• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Sunnybrooke (Harvest Moonish/Rune Factory-ish roleplay)

amdreams

Black Market Witch

Rating: PG13 - T
Genre: fantasy, slice of life, adventure?
Spots Available: max of 10 active households at one time
Post Requirements: No constant one liners and posts should be generally readable/understandable.
Reservations: not accepting reservations

Sunnybrooke
Premise
Welcome to Sunnybrooke. A quiet farming town where everyone knows each other's names. Some families have been here for generations, from the farmers to the mayor and even the shopkeepers. Others have just moved here from other parts of the country. But all are ready to make a living here. How will your story go? Will you stay in Sunnybrooke and raise a family? Or will you move to the big city? Will you make friends? Enemies? Love? Well, that's up to you?

The general idea I had for this roleplay was a Harvest Moon or Rune Factory sort of story in the beginning. Small rpg farming town. People form bonds, live their lives, etc. But slowly more fantasy type elements are added as the townspeople discover the magical roots of their old town. I have a general idea about the story, but I can't plan the arcs, main and side, out fully until I get a look at the characters.

There will be optional roles like mayor, farmer, teacher, shopkeeper, student, etc.

I plan for this rp to last 2 rp years, so 120 IC days. If anyone would like to extend it, it must be discussed before the 1 year mark.

About the RP
  • There is nearly no combat in this rp. There may be some cases where some townspeople will have to defend against, like, bears or something, but any combat focused characters or characters with combat abilities that don't suit the setting will be denied. Because they have no place in the story.
  • All characters will be normal humans. No supernatural races. No magic. No powers.
  • I want the rp to have a generally lighthearted tone, at least in the beginning, though it can deal with more serious subjects. So I will deny any characters that seem ill suiting, be it because of a background "too dark" or a personality that doesn't fit the setting. Like "psycho" characters.

Please let me know if anyone is interested and I'll finish the town map.

I love the setting! It's rare to find a Rp that doesn't focus on more overly dramatic themes. This one however, looks like it would just be pure fun!

Sounds like a nice slice-of-life style rp that I could definitely get into. Although I'm not exactly familiar with Harvest Moon or Rune Factory, I hope that won't be an issue

Honeyed Tea Honeyed Tea
It's no issue. It's sort of like the games but also nothing like the games? They're basically farming dating sims? With rpg elements in Rune Factory.

It won't be all slice of life though. Especially in the later half, there's more of a plot and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back