• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Curse of The Howling Moonlight

Amber closed her eyes hearing him. Why was he doing this to her? You'd think if he was so truly lonely he wouldn't have been so aggressive for so long. Not wanting to deal with this now she sighed. Amber didn't love him, perhaps she never would, after all she loved Fredric not Apollo and wanted his childern not Apollo's, but damnit her wolf wasn't letting her be mad at him like she wanted to be. Her wolf was worried for her mate as this was in no way expected behavior from him. Her wolf forced her to be nice and gentle putting her hands on his shoulders though stopping herself from embracing him. 'It's alright, its okay.' Her wolf wanted to say but she stopped herself and simply said "We need to go."

Last edited by a moderator:
Apollo sighed heavily, would she never love him? Never hold him? He was loving her the only way he knew how... How else was he to show his affection after lacking it from so many years?

"Amber please... Please tell me that after this blood moon we will try to be civil to each other... Learn from each other... Please?"

Amber bit her lip not liking this, why wasn't he yelling at her? She could deal with telling him straight off if he were yelling but he wasn't. "If we both surrive..." She looked back down at him, her honey eyes looking into his trying to see what he was really scheming but saw nothing but a desperate man.

Mary ran through the thickening woods praying she would make it in time. Wolfsbane was growing rapidly reaching out and almost tripping her. "Fredric! Maddie!" She called racing towards the house the plants poisonous to wolfs, witches and humans alike. She could feel her skin burning and itching wanting to cry because of it. But she raced on barely making it up the stairs without tripping. "Lottie!" She cried bursting through the door.

All the lights were off and there was no one around. "Fred! Maddie! Lottie! Get up!" She demanded desperately as she ran up the stairs shaking her siblings awake. "Get all your things and let's go. They are closing up the forest with a wall, if we don't leave now we will be trapped out here when the wolves up!" Mary exclaimed rushing her siblings to get ready not even giving them time to say anything back. They just rushed around the house grabbing their supplies and putting it into satchels making quite the racket while doing so.

The sudden racket jolted Marius from his nap. What was going on now? What happened? His weary eyes cracked open and he slowly sat up on the couch. He was beginning to feel better, definitely not one hundred percent, but at least only his abdomen caused him the most pain now and his entire body ached and burned instead of feeling like it was being ripped apart.

"Ben? Maddie? Lottie?...what's going on?" He croaked out. His voice failing him miserably. With a groan of effort he forced himself up to his feet and shuffled over towards the stairs. There was such a commotion...What were they doing up there?

How about a waiting screen for this one eh?

ezimba15198662996900.gif

"Now! Hurry!" Mary pleaded rushing her siblings out ignoring their worried questions.

"What's going on?" A sleepy Ben grumbled stepping out from the guest bedroom and walking over to Marius.

"Who are you?" She asked seeing the stranger then seeing Marius she froze. "Marius..." She muttered feeling guilty and surprised he was here. Then the sounds of her siblings running reminded her of what was going on. "Uh- The village is being surrounded for protection. There's not much time." Was all she could think to say before grabbing her siblings coats from the rack and running after them. Carrying Lottie and trying not to trip she prayed they would make it.

"Who was that?" Ben asked too sleepy to recognize her.

Marius watched in a dazed confusion as Mary rushed through to get her siblings. Barely picking up what she said in a rush. He shuffled his was over to Ben's side. Leaning in closer to him as he watched her wearily. He wasn't about to let her get anywhere near him at the moment. Not while he was still in so much pain."It's Mary...we should go though....I can't get caught behind the wall. I think I will be able to make it far enough away now."

"Gaston!" Mary cried as they ran through the thickening woods. "Gaston wait!" She yelled as thorns and vines cut and tripped them. Her siblings were wrapped in their coats for protection as she was carrying Lottie and their things she wasn't very well protected and she ended up getting the worst of it. "Malcolm! Belladonna! Stop the magic!" She pleaded, as they ran she could no longer see an opening in the growth and it terrified her. "Wait! Open the wall! Please!" She cried her voice getting horse and her face and arms were bleeding painfully. She could tell her siblings were giving up hope and slowing down. "No, don't, you stop now we die. We have to keep going!" She said exhausted trying to get them to keep going but as she was getting no responce from the others Outside the wall she was giving up hope too. The enchantment on the plants was drawing out all her energy and it felt like it was taking her life force with it. She knew if something didn't stop it soon she would die her along with her siblings, and she would never see her childern or husband again. "I'm sorry..." She whimpered and collapsed. "I'm so sorry..."

As the moon began to peek over the horizon he could feel something stir inside him. Something wild and disturbing. "Ben....Ben I need to go. Now." He mumbled. Gripping tightly to Benjamin's arm. "As far away from this place as possible... I don't care what you do just get me away." he took in deep breaths as he focus on suppressing the growing feeling inside.

(@EvelienLocalArtist @Valjean24601 )

Gaston swore he could hear her... She was calling for him, for his mother, his father... Where had Mary gone? Beyond the wall of thorns and poisons? She couldn't have! It was madness!

"Mother! father! Stop please!" Gaston begged, the moon was rising higher and he could see it in the eyes of the other witches. There was no stopping this. Gaston pulled at his hair, where was his wife?! Pushing past the others he ran as far and as fast as he could to the far reaches of the wall where it was still at it's thinnest.

"Mary!"

He cried out and his hands burst into balls of glittering light. With his hands aflame he smashed through the wall of thorns, every swing becoming weaker and weaker as the poisons leaked into the air.

"MARY!"

He howled, desperately as he finally reached the other side of the wall, his hands bloodied and swollen, bruised and trembling.

"Mary I'm here!"

Apollo's hands rested gently on her shoulders before they slid up to her cheeks and brought her mouth to his. A warmth spread to his fingertips and lips, something he'd never felt before... And then a horrible thing rose up from within him and he stumbled away from her. He squinted his eyes to the opening of the den, moonlight leaking through.

"Oh..." He groaned and gasped as his bones snapped and his body quaked uncontrollably,"it's beginning! It-"

The words were drowned in his throat by a growl and then the reply of a hundred howls into the moonlit sky.

Ben looked down at Marius worried. "Oh okay. Uh... Your horse, it's fast right? We can use it." He said not really knowing what to do. "We'll get you somewhere safe, uh do you need anything to help with this?" He had only heard legends about the Super Blood moon and never thought he would go through it especially with a werewolf and it was making him panic as he lead Marius outside. He didn't want to die, maybe he should have left with Marius? Oh well too late now!

"What are you doing?!" Felicity yelled in shock as she saw her brother run straight into the woods like a mad man. "Gaston!" It was Belladonna this time and she dropped her hands and watched him. "Stop the wall! Stop it now! My son is in there!" She cried out "Stop the enchantment we have to save him!" She yelled desperately to all the other witches and wizards there and began using her magic to kill the plants where Gaston entered.

"G-Gaston...!" Fredric wheezed clutching Maddie who was suspended in the air by several poisonous vines that were only tightening around her more with every exhausted scream of agony. Mary was on the ground she had lost consciousness from the toxic pollen she had inhaled on her way in and out but still clentched in her arms was little Lottie who was crying out terrofied as the carnivorous plants began to engulf the two helpless girls. "HELP US! PLEASE GASTON! PLEASE!" She squealed in horror as thorny vines were wrapping around her practically crushing her against Mary.

"Yeah, she should be fast enough." He gritted his teeth as his bones began to crack and rearrange. There was already a fine layer of fur spreading across his face. "I have an enchanted chain that might help suppress the transformations. I don't know about the madness though." His pulse was quickening and body growing hotter and hotter as each minute passed by. "Ben, if I get too out of hand don't be afraid to knock me out or end me...I couldn't live knowing I'd hurt you..."

When his lips touched her's she could feel her heart racing and what felt like butterfly's in her stomach, but seeing the bright red moon light creep into the den she knew that feeling wasn't from his kiss. "No! We need to be in the mountains...grrrrr-Agh! Thi-is isn't...mmha-ha...good!" She whimpered falling to her knees as the butterfly's turned to knifes. This wasn't good none of this was. She should have left with the others. The moonlight so beautifully enchanting but it felt like it was angerily ripping her wolf out of her body. Yet through all this pain she knew she needed to leave this place. Too many wolfs cannibalized themselfs under the influenence of the moon, so a super blood moon would probably be much, much worse.

Howling in pain she crawled toward the den exit and into more moonlight. Organs shifted, bones twisted and skin stretched and ripped away underneath a blood covered werewolf with glowing red eyes. Amber was gone, and this blood thirsty nightmare was left. An ear spilting howl echoed from the she wolf as she ran out into the open. The three days of hell on earth have began, but is the village ready?

Gaston heaved, every breath was a chore but still he stumbled forward towards his wife and her siblings. His entire body ached and his chest felt as though it was filling with water despite the fact he was no where near the substance.

"Mary..."

He hissed hoarsely, his battered hands illuminating the brightest they had ever been. Bright beams and tongues of light lashed out at the vines severing their hold on the children.

Gaston collapsed onto his knees. He could hear the howling in the distance as a crimson moon rose above the wall.

"Mother... Felicity..."

He choked out as he crumpled.

Perhaps they weren't even coming for him, them. What's one son to a whole village anyway?

Apollo followed his mate, stumbling on his own feet as his transmogrifying transformation came to a complete halt. Bloodied, his copper pelt was almost blindingly red to look at in the moonlight. He lifted his nose to the air, sniffing. Gone was common sense and humanity. This was the curse the moonlight had upon them, each and everyone of the pack.

Vivian had shook blood free of her dappled grey pelt, licking her bared teeth and snarling at any bitch that came close to where her puppies stayed nestled at her feet. She was wild, her brain was being overloaded by animal instinct as she desperately protected her only children from the onslaught of the night.

Fredric had to catch Maddie as she dropped from the severed vines her face and limbs were purple and he was worried she'd get a blood clot but right now he had more issues to deal with. "Gaston can you- Damn it!" He coughed as he saw the man on the ground and more vines coming in. "Lottie! Maddie! Run!" Then seeing the blood red moonlight he panicked shifting into a grizzly bear and scooping up Gaston and Mary onto his back and started running making sure his sisters made it out safe. And he stumbled and fell out of the woods shifting back into human form only to be crushed by Gaston who was heavier than anticipated and that along with the poisons in his lungs he was about to pass out. "C-Close the wall...they're coming!" He gasped as Gaston's parents rushed over. "Gaston! Mary?!" What were you doing in there?!" Belladonna demanded anxiously trying to pull her son off the boy. Then she saw how badly they all were hurt. "Ravena!" She called to one of the nearby witches. "Take them to the healers in the coven. Malcolm, help me close this up quickly, everyone help. They will be here within the hour."

Gaston groaned loudly as he hit the ground, everything in his peripheral vision was blurred dancing with strange colours. His breathing was shallow but desperately still he tried to sit up and drag himself over to Mary. Every time he pulled on the earth with his hands it stung, oh god it stung. He was panicked, now that they were within the wall the danger of the wolves passed but a new danger arose. Would his Mary be able to heal herself in her poison induced sleep?

"Mary..."

He coughed, choking on his own bile as it rose in his throat.

Ben stared at Marius horrified, "Niether could I, that's why we have to get you out of here." Ben said his hands trembling as he went and got the horse ready. "Hop on Marius we need to leave." He said his whole body shaking in the blood red moonlight.

Ravena and a few other wizards rushed to Gaston and Mary's side "This isn't good. They aren't dead!" One of the Wizards said looking them over. "What?!" Belladonna snapped looking back him upset that he would ever say anything like that about her son. "I'm sorry ma'am but if our wall couldn't kill a few witches then how on earth is it supposed to stop blood crazy werewolves?" He asked and a wave of panic came over the magic folk. "It will because we are stronger than them and always have been, lets go." Revena said picking up Mary hurriedly and dumping her onto a wagon with her siblings, then gestured for Gaston to climb in to.

Gaston stood on trembling limbs, walking unsteadily on his legs to the wagon on dragging himself on board, landing with a heavy thud on the wagon's wooden bottom.

Fredric and Maddie were gently shaking Mary, but it wasn't till Lottie spilled the canteen of water on her did she wake up. "Gah!" Mary shot up her eyes blood shot and her skin bruised and bloody. "Thank the gods!" She coughed seeing her siblings, and tears coming to her eyes as she hugged them so glad they all came out alive. "I thought we would die in there! I was so afraid I would never see you all again!" She cried tears streaming down her cheeks as the wagon hurriedly rocked toward the coven. When she picked her head up she saw her husband and the happiest smile that ever crossed her face form on her lips and she hurriedly crawled over to him. "Gaston! You-You-!" she sobbed into his chest hugging him. She couldn't even form words to express how happy she was to see him right now. "I love you! I love you. I love you..." Her voice trailed into joyous tears as she held his face in her hands kissing him with all her being. She had never felt so alive nor so close to death in all her life and the feeling of it all was overwhelming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back