• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Beginning of the End

Johnathan looked blankly at Maria, who laid sprawled out on the floor. He walked down the aisle until he found Mark and sat down in the opposite seat from him. He looked down at the floor and sighed. "I know what your thinking. Now, I don't know why she did that. I'd like to know myself. She doesn't usually act like that. Maybe she's wasn't thinking straight, I don't know." Johnathan kept his head down and closed his eyes. "Cole isn't.... He isn't hurt is he?"

(@DrTrollinski )

"No." He said, bluntly, as he rocked the baby back and forth. He was still crying, but he was starting to calm down. ".. I.. If I hadn't got on the floor on time, Cole would have died. He would have hit his head on the chair in front of us, and that would have killed him." He said, and then he bowed his head as he looked down at the little infant and gulped heavily, the tears welling up in his eyes. He was still completely mind blown that she did that. It made him so damn angry. If Cole had died, she would have, too. And then he would have. He lived for Cole... Without Cole, he was nothing. (@AvidElmV2)

Johnathan looked up to Cole and nearly cried himself. He covered his eyes with his hand and softly cried to himself. Why did this all happen? I don't know... He told himself. Why do am I the one to guide them? I. Don't. Know. Why do I have to go through with this! "I don't know!" He quickly noticed he had said this out loud and walked off the bus. He leaned against the bus and started to cry even harder.

It wasn't Johnathan's fault. He knew that much, at least.

He slowly stood up and held Cole close, but quickly blinked away the tears. He didn't want to leave Johnathan upset - it wasn't him behind the wheel, even though he wished that it was. He was thinking - maybe he should just leave with Cole and find his own way to some place. So far, it seemed like he'd done nothing but cause emotion.

".. John..." He sighed shakily as he went up and stood beside him. ".. It's... It's okay, alright...? It's not your fault..." He sighed and then looked down at the infant again, gently rocking him. (@AvidElmV2)

Johnathan wiped the tears from his face and stared at the sun. "Yes.. It is. It's my duty to keep you guys safe. If I had reacted quicker, maybe I could have stopped Maria. Maybe if I had took the wheel instead, this wouldn't have happened at all. Oh god, I messed up. I messed up bad." He banged his head on the bus a couple of times before turning to Mark. The sight of him broke his heart. He couldn't manage if Mark died. Or Cole. Or Maria.

".. No, no... You couldn't have done anything about it. She was stupid to do that, I know, but... It's not your fault..." He sighed. "Next time... Just take the wheel, eh?" He shook his head a little and then lifted Cole a little, gently kissing his forehead. At least the little one was alright. That was all that mattered to him - he just wanted to find a nice place to live with him where he could raise him right.

".. And now we have to walk." He sighed. (@AvidElmV2)

(@AvidElmV2)

Johnathan nodded looked around for awhile. "Ya... Lets hope that we can find a working car." Johnathan went back onto the bus and put Maria over his shoulder. "Hopefully she can explain why she tried to kill us when she wakes up." Johnathan started to walk down the road before turning around. "Come on. We need to get moving before nightfall."

Grunting to show that he had listned, and sympathized with him about the money troubles, Connor felt at his clothes. They were damp, now, but not soaked as they had been. "So how the two of you meet." he said suddenly, nodding between him and the woman. "Hopefully it wasn't at gun point. Nasty buisness, that. Why, I nearly shot are large friend over there." This he said with a small wave to (cannot rememver his name, but it's nit Doc or Daniel). "I swore he held a grudge against me for weeks. But then again, I was all sho up by him and the other guards on duty that night."

((@DrTrollinski ))

"I say we find a place to hole up in for the night... That's our best bet." He said as he slung his backpack over his shoulder and took a deep breath, and then made sure that Cole was wrapped up and was nice and warm still. "We stay there, and then in the morning, we make a move out. We ain't finding a working car before nightfall, trust me." He said softly. (@AvidElmV2)

--

(Kendrick)

"It's a long story... Had some savages down in... Kansas. They attacked her, thankfully me and my friends managed to save her before anything else went wrong." He sighed. ".. Our friends didn't actually make it out of that place, but... We've come a long way since then. Been right up the country." He smiled a little. "What about these two, then?" He asked as he nodded at Dominic and Daniel. Daniel didn't say anything, and Dominic just smiled. "Where'd you meet them?" He asked. (@Beowulf)

(Dammit, guys... I am so sorry... I know I said I would stay active and that obviously hasn't happened. I have exams coming up in a few days, and I'm stressed out right now. I will admit I am guilty about neglecting this role play and joining others. I promise though I will reply as much as I can. And I promise I will not break this promise.)

(I won't deny that i appreciate you being honest, but I also won't deny that I'm the slightest bit offended that you joined others without even saying a word here for so long (a month?), but no hard feelings. Please, if you're got got keep that promise - make sure you do. Good luck with your exams. I know the feeling of being stressed over all that and I feel for you - just post when you can and that's fine. @Aryn Harris)

Johnathan nodded before walking back unto the bus. "We might as stay here for the night." He put Maria on one of the seats before sitting in the seat opposite of her. He went into his back pack and pulled out a slim Jim. After he finished eating it, he laid back into the seat and stared up at the roof.

"If you honestly think that's a good idea, sure..." He sighed and then put Cole down on one of the seats and then went and pried the doors of the bus shut with his hands. "Any idea where I can put Cole?" He asked softly. (@AvidElmV2)

Marshall could hear his aunts voice in his head. "There's nothing you could have done." That's what she said, and it played in his mind like some distorted record glitched to repeat itself. The truth is, he could have saved his father... But the little girl... She needed his help. Marshall didn't even know her, but she was only eight years old. How could he turn her away? It didn't really matter now anyway. His dad was gone, and the girl was safe with her mother. maybe that's what it was all for. A chance to save someone else. "I'm sorry... Dad." Marshall whispered the words into the night air and let out one more tear. And with that he was back on his feet. He needed a place to stay for the night, and he hated sleeping outside more than anything. It wasn't the darkness that scared him so much as what lurked inside of it. He wrapped a cloth around the flash light to dim the bright beam. If he did stumble upon something, hopefully it wouldn't notice him this way. And then he came across a bus. Hmm, not really a four star but I guess you'll do. as he approached he swore he heard voices...

Skyler slowly opens her eyes. She had made it the whole night without having nightmares. She smiles softly and looks up at the ceiling, not ready to get up yet. A few minutes later she sighs and stands up and heads to the shower. She quickly showers and climbs out changing into her cargo pants, combat boots, and green shirt. She walks downstairs after putting her hair into a messy bun and walks outside. She crosses her arms as she heads to the diner.

Last edited by a moderator:
"It's a long story. So let's begin." He started at how he used to be close to the edge of savagery, or banditry, being a wild man in the woods nearby a town. Eventually, ge got to his little raid. "Well, I saw them as on my territory. So, I wanted them gone. And I got shot in both my shins for the trouble. I couldn't walk, and would have died out in the cold if one of them didn't come up, knock me out, and drag me into te colony. Doc was the first person I saw. Gave me a good beating, after I spat some blood in his face, but I came round. While I was stuck in a wheel chair, Dominic let me stay in his house. And soon enough I saw his son. Taught some classes while I was their."

(@DrTrollinski )

(@Vidaces, @Aryn Harris - You both need to add a little something onto that just so I can get a reply up :) Hope it's not too much of a problem.)

--

"Quite the story." He smiled. "You've had quite the history, then?" He chuckled a little. "Well... Wherever you were before, I can assure you that it's safe up here... We don't get any of the undead around here, none at all." He smiled. "It's rich in wild game, too, so we won't run out of food any time soon, the only thing we really have to worry about is the vegetables. We need those." He sighed. (@Beowulf

(OMG I had this post ready and I thought I'd posted... I'm so sorry, guys)

(@DrTrollinski, sure thing. Hope it's okay if Marshall comes across the bus (^.^)

--

As he drew closer to the bus, Marshall confirmed it... There were definitely people inside. He slid one hand into the side pocket of his backpack and retrieved a small pistol. They weren't Stalkers, from what he could tell, but if they were scavengers he wouldn't be save either. A scavenger would kill anyone just to loot the body. Not much better than a Stalker. However, if they were people he could bargain with to get some more equipment, it was worth the risk. He only had to bullet shells left. Not enough to keep travelling on. Marshall's heart beat started to increase and his breath became rigid. With a couple taps of his gun on the side of the bus door, he called out. "Is somebody in there? I don't want any trouble!" He heard rustling inside, and he backed away, pistol still in hand.

Jose was sitting at the bar as she entered the diner, and Chef was doing his usual thing in the kitchen. It was strange, something didn't seem right about things all of a sudden - the people looked okay, but everything else? For some reason, it seemed a little worse for wear.

"Good morning, Skyler." Jose greeted, quickly jumping up from his seat to smile at her. Wow, he was certainly perky today. "How did you sleep?" He asked. (@Aryn Harris)

DrTrollinski said:
"Yeah, that's fine by me." Eric shrugged a little and smiled. "If we're done with the first thing before three, we can take him along to the music store and I'll give him another guitar lesson, or something." He explained. In that moment, Carl suddenly came shooting down the stairs and right up to Tom's side, smiling as he tugged on his shirt and started jumping on the spot.
"Let's go, daddy!" He yelled. (@DrCompton)

--

Slowly, they came closer. It was back in the town of the mall, but slowly... Ever so slowly. They'd be here soon.
(@DrCompton - This has been sitting there a while, respond when you've got the time, please :) )

--

"Motherfucker..." Mark whispered quietly as he tucked his gun under his jacket and quickly cocked it - he tucked it under his jacket so he could muffle the noise. Over the past while, he'd become really street-smart. He didn't think he'd suffer after he killed those four men - and he was right. He knew that he did it to protect Cole, and that was the primary reason why he jumped straight to shooting first and then asking questions later. Cole was the most important thing to him right now - and he would be for years to come.

He slowly rose up, and then crawled over to the back emergency door and slowly creaked it open, followed by slowly lowering himself onto the ground. He'd left Cole wrapped up in a little blanket on one of the chairs, so hopefully he'd be okay with Maria and John watching over him. He saw a man standing by the bus doors - he said he didn't mean trouble, but that's what they all said. He was really tempted to shoot him, but maybe this one time he could give him a chance. He didn't look like the man who had killed someone, not willingly, at least - he saw a little glimmer in the man's eyes that seemed to show emotion.

No murderer had that look.

"You! Who are you?!" He called out to him, peeking half of his body around the side of the bus and flicking his head back to get the hair out of his face. He held his Colt M1911 with both hands, aiming it calmly at the man's chest, but remaining on edge. "I swear to god, I won't hesitate to shoot you if you try anything." He said, speaking a little more quietly this time. He didn't want to come across as aggressive. (@Vidaces)

Skyler looks up at Jose when she walks into the diner and gives a small smile. "I actually slept really well. Thanks for asking." She says. "What's got you all perky today?" She asks, and takes a seat in the seat next to his.

Marshall didn't remember about the damned door in the back of the bus. But the way this guy talked sounded more defensive than aggressive. Maybe with some luck he wouldn't get shot... Then again, Marshall was never a very good judge of character. "My name is Marshall." He kept his pistol low but kept his sights on the man behind the bus. "I'm not lookin' for trouble, I just need some supplies. I was hopin' I could bargain with you when I heard you hold up inside this thing." He wanted to say he was alone, just to make this guy feel at ease, but if he did that he was a sitting duck. His only out was a bluff that he came with back up... Which was total bullshit. (@DrTrollinski )

(My Christmas break just began!!! :D )

--

(@DrCompton)

--

"Nothing much." He said, simply. "We really should try and get that wall finished, well, not finished, but we need to at least do some more work on it. It's not safe to leave everything all exposed like it is now... Even simple wood walls are going to do the job well enough, and they should keep some of the corpses out, and some of the people, if they know that this place is occupied." He said. (@Aryn Harris)

--

"Heh..." He muttered. Even though it was dark, Marshall could tell just by the sight of this person, plus by the sound of his voice, that he was indeed dealing with a child, or at least a young teenager. His voice hadn't broken just yet, but it sounded like it was in the process of doing so. "You think we're going to give you some supplies when we're trying to take care of a one-month-old baby?" He asked. ".. How long have you been watching us? Where did you come from?" He asked, his gun finally lowering just a little bit. (@Vidaces) (@AvidElmV2 - You might want to read over the last few replies)

"Umm.... I guess he could lay with me or you." Johnathan rolled over in the seat and closed his eyes. He wasn't trying to go to sleep. Just thinking over the events of the few months. He sighed and started to roll around before he fell onto the floor. "Ow! God... I hate this bus...."

Skyler nods her head in agreement. "I agree. Let me get some coffee first and then we can head over and try and get some of the work done today." She replies, and runs her fingers through her hair. "Actually... I might go for a run before we fix the wall, too. And that run might involve going into the woods." She adds.

(@DrTrollinski )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back