• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
ada.jpgAda
Ada sniffled and cuddled up to her dad, hugging one of her knees at the same time as she sat back up, “I wish I could just take a nap with you, but you’re right. You’re busy. You still have that merc to deal with…” She sighed and sat there with him for a long moment before she finally forced herself to her feet.

“Okay. Can I help deal with the merc with you? It’d be good experience for me. Plus it’d be nice to get my mind off of this stuff. Something to distract myself with. Besides, he DID stab and cut me. Only appropriate I help,” Ada said, putting a hand on her hip. She brushed her hair behind her ear and sighed, “We can go bother the Aphera house together after this issue is done. It’ll be funny to see Oscar’s face all uncomfortable again.”

She went quiet, swallowing down her tears and upset, “I… would like the opportunity to meet my mother… if that’s okay… I don’t care about everything else that much. My mother though… that… I think it’ll eat me up inside. We can look into her and see… all the stuff. I’ll be ok.” Ada shook her hands out and huffed, “Let’s go. I wanna work.”

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Last edited:
Blessed Death

Carmen's attention flitted to Magnus at his grumbling, the corner of her lips upturning in a slight smile. "I should think it is fair to say age is not an absolute indicator of our relationship." The woman's hands folded behind her back as Magnus snapped and his complexion grew pale with a blush, hands gripping opposing wrists behind her back in a professional manner. "My dear Poltergeist, I tease you because I care. If I did not provide you a barb every so often, you'd think I didn't truly appreciate what company you could offer." Attention lazily drifted to Grave Speaker as she spoke, Carmen ever looking disinterested and aloof, though the smile at the edge of her lips remained. "I leave the choice to Magnus on the subject of his meal, as is right, though I can likewise get him food if he's 'hungry', with what I would assume is less cloak and dagger motif. As to the cafe, I suppose I don't mind, though I'd request it not be a place of ill repute." A slow quirk of the brow as the woman followed after the shadow, a dry and sardonic chuckle escaping her. "I do not know if I should be insulted or perplexed that you think I may not employ my equipment as a means of defense as well as offense. I will wrap up my duties here, and we may depart."

a72c1b540ff2ed35b4620b5356528c11.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Djinni Djinni

Olivine Carmine

Olivine glanced over her shoulder towards Chrysie as they walked, a brow quirking upright. "I should think you are strange for finding such basic trivia strange, Miss Keaton. I am familiar with Yak's, for I make it my business to know a great many things, even if they be as basic as a bovine. I do live in Nepal, in the Himalayas actually. I was born and raised in New York, however. Perhaps you shall have a chance to visit my abode one day. And you were chosen for the simple and blunt matter of there are very unpleasant things on the horizon, the likes of which would greatly sadden you. You were narrowed down from a running tally of possible candidates I was considering." A soft 'hmmm' of thought escaped her as she pondered Chrysie's question, hooking a right on their walk to keep pace with her. "Wrong place, right time, I should think. I wanted to be a politician as a young woman, make a difference, or so I told myself. I wound up in the crossfire between outer-reality forces and a Cloak. The High Arbiter before myself elected to give me the choice to study beneath them, which I accepted after I was no longer about to die. It is a long story, and I've only afforded you a brief recollection. It is better spoken of at a later time."

As the duo was sat, Olivine expressed her thanks in traditional Nepali as she reviewed the menu, humming softly. "Kothey Momo is a pleasant start, and I'm actually settled upon ordering the Yak. If you prefer something less experimental, I'd recommend ordering you Cirrata Ko Masu, and cheese naan. If you're still peckish, Gulab Jamun is a pleasing desert to finish a meal with." Olivine had barely glanced at the menu in full, identifying menu items at but a glance as she set the menu's down, folding her hands atop them. "While we wait on our server, do you have further questions? I shall promise you answers, even if they are not immediate." Olivine reached up to adjust her glasses ever so slightly, having replaced her contacts for the large round spectacles.
anime-girl-magician-mage-meganekko-destruction-white-hair-ruins-anime.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Natalie Brenton

Nat waved off the compliment, shooting him a teasing look out of the corner of her eye. "Sure, sure, great job. I look like a newborn colt, appreciate it all the same though, Chutes." Nat hummed thoughtfully as Chutes explained the request to her, a thin frown of concentration on her features. "Problem with that though, love. I can't and I won't help make a shrine. From a theological standpoint, it's against my beliefs. From a 'here and now' standpoint, Agas would absolutely do her best to put me in a coma for a month. I'm happy to help out in other ways, or just help your other portion of 'youness' out, but I can't do the theological thing, hun." Nat moved only to flounder once again, puffing her cheeks in irritation as she struggled to move. "Hope that makes sense, yeah?"
PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Scile watched quietly as Shard left the room, the room now filled with calming tension she let out a small sigh, Even the boisterous Scile gave the room some quite, Shards words may have stung, it may have twisted the knife already in Satos heart, but it was right, those words were ones that carried weight, weight of someone whos lost everything in life except one shred of hope. Shard had opened a small portion of his heart, giving the goddess advice, it was up to her to use it now. Seeing the kids worried face, she walked over and in japanese stated "They are scars child, Your goddess, is blind, I do not know when she received them, or how, but it does not matter now, please look at her no differently, Her love for you has never changed, I only ask your love for her does the same." with a smile she gave a small nod to sato before standing up, turning to James. "......Consider everything you order on my bill. Please, make yourself at home, though it isn't my home. I dont Really live anywhere, well I guess I do technically have a house at shangri-la. But I don't go there often." She said before sitting down at a booth. "Epherial. Blazing Plasm with 2 sprigs of mandagor and a drop of night essence" She added, and in the blink of an eye, the glowing red drink appeared in her hands.

"yeah....Forgetting might be for the best
" Ruru said quietly as she picked up Yami and held her carefully, honestly it was still awkard even now to think about, Especially because all the self loathing and stuff shards had for years finally makes sense to Ruru, He never even told her he was her dad, Merely that he was repaying a debt to take care of her, Even now she still struggled to figure out why.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Sherm Stretched as he detached the last broken microdraulic fiber mesh from kalis suit, Tossing it to the side he turned around to his guests, A young lady and a blond young man. Giving a smile he sat down. "Apologies, the microdraulics tend to not want to detach when broken. I am Sherm Tristan, A pleasure to have you, To what do I owe the visit?" He asked taking a drink of water Secretary had provided. He seemed quite haggard, if not from the work, most likely from the night before. After all, two lovers had been reunited for the first time in over three years. Nevertheless he gladly welcomed them, Sherm rarely turned anyone away from at least a meeting with him, how could he consider himself caring of the people if he wasnt even willing to listen to the people.

Kali Remained quiet as she sipped her tea, She didnt really care who these were. But if they provided entertainment, then all the better.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka

Morgan Adler

Morgan gave a polite and calm nod to Avro, speaking in that ever-calm and matter-of-fact tone as she addressed her. "Of course, Avro then. No need to apologize, the damage to one's psychological profile after death is likely of notable severity. Heightened anxiety levels, as well as a degree of paranoia, could be expected. However, as I am not a psychologist nor therapist, this is simply my understanding of some effects, not a diagnosis." What a whiplash of interaction this must be, she mused. She was so much more straight to the point and monotone, whereas dear Dietrich was much more personable, friendly, and with a spot more energy than she showed. Hopefully, he would be able to assist them in this discussion. "You'll have to forgive me. I'm afraid this is my best attire more often than not, such a shame that I could not look more fitting for meeting two respected geniuses. Dietrich at least brought his best suit." There was no change in the way she said anything, nor any implication to what a statement may mean. By all regards, it was a soft complement to her companion. Though of course, with Dietrich, he may very well may know she didn't mean the suit he was currently wearing...if worst came to worst, they could retrieve the other suit. However, the likelihood of such a necessity was very low.

Morgan's attention drifted to Sherm, boring into him with that heavy gaze before she spoke, another soft nod. "A pleasure to meet you, Mister Tristan. I've eagerly awaited a chance to meet you, you're a rather impressive figure. Very altruistic with a desire to help the world, I respect that. That is much the meaning of this meeting, I should think. There is a social dilemma that is currently ongoing, that unfortunately more people are not aware of. It's truly disheartening, that such sickness has not been treated. I think you, Mister Tristan, and Avro are the most well equipped to handle due to your personal experiences with it. Can you take any guesses to what it may be, Mister Tristan? I do detest this 'tell me what I'm thinking game', but with a man of your intellect, it'll also allow me to identify where your mind often jumps to most when it comes to such dilemmas, identify where your morals lay. I simply wish to ensure you are truly the best fit for this, and I will of course answer if you cannot guess."

Slowly, Morgans gaze settled on Avro once again, somehow much heavier than it had been previously. The look of a woman who most certainly knew too much, who knew what had happened, voice ever polite and calm. However, there was a certain way she spoke, like applying a scalpel to apply an oh-so-small incision...precise, and to the point. "Avro, do you think he's aware? If he's not, may I tell him? Or would you prefer such rights? I do think he should know." It was a simple illusion of choice. Avro could elect to do so, but simply feed him some other problem to occupy his mind. But then, Morgan would simply chime in and say the quiet part aloud. Whatever decision was made, Morgan was making it known today what had truly happened and continued to happen. Sherm and Avro may suspect and know some things, but Morgan would make it a point to inform all parties just how deep this pit dropped.
779733b0db9d81684f89d5d6319f1e54f8855024r1-614-671v2_uhq.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

0D4BC213-1330-4C75-82BB-E0B11BF7DD7D.jpegAvro
“There are millions of social problems going on at any one time. Homelessness. Starvation. Lack of clean water. Climate change. War. Murder. Mental health crises. If you’re talking about ones that more people are not aware of I would think mental health or the powered/non-powered tension going on right now. Maybe drugs? Not many people are familiar with drugs, I suppose… Human trafficking? Oh, I don’t know. But you did say personal experience with it, so now I’m at a loss. Regardless. Hopefully that answer is satisfactory to you,” Avro bemoaned, giving a sweet smile to her and Dietrich.

Morgan’s look toward Avro, though, and her words, they caused her throat to dry. She stole a glance at Panzer. She was right there… Would she try to hurt anyone if she said it…? Probably not.

Avro let go of a shaky breath and looked at Sherm, grabbing one of his hands. She squeezed it, “Sherm… I’m not really being given a choice. And I was going to tell you eventually but I had no idea how to even broach the topic. This is an insane topic. But. Sherm, Panzer is the one that killed me… She stabbed me to death in our bed. O-over and over again… I… was drugged first… and… I think that was the only time I had ever seen a real smile on her face.”

She swallowed, speaking plainly now, like she had shoved her emotions in a little box to deal with later, “Secretary. Do not attack her.”

Avro continued to hold onto Sherm’s hand and looked at Morgan, her gaze much less welcoming now, “So this was your point in coming here? To sow discord into an already extremely dysfunctional family? Panzer murdered me. Kali murdered me. Correct. Are you pleased? I’m not planning on taking her to prison. That’s far to kind. I’m not planning on having her killed either. Likewise, that’s not cruel enough. But Ma’am. I already have a plan. Sherm is a pacifist anyway. I doubt he could stand seeing his sister die no matter how much she has hurt him.”

She rubbed her hand against her face and turned to stare at Panzer, “I’d ask why but I’m pretty sure I already know. Your motivations are painfully simple. I plan to change you. To make you feel your wrongdoings. I hope it’s horrible for you, because you deserve no less.”

“For now though,” she said, turning back to Morgan, “What more do you want? Even if she has murdered more people she’s smart. She has likely kept it to villains. The law cannot touch her aside from through me. Even if she tortured villains before their deaths, the law is still murky and would be on her side. And as I said, I do not plan to take her to prison. My plan can be surmised in one word. Songbird.”

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Kyrenka Kyrenka Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Melita Demas
Melita had just finished collecting 'Odin's soul when the outraged cry of a certain musclebound anthropomorphic creature caught her attention. The hood of the reaper turned to face the King, the Knight was rather...befuddled the humanoid was still able to move despite space and time having completely stopped in this area. So confused was she that his attack landed, leaving him in a pose of a fist outstretched in statue format as Melita went tumbling through the air and unto the ground, slowly raising herself upright, the sting at her cheek and skull rather detestable. "Most peculiar...and quite troublesome." Melita floated upright once again as she clutched her scythe, making quick work of reaping the King's soul as well right before she dropped into her Door once again, the wooden portacle slamming shut and leaving the class room an anomaly of ice.

At Death's request, the Door swung open into the meeting room, the Reaper Knight floating out. Her scythe simply snapped out of existence as she hoisted the soul lantern aloft, gently coaxing the two O.A souls that she had placed inside out into the meeting room before she calmly made her way to Death's side, sitting just a touch close to the Concept and folding her hands in her lap, looking much more demure and reserved than the individual who had so brutally frozen the two individuals to statue's. It was perhaps a bit strange to see, the hooded individual that obviously wielded enough power to freeze everything turned to no more than a quiet feminine figure, features obscured due to her hood and robes. "As requested," she stated softly, going quite silent after such.

Chutes.jpgChutes
Chutes looked confused, “I don’t understand it, but I respect it. I don’t see what building someone a house has to do with religion.” He skated out toward the center, spun around, and skated back. With a soft shhh of ice, he stopped and continued his orbit around her, “And yeah. Definitely a newborn colt. It’s cute though. You’re doing better than I did when I first skated. I couldn’t get back up when I fell, because I slid out onto the middle of the ice. Incredibly embarrassing.”

“Mm…,” he mused, considering, “Is it because your bible book talks about false idols? I can see the concern then. Like I said, I respect it either way. They probably need help with waaaay more than that anyway. They’re a mess.”

Taking her hand he pulled her forward and helped her balance with just a hint of magic, “Here we go. Thats a bit better, yeah?” He pulled her along faster as he skated backwards, “So… where’s that new slightly broken… er… oh saying broken might be a bit harsh. The spirit of vengeance that wasn’t made the same way? Where is she at anyway? I didn’t see her in your hotel room. I worry about what she could get up to if left on her own… and Father Anderson must be extremely busy with all this going on.”

Last edited:
Jade Callahan

Jade, now puppeteering Mia's body, gave a slight huff, a hand cocked on her hip as Mia's body struck may have been the sassiest pose it had ever performed, Jade's mannerisms easy enough to replicate now that she was establishing a connection with motor controls. "A twenty-dollar lunch isn't equivalent to a several thousand dollar sensory deprivation chamber, you know," Jade grumbled in Mia's own voice. "Appreciate the vote of confidence. Your motor control system is extremely advanced with how it's interconnected with your other systems, it's taking some getting used to, this is gonna take a while, I think." When Mia's frame went to move the entire movement was awkward and reminiscent of a possessed individual in a horror film, the gait a little too awkward with each step, and the way her limbs moved was a little more than awkward.

"An internet connection helps me immensely, but it wouldn't be impossible for me to connect. Even if there's a deadzone, so long as there's an electronic and it's not too far out of range, I could in theory jack into it. My power is less so dependent on a connection, and more so the tech itself...I've heard Street Taco's are really good..." As the commandeered Mia frame walked about, the V.I within the body Mia had commandeered ran a new routine. Alert, incoming call. Caller ID: Mom. Would you like to answer?
097a5119b03f31d6df1168f8d305e2df.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Mia.pngMia
Mia couldn’t help but smile internally at her friend, “Jade, your company is easily worth hundreds of thousands to me. Food is just a bonus.” She didn’t even realize how absolutely smooth that was, but she genuinely meant it.

“You’re really doing a great job. You’ve already got a good handle on the vocals. You’ll just be… living in the uncanny valley for a bit. When we’re doing this at longer ranges, I can make you a private port. I’ll just need to be careful and make sure it’s secure. But hey, you can help with that too! You’re really good at all that stuff,” she said, walking around the front of the couch to Jade’s side, looking at her own body. Mia started to offer her hand when she jumped at the phone alert.

“Oh!” she yelped, “Oh shoot. Jade your mom’s calling……. OH I HAVE A GREAT IDEA! If she’s nearby you could go meet her with my body! It’d be a great first try with it outside of the house, and if you’re weird and creepy it’s your mom so she won’t care!”

“Erm. Right. Do you want me to answer the call or… what do I do now? I’m not used to these routines.”

Last edited:
jenny.pngJenny and Angela
"Poppa... I still don't feel good...," Angela complained, sitting on the second bed in the hotel room. Her skin was still glitching like a television skipping, it hurt, but more than that she was trying so hard not to panic again. Panicking seemed to make it worse. She whimpered, shuffling on the bed where she held her knees to her chest, face a portrait of focus, "I don't want the shots... I know they said I should keep getting the shots in case it'd be bad to stop, but... it hurts so much to get them... It makes me feel like my skin's full of static."

Jenny, who had seldom let go of Alexander since yesterday, frowned at her daughter in concern. Her voice was quiet, and she still had on those sunglasses Jewel had given her, everything was still far too much for her poor senses, "Angela, sweetheart... I know you hate it. I'm sorry. I wish I could've protected you."

"No... Momma, it's not your fault. You couldn't keep yourself safe, much less me," Angela said. Both his girls were feeling pretty sorry for themselves, but they were safe... and they were alive. Angela took a deep breath and tried to focus on her hands, the glitchy vibration focusing itself at her hands as darkness tried to lick around the edges of her skin. She had been doing this for the past few hours since she woke up. They were both so tired they slept like rocks, even Jenny, who was usually a morning person. Angela couldn't keep it up and lost her focus again, wincing.

"Oh, hon... don't hurt yourself...," Jenny muttered, squeezing Alexander's arm in worry, "We should try taking her to a doctor or something..." She knew there would be no doctor for her. There was none for her husband. Going through this again... God... it was bad enough when her husband had the accident. Between the mafia and... dying... and that horrible demon... now this... Jenny felt her eyes wet again, tears trickling down her cheeks silently, "I think we should all go somewhere... Alex, Hunny, we both still really need help... Neither of us are well. I'm finally aware of... everything again... but Lord knows how all this has affected me. Not to mention... mentally... Are you going to be able to handle giving her a shot when it's so painful for her...?"

"I... I'll be fine. I can manage. I don't want to worry you guys anymore."

Glass, at the House of Kain

Every. Single. Item. From the baubles to the coat rack, down to the individual shelves and even the "front desk". Every individual thing in the store was stripped out and placed outside, taking most of the day and more than one moving truck. The last truck moved away, off to the outside of her prison. From there, one of her employees crafted a metal box with magic that could only be opened with magic; not to mention the stun gun-armed guards surrounding it... who were warned about any approaching strangers that couldn't give the proper code.

Clapping her hands with satisfaction and sighing, she set about her next task; talking to the boss. After using a Touch Reading spell, she could determine a fair few things about the master of this domain. It was the domain itself, and it has no particular goals other than causing chaos. It guaranteed compliance by torture. The objects in the House were random it seemed; some were genuinely cataclysmic, some others simply caused bad luck. It was able to create new relics of any variety at will it seemed... yet it was still highly possessive of its stock. It could also use anything that could reasonably be considered a door. This seemed oddly specific for a being so powerful... but that spoke of limits to its power. One thing that caught Glass' eye, however, was that it seemed no one had ever interfaced with the house directly. Never spoke to the manager as it were.

She would see to changing that.

Setting about her work as she hummed, Glass created a golem, and imbued it with the functions needed for speech. Time to play, then. "Well, would you look at that. Nothing else to take. Maybe I could be convinced to return some of it..." she pondered out loud, clearly eyeing the golem, waiting for it to come to life... though it was a delicate creation. No doubt the House could alter it, but Glass wasn't concerned; she feared no gods nor men, even if it would be wise.

1655356052046.png
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Elementa and Magnus
“Heeeeeeey Tesssss! It’s Rose… So… um… interesting thing happened. I uh… killed someone… but they lived!! Never really had that happen like this before… Uh… it counted for my power. I can feel that it counted. Which I mean usually if there’s a civilian that had a heart attack or something it doesn’t work with that… so… I mean I guess the difference is that I think he was possessed?”

“Oh! Right. Sorry. Uh… so I tasered somebody, but apparently they had a pacemaker. And like a really old pacemaker, too. Didn’t work quite right. Yeah, we resuscitated him… So I’m not really sure what happened with his soul since my power kinda takes a chomp out of it. He’s at the hospital now. I just kinda want your help with that whole mess.”

“Like what the hell does that even MEAN for his soul??? Is he gonna be okay? The whole reason you get angry at me for it is because of what it does to souls! Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy, but I’m trying not to be happy because I feel bad for this poor bastard.”

“Not to mention, Glass has been doing something weird. She’s got a whole ass moving truck and filled it with weird artifacts that came from this guy - now a girl, the possession moved when he died. And she just drove off with it. Dunno what that’s about. This day has been fucking strange. Can I meet you somewhere for a late lunch?”

Elementa was worried and anxious, and that unfortunately meant she was loud and she spoke quickly. Magnus lazily watched Tessa as she had this phone call, periodically switching focus to the ferret spirit creature. It struggled to control itself, but managed to split the meal evenly despite absolutely not wanting to. Once it was done it climbed back up Tessa and rested around her shoulders like a full and satisfied scarf.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Djinni Djinni

Ariah & Thomas Black

Ariah folded her legs in front of herself as she rested her hands atop her knee, face ever twitching with annoyance at the sensations she was forced to endure in this body. "Of course, I appreciate you respecting my position on this."

Thomas gave a small sigh, nodding as he held the phone to his ear. "Yes, I'm aware. And yes...the explosion is the root cause of many issues lately. I'll see about coming over to your abode as quickly as I can, then. I'm not going to be coming alone...I have my-..." he paused, glancing at Tabby, realizing just how bad 'handler' would sound. "My friend, and my daughter with me. I appreciate the help, Robert, seriously." As the call ended Thomas gave a long and slow exhale, offering Dr. Böhmer his phone back as he leaned back into his chair, resting his other hand across his eyes to block out the light...he was getting a stress-induced headache, he was pretty sure.

Ariah's features flashed to annoyance, less of the light expression she'd been demonstrating since her entry into this body and something more of a genuine annoyance and confusion on her features. "Thomas and Juliet held by the federal government is...curious, and doesn't make much sense, frankly. I can understand your anger, and I am perturbed as well, but I will reserve my judgment until I have full access to all pieces of this puzzle. Generally speaking, the United States Government may be shady, but they oft act for a certain reason for their shadiness. This is highly illegal as you've said, however, and I could very well end up being dissected on an operating table if the federal government feels I have become a threat to national security, and worse could befall you for aiding, abating, and requesting me to do something like this...However, given circumstances, and my own curiosity, I am willing to assist. I am most curious as to why Thomas and Juliet would end up in such a position. This might take a few moments, I will be exercising utmost caution in this endeavor. I have no interest in being labeled a government threat."

Thomas glanced down to Selene, resting a hand on her shoulder and giving it a small squeeze. "I'm doing everything I can so we can get your mom, sweetie...it's just going to take time, even though I wish it wouldn't."
latest
ariah-human-jpg.985545

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Tessa Ledo

Tessa considered for a moment, letting out a quiet hmm. "I suppose I did presume there, Blessed Death. My apologies. Either way, I would be quite interested to see Magnus' thoughts on the cuisine I have in mind. I can't tell because it's simply not entirely my secret to share," she explained, opening a portal to a holding area on Earth where spirits waited to discuss the city in detail with the spirits brought to them... and to help restrain some beings should it be needed. Then she began to have telepathic conversations with the barely conscious ghosts, encouraging them to go through the portal. They'd be in a rehabilitative center for some time, she suspected... "If you might convince them to go through that portal, it'd be greatly appreciated. Consider it... spirit triage. An assessment center to see what needs done to get them back into good shape, so they may adequately be able to choose to pass on."

At the same time, though, she got a phone call. "Just a moment. I'm getting a call," she declared as spirits began to migrate over to the portal. Touching the bluetooth piece on her cheek, the speaker activated, albeit quietly. Rose, otherwise known as Elementa, seemed unusually distressed. She'd bring the woman along to their meal, Tessa decided; she could use some comfort... though goodness knew why she'd be turning to Tessa for that. She "mhm"d and "uh huh"d her way through the conversation before she concluded with a request for foodstuffs. How'd she know? Tessa wondered with a chuckle. "Calm yourself, Rose. Anyone in earshot now knows the nature of your abilities. You should learn to control your volume, kid. Either way, assuming that Blessed Death is okay with it," she said awaiting a nod, "you are welcome to join us. Meet us at The Devil's Tail cafe. I have some wrapping up to do first." As Elementa explained the coincidence of that, Tessa simply gave her a "hmm". "We'll see you there."

As calm as she acted, Tessa wasn't really sure what happened to his soul; she'd have to see him herself, and possibly do some reading on the subject. She doubted it was a singularly rare phenomena, people lost parts of their souls all the time, but it was worth a look given the unique nature of the case.

When she hung up the phone, she closed her eyes and focused more on the conversations she was having with barely aware spirits. "That was just someone I help mentor every so often on her abilities. She seems to see me in something of a motherly role, though I couldn't possibly imagine why... either way. Do you suppose you could manage the two young heroes while I clean up the bulk of them?"

1655436215677.png

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
Carmen Schwarz

"It is the Poltergeist's decision on whatever meal he should partake in. Apology accepted, though ultimately not needed I should suppose. Outside of Magnus and myself, no one truly knows the extent of my skillset with my wires, so your suggestion was in good faith." Carmen slipped a hand into her suit as she produced the same bible she had used for her prayer earlier, weighing it carefully in her hand as she glanced at Tessa. "As you say then, Gravespeaker. As to the portal, I will present it as an option in my counseling. Call me terribly old-fashioned." Carmen hummed softly as Tessa took her phone call, glancing toward Magnus. "My dearest Poltergeist? If you would be a dear, could you do the usual routine and speak with the spirits as well? We've no telling how long the good Miss's phone call will last."

Eavesdropping was terribly rude, and more so the place of a street urchin you'd pay a euro to for the latest gossip than one such as herself or Magnus, and as such she promptly made a bit of distance between her and Tessa to begin to speak with one of the more conscious of the spirits who didn't look quite sold on a sudden portal to heaven knew where. Though hearing her death, even if she hadn't been paying attention to the one-sided conversation, Carmen glanced over and raised a brow before giving a calm nod. Though at the decision at to where they'd be going for lunch a soft sigh and shake of the head was earned from the brown-haired woman. "Devils Tail Cafe? Truly, such an abysmal name. Electing to name yourself after devils and demons never lead to anything good. Next, you'll tell me it's run by an actual demon, I should think?"

Carmen's attention returned to the spirit who all of a sudden simply faded out, Carmen giving a simple nod as the ghost 'passed on', what counseling she had offered during the modest length phonecall having served its purpose to allow them to release their bindings to the mortal realm and pass onward. At the comment of a 'motherly role' a little smile spread at Carmen's lips once again as she made her way towards the stairs to speak with the departed heroes. "I could easily imagine why. A firm belief you're always in the right, ever so gently nagging in your own little way? Full of secrets you won't share, ever exasperated with those who won't listen to you? Dear Gravespeaker, you check many boxes. I was actually about to offer counsel to the young heroes, and to those I could. As promised, I will present your portal as an option."

Between all parties, removing the spirits from the haunted estate shouldn't have taken too terribly long, and by the end of it all Carmen would have once again reconvened with all parties. Some she spoke to chose Tessa's portal, some she convinced to release their grip on the mortal plane through simple counsel and discussion. Whatever the means had been, the spirits were no longer present. Though with such lengthy discussions, she was rather parched, putting her bible back into her suit to produce a simple flask gilded with a silver inlay, taking a slow sip of the water inside before putting it away as well. "Now then, we may depart as you see fit."
a72c1b540ff2ed35b4620b5356528c11.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Djinni Djinni

Alexander Smith

It'd been such a terribly surreal time, reality felt a little less real than it usually did, and for him, it hardly felt real at all half the time. He had his family back, and all he could think of is making sure they were safe. Making sure they were safe and making sure they were happy. He wanted to get them an actual home, he wanted to get them furniture, to cook them a hot meal. He wanted to give them everything back, everything that'd been stolen from them, but he couldn't...not right away. They deserved their old home, but it was a matter of buying the damned thing once again! They deserved exact replicas of every piece of furniture they had owned, but he couldn't remember half of the models or designs anymore! Even more, pressing was Angela's condition, one he knew worryingly little about despite living with it. He had been fully immersed in it from the get-go, she seemed to be suffering it in stages. So many years to himself, and he still had more questions than genuine answers about how he worked, how it worked. "I know hunny. I'm sorry, just try to stay calm. You have to focus on being calm, or it gets worse."

Alexander was practically glued to his wife ever since he had her back, constantly keeping her within arms reach or an arm wrapped around her, holding her hand, like not having her within five feet of her might cause her to slip away once again. "Neither of you apologize, you have nothing to be sorry for. If anyone let anyone down here, I let you both down. And I won't do that again." Alexander frowned, lips pursed tight as he glanced between his wife and young daughter, returning the squeeze to Jenny's shoulder. "Hun..." He didn't have it in him to say the obvious, the blatantly painfully obvious truth...there was no doctor for this. There was no treatment, no fix, no cure, no medication, no science that he knew of that could help him or Angela. "Hey, hey...no tears. None at all, okay? I'll get this taken care of, okay? That's my job, after all, to take care of my family." Right, that was his job...to protect his girls. To give them the lives they always deserved. Everything else was secondary, nobody else mattered in life except these two. Not a single soul in life mattered outside of these two.

Alexander paused as he considered his answer, a free hand raising to his chin to tap a finger against it for a few moments. "I hate giving her these shots, I seriously do...but there's a strong chance not giving it to her could make things a lot worse. She's been introduced to an otherwise alien factor to her physiology...something that is frighteningly little understood...I hate giving them to her, but it's the safest thing to do, in a wretched case of irony. Beyond that...I want to get you both the help you deserve and need. And I will see what I can't do, I assure you. I love you both, and I will not let you suffer." Even as he spoke he was wracking his brain for information, individuals, anyone who would be able to be of assistance with...anything.
unknown.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Jade Callahan

"I hope you mean my personal company, and not my business," she joked, Mia's voice a somewhat sardonic and teasing tone as she continued to slowly walk back and forth in an effort to get used to the systems in Mia's frame, apparently interested in buying a condo in Uncanny Vally with how she moved, attention landing on the body Mia had commandeered. "I can guarantee you, it is not intentional for me to look so damn creepy. I'd be willing to help with making a 'private port' but...Mia, your frame is super-advanced, and I think Dr. Dantiff would be enraged if I tampered with it. If I had time, I could probably understand it...this is just a highly advanced frame, not you. I can't design an A.I, even if I wanted to, but I know frames...but creators get upset if you tamper with their designs. Speaking from experience."

Mia's body slowly started to reach out to take the accepted hand, freezing up as Mia's attention jumped to something entirely new. Something so entirely outrageously unplanned for that Jade's connection to Mia's body cut almost instantly, Mia's frame dropping to the body in an awkward jumbled mess of limbs at odd angles, like a marionette one had severed the strings off. "Why's my mom calling!?" Jade's mother had a very strict routine of when she called her daughter, to the point they scheduled it like clockwork. Admittedly, that was Jade's own doing. After all, being swamped with company board meetings, designing schematics and the latest VI's, public outreach, the only way to actually get a phone call from her mom and have a chance to answer it was with scheduled time blocks. "Mia, please answer the phone on speaker phone, alright?"

As soon as Mia did as requested Jade gave a soft sigh before speaking up, voice drifting back to its default cool tone. "Hey mom, whatsup? We don't have a schedule for calls today." There wasn't even a brief pause as the call proceeded in natural form, Mrs. Callhan's voice having a definitive Scottish gaelic lilt to it, though most certainly understandable. "Hey, how's my lil gemstone doing? I know we don't have a scheduled day, but one of your front desk folks let it slip that Miss Ariah is out of the house right now, and I know how you get can get a little down when no one's around. So I decided to come and visit to spend some time with my daughter!" Jade stared dead ahead, face growing a beautiful crimson at the nickname. "Mom, I've got company, please don't call me that right now. I was doing something, can we reschedule?" "Ah well...that's a touch awkward." "Why's that?" "I'm in the elevator right now, be in after I finish cleaning protocols, gimme like thirty?" Jade stared dead ahead for a few more moments before nodding, speaking up. "Sure thing, see you then. Love you." After the refrain of 'love you too' the call was disconnected Jade gave a small sigh, staring at Mia. "Ready to meet my mom, then? Reschedule this?"
097a5119b03f31d6df1168f8d305e2df.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Tessa Ledo

Seeing the young woman's reluctance with the name, this managed to get a slight chuckle from the shadow. "I know little about the owner. I have seen no indicator that he is a demon, however," she said as she conducted her mental directions. Between everyone, it didn't take long to get them all taken care of, though the only thing that Carmen got in return was a long look and a sigh. She was very annoyed with the implication, and was still convinced that she was wrong... but also couldn't deny that this very response only validated her claim. This only annoyed Tessa more. What nonsense.

"Time to go, then," she said, slashing the air to open a portal to the restaurant in question. On the other side of the portal was none other than Elementa herself, sitting at a table.

1656801704585.png
ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
Natalie Brenton

Nat gave a simple shrug as she struggled to maintain herself upright on the ice, alternating between 'acceptable' levels of terrible to 'nearly doing the splits' level of clumsy. Whereas Chutes was quite comfortable and had no issues thus far skating. If he wanted to, he quite literally could have skated circles around Natalie. "You know, I thought I might have the slightest hint of how to do this, used to skateboard as a lil tyke. This is a whole different kind of beast though, yikes," she mumbled with a slight laugh, forcing herself upright once again to continue the conversation at hand. "Yeah love, the 'bible book'...bible book...God why's that sound excessively funny when ya say it like that? Coulda just said bible and the message woulda been clear, love," she teased between soft snickers she silenced herself after a moment after Chutes started to pull her forward, suddenly finding it much easier to stay upright. "She was left at the Church, with Father Anderson. I'd figure he'd have a good job at keeping an eye on her...though...eh, he is rather busy as of late," she mumbled, features turning to one of concentration. "Though now I am a touch worried as well by the prospect something might have happened."
PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

Deathkitten Deathkitten

daltli1-2588b141-0217-4b04-b241-6f8b581c315e.pngUnagi looked down ashamed at herself hearing Hannyas words. Cyri titled her head before she paused looking in the air, before turning back and forth as if she was talking with herself. "hmm? Okay. sure sis!" she chimed to herself. "Umm Miss UNagi, can you step outside for a moment. my sister wants to talk to Hannya alone." she asked politely as she grabbed a hoodie, putting it on. "huh? uhh okay sure" Unagi said confused as she didnt see anyone else in the room. But quickly stood up and left the room. Awkwardly sitting outside the room. Waving to the various trails of bugs. Cyri meanwhile put the hoodie on and rolled her head back sighing, her hair seemed to get darker as her eyes changed purple. Her entire demeanor changed. "You can call me Aranea..... I'm Cyri's sister.... Hannya, thanks for at least coming with Unagi to visit, shes a big weeb." she crawled back into her bean bag chair. "....Hannya, let's make a deal. You came to LA to seek out swordmasters, right? Im the best info gatherer in LA. You cant even cough in this city without me knowing it..... I can give you their addresses. In exchange... stick close to Unagi, protect her, give her strength. What do you say. Deal?" she asked extending out her hand with a slow smile.

robert dantif.jpgRobert, Selene, and Tabby
Robert ran his fingers through his hair in stress and sighed, staring at the phone, "Yeah. You're right. I know you're right. I just... hate thinking about that. We'll have to see why this is going on and decide what to do from there, but at the very least we need to help Juliet and their kid out. They don't deserve whatever is going on, even if Thomas is dangerous to be around like he says he is. Whatever happened to him in that accident, we can come up with solutions - and better solutions than whatever the government is doing... Damn bastards."

He sighed again and stared off into space, "I'm so damned tired of everything, Ariah. Sometimes... I just... want it all to stop." Robert moved over to the kitchen, "I'm going to get some things ready. Be careful, hon, not that I need to tell you that. Thank you for helping, but know you still don't need to if you don't want to. I'm able to myself, just not as fast as you are."

Selene nodded at her dad and looked over at Mary, curious about the girl, "So... why did he ask you here?"

"He said she's a speedster hon, and a good young woman. She's clearly a bright young mind, too. So it's beneficial to have as much help as we can safely get," Tabby answered for her, smiling awkwardly, "Anyway... let's get going. Thank you, Doctor."

"Of courze. Not ein broblem. I vill talk vith Mary more apout zome zings ve could do to help. Ko ko. Vu schould hurry."

Odin

Odin snapped awake. What was...? When...? One moment she was fighting the reaper, the next she was... in this strange meeting room looking space. Inside was the reaper in question, and beside them... Odin paled. Shit. Fuck. This was... this was bad... Odin had no doubts in her mind. This woman was Death herself. There was no fighting her. Especially not in her own domain. Best to take the implied offer and take a seat, pulling one out for King as well.

"I am not angry. I fully expected to die in the line of duty. To do so to such a powerful foe is far from the worst way to go... that it was painless didn't hurt that either. I guess my only question is... what now?"

Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back