• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Slayers: Modern Maniacs

"Yea... Anything for you beautiful." He said this as he got up, not wanting to hear her completely reject any other chances to talk. He was dumb to think any girl like her would want to spend time with a self centered jock, she was smarter then that. He gave her a fake smile, for he was torn, and he walked towards the door.

Jane smiled softly after he left. She put the drawing away and went to throw away her garbage. Humming softly to the song playing in her earbud.

Takao with his food in hand walked over and saw Jane alone again. "Hey Jane are you ok..? I saw Luke leave looking upset..What happened..?"

"I'm alright. I think he's just sad that I'd rather not spend my time talking to a lughead jock." Jane said. "And while I appreciate him checking up on me, I can handle myself." She said. Jane's a tough cookie, a WALL. How anyone could break her down...well, it's almost impossible.

"Ya know..That stereotype is so cliche with people like him. They act all sweet and stuff but they are very misunderstood. Luke is a good guy, Hes my friend and whether you like it or not he is your friend too. Jane, Luke really likes you and I can tell. You have to go talk to him and at least give him a chance to show you that hes not the big mean jock that you think he is. I gotta go eat, Ill see you later sis." Takao smiles and walks back to the table with Terra.

Jane sighed at Takao's words. He could be a good guy, but...gahh, why think about this? It's the second day of school, should be drama-free. She thought. She shook off the feeling and decided to spend the rest of the lunch period somewhere else. She walked out of the cafeteria and began making her way for the schoolyard, where she would sit on the the rim of the huge round fountain outside.

Amelia returned to her table after getting a chicken patty from the lunch line. She looked at her food and moved it around on her tray, nibbling here and there, but she just didn't feel like eating. She didn't feel like doing anything, really. She took one last bite of her chicken patty and told her friends she would meet up with them later. After dropping off her tray, Amelia decided to head to the band room and start warming up for band. The light was on in the band teacher's office, but the door was closed. Amelia figured it would be okay to practice, so she reached into her bag for her flute and piccolo. She pulled her hand out holding an old book, one of the books from the Pit she had taken out last night. She must have forgotten about it.

Looking around to make sure Mr. Grey wasn't snooping around for some reason, Amelia opened the book to see what was inside. It seemed completely ordinary, but fascinating at the same time. "Dangerous?" Amelia asked herself with an inward smile. "It's a book, Mr. Grey," she said, feeling like he was totally overreacting. She couldn't read any of it, but she was observing the images and magic circles within.

Luke was already outside, resting under the tree, writing in his journal. Takao's words to Jane weren't wrong, but like someone on the second day, highly unlikely. But she was different, and so was Luke, a jock was probably the most opposite word to call him. He was sweet, and while he was a huge flirt, he did want to establish a real connection with someone, although it never happened.

Jane planted herself on the edge of the fountain. She just popped her earbuds in and began listening to music. She kept thinking what Takao said. It was eating away at her. She shrugged off the thoughts and just listened to her music in peace. There were a couple of other students outside, also choosing to spend the rest of lunch period outside. She sat back and relaxed, glancing at the small circles of friends around her, as well as a few couples, and a kid under a tree. Wait...that's Luke. She thought. She sighed and turned her back to his direction.

Takao Sits back down at his table and drinks the milkshake he bought earlier. He looked toward Terra (@CloudKitteh ) and smiled a bit. "I wish Jane saw that Luke really does care and that he isn't the guy she thinks he really is.."

Jane didn't may much attention to anything around her. Just the music blasting in her ears. She remembered her Ring of the Slayer was still in her pocket. She pulled it out and started to observe it. The stone in the middle of the silver band of the ring glistened slightly in the sunlight. She was about to put it on before she realize; Wait...this would make me invisible to everybody else...better leave it off...it'd be weird if they saw a floating pair of headphones and a backpack flying in the halls. She thought. She placed it back in her pocket. 
(@Huntrey @KroNicc115 @MysticPisces @CloudKitteh @Beowulf We all died xp)

(I have a plot-oriented moment in store and I'm waiting so I can get everyone on board at the same time, lol #needposts xD )

Luke had once again flourished his feelings onto a piece of notebook paper, taking up an entire sheet with corresponding pictures for each. The shade felt nice and gave him a sense of comfort, something he hadn't felt in quite some time. His page was a mixture of the idea of slaying monsters, and his feelings towards his comrades.

The first part was if this slaying monsters was even sensible, which it came out to be a no. The whole idea of being a Slayer was to protect people from monsters, but if this means putting himself at risk is it worth it? That answer was weighed out as a yes, for he was one for the greater good, and protecting those who need him. As for the probability of surviving, it was high, for they had plenty of weapons and fighting abilities, and Grey had magic in which they would no doubt be bestowed with.

Now the comrades he had were another story, all varying in reliability. Takao was very different, for as it was seen he is only driven by "love", and is judgmental. On the first day he had already marked Jane as beautiful without even meeting her, given Luke thought the same, but now he was more curious to meet her emotionally before tricking his heart yet again. Amelia on the other hand was quite warming to anyone, as long as they were proper and handled good manners. While this is all good and well, it also shows her higher expectations with people she has just met, knowing this, it is safe to assume she is very easy to predict. Now Conner is a nerd, round and round, but is also very distant, meaning that while he may be trusting he might have his own intentions. Terra seemed like the most kindhearted in all the group, for she was genuinely their lifeline with her medical expertise. And of course Jane, the resistant tomboy and the fearless co-leader, who was inevitably causing a tear in their friendship.

With all of this in mind he layed back, enjoying the peaceful shade, and the short part of lunch that was left.

(HAPPY!?)

(I can't help but feel bad! You guys are awesome, never forget that)

Over the loudspeakers of the school, the principal announced: "Takao Kieran, Jane Romano, Amelia Larson, Conner McKinley, Luke Anderson, and Terra Zhao, please report to Mr. Grey's room immediately." He announces, repeating it one more time. Jane got up and wondered why she'd be called until it hit her...Slayer business? But during school? She shook off the thought and started her walk to Grey's classroom.

Takao heard all of their names be called and he jumped when he hear Mr. Grey. What could the need them for anyway? "Umm come on Terra (@CloudKitteh ) Lets go see what he want I guess.." He stands up and walks with Terra to his room, The room was empty for no one had arrived yet.

Jane walked into Mr. Grey's room, waving slightly to Takao and Terra and sitting on a desk. "Think it's Slayer business?" She asked to fill the silence as they all waited for the others.

Takao looked over to Jane. "I mean why else would he call us in right? Seems like a good accusation to me. But during school?"

Luke closed his journal and took the short stroll to Mr. Grey's classroom, giving the usual waves. He entered the room, sitting behind Jane, "Hey beautiful." It was only a hint of Luke's normal voice.

Jane shrugged. "Maybe he just misses us all." She said in order to break all the confusion with a little humor. After Luke walked in and said 'hi' to her, she ignored the beautiful comment and simply responded with; "Hey."

When Amelia heard the announcement, she jumped. Then she heard her name and Mr. Grey's room. How could he have known about the book? It didn't seem possible, and yet the laws and rules governing possibility no longer were within her grasp, it seemed.

Reluctantly, Amelia strolled into Mr. Grey's room, but not before she had hidden the strange old book safely in her locker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back