forward and found the bag Jarek had told her to find, picking it up and setting it on a bed to rummage through it. She found the map, now to find the packa- oh my gawd, he really did take a picture of her. Sting held up the image and examined it. It was Avery no doubt, and she was sitting in a clear body of water, not wearing her pants or shirt apparently, and she was turning towards the camera with an expression of shock. Her cat-like eyes were wide, her mouth partially hung open, and her nose was slightly scrunched up in confusion. Her tail was in plain sight and if one were to squint, her sharp teeth were visible through her parted lips. Sting snorted. "Aww, look at you. You were so cute, what happened?"

"What the hell are you talking about?" Avery asked, walking over and snatching the picture from Sting. Her expression nearly mirrored the pictures. "Oh my gawd he kept it."

"Huh... Now, I was sent by Sir Hopsalot to give you this," she handed her the map and snatched the present from the bag to toss to Avery. "and to tell you to get your -ss to the red-circled building. So, get a move on. Hops is trying out his leg and will meet you there."

"Oh... Thanks Sting." She paused to look down at herself with pursed lips. "Where am I supposed to hold all of this?"

"Oh, here," Sting said, zipping off her black hoodie and tossing it to Avery. Avery smiled, set down the things, and slipped it on. She tucked the gift package inside the jacket and stuffed the picture in her back pocket. She examined the map briefly and nodded.

"I remember where this is..." She tossed the map to the bed. "Alright, thanks Sting. I'm out."

"No problem." Avery ran out of the room and Sting sighed, sitting down on one of the beds. She glanced to her left and paused. The little rabbit was staring at her, an inch from her face. "... What are you looking at, Furball?"

~~~~~~~~~~Twenty-four strenuous minutes later~~~~~~~~~~

Avery bent over and placed her hands on her knees to catch her breath. She peered up at the tall building, a rush of memories greeting her at the sight. She sighed and reached under the hoodie Sting lent her to grab the package, examining it with pursed lips. Why would he get me something? And why would we meet here? She walked in warily and held the package to her chest. She then sat on the floor and waited.

@Sigismund

Tokoyo ducked casually and glared at the insect mutant as she buzzed off through a hole on the roof. "Watch where you're going, bee-girl." She opened her eyes wide. Where's Jarek? "Hey! Waspie! Lady! Come back!"

Uncomfortable by the little rabbit staring at her so intently, she reached into Jarek's pack and withdrew a carrot. She handed it to the rabbit and patted him on the head before leaving the room and closing the door. She dropped through the hole in the floor and down into the Lobby, then looked to the cat mutant she nearly crashed into earlier, then narrowed her eyes. "Do not call me Waspie, mousebreath. What do you want."

Tokoyo cleared her throat. "Where's Jarek? And I am a tiger, not a cat. God da--it, I thought people would stop enforcing those stereotypes..." She shook her head. "Anyway, you are a wasp, as I recall correctly. Or do you want me to call you a bee, like your ancestors and their ancestors and beyond?"

Sting blinked owlishly, then smirked. "I'd actually rather you call me Sting, like everyone else who knows me does. Well, except for those who know me then die. Then they usually call me something like 'oh dear gawd!'." She tilted her head. "Where's Hopsalot? Well, he's off on an adventure or something. I honestly don't know what he's planning. I was just told to fetch a cat so I did." Sting lazily hovered on her back and sighed, closing her eyes only to crack one open again. "Why?"

"Oh, no reason. He was the one who brought me to the hotel and I don't want him to die right after he does a really good deed... Sting." The name kind of slid off her tongue.

Sting smiled slightly and flew a slow circle around the mutant. "So, a tiger mutant. I don't think I've met one of those in a long time. What's your name?" Sting asked, crossing both sets of arms. Since she had given Avery her hoodie, which she usually kept unzipped but on, she was left with a tight yellow tank top. Her now-bare arms had patterns along the biceps. The black of the tattoo seemed to glint in the dim light of the Lobby.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQG-dezhbV1PJLR3W1Xte066yz0NYx55kLGi6Vjk8MkTQ6319EP ((tattoo's like this. I'd put this with her character sheet but that's kinda non-existent at the moment....))

Last edited by a moderator:
Jarek had taken his time, first slowly walking and getting used to his new leg, to a light run and finally he was moving was he a little faster? He was unsure. The leg felt light and heavy at the same time at the right places, he was able to move more fluidly, lighter landings and rolls.

He reached the building, the memories swarmed him and he nodded. "Yeah, she would not say no to meeting here." He said lightly, stretching his other leg. Jarek walked inside, his steps were light but as soon as the metallic-y foot of his false leg hit the hard concrete floor it echoed. "Well so much for surprising her, do they have shoes for these? Wouldn't be good to have me alerting everyone else within 10 feet something radius? Then again, some mutants propbably have better heari-" Jarek stopped himself as he saw Avery sitting on the floor ahead of him.

He leisurely walked over with a smile, his eyes watching her back, why was she wearing Sting's hoodie? Oh well. Jarek thought. He stood behind Avery and crouched down and hugged her. "Avy, hey." His hug wasn't a friendly friend hug or a long time no see, it was more of a caring hug, one between families and really close relationships. "I'm still 'live and kicking." He said with a smile, still hugging Avery.

"Uhm, what's goingon?" Conner asked at seeing the collection of people and the pool of drying blood.

Avery heard Jarek before she saw him, and even then she swore she was under attack. The echoing of metal on concrete startled her, and she quickly tucked the package into the hoodie if she needed to fight. But after hearing a person's muttering, she relaxed. It was Jarek. She was sure of it. She sat herself down again and hugged her legs to her chest.

Avery yelped in shock as Jarek suddenly hugged her. She hadn't been expecting the gesture, so she jumped a bit at the contact. "What the- what are you doing?" She gently wiggled out of his grasp and turned to face him fully, furrowing her brows. "What happened? Are you alright?" She dropped her gaze to his legs and her eyes widened. The leg really had been removed. Without thinking, she reached forward and touched the prosthetic. "Oh gawd... how does it feel?"

@Sigismund

Jarek chuckled at Avery's expression, suddenly she reached foward and touched the false leg.

"AHH! THE PAIN!" He said in a louder voice, before laughing.

"I- Sorry, couldn't resist Avy." Jarek smiled, before looking serious. "How it feels? I don't know, legless? I mean I can feel where the rest of my leg meets with it, and I don't know." Jarek stood up and swung the leg a bit. "Good? I feel lighter, yet also weird... I mean, I can't feel the wind or the ground." Jarek sighed. "It's something I'm getting used to, it's just new and that." He smiled again. "So, did you get that gift I had for you? Or did you forget it?" Jarek knew she wouldn't just forget it, or he hoped atleast. "I don't know if you'd like it or not, I don't really know what you want.. So uhh, yeah.."

@Cuddly Kraken

Avery rolled her eyes and slugged Jarek in the shoulder, no longer worried if he was hurt. He wouldn't be joking around like such an idiot if he were. She pulled the package from beneath her hoodie and used her nail to cut through the wrapping paper. With one last sparring glance at Jarek, she opened the box. Instantly her jaw dropped. He had gotten her- "A collar? Are you serious?" She wasn't entirely sure if he realized just exactly what he did when buying her such a gift. Knowing him, it was a gag gift intended to make her laugh. But by getting her a collar, he was offering her something much more. "Jarek, do you realize what this means...?"

Jarek grinned as Avery punched him in the shoulder. "What?" He said before going silent as she opened his gift. Avery glanced at him. "Oh, don't worry, it's totally safe." Jarek tilted his head as Avery's jaw dropped, his expression confused as she talked. Well, she wasn't laughing from the joke of it. Jarek's ears perked as she asked him the weird question. Unsure Jarek opened his mouth. "Well uh... It's like a necklace? I don't know what this means, what? We're getting engaged?" Jarek stopped himself from chuckling, and continued to talk instead.

"I was certainly not expecting this reaction of yours Avy, well... What does it mean? I honestly don't know." Jarek shifted his weight a bit, Maybe I'm just being a blind idiot that can't see the real meaning behind this?

Avery shook her head, still staring at the collar. "I don't know how many other felines abide by these rules, but my mother always told me this so its a rule for me. This, obviously, is a collar. Only domesticated cats wear collars, Jarek. So by getting me this, you're offering to domesticate me. Which is..." She looked up, her face noticeably red as she met his eyes. "Yeah. This is pretty much the equivalent of a proposal." She averted her eyes, putting on an expression of sarcasm that was ruined by her blush. "Real smooth, Jarek. Reaaaal smooth. Proposing on accident. Just... Brilliant."

@Sigismund

Jarek's jaw dropped. Equivalent of a proposal? Jarek looked around the building as if he was looking for help. "I-uh-the-" Jarek trailed off and scratched the back of his head. "Domestication... Huh, that's interesting rule. Your mother had some really interesting rules, not in a bad way."

Jarek began pacing around, the fake leg echoing each time it hit the floor. "I mean, I guess you guessed it was more of a gag gift? To make you happy and laugh, considering what happened to me might have dropped morale around the hotel." Jarek stopped and looked at Avery. "I guess domestication is a really big thing for you then? I mean, we're mutants in the end, a lot of other felines probably take themselves as more human, then again some more cat? I am not an expert. Honestly, I'm scared of connecting myself to others."

Jarek turned around and continued without pause. "You see, I'm a orphan, have been since I was three years old, I never knew my father and mother but they left me in my brothers care, I haven't told you this but I want you to know this, because.. Well, I want you to understand that this is difficult for me, to be with others all the time." Jarek turned back to face Avery again.

"My brother seven years at the time took care of me, and we have survived, or I have. My brother taught me, everything I know, He fed and protected me, for years. When I was 16 we got seperated, It was the worst time of my life for I always relied on him to help me, I fought to survive." Jarek suddenly paused, letting the silence settle for a while, a quiet sniffling was heard from him.

"My 17th year birthday was the day I found my brother, mutilated and hung up like a trophy. Some dog or wolf mutants had found him and did it, I waited for nightfall, Then I avenged him." Jarek smiled. "I think he would be proud of what I've done... This really has nothing to do about the situation now, I just felt the need to tell you this, a way to explain why I'm, probably just not the right guy."

Jarek turned his back to Avery and looked at the ruined building' watching the world outside. "And in all honesty." He said quietly. "It wasn't really an accident."

"Seriously now, what was all that about?" Conner asked later on. It was like they ignored him completely and figured that he just knew why there was a pool of blood on the ground. Then Jarek came back with a fake leg, all very odd.

"Oh! Hello... who are you? I've only been here for about one to two days. By the way, Jarek was massacred by a bunch of wolves, yada-yada, and he got a new leg while you were playing with your other mutant friends. Not much, really." Tokoyo held out her hand. "I'm Toyoko Rieya. Nice to meet you. That greeting's for you too, Sting."

"Conner McKinley." Conner said, shaking the offered hand. Another new person, great. At least she got a better welcome then he did. That she bear he was still cautious around, but the racoon and rabbit boy he was getting used to.

"Soo... who's hungry? I'll force Ave's to cook if I have to! Mama just wants her hands on some more of that pasta..." She rushed inside to where Avery and Jarek were, bounces in every step. "I'm hungry Averyyyyyyyyy..."

"Me to!" Conner shouted after her, before leaning around the corner to see the two. "Hope we ain't interupting nothing, but you are the best cook here, probably."

((Guys, they're halfway accross the city))

Sting rolled her eyes. "Avery isnt here right now. She left to conoodle with Hopsalot like a half hour ago. She cant cook for s--- anyway," Sting yawned boredly, relaxing on her back midair. "Get someone who can actually cook if you're really that hungry."

(Woops)

"Oh. Then who are you, and can you cook?" Conner said to the wasp lady. He was getting far to trusting by being here, but he didn't know that.

Luna watched as Connor greated the girl and she gave a shy nod at the girls direction. Looking at Connor, Luna waited for the girls reply.

sent from tapatalk -^^-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back