• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Silver Gates Institute

"Latro... What a curious name." Seraphina said, thoughtfully, "Where's it from? Are you named after something?" Latro... She couldn't think what it was. She could've sworn she'd heard it somewhere before but she couldn't place where. She thought it rather rude that Latro had gone straight in with the questions, before even asking her name, so she said:

"My name's Seraphina, since you didn't ask." Seffy said, smiling politely, "I'm here because I have nowhere else left to go. And I'm a shapeshifter. I can't change my own form or anything- I can only take the form of others."

"Latro, Latin for Thief, Robber and Brigand, among 46 other translations" She answered, taking a section of her tail in hand as she spoke, pointing to some small white text reading 'LATRO_MACHINA_MODEL_001' printed along it's side, "I'm named after this" She continued impatiently, not being particularly interested in talking about herself right now, wanting to focus on learning about what the other residents here were, and what they could do.

"Shapeshift?" She surprisingly knew the term, from one of the classes she'd been given on other magical beings before coming to the institute "Shapeshifter... Cool... Could you turn me into a rabbit Seraphina the Shapeshifter?"

"It doesn't work like that!" Seraphina snapped, feeling annoyed. This girl seemed very slow indeed.

"I- the keyword here being I- can take the form of others. For satan's sake, let me show you." she closed her eyes tightly, focusing on the image of Latro. When Seraphina opened her eyes, she had morphed into the other girl. She was taller now with a long tail. Ugh, it felt weird to have a tail. She still sat in her wheelchair, fiddling with her new tail.

"Are you happy now?" Seraphina asked, in Latro's voice, "Do you understand?"

Latro wasn't too surprised by her anger, even her teachers had gotten snappy with all her constant questions about anything and everything that caught her interest. Putting that aside it was extremely odd seeing herself talking to her and hearing the annoyance in her normally monotone voice made things even more strange. She was still curious about a couple of things in particular, that being whether she was an exact copy or just looked like her, would her tail function properly as an Up-Link? And was there blood flowing through her right now, or just magic and electricity like there was for her? Though, with her temper where it was already she decided that it would be better for her just to apologize for now.

"Oh, I see. Yes, I understand"
She answered, repressing her desire to ask further questions about her powers "And Sorry If I annoyed you Seraphina"

Carter turned around and noticed a girl with a tail enter. She looked like a bionic mesh but he didn't want to intervene in there useless conversation. "Hm were is that vampir girl" he check the lobby and noticed she wasn't there. " Maybe she didn't enter with us." I need her to insure my plan is complete. He walked out the door. "Gwen are you still out here." He heard a gargle and some cursing coming from the pond and ran over there. "Oh sear how did this happened." He looked at the man who was standing by the pond. "Why aren't you helping her." Carter grabbed gwens arms and pulled with all his strength and used his telekenetis powers to push her from under her feat. It worked but Carter got soaked in the process. "Are you ok." Damn imbesile how do you get stuck in a pond. He thought to himself.

"It's okay." Seraphina said, returning to her own form. It was always much easier to change back. She still got that weird panicked feeling though. That oh my god, I can't change back, I'm stuck, I'm going to die, claustrophobic feeling. But she always changed back. And then, she just felt relieved to be back in her own body.

"I apologise for snapping, Latro." she said, in a sad tone, "It's not your fault that you're slow." She went back to chewing her ribbon, looking around to avoid Latro's eyes.

The albino listened as her new friend snapped with irritation. She almost chuckled, yet would have felt guilty. Explaining is always tidius. She knew this far too well. Watching her forgive though made her grin. genuinely. At least the kid was forgiving.. and her power was unique.. to say the least.

Gwen swallowed more of the pond water whilst swearing repeatly unitll a man came over to her and was slowly pulled out. She felt her feet coming out of the bottom of the pond and was relieved when she was rescued from the pond. "ABOUT **** TIME!" She looked down at herself and saw her ruined trousers and sneakers. She almost punched the man that didn't seem to help her but her anger was starting to fade.

"Sorry." She hoped that the rooms would be assigned quickly due to her not feeling comfortable in her clothes as a result of the pond. "My ***** power decided i was to have a ***** swim in this piece of **** pond." She informed the man before recongising him as horus. "Thanks. If you hadn't pulled me out, i probably would have ended up freezing to death or end up stuck for a few days."

Raine didn't seem fazed, despite being cursed at by the distressed woman. In fact, it didn't seem he had heard the swearing at all. He'd been watching her, giggling quietly to himself. In truth, he didn't understand the concept of death or fear, so he assumed her cries of help were a game she was playing. Out of nowhere, another older boy entered the scene and retrieved Gwen from the pond. The pair was now resting beside the pond on the grass, panting from the effort of escaping the watery pit.

"Hehe, you did a good job!" Raine clapped in approval, "So what are you going to play next? Can Franklin play too?"

The sandy haired boy shook in excitement as he knelt nearby the two new arrivals and watched them eagerly with wide eyes and gnawed on his wrist quietly.

"Franklin loves games... he plays all the time!"

His chewing increased until a trickle of blood ran down his arm, which he licked as a cat would lick its fur, the red fluid staining his lips.

Raine noticed the woman appeared irritated, examining her ruined clothes in disgust.

"If you want... I can make you some new clothes to play in."

A grin spread across his face as he asked her, and his teeth clamped down hard on the flesh of his forearm. The trickle of blood increased, flowing down his arm in lattice-like streams.

"*** you! I could have ended up drowning, you selfish son of a *****!" Gwen's feet were covered in mud and it had gotten into the interior of her sneakers. She saw the boy chewing on his arm and felt something strange stir within her. She found herself walking towards him and was getting very thirsty. She was licking her lips and seemed to be in a trance.

"Drowning? Is drowning the game you were playing?" Raine tilted his head slightly, "Franklin hasn't heard of that one before..."

He noticed Gwen's demeanor change slightly, and her vision became fixated on him as she slowly marched toward the boy. His head tilted in the other direction as blood continued to seep from the visible gash he'd inflicted on his arm.

"Hmm?" he hummed curiously, "Does the pale lady want to play again already?"

He smiled while his body visibly shook in anticipation.

Gwen heard gibberish as a result of the trance and was not blinking. She walked towards him whilst licking her lips and could not think of anything but the boy's blood. She sniffed his arm after approaching him and sank her fangs into him. She started to drink from him and felt the warm blood gushing down her throat.

Raine was paralyzed for a moment at the feeling of having his blood drained, not out of fear or pain, but from sheer surprise. He had never let anyone else consume his flesh or blood in the past, nor had he met anyone who wanted to. He laughed slightly.

"Wh-what kind of game is this? Are you trying to copy- aaaaggGHHH!"

Suddenly it hit. A pain spread through the boy's veins like a million white-hot needles. The strange part was that the agony didn't seem to come from the bite, but rather from his own body. His mind blank, Raine tore away from Gwen, blood spurting from the wound on his arm and spattering the green grass in a coat of red. The boiling feeli g in his body traversed to his head, which became filled with pure rage.

"I... can feel it... my blood... in your body... my blood... it's MY blood!"

Raine began to shiver and laugh as he raised his bloodied arm and pointed at Gwen, his normally bright eyes now cold and empty. Suddenly, the streams of blood running from the wound on his wrist changed direction and began collecting around his hand, forming a gory red glove of sorts. With his other hand, Raine hooked his finger into his wound and tore off a length of the skin, revealing the pulsing muscle underneath. In a wicked display, the skin began to elongate, flatten, and taper until it formed what appeared to be a grotesque blade.

"Give... it... give it back..."

His voice came in raspy whispers unfit for a child.

The blood that had collected around his free hand started to glow, sending red pulses of energy into the air. Raine stared at Gwen as the boy began to manipulate the blood she had taken from him.

"Eheh...hehehe..." he chuckled, "My blood is part of me, no matter where it is... even in your stomach." Taking a few steps forward, he leveled the blade of flesh at her belly, a maniacal grin carving across his face, "C-carve it out... let me have it... back..."

Zeke had lost his interest in the two girls quickly and turned it back to the garden. He watched as Horus helped the girl up and she snapped at the boy. Then, the situation quickly changed as she bit nto him. Without thinking, Zeke ran towards the three as a bad feeling arose from inside him. Sliding to a stop, he could see what the boy could do with his blood and it was dangerous for the vampire girl.

Standing behind him, Zeke's arm lashed out and gripped the boy on the back of the neck. "Don't." he commanded him as his grip on the boy's neck tighten. "Now. You can drop all this and let it go or I could snap your neck" he told the boy a dangerous tone lingering in his voice. "Which is it?" he asked.

Seraphina's mouth began to water. Blood. She bit down hard on her tongue to try and ignore how thirsty she suddenly was. She was fine, she was in control, the bloodlust could not overcome her. If she kept telling herself that, it would come true. She was fine, she was in control. The bloodlust could not overcome her. She was fine...

"What's going on?" she squeaked, not daring to look towards the garden, "Somebody tell me what's going on!" She began to nibble on the skin of her thumb. She was fine. She was in control.

"The bloodlust will not overcome me." she whispered, firmly.

Raine wasn't fazed by the man gripping his neck, though he did calm slightly enough to not struggle.

"Bend me... break me... shatter me... erase me.. but nothing you do will kill me..." As he spoke the words, a brief loom of sadness crossed his features.

"Franklin."

A stern voice called across the lawn from the entrance.

Standing there was a well built middle-aged man with neatly combed and silver-streaked hair. He approached them quietly yet confidently, and placed a hand on both Zeke's and Raine's shoulders. His presence exuded an aura of gentle power.

"I think our lovely Administrator would be a bit sad if our new patients got all torn up on the first day. Dinner hasn't even started. Well..." He glanced at Gwen out of the corner of his eye, then smiled, "For most of us anyway."

At the man's touch, Raine dropped the blade of flesh, and the blood that clung to his hand ran naturally down his arm once more. His legs wobbled, and just as he passed out, the large man grasped him around the waist and hoisted him under one arm.

"Zeke was it?" He studied the young man who'd headlocked Raine, "I appreciate your help and concern for other patients, but trying to supress violence with violence won't help with this boy."

Zeke stood with ferocity when suddenly a hand was placed on his shoulder and he suddenly felt calm. The boy, who he now knew was called Raine, fell and was grabbed by the man who had an eerie, but calming aura to him.

Letting go of the boy's neck immediately, Zeke turned towards the man with the same hard face he usually wore present. "Yeah, I know" he replied to the man before continuing. "I can smell the blood thirst on him, he's like me. I figured it was a better option then having a security guard on him over and getting them killed" he explained his hard look falling away as he saw the similarities between Raine and himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Carte watched as the girl unleased her blood lust on Raine and how Raine reacted. Ahh mayhem such beauty. "Hey let me help you insode, And im not Horus at the time its Carter, You know multipersonality disorder thing." It was no point to lie to her anymore she was gonna need to know the truth if his plan was onna work. He smiled at her and then at Raine. "Hey Raine you wanna play somemore." He needed Raine on his side also. He used his powers to grab a frog from the pond. "Whoever catches it first wins, but you cant use powers and you have to catch it by one leg." I hate games but its a sacrifice to make this fool happy and to get him on my side.

"Hmmmmm?" Latro tilted her head as Seraphina asked what was going outside, turning her own attention to the small group that had congregated in the garden. "Why don't we go see?" She said as she reached out with her tail wrapping it around one of her chairs armrests as she headed towards the door, not even stopping to ask for her permission before attempting to drag her off.

"HEY! Get off! Don't drag me! LET GO!" Seraphina insisted, smacking the girl's tail with her tiny fists, "GET OFF!" She didn't like being dragged or pushed around. She wasn't some dog that needed to be walked.

"LATRO!" Seraphina protested, "I can't go outside! Not when blood's been spilled!"

Gwen was thrown to the floor by the boy and was knocked out of her trance. She looked up at the boy and recoiled in fear by what had greeted her. She felt like throwing up and could feel the blood around her mouth. "I'm.... i'm...." She couldn't bring herself to say what she was and nodded when Horus and carter offered to help her inside.

Carter looked at Raine. "Well play when i get back alright." He helped up Gwen and helped her to the door. He opened it and walked toward the administrator. "Escuse me ma'am do you think my friend can et her room number now. She needs to change out of these wet clothes. I would like mine while your at it." He smiled at looked over at Gwen, there faces were uncomfortably clothers considering she was leaning on his shoulder. "So was that the work of you teleportation powers. Pretty impressive. I knew someone who could teleport but not into things like inside a pond or inside of buildings. You know not inside of anything." Can this women hurry up with the rooms im sacrificing a good white shirt for this. Carter looked down at the side of his shirt. It was ruined with dirt and pond water. 
(@TheRoleplayingDovah @Saturnity)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gwen remained silent as Carter assisted her and helped her to walk from the scene. "I....i...." She was too tramautised to say anything else and could not think of anything apart from what had happened to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back