• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Power School

Without remorse, he grabs her, and embraces her in a hug, if she goes up in flames she will burn him, if she does not she will have to fear what situation she is in, and fear can do many things "just stay calm nat, just stay calm" He know's the first couple of times will hurt, including the burns he know's he will get once she goes up in flames, but he is here to help his friend and he can not back down from that.

He looks at the new girl and gives her a disgruntled glare " no, thats not why this stream is like the school ,take it like this, its always changing, including whats inside of it, but whats on the outside almost everything stay's the same, as for the stream each second of its life is changing, the school is like the stream, and so am I. Also were kind of using it" he tugs natalie tighter as if she were to escape. "

Her hair extinguishes at his touch and she sighs. "I'm scared." She says quietly, and she glances over to the girl who had been picking up rocks. "Hello." She says a small smile popping onto her face.

She smiles back but grimaces just a little at the boy. She was the one to do the word play, after all. "Tell me, everything comes to an end, so, just in pure theory, how do you suspect this school will?" She cocks her head to the side in a decidedly smug way. "Time makes things change, as you are implying. Time also ends things." She looks back to the school, grinning.

"just count to ten, and if that does not work, just hug me tight, burn me, do what you can to get rid of that fear" he says this with a smile on his face, he knows that whatever she does he will be beside her. Looking over at the girl he gives her a smile, he took her for the riddle type, so his mind buzzed thinking of good riddles "but the ending is yet a begining, at every end there is a beggining at every stop there is a go, its the same for the opposite, things may change and end and then start up again, but they are all the same. This school may end by any ones hand's or by the water above our heads falling upon us, but when it does, surely there will be another that rises from its demise" he stops and thinks over his thoughts "he who builds me but does not use me, he who buys me does not like me, he who uses me does not know he uses me. what am i?"

"You forgot. I'm the one that asks the questions. But the answer is simple -- a -- a..." She slowly looks more and more scared, shaking her head. "A, uh, school. Yeah, a school!" She looks around nervously, even though she has the wrong answer. For once, a riddle had cracked her. This was embarrassing. "Whatever the answer is, I still am aware this school will end. I predict soon enough, but who am I to say that? I don't have foresight as a power."

" a coffin" he says reaching out to pat her on the head, he holds natalie close still as he feel's her shiver's against his body, he looks at the new girl up and down and realizes that she seem's scared, had he cracked her " my names solarice... you can call me sol though, and your name is, of course not to interrupt you question making" he tries not to dwell on what she said about the school ending, maybe she was right, maybe she was wrong.

"Heather. Heather Skinner -- famous psychologists name, actually. He did tests with rats in boxes, which I feel is very fitting." She laughs. "Of course, his name didn't begin with 'Heather.' Nice to meet you, Sol. And who's this other person you're holding? She seems very kind. I like those kinds of people." She seems more relaxed now, smiling sweetly at the two. They seemed good enough. Both were tolerable. She extends her arm to shake the girl's hand.

Natalie shakily lets go of Sol, and shakes the girl's hand. "I'm Natalie, it's nice to meet you." She says, giving her a sweet smile. She then releases the girl's hand and stares at the water. She flinches as it splashes up on her feet, and her hair is engulfed in flames along with her hands. "Dang it." She says, backing away from the water.

She steps back, nearly tripping on one of her stones. "Erm, I'm assuming that's the reason you're here?" She laughs, briefly remembering the school's workshop being mostly made of wood, and continues to smile. "I wouldn't be that scared of the water, trust me. I have my fears as well. Inferiority, to be exact!" She laughs again looking from side to side, making sure that they weren't suspicious over her.

he lets her go, she had stayed in long enough " good job, we will restart in a minute" as he walks out of the water, he takes her hands and puffs out the fires, burning his skin, he winces as he does the same to her hair, his hands are burnt know, but the pain is nothing compared to when..... he forgets the thought that lingered then. looking at heather he tries to remember the reason she seemed odd to him, its amiss as he turns to natalie " you ok" he says this forgetting about himself, whenever he thinks of yayna or natalie, he loses himself, as if he would give them anything.

She decides to remove the rocks and put them on the shore, so that there'd be more room for them to practice whatever they were practicing. The water is shallow at this one point, only a few inches deep. Further on she predicts it would get deeper. She pats Natalie's shoulder in an attempt to comfort her. "You don't have to worry, water really isn't that bad. After all, it's what this school runs on."

Sammei stared into the school's doors. "Juuust great." She grunted, bright blue hues fixated on every detail of the building. She walked through the doors cautiously, so many mutants and things she has never seen before. Honestly, Sammei thought she was the only type of differentiated one living in the world. Obviously, Sammei was completely wrong. She searched for someone that would be like her, but a first impression was always about her.

She grabs his hands and stares down at them worriedly. "Why? Why would you do that? I hurt you." She said, tears brimming in her eyes. "You shouldn't have done that." She says, she hated hurting people, it was the worst thing. Especially Sol, he was the first person other than Crispin that had showed her kindness at this school. She then looks to Heather. "Thanks for that." She says, a note of sarcasm in her voice.

She realizes she didn't comfort her, and instead made her feel worse. "I... must go. I heard there's another student coming today, actually! Isn't that exciting?" She picks a few rocks up and pockets them. She quickly walks away, saying nothing, shaking. Her paranoia that the school would go down soon increased. She walks towards the front doors before spotting a new person.

"because this is what I will do for you, for anyone who shall become my friend i shall lay my safety on the line, and I guess because that is who I am" he shows her his hands one more time as they start to regenerate, its a slow process " but you may not know of the things i can do, so you will just have to stick with me and my craziness while o protect you, and anyone else who i come to become friends with." he try's a smile as heather walks away " hey wait up a sec, maybe we can come with, I want to see every face" he then turns to Natalie once again bringing her in to a hug " you wanna come with, today you have almost beat fear, let us get a new friend as well... that is if you want to" His choice would be her choice .

She continues to shake. The school was full of ghosts, in a (mostly) non-literal sense, of course. Its mission was outdated. A bigger school should rise from the ashes, but the school remained. Heather realizes a few things. People here have powers. She could manipulate people. Those powers could destroy things. She could, therefor, destroy the school. She tries as hard as she can to shake the thought off.

"Yeah." She says, and pulls away from the hug. "Just. I just. I don't want to hurt you, Sol." she says, and she looks down slightly. She hated hurting people with her powers, it reminds her of her old school, that boy who had been picking on her friend, her friend who had abandoned her because of her power. A tear slips from her eye, but she brushes her hair in front of her face to hide it.

he notices the tear, he would have to be careful with nat, she was a gentle person with a chaotic power, kind of like him. He let out a loud yawn and patted nat on the back "when you hurt me, it is not hurting you, nor does it make me fear or hate you. You just dont know how to control it, so I will help you" looking back over to the lack he grinned as he lifted about a gallon into the air and brought it over to them. lifted above her head and then.... he threw it right in front of heather, chuckling under his breath.

Heather would normally be pissed, but she's glad he did that to get her out of a miniature catatonic state. The school suddenly looked stable and safe to her. High security was everywhere. Still, the existential feeling that she could murder someone made her shake, even if it was just a little bit. She looks back at him, grimacing and smiling. "That was just cruel of you, you know." One of her eyes twitches.

Nat bites her lip, trying not to laugh. She then walks up to Heather and smiles. "I'm sorry, I was sarcastic with you back there. I'm hydrophobic if it wasn't already obvious." She says, her eyes apologetic and her hands clasped tightly in front of her. So tightly that the knuckles turned white.

((I am going to log off now, its time for me to sleep. Night everyone.))

" you seem dazed" he say's chuckling a little, she was going to be his friend, but he had to take a different approach with her, he felt power from her, stronger then natalie, he knew if she was not on his side, things would go wiry. " he looks at nat then trying a smile, it felt weird when she was talking to someone else, almost as if he was jealous. he shakes this off walking of towards the building with them.

Heather smiles, knowing it wasn't her fault. "Oh, it's fine. I'd be sarcastic as well." She laughs, patting her head carefully to make sure she wasn't burning up. "Also, if I do anything stupid or just downright horrible, it's something... uh, listen, I'll tell you later, as it's kinda long." The glass around the dome feels eerily transparent, like there was no boundary between the water and herself.

[[Also, g'night!]]

Odd, he try's to shake what she said off, but it lingers. Taking a couple steps forward he notices something in the distance, it's a big whale behind the glass, its beautiful and it strays by the dome for a while, the goes away, as if this encounter were normal in its life.

Nat gives Heather a strange look, then shrugs her shoulders. She then sees what Sol was looking at and smiles. "That was a very beautiful whale." She says, nudging him slightly and smiling up at him..

"yeah, it was" sol's gaze is still up at the dome around them, its fascinating what humans can do when they put there mind to it. Letting his step slow so he was slightly behind natalie, he looks down at her. She had been smiling at him, he turns his face as it flushes a deep crimson, and then he starts to hum , its soft and gentle, and then he starts to whistle, then sing out. ((this is the song [media]

[/media]))
Once he stops a tear rolls down his eye, that was the song, the song his mother sang him when she died.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back