• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Slayers: Modern Maniacs

"It-it-it's just a reference book!" she said to Mr. Grey in a huff. "I was reading it and forgot to put it back when I left to go..." Amelia said a bit too loudly. She looked around to make sure nobody was listening. "I went back and burned the corpses," she whispered harshly to her teacher. "I didn't want to walk back across town, so I went home. Is that so bad?" she asked incredulously. She couldn't believe he was getting so angry. It was just a reference book. She stormed out of the class. What was wrong with everyone today?

Terra caught sight of Amelia storming out and tried to catch up to her. This was unusual. Being with the group had certainly changed some part of her personality. But that wasn't the point, Terra needed to ask Amelia some things.

Conner quickly walked out of class. He didn't need to rush to class, but better safe than sorry. As he walked to his next class, he saw Amelia storming around for some reason or another. Deciding to see what was wrong, he walks beside her and asks, "What got you all angry?"

"Conrad," she sighed, stopping to lean against the lockers, hand on her head. There was a lot that was making her angry. "Does any of this make sense to you?" she asked him hopefully. "I mean, one day everything is normal and then the whole world gets turned upside down. How do you... cope with this?" she asked, her eyes tearing up.

Terra looked at Amelia and stood awkwardly to the side. Maybe I'll ask her later. she thought, saddened. I can wait..

Jane kept thinking about what she told Luke (@Huntrey ) and Takao (@KroNicc115 ) just a few moments ago. She rested her chin in her hands on her desk. She glanced at all her fellow freshmen walk into the classroom.

Luke was already in debate class, striking up an argument about the state of the union. It was very heated, but inevitably Luke lost, for his mind was somewhere else. Jane was just too difficult to comprehend, and it made him comprehend more, a paradox.

The girl started heading to the Library, and to the Medical Section. Picking out a few guides and books, she sat down at an empty table and poured herself over the contents. Terra's hand moved swiftly as she took notes on the best healing tactics.

Takao arose from the tap on his shoulder and didn't even realize who it was until he looked up and saw Terra rushing out of the room. hehe thanks. He grabbed his stuff and walked out of the room and wanted to look for Terra. He went to her next class and saw she wasn't there. The library maybe I'll try. He headed toward the Library and saw her inside. Opening the door he walked over to where she was and tapped her on the shoulder. Almost exactly like she did to him

Jane was writing down some basic things about English, stuff she already knew. What a simile was, how to tell a metaphor from a simile, etc. She wasn't really learning anything she didn't know, she began to grow bored and started sketching an image of her, Luke, Terra, Takao, Conner, an Amelia all together, in a more....'badass' setting as Slayers, though to everyone who would see this drawing it would just appear she like to draw a lot. Everyone was looking proud, almost uniform together, the drawing took her mind off of telling Luke and Takao what she told them. She smiled softly as she drew them all.

Terra looked up and saw Takao. "S-sorry for waking you up earlier," she murmured to him, brushing the books aside to make some space for him. The girl looked down and tapped her thigh, unsure of his reaction.

Takao kept looking over to the books on medicine as he tapped Terra (@CloudKitteh ) on the shoulder 
(I hate the notification system forget that last message)

Takao smiled and look at her. "Nah don't worry about it, I needed to get up anyway." He sat down by her and leaned over to look at the book she was reading. "So what is this book on??" Blush began to wipe across his face once he got closer to her.

"J-just the basics of what you need to use and do in emergencies. Nothing much," she replied, her face red. "Here, you can take a look at it if you want." She continued to make a list of supplies she might have to carry for their assignments.

He looks at the book and really starts reading it trying to get an idea of what a medicinal experience is like. "This is actually pretty interesting." Takao smiled and looked at her making the list. He opened up another book and began to read it. Different types of medicine.

"I guess..." she replied, surprised that he was interested in the stuff. "I don't know if I'll be able to learn it all before the next assignment, though." Terra read over her list and frowned. Some of the much needed items weren't accessible to her, and they were key components to having an emergency medical kit.

Jane finished the drawing of her and the other Slayers in about 10 minutes. She'd drawn everyone as she'd seen them, Terra as a the small timid medic, Takao as the gunslinging forseer, Luke as the 'brutish' leader, Conner as the walking brain with a shotgun, and Amelia as the other brain who wasn't the most active member in combat. (Hehe, just to show her thoughts toward Amelia, but @MysticPisces is awesome xD ) And drew herself as the femme fatal of the team.

Takao shuts the book and smiles looking at her. "Well then tell me what ya need Doctor Terra, Your assistant is ready to help! Besides have a medicinal expert on the team is a great addition, and If I got hurt I wouldn't want anyone else to help me besides you."

Terra blushed madly. "I-I'm not that experienced and I'l probably panic in the middle of the battle, so I'm not much use. This is just for backup." Well, I hope I don't have to use any of the stuff the books are telling me. She turned her head and burned imaginary holes in the walls of the library.

"Still I suppose it just helps to know. Maybe the books in the pit have some medical information in them too, why don't we both go look later after school." He smiles again and shuts the book that he is reading and looking over toward the clock. 2nd period was ending soon.

"That'd be nice," she smiled softly at him and prepared to put the books back. "Well, I've got to get to class. See you?"

Takao smiles and helps her put the books away. "Yep, I'll see either at lunch or later this afternoon."

"Okay!" Grinning, she picks up her notes and heads out of the Library feeling happy and a little light headed. The only thing that was preventing her from skipping was Mr. Grey. Would he let them dig through his books?

@Beowulf @KroNicc115 @MysticPisces @CloudKitteh @Huntrey (TIME LEAP, LUNCHTIME AT SCHOOL, we all have it together)

Jane stood in line at lunch, waiting to get a slice of the...interesting cafeteria pizza. As she moved through the line, she also grabbed a couple smaller things to eat, a drink included. Moments went by before she finally got her pizza and punched in her lunch code. She smiled at, and thanked, the lunch ladies and walked all over the cafeteria, searching for a seat. Unfortunately, her friends--outside the Slayers--didn't have the same lunch period as her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back