• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy PHANTASMA: SCHOOL OF THE STRANGE

"Guys wait I spaced out again what's happening again?", Maggie said as she stared at the concrete wall, entranced by the myriad dents and bumps in the surface.

Last edited by a moderator:
Susie continued to head towards Richter's class, before, she overheard some generic students talking about 'that Creepy Wizard Starweaver'. Ah, so it was a ruse, to make the unworthy initiates head towards the improper class. A way of weeding them out, well I can't show to the incorrect meeting place for the occultists. Susie thought to herself stopping in her steps. She spun around and headed towards the gathering place where the Most Powerful and Mysterious Starweaver, was sure to be. Now then, I wonder what school of magic the head of this gathering is most practiced in? And, what rituals would they be willing to share? Susie thought as she continued onwards.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Achim, glanced at the Maggie who was fascinated with a concrete wall, not that far from class. Junkyard barked happily, enjoying the walk. "Hush." Achim said to his loyal companion.
... I really have my work cut out for me. But you can reach her Achim, though it will be a task that will test your spirit. "You there, I just want to be positive on this, you are Margaret Gorski right?"

"Yes. Let us head to class."Helada stated. She carried them both as she headed for Ritcher's class. She walked by Susie, going the wrong direction. Surely she had an important reason to be going the wrong way, so Helada didn't say anything.

Upon arriving at the front door, Helada got down on one knee. "We have arrived. Please watch your step while exiting my arms."

Richter scrawled a marker across the whiteboard, penning down his name.

He wasn't quite sure why he was delegated to this class. Perhaps it was some weird joke he'd never caught onto. Still, he'd teach it to the best of the abilities. His converted basement was converted into a completely sanitary and surprisingly well lit, spacious room. Metal tables formed rows, and stoves lined the walls. A single walk-in fridge stood in one corner.

"Good evening class, and welcome to culinary arts. I will be teaching you today." the vampire stated. 
"Yes~!" Anya cheered, climbing over Lily and onto the ground.

"Guys I am the best at cooking." she smiled. 'The super best. We should form a team, and then I can show you how good I am!"

Well, I suppose they shall not learn the secrets that will be taught. Susie thought to herself, as she headed to the meeting spot, where Starweaver was sure to be.

Lily climbed out of Helada's arms after Anya. She'd thought the girl misread something, because culty was not a word, and had indeed hoped for such a class. A class in which Lily could show off her cooking skills. A real class that had real world benefits; unlike creative writing or running out in the cold until you pass out.

"Thanks, Helada," said Lily, patting the armor on her skull-shaped shoulder pads.

"You know, I'm pretty good at cooking too Anya. If you're going to call yourself the super best, you'd better be ready to impress me."

"And suddenly I've become the rival, just like in my Japanese cartoons!"

Susie easily found herself outside the door of Starweaver's classroom. She knocked on it, "Elder Wizard? Elder Wizard Starweaver?" she asked. It is probably a test of will. Susie moved down and sat cross-legged, a few feet aways, in-front of the door waiting. I just need to be patient.

"Wait until you taste my food, Lily! I'll have you know I'm probably the best cook around!" Anya shouted.

"Looks like we got our first group." Richter said, removing his coat. "You three. Grab a table, get some aprons and hats on. Don't forget to wash your hands."

The vampire rolled up his sleeves, and donned an apron as he divvied everyone into small groups. "I haven't had time to figure out your skill, so I'm giving you free reign. Cook something up and have it ready by the end of class. Don't forget to wash your hands."

Lily sincerely doubted that Anya was 'the best cook around', but she was so enthusiastic about Lily tasting her food that the Alraune would probably try whatever she made anyways so as not to make the child sad.

And also she was hungry.

Lily went ahead and picked out a table, making certain to put on her apron and hat as well as wash her hands. She was a little annoyed that the teacher had assumed that she was just like those other filthy urchins in the class, but supposed he could be forgiven for not naming her as an exception. Probably to make the rest of the students feel better.

Lily was best with pies, so she would need to get the mise en place together and get everything going soon if she wanted it to get done before class ended.

Helada wasn't sure why she had to learn how to make food, but she guessed one couldn't be too sure. Maybe one day her cooking skills might save someone. She went over and grabbed the biggest apron to wrap around herself, then grabbed a hairnet and placed it over her floating crown. She then went over to wash her gauntlets and followed Lily to their table.

"What shall we create for consumption?" She asked. "I don't have much of a taste, so you two may decide."

Anya donned a hat, and a slightly too-large apron, placing her hands on her hips, and showing off a heroic pose.

"As a matter of fact, I happen to be an expert at baking! We should make something sweet and tasty." she declared. "I'm thinking a fish-tomato pie."

Lily really was losing confidence in Anya's cooking when she suggested... 'fish-tomato pie'. It didn't sound very appetizing, especially to an inferior mammalian palate. Then again, it might be delicious.

"No... probably not. I think I'll abandon ship."

"Well, I was going to do a pie as well. I normally do fruits, but I thought I would challenge myself with a meat pie. Beef and pork should be good."

Lily began getting her ingredients together and measuring everything out.

"I'll just make my pie and you and Anya can work together, Helada. More pies means more chances to impress."

"I don't want to crush Anya's creativity, so I'll let her do as she wants for now. Hopefully it won't be so bad, and she'll be able to get it done with Helada's help."

"Oh. I guess mine's kinda like a meat pie too, then?" Anya said, grabbing a smoked carp, which she began lathering with chocolate sauce.

"Helada, could you fill a pie crust with ranch dressing for me?" she asked.

[dice]1267[/dice]

[dice]1268[/dice]

Lily was ready to show both the teacher and Anya her true power. With the precise measurements and attention to detail of an alchemist, she quickly readied her pie crust.

"Tender and flaky, tender and flaky," she muttered, recalling the words of the greatest alchemist to have ever existed; Alton Brown.

While she let her dough chill, she started preparing the meat that would go inside. This was a lull in the action, so she took the chance to glance over at what Anya was doing.

And instantly every hope she had in the girl was crushed. Maybe the chocolate was a mole or in a wine reduction. Maybe. But with ranch dressing too? Lily was frightened at the tasting to come, and fretted over how she would handle the situation.

[dice]1270[/dice]

Susie continued sitting down in the doorway. She clasped her hands together as she rested her elbows on her crossed knees. It is a test of patience, only those who are truly willing are allowed in. And those who realize that the ruse was a ruse. Odd that not a single one of them, other than myself knew it was a ruse. Susie contemplated to herself. She continued staring at the door.

Maggie turned to face the teacher, absentmindedly patting Junkyard on the head as she responded.

"Oh, hi Mr. Motorcycles! I'm Maggie. What's happening with you? I think I'm heading for class but then I started looking at these cracks on the wall and I kind of spaced out. I should probably do that now, huh?"

Hm, well I shouldn't keep them longer, after all they do have class to attend. He glanced at Junkyard, who eagerly panted at Maggie, enjoying the petting. "Well, I just wanted to be sure I remembered your name. Well, remember to study and have a fine day, oh, and get to class. It is important to attend your classes now. Oh, if your teacher complains about you being tardy, just come back to me, and I will write you a note, excusing you for that. But remember to be punctual in the future." Achim gave a friendly wave to Maggie as he walked with Junkyard back to his classroom.

"Mmmmmmmmkay.", Maggie said as she wandered off through the halls, coming to a stop by Susie outside of Prof. Starweaver's room.

"Psst. Hey. Hey Susie. Hey.", she whispered, "Whatcha waitin' for? You scared or somethin'?"

With that, she pulled open the door, revealing... the culinary arts classroom?

_________

The Most Powerful and Mysterious Sebastian Starweaver was momentarily awoken from his nap by a shrill buzz, indicating someone had attempted to open his locked door, activating the enchantment and causing it to instead open to another, completely different randomly-determined classroom, thus making any students that happened to come by someone else's problem.

The Most Powerful and Mysterious Sebastian Starweaver went back to sleep.

Susie glanced back at Maggie, "T-the test of patience..." She mumbled to herself. In her mind she felt like a thousand souffles collapsed on themselves in the oven. Susie slowly got up, turned around and glanced at Maggie. "T-the p-patience..."

"Ah, newcomers!" Richter greeted the two girls with a frown, even as he basked in the steamy aromas filling the classroom.

"We're having a free cooking period, to test your skills. Pair up with each other and make something. Show me what you can do!" he said.

Maggie put her hands on her hips and looked at Susie, giving her a cheerful, "Su-usie, you can't have patients - you aren't even a real doctor! Besides, this is chef class, not doctor class. Gosh.", Maggie grabbed the other girl's hand, half-dragging her into the room, "C'mon, I'll make you soup just like my mom does it! That'll cheer you up!"

Susie was actually tearing up a bit. That precious knowledge! The Test of Patience! So that I could see what magical secrets the leader of the gathering would be able to teach! She thought to herself. "C-chef... c-class?" She said in melancholic fashion. ... If only I had mother's natural talent at the subject. She thought as Maggie dragged her into the classroom, which she didn't notice due to the lamenting. "I w-was still in the test... It would only have been a matter of time." She mumbled outloud.

Maggie soaped and rinsed her hands and began rooting through the ingredients, "Okay Susie, wash your hands and fill that stockpot up with water while I get the stuff ready."

Maggie pulled out a variety of vegetables, spices, and starches, laying them out on the table as Susie did whatever Susie was doing..

That knowledge! Susie said to herself, as she placed on a hairnet. All that knowledge! What secrets did I miss, that Test of Patience... It was only a matter of time. She thought while she soaped up her hands, and vigorously cleaned them. ... Now instead of dealing with the intangible knowledge... I am dealing with chef things. If only I listened to mother when she tried teaching these things. Susie grabbed the nearby stockpot, and began filling it with water. "A-alright..."

Maggie immediately set about making soup in a manner unbefitting of her usual clumsiness and ineptitude.

"Okay! Now we put it on the burner, an' we turn it up to high, and we add a little of this, an' a little of that ... can you pass me that jar there? I need a little for the broth ... Don't drop that spoon, Susie! Gosh, you're looking kinda worn-out ... Okay, lemme just open the lid and- oh wow that's hot ... and now we turn it down to low heat ... Aaaaaaand it's done!"

Maggie ladled a little bit of soup into a nearby bowl, blowing on it to cool it off and probing it with her long, ribbonlike tongue until it had cooled enough to taste. She tried a spoonful.

[dice]1323[/dice]

"It's alright." Maggie said.

"Not as good as my mom's, though."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back