• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy PHANTASMA: SCHOOL OF THE STRANGE

ComradeSenpai

One Thousand Club
  • In a world where magic has permeated the world of mundane reality known as Earth...

life went on as normal.

But cooler.

This is a school RP taking place in an alternate history wherein many high fantasy races suddenly spawned and populated modern day Earth. One hundred and fifty years in the future, the political climate has been altered, and many species now peacefully coexist.

The titular setting is a school that celebrates togetherness and cooperation between all demihumans.

THE SCHOOL

• Located in rural Pennsylvania, the Michael Orange Dorm School for Community Education is one of the greatest advocates of magtec the world over. Originally created by Michael Orange and a group of like-minded philanthropists to better foster unity among humans and demihumans.

CURRENT WORLD STATE

• Post-War America is a true melting pot containing nearly every race you can think of. Besides the immigration of elves and dwarves and all manner of monster, society is largely the same in 2150.

Magic is taught semi-regularly, but its secrets are often hidden by expensive college classes. There is a rapidly growing movement among its students to teach it in public schools.

Technology has advanced to slightly more advanced levels. Militarily, exoskeletons are very expensive military projects. Railgun and coilgun tech has made large advances and has more or less replaced conventional artillery. Plastic rifles are still common, but the military uses domestically designed firearms. Conventional bullets are still the norm. Laser technology has seen some field use, but has not been implemented into a conventional military.

In the civilian world, tech has only seen a relatively small boost. Electric cars are common, and the country is currently switching to green energy; reformatting the power layout has created an economic boost and numerous jobs.

Magitech is in its very earliest stages, and is a new form of science that still needs all forms of experimentation.

A similar situation exists in Japan and parts of Western Europe, such as the UK and France.

Last edited by a moderator:
FRIDAY, JANUARY 30. 2150A.D. 7:00am

The Sun rose gently, casting a warm ray of sunshine amidst the cold winter blanketing the school. As the students groggily exited their beds, bathed, and ate their breakfasts, they were unaware that today would be just like any other day.

~GAME START~

Achim was currently outside of his classroom, wearing his one of his leather biker jackets, which had large leather shoulder patches on it. He glanced down underneath the window, as he checked on the condition of the ramp. He gave it a good kick, and judged the response. Good, it is still in good condition. He said, as he released a puff of air, visible due to the condensation. He went back to his motorcycle, which still had the engine humming. He got back on, and kicked the kickstand off, as he drove back towards the parking section.

Margaret was wide-eyed and awake, happily tucking into her ham and eggs, pausing only to greet any shambling, zombielike students that passed her table with a little wave and a cheerful "Good morning!"

Yes, Margaret was well and truly a morning person- and come to think of it, a night person as well. An afternoon person, too. Really, she just had a good time regardless of the hour.

________

Sebastian slouched in his chair as he stroked his beard, one crusty eye roaming around the room. Did he have class today? He wasn't sure.

Perhaps he should get something to eat.

Martin McLaughlin, better known as Martin Magnus, had been up for an hour already. Real men were used to early early mornings and could reach tip top shape with only two hours of sleep every 24, after all. He'd already had his breakfast, an ungodly amount of food suitable for men about twice his size including plenty of fruit and self-squeezed orange juice. As in he grabbed oranges from the kitchen and squeezed them in his hand until he filled up a big, tall glass. While other people just started to get out of bed he was already in the school's gymnasium, doing absurd things like completely vertical situps while holding several sets of weights. Nothing like a mild workout to start the morning with. He idly wondered when he'd have to teach things to them younguns.

Anya yawned as she pushed herself from her bed, lazily rubbing her eyes. She shut off the Hello Kitty alarm clock, and sat up, yawning.

She tried to stand, but bumped her head on the top bunk.

"Ow! Sorry..." she said to the flower pod above. She hadn't roomed here very long, but she did know her bunk was right below the flower girl's. It was odd they hadn't talked before.

As she went through her dresser, Anya decided she'd try and stir up a conversation with Lily. It'd be good to have a new friend here.

Achim parked his motorcycle back in the garage, in its usual spot as he strolled back towards the cafeteria, with the usual stride. As he entered in he went up to the tender who had a large metal ladle inside a large drum of gruel. "Usual." he said as he held out a bowl, as the sludgy substance slithered down into the bowl, in a sticky crawl. It plopped in, as a large unidentifiable chunk of brown substance floated to the top. He nodded, as he left the line and sat down with his bowl of gruel, and a simple spoon.

Helada watched the others as they got ready for class. Being a suit of armor, she didn't really need to things to get ready, heck, she didn't even have a helmet to shine! "During your sleep. No intruders detected." She said. Since she also didn't need to sleep, she could also act as an alarm clock, bodyguard, AND security camera all at once.

Achim plopped the spoon into the gruel, as he sat near the back of the cafeteria. The spoon, sank down into the gruel slowly, as if the gruel was a gelatinized mass, which it was. He poked the greenish brown substance, as the material rippled a bit from the touch. He smiled, as he pulled out a still jiggling chunk of gruel, as he slurped it into his mouth and began chewing on it. Yeah, this is some good gruel.

Lily felt a small tremor coming from the bottom bunk, and awoke slightly annoyed. There was a big creak as Lily adjusted herself and opened up to look down at the tiny Neko who had disturbed her rest. The girl had apologized, however, and she was pretty cute so Lily could forgive her surprisingly easily.

The Alraune jumped off the top bunk, the bed shrieking once again, and gave the Neko an appraising look before turning to the animated armor and smiling.

"Why, thank you for your constant vigilance. It's good to have you around."

Lily grabbed some clothes from her drawer, threw them in her flower, and closed up. When she opened again, she was dressed in a pair of jean shorts and a pink off-shoulder midriff-baring t-shirt with print of a yellow flower in the middle. Her legs were out of her flower today, and she was wearing pink and white striped thigh-high socks and a pair of shiny black slip-on shoes.

One of her vines coiled around her wrist like a bracelet, and she stood up. She still wasn't entirely used to walking yet, but she was confident enough that she wouldn't trip.

"If you're really sorry... Anya, was it? Then put my PJs in the wash for me. It would be a big favor," said Lily, smiling and tossing her pajamas to the tiny Neko.

Even though she was pretty sure she could get whoever to do it for her, the little Neko wasn't under her thumb yet. This was something that had to be fixed anyways.

Anya caught the dirty clothes in her arms. From here, she could easily tell they smelled like flowers, like Lily.

"Hmm... Okay!" the cat smiled, looking at the alraune. Anya put down the dirty clothing, and finished putting on her own outfit, an oversized burgundy turtleneck over a T-shirt with a cat graphic, and ordinary blue jeans and sneakers.

Anya carefully picked up Lily's discarded clothing.

"I'll have these in the laundry room soon.... wherever that is." she pondered.

"No problem. Time for breakfast. Please do not be late." Helada went off and walked towards the dinning hall. While she doesn't or rather, isn't capable of eating, she would still go over and try to engage in the act of conversation. Well... that was the plan anyways, she was a headless suit of armor covered in skulls after all.

"Oh, hey!", Margaret flapped her hands over her head, mouth half-full with ham. She gulped before continuing, "Hey! Hey, roomie, over here! Sit here! With me! Over here!" her violent flailing caused her to lose her grip on her fork, sending it sailing into a nearby trash bin. She paused for a second before continuing, "Don't worry- I have spares!"

Lily gave the suit of armor a friendly parting wave as she left to... get breakfast? Could she even eat? Well, Lily didn't care too much. But the girl was useful for making sure that nobody intruded, which Lily was rather grateful for.

The Alraune was about to leave to get something to eat as well, when the little Neko wondered aloud to herself where the laundry room was. Lily stopped in her tracks and turned around.

"You... don't know where it is?" asked Lily, maintaining her friendly smile.

"How could she not know? Does she just not do laundry or something? This kid."

"N-No... I could never find it because the campus is so big." Anya replied, lowering her head.

"I ran out of clean clothes weeks ago."

Well, it would be rude for Helada to not join someone who wants her to sit with them. Not to mention the fact most people are rather distant to her for whatever reason. She walked over and sat across from Margaret. "Want my fork? I do not eat." She offered.

Mister Geier plunged his spoon into the bowl of gruel for another go. He held it up, staring at the perfect cube of an indeterminate meat. He held it there fore a moment, appreciating it, as he contemplated in thought. He then shoved it into his mouth and began chewing it, as he delved back into the gruel, and slurping the substance down.

"No, no, see? I got my camping fork!", she pulled out what appeared to be an oversize pocket knife and flipped out a flat, squarish fork that wasn't actually very good for eating at all. She did her best, though, and after a few tries she speared a bite of ham and shoved it in her mouth, "Anyway, sho I wash wonnering shome shtuff.", she swallowed and scooped up a mouthful of scrambled egg, "Okay, sho, firscht queschion: Do you poop?"

There was a long pause, if there was a face to go with the armor it would be red. Who asks question like that to a young girl? But alas, there is no face, only emptiness. "No, I do not." She finally answered.

Lily's smile fell as the Neko lowered her head. This was no good. If Anya went around smelling like garbage, people might start to think that Lily's dorm was gross or something. Lily crouched down to Anya's level and looked her in the eye.

"For weeks? Why didn't you ask anyone? Having clean clothes is pretty important, you know. You could get sick otherwise, or attract bugs."

Lily looked around nervously. She hoped that the kid didn't bring in any bugs.

"Oh, okay.", she drank her milk, "Ah, that's nice. Anyway, are those real skulls, or fake skulls? Why is your head a crown? Are you a princess?"

Margaret continued to eat before stopping suddenly and clapping her hands on her cheeks.

"Oh! Also, my name is Margaret, but you can call me Maggie cause that's what friends call me - or at least what they would call me if I had friends - anyway, who are you?"

"I've been washing myself though!" Anya spoke up. "...in the bathroom sink."

"Washing stuff is really hard, okay?"
the nine year old explained.

"I see. I am Helada." The armor replied. "To answer previous questions. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know." The armor left its tray of food still full of food. She didn't eat, but she also didn't just want to waste it. "Maggie, want more?" Helada asked as she pushed her tray towards Margaret.

"No, I'm fine, but thanks!", Maggie wiped her mouth on the sleeve of her sky-blue turtleneck, "So Helada, what happens if you add stuff on? Have you tried welding stuff to yourself? Do you think we could give you wings? Oh, or maybe some Doctor Octopus tentacles, or a jetpack! Hey, does it hurt when you get dented?"

This was what friends did, right? Share secrets and gossip and make satanic pacts and stuff? Maggie was pretty sure this was how friendship worked.

"I have never tried. No wings please." She was a fairly heavy suit of armor, while she might not feel it, it would be bad if it got heavily hurt or broken. "I feel no pain."

Helada was unsure of how one becomes friends. Do they just ask questions like if they poop or fly? Curious, she wanted in on the friend making process as well. "My turn. Do you poop?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back