• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Quiet Signs of Love (YukiUchiha &Lexxy)

Lexus

Ten Thousand Club
The frost on the school windows had grown apparent as the sunlight casted it's rays upon the crusted snow that has no slowly begun to melt. Taylor, he held a silent appreciation for these world wonders that no one else cares enough about to stop and witness for themselves. The world was a busy place, no one thought they had time to enjoy the little things. The world for him was a totally different perspective however, it was a quiet place where he has nothing but time to notice what others didn't. The works around him amazed him in a way he himself could not understand but he went with it. He has nothing else. Taylor wasn't what most would consider "acceptable." In their circle of friends because he was different. Society frowned on difference because it meant others were too close minded to see that just because people are different doesn't make them any less of a person than the acceptable view of an individual in today's sickening society. Taylor shrugged it off though, he understood. After all not many people knew how to interact with a Deaf kid, it was too intimidating.

@YukiUchiha

The frost always made Victoria smiled. She remembers the day back when she played the violin in the snow. Victoria isn't like most teenagers. Yeah she has just about every social media known and yes she has friends who are jocks but there was just something about her that everyone said was different. She was different. She couldn't be categorized into one single type of person like most teens. You had your jocks and your cheerleaders, you had your rockers, your preps, your gamers, but Victoria wasn't any of those. She was a mixture of all of them really. She looked at life in a different manner. She didn't care if she had a boyfriend or not. She didn't try and make others like her. She just focused on her. Her family, her school work, her violin, and of course her sport. Nothing else in the sickening world mattered. She watched as the frost slowly began to melt away and she couldn't help but smile. Seasons were changing and she was ready for it.

Taylor, drawing pencil in hand began to sketch the scenery of the frosted snow without even a thought, drawing was natural to him, a second nature, he didn't need to think, somehow the image in his head came to life on the paper without him even paying attention. When he was satisfied he set the pencil down and looked from the paper to the window and back at the paper, it was identical. Smiling at the accomplishment Taylor put the notepad and pencil back in his bag and headed for the front steps of the school when the morning bell rang, instead of hearing the sound he felt the vibration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Victoria, violin in her hand, was practicing for her audition into Juliard. Violin was a way she was able to speak and go be honest, Juliard was always a dream she had. When she heard bell ring, she put away the violin she was using and walked to her class. She went into English and sat down but she noticed the desk were in pairs and every desk was taken except the back two. She sat at one of those and waited to see her partner would be. She hoped it was someone she knew or someone she could work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taylor walked into the class soon after and saw the only open seat and walked towards it. Sitting down he smiled over at the girl in acknowledgement and pulled out his things. He had seen her in this class before but he didn't pay attention, usually he sat by himself but someone must have been added to the class for there to be no seats left.

Victoria smiled back at Taylor and listened to their lecture what their assignment was. They had to write a short story about the person beside them but it wouldn't be due until the last day of the nine-weeks. Victoria watched as their teacher walked over to Taylor and began to use sign language. So the boy sitting next to her was deaf or going deaf. Okay, now Ashley knew something about the boy. Their teacher looked at Victoria and explained that this would be challenging for her but Ashley didn't mind. She liked challenging things. She looked at Taylor and smiled again then wrote on a piece of paper, "My names Victoia. What's yours?"

Last edited by a moderator:
(Some how Ashley took Victoria's spot. I hate when I mix characters up. xD )

Taylor picked his head up as the teacher walked over and explained to him what the assignment was and signed back a simple. "thank you." To the teacher with a smile and turned to Victoria when he saw the paper he smiled brightly at the paper and looked up at her with glowing eyes. She was actually trying to communicate, something not many people did. Taking his pencil he wrote back in clean, nice handwriting, he worked hard when growing up to perfect his hand writing to match that of a hearing person's. "My name is Taylor." He wrote before sliding the paper bak over to her.

(Omg thank you for pointing that out xD I always get confused.)

Victoria saw that Taylor was happy because she was trying to communicate with him. She smiled at him then at the paper and wrote back, "I like it. So what do you like to go in your free time?" She pushed the paper back to him and kept the smile on her face. She was glad she made Taylor happy. She could tell most people simply ignored him and well, Victoria wasn't going to do that.

(You're welcome ^~^)

Taylor looked back at the paper and smiled again, looking out the window he spotted a tree with ice hanging from the branches and drew a quick sketch that was still detailed but small and handed it back to her wrinkling his nose.

Victoria looked at the small little sketch and smiled softly. She loved it. She looked out at the tree and drew a cardinal that she found sitting on the branch. It was a small sketch but detailed, not like Taylor's but close enough. she then wrote, "You draw. I like it. It's perfect for a quick sketch." She said and drew a smiling face.

Taylor read her reply and shook his head with a laugh showing his teeth and wrote back. "Not really but thanks for the compliment, what about you? What do you like to do?" Taylor, stupid as it sounded found a new excitement out of this interaction and he was glad she reached out to him.

Victoria smiled at his laugh and smiled back at him as he began to write. She looked at the paper and smiled softly. Nobody ever really cared about what she did. "You are really good at drawing even if you don't think so but I play the violin and write my own pieces at times. I also play volleyball just for the fun of it." she wrote back as she smiled. This way of communicating was different for her but she enjoyed it honestly.

Taylor went wide eyed at what she wrote. He was impressed. "You're a busy girl then." When he finished writing the bell rang do he stood up and collected his things and bent down to write something else on the paper. "Nice meeting you Victoria. :) "

Victoria smiled as she looked up at Taylor when bell rang. She looked back down on the paper and told him to wait. She wrote on the same piece of paper, "214-555-6676. If you have a phone text me. Username for any social media is Toria_13. I would like to talk to you outside of school." She said and smiled then grabbed her things.

Taylor nodded and waved in farewell to Victoria and folded the paper and putting in in his backpack and leaving the class.

Victoria smiled and then walked off to her next class and arriving she sat down and smiled as she thought about Taylor. They were partners for the next 6 weeks. She should try and learn sign language just for him.

The next couple days the two past notes to one another and got to know each other better. One day after class the two sat in the grass and he had her sit against the tree as he sketched her. When he was done he passed her the notepad. It was a spot on detailed picture of her except it wasn't colored.

Victoria couldn't help but laugh as he began to sketch her. She smiled at him the entire time and then when he finished, her smile got bigger and her face seemed to glow. She learned a little sign language but it wasn't enough to communicate with him with. She got a paper and wrote, "I love it! You are one amazing person when it comes to drawing." She had a big smile on her face and she didn't care what others thought about her. She enjoyed spending time with Taylor.

Troy smiled at her note and pointed to "I love it!" And demonstrated the sighs for it. He nodded as she followed his direction. Making a fist with his dominant hand he kissed it. (I can't find a video for the song xD )

Ashley smiled as Taylor demonstrated the sign for it. She began to copy what he was doing and then laughed and smiled. The fact that she was learning sign language to communicate with Taylor better was just something nice she wanted to do. ( xD haha omg.)

Taylor nodded again and then showed her the sign for music and wrote the corresponding word on the paper. [media]

[/media]

Victoria took her non-dominant hand and held it out then used her dominant one to away back and forth like Taylor showed her. She smiled. She was learning more and more each day and it made her happy. She waited for the day they could actually communicate through sign language.

(I love sign so much omg it's so beautiful [emoji173]️)

Taylor taught her signs as the went along and was excited when she remembered what she had been taught later on. However, one day he decided she had earned his trust, she was a real friend so like any other day she had a note for him saying hello, instead of writing. "Hello." He says with a smile. His voice smooth and and gentle. Of course if was a little off because he couldn't hear himself talk to an extent but over the years with speech therapy he learned to speak as clearly as a hearing person

Victoria smiled at Taylor and was a little shocked when he said hello. She loved the sound of his voice however. It sounded as if nothing was wrong with him. She tried to think back to the basics she learned with Taylor and then in sign, said, "Hello. How was your day?" She struggled a bit but she was trying and she was happy he trusted her.

Taylor smiled faintly towards her and corrected her gently leaning over her. "My day is good." He both voiced and sighed. Taking the seat beside her. "I can hear you though." He says with a laugh pointing to his hearing aids. Most of the time he turned them off because he wasn't end to see who in the world would try to enter his world. Victoria was one of those people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back