• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Rwby: Uprising IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
rinkah_fire_emblem_and_1_more_drawn_by_aduti_momoyama__9df27c345d78613923f210836d9ced764.jpg
Koda De Witte

Beacon Academy - Academy Grounds

Interactions: Kabyt Kabyt Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

Koda's calm demeanor remained unfazed as Jack paced impatiently. It was clear he was eager to move forward, contrasting sharply with her unhurried pace. When he introduced himself as Jack A. Lope, Koda acknowledged his greeting with a nod and a warm smile. "Nice to meet you, Jack," she replied politely, making an effort to engage despite her natural inclination toward lethargy, it was the least she could do given her first interaction with the man.

"Sounds like a great idea, I'll keep my first day open" Koda replied warmly, grateful for the prospect of shared adventures beyond the confines of Beacon.

When Glaes introduced herself, mentioning her origins and her affiliation with the 2nd scout regiment from Argus, Koda acknowledged the introduction with a friendly smile, catching the trace of an Atlas accent in her voice. It was a testament to the diverse backgrounds of Beacon's students. She finally had a name to put to the teal-haired girl's face.

With the crowd continuing to surge around them, Koda agreed with Glaes's suggestion to move and avoid being trampled and with a yawn she replied "You're right; let's not become part of the stampede," A hint of humor obvious in her voice. She cast her gaze around, scanning for the correct path judging by the crowd.

Turning her attention back to Glaes and Jack, Koda gestured in a direction that appeared less congested. "How about we head that way?" she suggested, her massive frame moving with a strange mixture of measured grace and lumpish behavior as she led the way. The notion of forming connections and embarking on a journey at Beacon filled her with a sense of optimism. Koda was ready for the adventures and friendships that lay ahead, and she hoped this small step was the beginning of something wonderful.

As they navigated through the crowd, Koda couldn't help but appreciate the diversity of students at Beacon. There were Faunus and humans from all walks of life, each with their unique backgrounds and experiences. She found herself wondering about the stories and aspirations that brought her fellow students to this prestigious academy.

Koda was doing her best to fight against the cold temperature in the air but couldn't help but let out several yawns as the trio walked, so she opted to make conversation hoping it would help wake her up, she always hated the cold. "So, Jack, Glaes," she began conversationally, "what made you decide to become a Huntress or Huntsman?" Her question was open-ended, an invitation for them to share their motivations and dreams. Koda was genuinely interested in getting to know her new friends better, even if it meant engaging in some small talk amidst the bustling crowd.​

Last edited:
Varanus Vipara
Interactions: MangoGoGo MangoGoGo JuniperBoi JuniperBoi

fa8b66952711b08b90405cd1f8922ec4.jpg
Whether she was acting in a theater show or singing on stage, the feeling of putting on a show for an audience was electric, although she hated not having control over her autonomy or creative image, she was happy to put on a show. It was glorious before the awakening of her semblance, but afterward, it was euphoric. Varanus can always feel herself getting swept up in the audience's gleeful enjoyment of the show.

While coming down from the performer's high, Varanus noticed that there were stronger feelings amongst the crowd. They were not much different from the majority of the crowd, but distinct. While most were melding together, these...6? ...9? Varanus wasn't able to accurately count as she couldn't stop to focus, although she was sure they were different from the others in the crowd. Like they were main characters compared to the background characters. Brushing away the feeling, Varanus attempted to wade through the clamoring crowd when it parted for another student to stumble through. Instinctively, the young woman stepped back to evade. Varanus stepped over to help Emile, "A-are you ok?" when they were joined by another boy. As soon as Varanus laid eyes upon Ray he was already smiling brightly and exuding the energy to match.

Varanus beamed at Ray's enjoyment of her song and swiftly switched to a devilish grin at the mention of her father's distaste, "I'm glad you enjoyed and if it annoyed him, then...EVEN BETTER! And that old fart is my dad....and manager, not a good combination, at least for me." Varanus chuckled a bit but was quickly shocked by Ray and Emile's roughhousing, releasing an audible gasp.

Brother from another mother? Is this what siblings are supposed to be like?

"Ray and Em... got it! Oh, Emile!" When Ray held out his fist for a bump, Varanus let out an even more dramatic gasp, even going so far as to cover her mouth with both. Pushing her shades on top of her head, the naive girl leaned in as if she had found a new Dust deposit. Something as simple as a fist bump was prohibited as Colby saw it as improper.

Sunny prepared me for this. This is an invitation to friendship! I shall make Sunny proud!

Varanus reached out to return Ray's greeting but somehow ended up gripping Ray's hand...She just stood there for a second in utter shock. If her eyes were glass they would be shattered,"H-Ha....Ha...Haha, g-g-get it...p-paper!" Attempting and failing to cover her mistake Varanus continued with an uncomfortable giggle for a few seconds. Almost on cue, her shades fell back in place across her eyes, "Ahem...Sorry about that, I guess I shouldn't go into comedy, "Obviously embarrassed, Varanus coughed into her right hand and bumped Ray's fist with her left,"N-Nice to meet you, I'm Varanus.......I wouldn't mind a nickname...."

Sunny, I failed us!

Ray Casal

MOOD: Excited
OUTFIT: Casual Clothes
TAGS: JuniperBoi JuniperBoi Bluffly Bluffly
MENTIONS: open / everyone.

Ray blinked in surprise as Varanus unexpectedly grabbed his fist. They exchanged a brief, bewildered glance, but before either of them could make sense of the situation, Varanus attempted to salvage her misstep with a joke. Her words tumbled out in a stutter Ray couldn't help but chuckle, especially when her glasses slid down her head and onto her eyes. His grin widened, and he leaned in slightly, teasingly responding, “No, no I think you have a bright future in comedy,” he adds, “especially with jokes like that.” He says smirking at the pop idol as she faked coughed in one hand and returned his fist bump with the other.

In a bold and impulsive move, Ray suddenly reached out and snagged Emile, pulling him over to stand beside Varanus. Ray wrapped his arms around their shoulders, uniting his two friends in an unexpected embrace. His eyes gleamed with excitement as he spoke, his voice filled with unwavering confidence, “Well, Em, Vara.” He started, "I don't know about you guys, but Beacon better watch out! Because the three of us are going to be one hell of a team!"

code by low fidelity.

Ray blinked in surprise as Varanus unexpectedly grabbed his fist. They exchanged a brief, bewildered glance, but before either of them could make sense of the situation, Varanus attempted to salvage her misstep with a joke. Her words tumbled out in a stutter Ray couldn't help but chuckle, especially when her glasses slid down her head and onto her eyes. His grin widened, and he leaned in slightly, teasingly responding, “No, no I think you have a bright future in comedy,” he adds, “especially with jokes like that.” He says smirking at the pop idol.

In a bold and impulsive move, he suddenly reached out and snagged Emile, pulling him over to stand beside Varanus. Ray wrapped his arms around their shoulders, uniting his two friends in an unexpected embrace. His eyes gleamed with excitement as he spoke, his voice filled with unwavering confidence, “Well, Em, Vara.” He started, "I don't know about you guys, but Beacon better watch out! Because the three of us are going to be one hell of a team!"

Last edited:
"That-a-ways it is then." Jack said, agreeing with Koda's suggestion with a firm nod of his head. And he was the first to get to where Koda had wanted to go, but couldn't stand waiting for them so he walked back. And then left them in the dust as he once more walked away. It was all thanks to the great lethargy of Koda. He would stop and try to get her to pick up the pace with a gesture or two, but nothing he did seemed to do much of anything. If anything, it felt like she walked slower. But that might just be because of Jack's impatient nature.

"Come on, big Koda, pick up those lead weights you call feet and move it. The stampede is going to be done and gone before we even get out of it's way." He said to her, trying briefly to push her and force her to move faster before just as quickly giving up and moving around her once more.

"Rest of my family are hunters, except for me grandpa, he's a cook for some reason. Best crackles you'll ever have, though." Jack said, shrugging at the question. Why wouldn't he become a Huntsman? The way he saw it, most everyone at least tried to become one once before deciding to be something else. "But he did give me my Nagamaki. Was me twice great grandpa's before I got it. Basically unchanged. I did make it shoot stuff, though. You wanna see?" He was already shifting everything he was carrying around so he could unsling the ridiculously long weapon and show it off.

Livi Wulfric
Mentions: Bluffly Bluffly Varanus
Interactions: Karcen Karcen VI, Orin Orin Anubis, Britt-21 Britt-21 Flora, RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan Hickory
16489303._SY540_.jpg

Livi carefully observed Vi's reaction to the collection of weapons before her. With a discerning eye, she determined which one had captured Vi's gaze the most. While Vi remained fixated, Livi began picking up every weapon she placed on the ground, leaving only Vi’s weapon behind. As she did so, she couldn't help but notice the familiar transformation of Vi.

"I thought you were keen on keeping up the guise of a cat, but hey, you do you, Vi," Livi remarked with a hint of playful humor. "And it's not just about having options, Anubis. Most of the weapons in my possession are either ones I crafted myself or ones I've obtained by beating bad guys and subsequently tinkering with. Truth be told, about half of my bag is filled with weapons and gadgets for tinkering."

When Vi materialized before Flora, Livi couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy. Her lips curled into a small pout, but her tail betrayed her true emotions by wagging happily when she thought of the prospect of being in the place of Flora. It wasn't until her brain registered the fact that Vi had actually asked for her permission that her heart skipped a beat or two. This unexpected courtesy from Vi left a pleasant impression on Livi.

Vi's parting words, however, left Livi speechless. While she was accustomed to receiving compliments from her uncle, this was the first time someone she genuinely liked had paid her such a compliment. It left her both stunned and gratified.

However, Livi's newfound excitement and happiness took a sudden dip when the blaring music reached her ears. She was not particularly fond of such cacophonous tunes for various reasons, primarily because they were consistently too loud for her sensitive ears. Desiring to escape the auditory assault, Livi swiftly slung her bag over her shoulder and gently took Vi by the elbow, urging her to move in the direction of the Beacon's Auditorium. Though she walked a bit more slowly to ensure the others could keep up, her intent was clear.

"Follow me, everyone. At least the auditorium will be a reprieve from this deafening noise," Livi suggested, her voice raised to be heard over the din. "We can catch up more once we're there, though perhaps we can find a different topic of conversation. I could talk about weapons all day, but I'm sure there are other interesting things to discuss."

Vi Chesire
mentions: Orin Orin Megilagor Megilagor RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan Britt-21 Britt-21
Yoruichi-Fan-Club-image-yoruichi-fan-club-36550495-500-375.jpg

If Vi didn't know Anubis she would have assumed that what he said as him going with the joke. The set up was way to perfect for her to respond and make things even worse and how could she not confuse people more now that she had the chance? Really he should know better than to leave an opening for her to mess with him. though what flora said was well not at all what Vi had expected she hadn't even noticed the flirting at all. Was she oblivious to such things? Well Vi could teach her or not it was kind of funny to her for someone to not notice. The concert was what most people focused on and Vi was a little jealous of the attention, but well she couldn't do anything about it and she couldn't really sing. Well more Vi had never tried just like she had never tried to play an instrument, the life of a house cat left little room for hobbies. Livi's comment about the guise of a cat was a little hurtful as if Livi didn't believe what Vi had told her. it had been a lie but lots of what Vi said were lies so why would those be the special ones that weren't believed?

" Okay i'll save it for the bedroom master" Vi chuckled looking to Anubis with a smile that went from ear to ear quite latterly before it was turned back to normal. before she felt some one take her by the elbow and Vi was actually surprised despite half knowing it was coming as she hadn't been focused and had to stop herself from turning to a cloud and moving away out of some instinct. Vi wasn't scared of being touched but perhaps living her life on half alert and finally going to relaxed had made her jump to full alert when something unexpected and close happened. That or perhaps her body remembered the hugs of Baza and was seeking to avoid a surprise squeeze. Whatever the reason Vi had to try not to jump away from Livi as she was surprised and managed it hopefully not losing her solidity in the split second of the scare.

With all that Vi almost forgot hickory was there he was very quiet and not the same quiet that Anubis was. If stealth wasn't his semblance then he almost had two with how he seemed to fade away. That or that damned concert broke everyone's concentration and Vi had mostly the girls on her mind over the guys. Though it looked like Flora at least was comfortable with him by how she locked arms with him. Did she really not get flirting or had she just picked someone that fast? Well Vi wasn't one to judge she had hopped at the first cute girl she had seen.

" Yeah Cats aren't exactly big for loud noises " Vi said as Livi suggested that they move away from the loud music. Vi didn't really hate the music nor was she bothered by how loud it was, in fact she had snuck into concerts before if they were open air over in closed buildings. " We could go to where ever there is food i am sure Anbuis will be generous enough to cover the tab " Vi teased also she could use a snack and well she had no money.

Last edited:
IMG_8447.jpeg Emile Forrest

Interactions: MangoGoGo MangoGoGo Bluffly Bluffly

Mentions: N/A

Emile was trying to prevent himself from laughing after Ray and Vara’s little interaction. Ray’s little comment didn’t help either. “Pfft…Yeah…a very bright future.” He snickers. “I kid, of course. I don’t mean to hurt your feelings.”

Emile was caught off guard by Ray’s sudden action. At this point he thought that he would get used to it, but of course Ray being Ray, it still came off as unpredictable. “That’s if we’re even in the same team. But we’ll see.”

Suddenly a hologram of the headmaster for all to see appears within the courtyard.
IMG_8584.jpeg

Britt-21 Britt-21 Orin Orin NameisUser NameisUser Karcen Karcen americanCaeser americanCaeser Megilagor Megilagor EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan Gutsy Gutsy Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Kabyt Kabyt Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

“Greetings, students new and old. Welcome once again to Beacon Academy, the birthplace of the Huntsman. All new students must come to the auditorium immediately to begin orientation.”

The hologram than disappeared. Shortly after, all the new students came flooding into the auditorium. Tallow was quite surprised by the amount of new students. He then appeared on the stage and cleared his throat.
“Ahem. Good morning everyone, and Welcome to Beacon Academy’s orientation. You all have been given the honor to become the next generation of Huntsmen and Huntresses. At this academy, you will learn the basics on how to kill Grimm as well as other things that will make you a proper Hunter. Our curriculum is made to teach you at an accelerated pace, as we are currently short on manpower as you may know. Nonetheless we still plan on having events for the students enjoyment such as the Prom and Vytal Festival. Now that I have your attention…” He snapped his fingers to unveil a massive screen behind him showcasing a forest full of Grimm. “Now, we don’t just accept anyone here. In order to prove your worth to truly become a student here, you must first pass Initiation. This here is the Emerald Forest, where the initiation will take place. It is filled with a multitude of Grimm, such as Ursai, Beowolves, Taijitus, Deathstalkers, and Nevermores. You will all start at the cliffs and will be launched into the forest. Mr. Idasra will provide more details at the starting point. And with that, you are all dismissed, you can all go to starting point now. The students then left the auditorium and went to the starting point, ready to begin their new journey.

Once the last student left, he began coughing up small drops of blood. The blood itself seem to be a darker red than your average blood. “Just a little longer.” Tallow said. He then clenched his hand as he trudged back to his office. Once in his office he sat down. “Leon was right. We are getting old…” He pressed a button and multiple screens popped up showing camera footage of the students approaching the starting point as well as the Grimm filled Emerald Forest.

“Let the Games begin.”

Ray Casal

OUTFIT: Casual Clothes
MENTIONS: open / everyone.

“Wah!” Ray was surprised by the sudden hologram that appeared showing the face of an older man, probably the headmaster, welcoming the students and telling them to get to the auditorium to begin orientation, disappearing as soon as the message was over. Ray looked at his two friends and grins, “well, shall we?” he says before he begins walking towards the auditorium with the other freshly off the aircraft students.

Ray and his two friends were one of the first to reach the auditorium, so they had plenty of places. As more and more students poured it the auditorium became loud with voices and conversation blending together as one big cacophony of voices, Ray whistled, “damn, who would of guessed bulkhead had this many students on board.” He says as more students poured in. The headmaster somehow managed to grab the attention of the students as he began his speech. It was its typical ‘welcome to Beacon’ speech, however, the announcement of a accelerated program got a few of the students buzzing but even more so when he said they will still have events like Prom and the Vytal Festival. Ray looked at Emile, “Might as well ask you guys now, will you go to prom with me, Em? Vara?” he joked and chuckled once Emile and Varauns responded in their own way.

Ray turned his attention to the headmaster as he explained their first assignment. They had to fight through the Emerald Forest but that was all he told them, saying one of the teachers would give them more details. With that the students were dismissed. Ray felt excitement boil in his body before he suddenly yells, “Hell yeah!” his voice echoing off the walls of the giant room, “Let’s go guys!” he says as he grabs Emile and Varanus by their wrists and drag them behind him towards the direction the headmaster told them to go.

As the students neared the location the headmaster told them to go Ray couldn’t but notice they were walking towards a cliff. Curious, Ray took a couple steps closer to the edge and looked down whistled, “Daaaamn, that’s pretty far down,” he looked back at Emile and smirks, “hope you aren’t afraid of heights, Em.”

code by low fidelity.

“Wah!” Ray was surprised by the sudden hologram that appeared showing the face of an older man, probably the headmaster, welcoming the students and telling them to get to the auditorium to begin orientation, disappearing as soon as the message was over. Ray looked at his two friends and grins, “well, shall we?” he says before he begins walking towards the auditorium with the other freshly off the aircraft students.

Ray and his two friends were one of the first to reach the auditorium, so they had plenty of places. As more and more students poured it the auditorium became loud with voices and conversation blending together as one big cacophony of voices, Ray whistled, “damn, who would of guessed bulkhead had this many students on board.” He says as more students poured in. The headmaster somehow managed to grab the attention of the students as he began his speech. It was its typical ‘welcome to Beacon’ speech, however, the announcement of a accelerated program got a few of the students buzzing but even more so when he said they will still have events like Prom and the Vytal Festival. Ray looked at Emile, “Might as well ask you guys now, will you go to prom with me, Em? Vara?” he joked and chuckled once Emile and Varauns responded in their own way.

Ray turned his attention to the headmaster as he explained their first assignment. They had to fight through the Emerald Forest but that was all he told them, saying one of the teachers would give them more details. With that the students were dismissed. Ray felt excitement boil in his body before he suddenly yells, “Hell yeah!” his voice echoing off the walls of the giant room, “Let’s go guys!” he says as he grabs Emile and Varanus by their wrists and drag them behind him towards the direction the headmaster told them to go.

As the students neared the location the headmaster told them to go Ray couldn’t but notice they were walking towards a cliff. Curious, Ray took a couple steps closer to the edge and looked down whistled, “Daaaamn, that’s pretty far down,” he looked back at Emile and smirks, “hope you aren’t afraid of heights, Em.”

Flora.png
1697751841477.jpeg

Flora went to follow along with the group, only to be distracted by the Holograms that pulled up a staff member. More than likely the principal of this school, considering she has seen him before in newspapers and more. Good to see him in the semi-flesh here. Can't wait to see him in person. Of course he group moved along and into the auditorium where her eyes landed upon the man himself. However, something seemed off to some degree. Most people would think he was old, but not her. Being someone who lived off the land, always tried to eat well and take care of the mind, body and soul... There had to be something up. But he was an adult, he could take care of himself...Right? As he began to talk, she gave the man her undivided attention while he claimed to have a curriculum that was accelerated as they were low on manpower. Strength in numbers is what he believes in. I hope our numbers don't dwindle... There's so many of us who showed up today. Thought the Faunus. While he did add in some powdered sugar among all the burnt french toast, it didn't hide the reality of things.

Then he mentioned initiation which included the Emerald Forest that housed many different Grimm. Shifting her golden gaze toward the screen behind him, she knew she was going to have to be on her toes for this one. Accelerated was right. Throwing us into a forest with tougher looking Grimm. With that said, he had left them and everyone started to move their behinds outside. Despite not knowing where to go, many knew exactly where and it didn't stop anyone from following. Soon enough they were at the edge of a cliff that overlooked the forest. This is a lot of ground for my semblance. Though I can still get in trouble if I don't use it at the perfect times. Looking over the edge, she couldn't help but feel a bit queasy and didn't understand how some others could look over this edge. She had stepped away and moved off to the side where she had placed her bag down in a safe spot. Crouching down, she pulled her weapon out and made sure to secure it upon her back. Once secure, she returned to the rest of the group of students, wondering what'd happen next in this initiation.

1000003375.jpg
Koda De Witte
Interactions: Kabyt Kabyt Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

As Jack, Koda and Glaes made their way to the desired location, Koda's usual unhurried pace seemed to agitate Jack's impatience. With gestures and words, he encouraged Koda to pick up the pace, to no avail. If anything, her lethargy appeared even more pronounced in comparison to his haste. Her massive frame moved with a seemingly ponderous grace, as if she were in no rush whatsoever. Jack attempted to push her to move faster but quickly realized that her pace remained unchanged, if not slower. Their differing attitudes towards time and urgency became more evident with each step they took. Koda's slowness contrasted sharply with Jack's haste, and they seemed like polar opposites.

Koda didn't appear flustered by Jack's urgency. She acknowledged his words with a serene nod but made no visible effort to quicken her pace. Her relaxed nature and patience appeared to be constants in her demeanor. They continued walking together, Jack moving ahead and then circling back to her, as if he couldn't decide whether to move on or keep trying to motivate her.

As the pair continued their journey, Jack began to explain his reasons for becoming a Huntsman. He mentioned that most of his family members were hunters, and his grandfather was a cook who made exceptionally good crackles. However, Jack was following the family tradition, having inherited his Nagamaki. Koda listened to Jack's explanation with genuine interest, her calm demeanor attentive as he spoke about his family and the legacy of his weapon. When he offered to demonstrate the Nagamaki's capabilities, her curiosity got the better of her. "Sure, I'd like to see it. If you're interested in mine, well I'll give you a hint, you can see it right now." she responded with a friendly smile, ready to witness what made Jack's weapon special.

Interrupting the conversation, a hologram of a stern-faced man appeared, delivering an announcement that called all new students to the auditorium for orientation. Koda followed Jack into the auditorium, where a hologram of the school's headmaster addressed the students. His words were a mixture of welcoming gestures and the mention of initiation in the Emerald Forest, a place teeming with various Grimm creatures. It was a challenge awaiting the new students, a trial by fire. As the hologram spoke of the initiation, Koda's focus was unwavering. Her tranquility remained intact, even in the face of what was clearly a formidable test for these aspiring Huntsmen and Huntresses.

As they approached the starting point, Koda's thoughts swirled around the forest filled with Grimm, a daunting yet thrilling prospect. She couldn't help but wonder how her new friends, Jack and Glaes, would fare in this trial. Despite her lethargic tendencies, Koda was curious about their abilities and how they would handle the challenges awaiting them. Like some of the other members of the group, Koda felt the allure of curiosity, prompting her to take a cautious look over the cliff's edge. It was a brief, impulsive glance, and almost instantly, she regretted it. While she wasn't afraid of heights, that didn't mean she liked them. A shiver coursed through her, and she took a step back, her reluctance to get too close to the edge evident.

However, something was changing within her. Stepping outside and feeling the refreshing, crisp air on her face was gradually waking her up. Her lethargic nature was slowly dissipating as she started to stand taller and adopt a more alert posture. The excitement in the air and the anticipation of the initiation challenge were having a tangible effect on her. She was ready to face whatever the Emerald Forest had in store, and perhaps the thrill of adventure was what she needed to truly come alive at Beacon Academy.​

Last edited:
Leon Idasra
Mentions: Every student in the area but especially when giving examples EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen Itzal, Bluffly Bluffly Varanus, Livi , Britt-21 Britt-21 Flora
Interactions: MangoGoGo MangoGoGo Ray [Grabbed student]
7c3b6753348c0f149aeaf565ddf4073ff0ab0067r1-416-384v2_hq.png

As Leon finished prepping everything for the test, he made his way up the cliff towards the area where the students should arrive shortly. Sure climbing up all the way up would take too much time so Leon took a few shortcuts by using his semblance, just swapping places with one of the pebbles he would throw up after every swap, finally arriving in front of one of the students who just turned back towards the rest of them while mockingly asking someone if they are afraid of heights, so Leon wanting to scare the kid up a bit threw a pebble behind the kid and grabbed him by his shoulder dragging down the cliffside with him before using his semblance to place both of them where he threw the last pebble, on top of the cliff.
"Well, kid I hope you like your trial version of falling cause you are gonna experience the full version soon enough." Said Leon loudly with a wide grin on his face, while slowly releasing Ray from his grip.

Leon then walked to the side while counting the number of people who gathered at the cliffside, confirming that it matched the number that was visible on the papers that the principal gave him not too long ago, he turned towards all of the students and spoke loudly with his stern voice.
"OK listen up you bunch of chucklefucks, wannabe huntsmen cause that's what you are and will be until you finish this test, after doing so you still will be wannabe huntsmen but at least you will be on the road to becoming real ones. Know this one thing! TODAY is the day that all of you will have to show us what your worth is." As Leon spoke he began to glance from one person to another as he gave out examples. "Each of your worths is different, some of you are here to prove your worth that you are not just some street kid, others are here to prove they are not someone's toy, some of you are here to carry on someone's legacy, and others to prove their worth to themselves. I personally do not care what you are trying to prove, but rather the process and the outcome of proving it is the one that counts. But overall please don't be stupid like that kid from before, there is a sign behind you all saying 'Be aware gravity works really well here, so falling is ill-advised.'."

Of course, Leon pointed towards the sign that everyone so far seemed to ignore sure it was a green sign so it blended well with the grass but someone had to see it, giving them some time to check if it was actually there and all that. before resuming his speech.
"Now for the more important stuff. DO NOT hesitate during the test, you will have opposition there in the form of various Grimm within the forest, as well as some traps which mind you are designed to delay and annoy you but not harm you. Just so you know the first person you see after you land will be your partner for this test and perhaps for the foreseeable future. Now for your goal in all this, it is quite simple at the end of the path within the forest is an old ruin containing several relics. Each pair is supposed to claim only ONE of those relics and return to this very spot while of course guarding the relic, avoiding traps, fighting grimm, etc. Also just in case there are a few of us, and by us I mean teacher sprawling around the forest, keeping watch on you all, silently judging and grading your every choice, as well as ensuring none of you die during the test. Now I will give you a bit of time to process it all and when you do so stand on the stone platforms that have the symbols of two axes crossing please."
Leon gave them a bit of time to process it all and for people to get ready, of course, he knew that some of them could potentially have questions for him but that could wait for after they ready up.

Anubis Hotep
Interactions: Karcen Karcen Megilagor Megilagor

Anubis had tuned everyone out for the most part, the words from students became a buzz and then a low hum. It wasn’t until Vi made a comment about the bedroom and his face instantly reddened “You are insufferable” he seethed and took a deep breath. Vi was one of the few people that knew how to push all his buttons and she seemed to take pleasure in doing so. “Hey!” He said, when vi offered for Anubis to pay for everyone to eat “what makes you think I even want to pay for you Cheshire” he mumbled and turned his attention to the halogram.

So it begins” Anubis smiled as he followed the students into the auditorium to listen to the speech before following everyone out to the cliff side where a teacher explained the rules. “So get relic, fight for my life, find a partner” he nodded realizing that this might not be as hard as he thought. He walked over to the little platform that had two axes crossing and peered over the edge of the cliff side “that’s a long way down” he gulped and then stepped back. He flicked his jacket backwards and grabbed his both his Khopesh and flipped them so they were in their gun form.

He glanced around, trying to see where Vi and Livi had ran off to. With no sight of them, he turned back to the task at hand and crouched slightly and steadied himself as he prepared for whatever came next. He assumed the platform would either drop them or launch them clean into the air, so he stood ready to activate his semblance. He gripped the Khopesh tightly in his hand, and with one deep breath he was ready for whatever came next.

Vi Chesire
mentions: Orin Orin Megilagor Megilagor RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan Britt-21 Britt-21

If messing with anubis had been an oylimpic sport Vi knew she would be a gold medalist when he called her Cheshire. It was a bit funny that she had chosen that name as a surname as it had been her only one for so long. That was what Baza had called her for years and while Vi didn't fully and always think of herself as chesire she did respond to the name. Her own first name was pretty much something she made up. Vi was pretty sure the name her parents had given her started with Vi or contained the letters. It was strange how much you could forget in 12 or so years.

Heading to the cliff they mostly got separated and Vi lost sight of anubis, despite her teasing and wandering off she wasn't exactly truly trying to ditch him and had been certain he wpuld find her. Well she could let him out of her sight from time to time he would be fine. Besides Vi had Livi to entertain so she had plenty on her plate, even if her straight man wasn't here for their act. Vi had decided to stay in human form for now as she had been told by anubis's father she should get used to being a person more often.

As the teacher spoke Vi did wonder what was the point of the sign, they should be protected from really getting hurt from falls. This was the third or fourth school hunters had to go to inorder to become one. They should have their auras unlocked. Well Vi didn't question it more as it seemed heights messed with some, Vi was not one of those. She didn't really fear much,she had always feared slipping up and getting caught, but that was in the past. Now she couldn't think of anything that was that scary. The grimm couldn't be that bad even if she hadn't dealt with them since she was a kid.

All that thinking did make Vi a bit anxious and laughs were the best medicine. The teacher had given her a great set up with his whole thing about falling and the sign. " watch this it will be funny " Vi told Livi and quickly made her way to the edge.

At the edge Vi tried to look like she hadn't been going right for it and looked over the edge " hmm it really is pretty far down " she said making sure dhe had a few eyes before turning . As she did Vi pretended to slip falling backwards abd letting those that saw gasp or shout in surprise. Vi would fall down and out of sight before she activated her semblance to change herself and start to float up.

" I think gravity is on a smoke break " She chuckled mostly to herself but loud enough that others could hear.

Varanus Vipara
Mentions: Karcen Karcen Britt-21 Britt-21 Megilagor Megilagor
Interactions: MangoGoGo MangoGoGo JuniperBoi JuniperBoi

Varanus giggled with Emile, "No worries, I have thick skin. Hit me with your best shot!"

With the headmaster instructing them to head to the auditorium, Ray launched into a speed walk with excitement. Varanus attempted to keep up but she could tell this was his normal pace and she would have to learn to keep up if she wanted to keep their friendship. Headmaster Tallow explained their close-approaching exam in the auditorium and mentioned the prom and Vytal Festival, which brought pure joy to Varanus. when Ray asked her and Emile to prom, she gasped while covering her mouth with her fingertips,"Oh!"Varanus straightened her skirt and performed a curtsy, "I would be delighted to accompany you! Ooo, we should go shopping as soon as possible!"

Turning back to the headmaster, Varanus could feel Ray's excitement building up as the speech continued. Before she could react appropriately, Ray realized an excited cheer and dragged her and Emile towards the cliff. Looking down at the forest," Heights? No, big birds? Yes! But this looks like it will be fun!" While looking down, Varanus could feel a more prominent emotion than the others. Nervousness? Fear? Anxiety? She couldn't quite pinpoint it.

Before she could find this person, to either get farther away from them or to help, Ray was picked up and dragged over the cliffside. Varanus was about to spring into action, after shaking off the shock, however the man and Ray reappeared back on the cliffside. Varanus released a sigh of relief however she was now wary of this teacher. Placing a hand on Ray's shoulder,"Are you ok?"

Varanus listened to his explanation intently, and as he spoke she could feel the growing anxiety around her. At this point, she couldn't tell if she was truly getting nervous or if she was being swept away by the nerves around her. Varanus turned to get into place,"Hope to see you down there! And if I don't," Varanus gave a competitive smirk,"Me and my team will be here when you get back!" The huntress wannabe went into place and brandished her cane, physically prepared, not so much mentally with all the nerves floating about.

The nervous state was sort of cut through when a burst of shock and awe slammed into Varanus. Turning, she was able to catch a glimpse of a girl falling over the side of the cliff but she quickly resurfaced followed by a quick quip from her. To Varanus, the joke sounded like a corny line from one of her plays, but it still brought a giggle from her. Varanus got a good look at the other girl.

She's pretty...But seems to be a prankster...If she's charming she would be perfect on stage

Hickory. ( #D0A168 so I don't forgor)

The bizarre introduction session was interrupted by the headmaster's hologram. Finally, the ceremonial entrance to Beacon academy. Hickory made his way to the auditorium, excited to see what the famed school had in store for the new students. His parents graduated from Beacon, so he heard some stories of what they went through in their time. Although times have changed, there should be some core philosophies that stay the same through time. Maybe he had some upper hand in that way.
Then again, getting the top grades wasn't his concern. As far as he could get the license and go out there, he was fine with it.
"Good luck, guys."
He whispered as the gathered group moved on to the auditorium, himself mixing among the crowd.

---

The headmaster's speech ended rather quickly. As short as it lasted, it left Hickory baffled. Beacon sure did deviate from the course of normal schools. Or even Signal. As far as he remembered, Signal didn't lob students into a forest full of grimm. Accelerated curriculum, no joke. His parents told him about how Beacon could have outlandish curriculums compared to ordinary schools. But throwing students was unexpected at the least. It was a good thing they only accepted students of formidable skill to be challenged with such a task. To imagine a failed landing strategy from such height... not favorable.

On the way to the starting point, Hickory did a quick checkup of his weapons. The rifle was unloaded before boarding the airship, so it had to be loaded. The revolver as well. Not to mention that he had detached the dust filters to a safer container. Naturally, what commenced was a sequence of Hickory loading up his weapons as he walked among other students, each getting ready for the test in their own way. If only he could look around and gawk at everyone's weapons.

The headmaster was kind enough to provide them with the bestiary of grimm that populated the area. Most of them were easily managable ones, some he fought back at Signal's outdoor activities. The big ones, he could worry once he ran into them. He loaded standard rounds into Bicerin. The caliber was big enough to deal with moderately armored grimm with one or two shots. Lucky for him, his rifle shot two rounds at once. For special rounds, he had plenty of dust variants. Fire rounds, ice dust buckshot, gravity "spray" that focused more on propelling the user backwards... All the messing around back at Signal was finally going to pay off.

What about Mocha? It felt more like an afterthought at the moment- the backup that rested in his pocket just in case he chose the bad timing to run out of bullets in his rifle. Better safe than sorry, though. The dust filters he had were fire, electricity, and ice. Each coming in pairs so that he could fill in all the filter slots. He filled in one slot of each element.
"Alright, now I'm ready."
He said as he slapped the filter cylinder back in place.

By the time he finished checking his gear, Hickory was at the starting area. The teacher there was already dealing with a handful, grabbing a careless student and threatening him before he got to giving the 'wannabes' instructions. Things were looking up in Emerald Forest. Hickory took in mind the fine details that needed attention. First, encounter the partner. Get to the ruin, find and secure the relic, and come back in one piece. Also there were teachers grading him. That was a mouthful. After a deep breath, Hickory stood on an empty platform.
"Good luck, guys."
He whispered to himself.

Itzal-Profile.png

Itzal Orpheus

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Itzal deadpanned as he watched the celebrity and her entourage separate, listening to Aisuke comment on the commonality of such an occurrence. "Yeah, wonder what that's like..." He mused with audible disinterest, though not specifying if that comment was toward the celebrity show or the drama. Itzal didn't have any remaining family and he sure as hell wasn't famous. Told a few times he had a nice voice, but that was as far as that got. Shoving his hands in his pockets, his eyes seemed to narrow a bit without indication as to what the reason was. Regardless, the intercom brought an announcement from the principal, causing one of his top ears to twitch slightly. "Well, it's getting started, looks like. Don't wanna be late~" He said with a bit of a cheeky smirk. Didn't want to be late for getting a room assigned was more like it.

Itzal didn't pay too much attention to the orientation. Something something advance curriculum. Something something huntsman, moral grandstanding, protect the world. What caught his attention was that this was not in fact it. There was another test, which given by how his expression dropped, he was none too pleased with. "Huh?? I thought we were already all in...!" He growled to himself. Of course it wasn't that simple.

With a less than enthusiastic look, he made his way with the others to the starting positions, noting something very quickly. They were very, very, very high up and the forest was very, very, very down. Itzal approached the ledge cautiously, verifying exactly just how down the forest was before turning with a concerned expression.

"...Launch. He said LAUNCH right??" Itzal questioned to no one in particular, his gaze going back and forth from the drop to those around. "Not as in metaphorically. As in actually. Fucking. Launc-Fuuuck me..."

Releasing a long sigh and adopting a defeated expression, Itzal took his position on one of the launch pads and began fiddling with his weapons, two pistols it seemed. "Awwweeesommme..."

Inwardly, he was arguing with his weapons to not malfunction in the next 10 minutes.

@EveryoneAround

Theophany Exousíes
Tiffany S1.pngThe boys were speaking amongst themselves. Tiffany's attention was elsewhere. All ears on the speakers blaring the welcome of the newcomers, future Huntsman, and huntresses. Like a butterfly to a flower, she followed the sweet invite of the auditorium. Her eyes sparkled like diamonds, leaving the boys behind without realization.

Further announcements ahead, a screen flashes behind the hologram headmaster. Humanity's greatest threat on display, Grimm. She clenches her hands upon the sight of such creatures, a natural instinct. A test for the best was given to the newcomers. "A test? N-now? So soon..." The common Grimm lineup, with a few handfuls of concerning alpha threat Grimm. She twiddles her thumbs whilst making her way to the starting point of the early event.

Emerald Forest

Lush and rather overwhelming, Tiffany gets to see the forest's great cliffside but the sightseeing is brief as a long-haired man appears with a voice of authority. Instructions are clearly given as to what is about to unfold. The man before her must be Mr. Isadra. The voice of an Atlas drill sergeant puts Tiffany standing at attention, stiffer than a scarecrow. She can hear her own heart drumming to a marching beat. A few examples of the cliff's height were demonstrated which gave the girl nothing but a strained upset face. Slowly approaching the metallic plate. She could only gaze through the academy's insignia etched onto the (Launch)plate itself.

Last edited:

Ray Casal

OUTFIT:
Casual Clothes
MENTIONS: Megilagor Megilagor

Just as the words left his lips, he felt something begin pulling him back. Ray was stunned for a moment as his world was literally flipped. His feet facing the vast blue sky while he plummeted headfirst towards the trees. Ray’s mind raced, going from ‘what just happened?’ to ‘I have to land!” Ray placed his hands behind his back and a series of clicks and mechanized hums could be heard and suddenly his hands, once empty now have gauntlets on. The idea, to use the wind dust charge to slow down his descent and turn his fatal fall into a crash landing at best.

However, before he could even begin putting his plan into motion, the trees disappeared, like the world blinking in and out of existence and Ray found himself landing on his butt back at the top of the cliff. Ray was sitting on the ground and let out a relieved sigh when he found himself no longer falling but was staring daggers as the teacher taunted him, asking him if he ‘liked the trial version of falling’ unaware that Varanus was standing beside him asking if he was ok, “What the hell grandpa!” Ray yelled as he stood up. However, he calmed down once he heard Varanus ask if he was ok, “I’m fine,” he said though he did still sound annoyed.

Ray watched as the teacher began his speech about the test they were about to take. He gave out very specific examples making Ray wonder just who he was talking about. He even looked at the crowd to see if he could catch any uncomfortable shifting. When he didn’t notice anything, his attention was brought back to the teacher as he continued his speech. Ray let out a very audible, “Finally!” once the teacher stopped talking, “thought the old man would never stop.” He says before looking at his two friends Varanus and Emile, “Come on! Let’s go take out positions so we could find each other easier!” he says excitedly.

code by low fidelity.

Just as the words left his lips, he felt something begin pulling him back. Ray was stunned for a moment as his world was literally flipped. His feet facing the vast blue sky while he plummeted headfirst towards the trees. Ray’s mind raced, going from ‘what just happened?’ to ‘I have to land!” Ray placed his hands behind his back and a series of clicks and mechanized hums could be heard and suddenly his hands, once empty now have gauntlets on. The idea, to use the wind dust charge to slow down his descent and turn his fatal fall into a crash landing at best.

However, before he could even begin putting his plan into motion, the trees disappeared, like the world blinking in and out of existence and Ray found himself landing on his butt back at the top of the cliff. Ray was sitting on the ground and let out a relieved sigh when he found himself no longer falling but was staring daggers as the teacher taunted him, asking him if he ‘liked the trial version of falling’ unaware that Varanus was standing beside him asking if he was ok, “What the hell grandpa!” Ray yelled as he stood up. However, he calmed down once he heard Varanus ask if he was ok, “I’m fine,” he said though he did still sound annoyed.

Ray watched as the teacher began his speech about the test they were about to take. He gave out very specific examples making Ray wonder just who he was talking about. He even looked at the crowd to see if he could catch any uncomfortable shifting. When he didn’t notice anything, his attention was brought back to the teacher as he continued his speech. Ray let out a very audible, “Finally!” once the teacher stopped talking, “thought the old man would never stop.” He says before looking at his two friends Varanus and Emile, “Come on! Let’s go take out positions so we could find each other easier!” he says excitedly.

✧ ・゚ : * ✧ * * ✧ ・゚ : * ✧ d337aa56fe1124bdd154ec77425f1a6d.jpg ✧ ・゚ : * ✧ * * ✧ ・゚ : * ✧

Glaes would blush a little the moment she realized she’d been gazing longingly after the pop idol. She’d never seen on in real life! Her memories flooded with the hundreds of magazines she’s accumulated over her day trips into Argus. Her eyes practically sparkled as they followed the pop idol. She blinked feeling the blush on her face and tucked her head further into her signature hooded jacket whilst glancing to see if Koda and Jack had noticed her fawning.

She was shocked however to see that Koda had taken her advise and started to part the crowd as she moved to a less busy spot. With a little squeak Glaes sped into the parted crowd before they refilled behind Koda. Once beside the taller young woman Glaes felt much more calm and while the walked she focused as hard as could to force her semblance down. She took slow deep breathes almost like one doing moving medications.

Once they were finally free of the mass crowd Glaes glanced once more over her shoulder hoping to catch a last look of the idol while her mind swirled with questions of if she was attending beacon - if it would be rude to ask for an autograph ARG! What if she got her scroll contact. The idol was being dragged into a three way hug and jealousy spiked in her something she had never felt before. What the hell she thought.

She got a little dizzy and shook her head
“No” she said to herself under her breath and continued the thought silently - We’re not here to fawn and chase after pop stars Glaesias you are here to get better… Even if Da thinks I need to be more social…. - Her dual eyes snapped to Koda and Jack. -I’m doing well enough Da bug off!- She thought and cast her father from her mind. Sure she loved him with all her heart - but they had not left on the very best of terms. She’d thought this was all a waste that she learned in the field with the pack the best. Why her Da didn’t believe in her stung.

Blinking she realized she’d been on a mental tangent for a moment and struggled to catch up in the conversation.

“Ah well … I guess I’m kinda a huntress in training already but my Da..” She stalled her words to ensure she didn’t say anything disrespectful of him “He thought my skills could use some honing” No reason to tell them which skills her father thought she failed in. “But yeah I guess it’s just always been expected of me.” She shrugged really unsure how to do the … social side of this she was struggling hard.

Jack bounced in with the speed of his energy and explained his Granda’s crackles she wanted to try one but felt embarrassed to admit she hade never heard of them before. This was when his topic jumped to weapons and Glae’s eyes looked like they glowed with excitement as she started to nod.

This of course was when a Hologram popped up directly between the three and Glaes stepped into a half ready form before she realized what was going on and stopped listening the director of her new school. They were instructed to head the auditorium and Glaes noticed the flow of crowd heading for a large centralized entrance to the school “That has to be it come on guys!” She said breathing a sigh of relief. She had heard about the orientation from one of Da’s pack so she was ready or at least she thought - little did she realize the orientation had changed a great deal since Jerryn’s days at the academy.

In fact after the opening speech and explanation Glaes’ felt a wicked smirk pulling her lips as she approached her launch pad hopefully near Koda’s. She craned her neck hearing someone mention heights down the way and smirked
“this is fucking perfect” Another side seemed to come out of her as she lifted her hand to a strap on the back of her jacket - gave it a tug and released a flap that had been hiding her bow in locked mode tight between her shoulders vertically along her spine. She took the loose flap of fabric and tied the tong clasps tight so that the fabric now crossed her chest and acted as additional armor being infused with dust. She left her left hand to her back and her bow practically leaped off it’s plate and transformed into a nearly 5’ long bow with ornate and wicked recurve design. But … where was her quiver and arrows. She reached into her pocket and yanked out a pair of visor shades that lit up blue once she slid them on. The program syncing with her bow - her wicked smirk looked down right evil at this point as she crouched low waiting for the vault.

✧ ・゚ : * ✧ * * ✧ ・゚ : * ✧

Upon launch Glaes’ could be heard going “WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE” As she shot out and up across the forest. At the arch height of her jump she pulled her arms and bow close while rotating her hips and throwing her legs out sharply like a helicopter spinning so fast she would draw her bow a string of pure Ice Dust formed between her draw fingers and when she loosed it looked like a spiraling tornado of ice bolts flying down.

After she loosed the bolts her legs pulled in slowly calming her spin while with a free hand she issued a bunch of snaps and sharp whistles the bolts exploded into enormous Snow Powder Glyps and she flips just in time to roll off the first then down to the next in a spiral stair case until finally landing off a 5 foot drop lightly onto a tree branch and dropping into a crouch holding bow and draw arm ready while her magenta eyes shot about looking for any and all targets.

- - #bc0282 - - #bfffe7 - - #666366 - -
--- NameisUser NameisUser || Soviet Panda Soviet Panda || MangoGoGo MangoGoGo || JuniperBoi JuniperBoi || Bluffly Bluffly ---

Last edited:
Livi Wulfric
Mentions: Karcen Livi
Interactions:
16489303._SY540_.jpg

Livi stood there watching the speech from the headmaster, the accelerated program sounded a bit weird but exciting to say the least, so she did not mind but the surname Idasra rung a bell in her head but Livi did not know from which church but at least she knew she heard it somewhere at some point so she should know that person.

As Livi walked with the rest of the students toward the emerald forest she inspected her weapons carefully strapping them in on her hands while taking a few small pouches of dust from her bag and tying them around her belt so she could have quick access to them during the test. Once there she awaited the arrival of the teacher in charge of them, but when he arrived she couldn't shake off the feeling of knowing him, but from where she knew him was a hard thing to figure out.

Mr. Idasra's speech made Livi's blood boil whatever that was excitement or rage was hard to tell but she was ready, even more so when he pointed in her general direction while saying something about carrying someone's legacy. But Livi remained vigilant after all that was just a speech and no information was disclosed, the news of having a random partner disheartened hear as that means she might not end up with Vi but she had to have hope. After carefully listening and processing the information given to her by the teacher, she moved to the closest stone platform and awaited the start of the test.

While she stood there she saw Vi's gravity defying stunt which did earn Livi's chuckle and slight blush of approval, but she did have to get serious quick , after all the way down there will not be such a nice journey, so Livi did a few stretches, dragged her scarf to cover her mouth so during the flight she wont swallow no bug and such and just waited for the launch. Livi did feel like she forgot something and that was to leave her bag behind, but she did figure it out and just placed her bag behind her platform hoping to see it there when she comes back with a relic and a partner.

Leon Idasra
Mentions: Britt-21 Britt-21 , Orin Orin , NameisUser NameisUser , Karcen Karcen , americanCaeser americanCaeser , EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen , RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan , Gutsy Gutsy , Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre , Kabyt Kabyt , Soviet Panda Soviet Panda , JuniperBoi JuniperBoi
Interactions: MangoGoGo MangoGoGo Ray.
7c3b6753348c0f149aeaf565ddf4073ff0ab0067r1-416-384v2_hq.png

"Ha ha, very funny, Ms. Cheshire," Leon quipped. "Off to the plate, or I will personally escort you down to the forest."

Leon said this while looking at Vi, who was playfully joking around and defying gravity, though he was intrigued by her semblance, which allowed her to perform such stunts. However, he knew this was not the time to delve into it, especially since another student was causing quite a distraction. There were two of them, one who was staring, later revealed to be his goddaughter and another who cheekily called him "grandpa." Leon decided to wait a bit longer to see if something unexpected would happen, and for people to get ready but of course something happened.

Ms. Berly was suddenly launched into the forest, Leon quickly checked the panel to see if he had caused this or if there was a malfunction with the plate. At the same time, he didn't want anyone else to feel left out, so he began pressing buttons in a random order, sending some students into the air and into the forest, or causing the platform to open beneath them, dropping them down the cliffside, right at the edge of the forest.

Watching the students fall or get launched was quite amusing, especially since he was deliberately trying to catch them by surprise and sending them in small groups. The first unfortunate victims were four male students: Cordovan, Aisuke, Itzal, and Hickory. Seeing their heads vanish from the platform as they plummeted down the cliff was satisfying. This was followed shortly by another set of students: Emile, Livi, Glascea, and Varanus, who were launched into the air.

After these two groups had been sent off, Leon started whistling and continued glaring at the students who remained, positioning himself behind Ray. He decided to send more students off, including Tiffany, Anubis, Koda, and Carmine, enjoying the spectacle of them rising into the air and beginning their descent into the forest.

Finally, Leon prepared to release his last set of four students. However, since Ray Casal's plate was closest to the edge of the cliff, Leon saw an opportunity for a little revenge for being called "grandpa." He dropped Jack, Vi, and Flora down the cliff from their plates. Then using all his strength, he performed a dropkick on Ray's rear, sending him off the cliff with a playful taunt, "See you down there, little man." Under his breath, he added, "Well, time for me to go down and assess the students. Hopefully, the other teachers are already there."

Leon took a few steps back and ran towards the end of the cliff. He jumped off as if he were diving from a diving board, headfirst, falling rapidly. Just before impact, he used his semblance to teleport to the top of one of the many trees, breaking his fall. From the treetops, he observed the students while sending messages to the other teachers. "Let's get this test started. Bizz, Hunter, Noire, you know what to do."

Vi Chesire
mentions:

Vi was a little sad her antics didn't get more attention or seemingly any reaction from the teacher. She did gets some gasps and laughs, but well she just felt like she wanted more right now. Vi didn't think she was the type to want all the attention, but she did want some, perhaps it was a left over from her pet days. A pet did need to be affectionate and seek out attention. Well not all pets did, but you git more of you did.

In the end Vi git on her plate not really planning to go along with how the teacher seemed to want things to go. She didn't really feel like falling like everyone else dhe wanted in some ways to be set a part. She did in some ways have something to prove as she was nearly completly untrained and uneducated. Still she also felt a slight twisting in her gut now that she was seconds away from flight.

She hadn't seen a grimm in over 10 years, at least not in person. She couldn't help but recalling how they had looked back then, monsters made of the darkness it self that seemed to be bigger than everything. Vi tried not to think about it, the grimm weren't like her memories, she had been a child and that made them worse. She had seen them on TV and they didn't seem as scary aa they had back then. She could deal with them and if she couldn't well she could just run abd find anubis. Why her mind went to him as her first choice when seeking safety was a mystery to her.

Vi was so deep in thought, in worries, that she didn't fully realized she had been sent off the cliff and was falling. Vi binked as she came back to reality. Vi quickly activated her semblance and was once more mist floating for a second before she took a new form. The teachers might see a raven flying off as they decended abd one less student falling from the sky.

Vi's plan was simple from here. She would fly around to fond these pieces, scoop one up and fly away. She would not fight if she could get away with it. It wasn't a good plan, but it was a plan.

Tweedle Twins
(Carmine and Cordovahn)
Location: Courtyard -> Auditorium -> Emerald Forest (Outskirts)

Mentions: JuniperBoi JuniperBoi (Headmaster), Megilagor Megilagor (Leon), Karcen Karcen (Vi), Kabyt Kabyt (Glaes)

After finding a relatively familiar place to drop their bags and such before eventually making their way to the auditorium. What followed was a degree of Carmine looking around excitedly, wanting to step away and talk to the many, many interesting people while Cordovahn, on the contrary, kept his brother on a short leash. An unknown place filled with unknown people and unknown... things? Cordovahn's felt paranoid as he glared at everyone suspiciously as opposed to Carmine's curiosity.

"Come on, Cordo. I won't die if I talk with someone for a second!"

"You don't know that."

"... True. But I'm grown, I can handle myself!"

"As the older brother-"

"- By twenty minutes-"

"- By twenty minutes- It's my job to look out for you, and I can't do that while-"

Cordovahn's half ramble, half rant was cut off by the appearance of the graying headmaster and they listened to his speech. Carmine felt both excitement and anxiety at the mention of the Emerald forest. Cordovahn, oddly enough, felt more excitement for the mention of the Vytal Tournament. He was still nervous about the Forest (though he wouldn't admit it), but the Vytal Tournament was where they would make it big! They just had to get there first, and deal with one of the things Cordovahn detested most in the word.

Fellow students.

"Hey, Carmine," Cordovahn whispered conspiratorially as they made their way towards the forest alongside the throng of humanity and faunus, "Remember the plan for being partners?"

Carmine thought for a moment before nodding.

"Yeah. Go down together, meet up, and partner up!"

"Right." Cordovahn nodded. "Then all we gotta do is hope we don't get paired with some shmucks who will slow us down."

"That isn't really nice. Not everyone's a shmuck."

"Carl was a shmuck."

"Oh yeah, big time," Carmine nodded in agreement, "But I don't think we'll run into any Carl's here! I think."

"Whatever..."

Cordovahn shook his head at his brothers naivety. Carmine was nice, but the fact was everyone was a shmuck. Different levels of it, but it was there, and Cordo didn't pretend otherwise. He was wise like that.

Eventually, they made their way to the landing pads and seeing their teacher give a loud introduction to the forest and what to expect (Carmine liked him, he looked cool. Cordovahn thought he was loud and annoying), watching a girl fall off before flying up into the air (Carmine couldn't wait to talk to her, Cordovahn knew he'd hate her), and even seeing a random student launch up which seemed to indicate that they were starting.

The twins commandeered a pair of plates from some faceless students and tapped their knuckles, metal gauntlets making a tink sound as they connected and they donned their helmets and lowered their vizors.

Carmine hefted up his Zweihander, letting the blade rest on his shoulder as he gripped the handle with both hands in excitement. Cordovahn, for his part, hefted Turmschild in front of him like one would a sled.

They were ready. Nothing could go wrong.

And then it did.

Carmine blinked as the first set of students were launched, but not from the very start of the line. No, it was several spots at random intervals. They, naturally, panicked.

"CORDO! CORDO WAIT YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO GO YET!"

"DOES IT Look like... have..."

Cordovahn's shouts faded away quickly, and Carmine suddenly felt the bond between them fade away until it vanished. He felt absolutely...

Completely...

Alone.

Then his own launchpad activated, and Carmine was yelling as he was suddenly flying, at first with surprise, then with excited glee that overcame his loneliness.

Cordovahn Tweedle

Cordovahn was swearing up a storm as he flew through the air. He felt his grip on Turmschild slip almost out of his grasp before he reapplied his grip and pulled it close. The wind was whipping around him, kept out of his face by his steel vizor. His eyes saw the blue and white clouds, before the sight of a green blur rapidly filling his field of view made him realize that his hefty weight was forcing the law of gravity to come down on him like a grade school teacher who found out the class clown was cheating on the test.
Forcing down his anger at the teachers AUDACITY to launch the brothers seperately as well as his own anxiety of being seperated from Carmine, he calmed his breathing and readied himself. His Aura was drawn up and wrapped around him like a cloak and extended to his tower shield. His eyes narrowed as he plumetted, and it seemed as if he was merely falling to his doom. He wasn't making any attempt to break his fall, so if he was gonna do something it had to be now.
But that was the thing about Cordovahn. He didn't bother with over complicated plans or special tricks. When it came to falling strategies, Cordovahn Tweedle had a very simple solution: eat it, and move on.
Cordovahn's muscles tensed and he pulled his shield up as the tips of trees whirled by him. The metal and flesh projectile crashed into a tree trunk and completely obliterated it, as well as the one behind it.
Punching a hole through the canopy, Cordovahn felt his teeth CLACK together as he impacted into the earth with enough force to slide forward a good couple dozen feet, his mighty steel shield tearing up a trench upon impact with the ground. Back at the cliff, the handful of students not yet launched winced at the sight of someone (cordovahn) crashing into the forest like a cannon ball, the cloud of dust heralding the boom of the impact after several seconds of empty silence.
The crater at the end of the trench was choked with dirt and dust in the air, and surely that should've meant that Cordovahn had broken his everything in the crash.
And yet, the elder Tweedle's shield was tossed over the lip, swiftly followed by the dirty yet unharmed Cordovahn who immediately picked it back up. He took a defensive stance, looking back and forth for any sign of attack or danger. When none presented itself, Cordovahn shook his helmeted head and up at the sky.
"... Don't do anything stupid, Car."

Carmine Tweedle

"WOOOOOO-HOOOOOOO!"

Carmine flew through the air, his limbs in a spread eagle descent as he felt the wind embrace and race by him. He had never actually done something like this before, but he heard stories of people who threw themselves from bullheads with nothing but string and cloth to save their life. Absolutely crazy, but now Carmine saw the appeal of it! His heart felt like it was going to race out of his chest, but he paid it no mind for now, merely enjoying the thrill of the fall.

Oh right, fall.

Unlike Cordovahn who only saw blurs from around his shield, Carmine had a better view and understanding of what was happening. he was falling at a downward slope, the green roof of the forest growing ever closer as he glided over it. His arms-wide-open fall had began to slow his descent a lot faster than anticipated. His eyes, visible behind the slit of his helmet, darted around as he quickly took in his options.

There! A clearing!

As he made the final descent, Carmine suddenly reared the arm he held Zweihander with back and hurled it down. The Great Sword cut into the dirt before Carmine landed on it, one foot on the flat of the blade and the other on the handle, and plowed a field in arguably the most badass way imaginable. As his speed rapidly decelerated, Carmine kicked off his sword and landed on his feet, the blade flicked out of the dirt and twirling a few times before Carmine caught it and flourished it to regain control of it.

he held his sword up as he looked around, head jerking back and forth for any sign of Grimm or attack. Aside from the distant sounds of people yelling or what sounds you'd imagine you'd hear from a forest filled with heavily armed teenagers and soulless monsters (or lack thereof), Carmine found himself calm and alone. Alone. That was a weird word. This was probably the farthest he'd been from Cordo in, like, forever.

Carmine wasn't exactly what you'd call a go getter. Sure, he was eager to explore the forest, fight monsters, and meet new people, but there was a reason he let Cordo take the lead most of the time. Now, Carmine only had his own wits and guts to guide him. After taking a deep breath, the dark haired boy nodded to himself.

"Okay. Find Cordo, team up, relic, done. Awesome."

With that plan assembled, Carmine trudged his way into the treeline, determined to reunite with his brother and to get that relic.

Itzal-Profile.png

Itzal Orpheus

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Itzal continued to fiddle with his weapons, ignoring the bustle around him. Eventually, he appeared to be somewhat satisfied with his preparation, or simply resigned himself, and looked over at instructor chucklefuck. "So, are we gonna get a countdown o-" And suddenly, Itzal's feet were off the ground with a startled scream following the launch.

That asshole definitely did that on purpose, or so Itzal thought.

He flew threw the air, flailing slightly as the adrenaline suddenly shot through his body. His eyes noted how fast the greenery seemed to travel under him as his descent began.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck!

Itzal gripped his pistols tighter as he dived towards a rather large tree. On the one hand he was panicking, but the other part of him was honed in, focused on how to survive this. Instinct drove him and as he neared the tree in question, he aimed his pistols down and in front of him. Firing them both, the force from the shots lifted and slowed his descent just slightly. Then, with a flick of his wrist, the handguns transformed into knives which he hooked onto a thick branch. The inertia pushed him forward, swinging him under and up, and with a spin Itzal landed rather smoothly in a crouched position on said branch.

The Faunus froze for a second, arms outstretched to balance, as he processed that he had in fact landed and done so rather well. A nervous chuckle escaped him, partially surprised.

"Ha-Hah..! ...Reflexes like a cat..." He mused, somewhat impressed with himself. However, then the branch he stood upon gave way, weakened by the cuts of his blades, resulting in him tumbling down and landing rather unceremoniously on the ground below. "...I liked the sand in Vacuo better anyway..." He murmured, offended at the betrayal of nature.

1000003375.jpg
Koda De Witte

Interactions:

As Koda stood among her fellow initiates, her eyes fixated on the figure of Leon, the Beacon Academy teacher tasked with overseeing the initiation test. His entrance was nothing short of spectacular, a display of unique abilities and diverse personalities that defined the academy. Utilizing his semblance, he had teleported right in front of a student who had been teasing another about their fear of heights. This brief, playful exchange effectively underscored the extraordinary qualities of Beacon's students and the unconventional approach to their training.

When Leon assumed the center stage, his demeanor shifted into one of stern authority, yet he spoke with a compelling conviction. His words resonated with Koda as he stressed the significance of the initiation and acknowledged the myriad motivations propelling the students forward. The reminder about the gravity warning sign elicited a subtle nod from Koda. She had noticed it earlier and appreciated the caution, particularly given her occasional bouts of clumsiness. Leon's description of the impending challenges, from confronting Grimm to evading traps and claiming a relic, struck a chord deep within her. She comprehended that this trial represented a crucial step in her journey towards becoming a Huntress.

Following Leon's directives, a palpable sense of anticipation filled the air as the students made their final preparations. Koda watched her fellow initiates as they bustled about, their anxious glances and excited exchanges filling the moment with both tension and excitement. The lingering question of who her partner would be weighed on her mind, knowing that the first person she crossed paths with after their descent would become her test partner.

As the minutes ticked away, Koda couldn't help but steal glances at her fellow students. The crowd represented a melting pot of diverse individuals, each carrying their own unique stories and motivations for being there. Some radiated unyielding determination, while others were consumed by palpable nervous energy. The thick forest below them offered a complex mixture of challenges and opportunities, waiting to be explored. In the midst of this anticipation, Leon's distinct personality added an intriguing layer of entertainment to the event. Koda's gaze was drawn to his interactions with other students, filled with playful banter and quick thinking. It became evident that Beacon Academy was a place where surprises and unpredictable moments were par for the course.

And then, the initiation test began in earnest, and Koda experienced a sudden, forceful launch into the air. Her heart raced with a potent mixture of excitement and trepidation as the forest floor rapidly approached. As she descended through the forest's treetops, the canopy appeared as both an inviting and perilous landscape. Her descent was marked by a mix of controlled falls and graceful glides between branches. Yet, as the forest floor loomed closer, an unforeseen miscalculation led to a less-than-graceful collision with a decaying tree. With a muffled groan and a flurry of leaves and splinters, she rebounded from the clumsy collision and managed to use it to her advantage. The unexpected encounter with the tree acted as a makeshift buffer, ultimately leading to a safer landing than she had anticipated. Though her landing may not have been the smoothest, it was undoubtedly memorable.

Amid the undergrowth, Koda took a moment to regain her composure and survey her surroundings. The forest surrounding her was a labyrinth of shadows and unfamiliar sounds, a daunting landscape that was now her testing ground. Her training had prepared her for moments like this, but the actual experience was a different matter entirely. She could feel the pulse of her own heartbeat as she took her first steps forward, embarking on a journey filled with challenges, camaraderie, and self-discovery. The trials and tribulations she would face in the depths of the forest would be the crucible that would shape her into the Huntress she aspired to become.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back