• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy PHANTASMA: SCHOOL OF THE STRANGE

Achim waited patiently with bated breath to see how this change in his dialogue would work. There were many potential outcomes from this dialogue chain; and with each route it could take Achim would need to rework the dialogue to reach the conclusion he desired. He would need to be careful to get the narrative back on track if it was derailed.

So the conversation started back up. The child spoke, and there was no hostility as there was before. Such progress was being made! While it had not hit the end result yet, it was starting to look like the dialogue would hit its proper golden resolution. Of course, there would still be much work to go, and words to be said. However Achim knew, that as soon as the first crack was made, the rest would start pouring out, whether or not they intended it to. This door symbolized that thought of course. Opening, even slightly, was an extension of the child warming up to him and allowing him in. It was the first step of building trust and acceptance of him helping her. By the very act of opening the door, she implicitly trusted him to not violate certain codes, such as just dragging her out of the room. Or, it could've meant nothing but a slightly opened door. However the English Teacher would not accept that simple of an answer and treated it like the symbolism it undoubtedly was.

As the door opened Achim immediately made sure to stand in front of it. And once there he made sure his right eye was quite visible from the crack. Once his eye was there, Achim began getting in place so he could stare Lily directly in her own eye.

Normally, such a gesture would most likely be viewed as creepy, especially considering that it was being done by a muscular biker thug whose only feature of not looking the part was a bright turtleneck, that was underneath a leather jacket. This gesture was no exception. Achim had his eye visible from the crack, much like as if he were a horror movie villain just about to smash through the door. And the insistence of keeping eye contact with his student certainly wouldn't help matters. However he was oblivious to whatever creepy factor it might have, as after all conversation is better with eye contact.

"I can accept a crack, after all it is better than what we had before. You can't really personally connect without any face to face contact. I'm a firm believer of that. Now we can discuss this far more properly, than we did before. I'm sure with more conversation, we shall come to an understanding. Now then, lets get to it."

Now the narrative could go on properly.

When Lily cracked open the door, all she could manage to see through it was her teacher's eerily close eyeball. Lily flinched and jumped back a little, cursing under her breath as she did so. She'd thought for a second that the scary guy would push the door in and grab her right there, but somehow he seemed to be keeping away from that for now. Lily cautiously approached the door again as the teacher spoke.

"Yeah, yeah, understanding," Lily murmured as she faced Achim. It was really kinda creepy how he looked at her, but Lily supposed that all the teachers here were creepy. It probably wasn't anything new, especially considering that all men were scum anyways.

"What, are you a fan of Jack Nicholson or something? Well, whatever. I'm certain that I've made my displeasure with the staff rather clear, but really that's only a small part of my reluctance. Various things have already happened today that I don't want to talk about, and Anya is probably already traumatized for life. Well, more traumatized for life than she already was. I just don't want to risk anything else by taking her out again. Her innocence is a beautiful gem surrounded by a world of shit, and I don't want it mucked up with the rest of the defecation. Don't you think a child should be able to just be a child without having to worry about everything sucking? She really needs rest right now, and she needs me. That's my concern."

<Oh crap, a mage!> The ratman shouted, firing his 20 gauge blindly. As he fired, the ratman and gnoll swung with gusto, hoping that their combined animal instinct would grant their crowbars the power to strike down this ghastly phantom.

As if he were cheering, the centaur began to holler, and swung his grappling hook around in a complicated pattern, to intimidate the spandex-clad saviors.

[dice]8483[/dice]

The eye did not falter, as the child moved, the pupil darted to keep a damn close eye on Lily's pupils. Achim kept a close and direct focus upon her eyes, trying to notice even the slightest quivers it produced.

The pupil expanded, allowing the dark mass to absorb more information for the Biker-poet. The child's eyes would not divert from his own. Achim would guarantee that.

His eyebrow shot up as the words 'Jack Nicholson' shot up. In his extensive study of tomes and books to teach the youth, he could not recall such a name. Even when he had to spent time in the Iso-Cube and all he had for entertainment was a plethora of films and working out, he had not come across this name. To him it was an enigma of the youth.

"Jack Nicholson, is he one of those Entertainment AIs popular with you kids these days?" Achim noticeably grumbled out when Lily mentioned the name. No matter, it probably wasn't anyone important.

What was important was the speech the child was giving. It certainly was heartfelt. All the while Achim's eye was kept locked upon the child.

"Look, I know how hard it is admitting events that have invoked traumas. But you can't bottle those feelings inside you. At first it may seem okay, just a natural thing. After all as they say 'ignorance is bliss'. But by holding it in forever, the situation will just deteriorate. I know that from experience. I'm not going to get too far into my personal life, but I will admit to seeing tragedy happen to a man-no he was more than that label to me. He was a mentor, a close friend and someone who I knew would always have my back. I admired him, I studied with him, and I shared countless laughs with him. In some of my darker hours he was there to pick me up when I was down. And my friend, my close-Yes, close friend was taken away from me when he was still in the prime of his life. Poof. Just like that."

Achim mulled over the sentence for a bit. "I couldn't believe what had happened to him. It just, didn't feel like it could be real. I thought there'd be some-some way I could y'know get things back to the way they used to be. But I couldn't, but I thought that I could just hide the pain inside. It ate away at me, and it drove me mad. But I realized, I had others I could talk to and share my pain with. And, it was a weight off of my chest. When you have people you can rely on, to trust with your fears and dreams, the world is always a brighter place. Far better than going about it alone."

" I'm certainly not saying to confess to everything immediately because, it is a process that takes time. The feelings need to be felt, so the situation can be over with." Achim again once mulled over his thoughts.

"As for innocence, yes I believe a child should have their chance at being a child. But they also shouldn't be afraid of growing up. It is a natural process that happens, and with growing comes changes. Physical and emotional changes that need to be addressed, so they won't grow up to be repressed. Experiencing the world allows for growth, for new beauty to be formed as the young generation begins to replace the old. The healthy way of life is to go out into the world, and see the wonders-and unfortunately the horrors it has. Life is sadly not always about happiness. And the world of -which you so eloquently put it- shit NEEDS people who are shiny gems. Not to vandalize, but to look up to. Growing up, I saw people who were far more happier and at bliss than I was. No matter what the situation was where I was, there was always that brighter place just in the distance. And just because children are allowed into the world, doesn't mean they are abandoned. They are still looked after, but they aren't simply kept away from the world because of a fear that it is always bad."

Achim scratched the back of his head, "I'm not entirely sure if this may have seemed like a pointless ramble to you- Hell I may just sound like an old fuddy-duddy right now. Challenges are a natural part of life, and we need to grow past them and realize they are there. And the people who have been through those obstacles and still remain optimistic about the world are the ones who can help change it for the better, and can lead us to a brighter tomorrow."

"And I can assure you there was no subtext with the staring. " Achim grumbled out, "Nor will I force open the door. And I do hope that you will continue to keep showing a caring heart to others. It is an admirable trait."

------------------------------------

*Meanwhile at the Legion of Doom Battle*

[Enemy Defense Successful: No Damage to their Defending Cliche!]

Currently Enemy Turn to Launch Attack! (No Cliche has been damaged yet!)

-------------------------------------

The ghastly phantom was just barely stopped from ravaging the souls of one of their accomplices! As the shells passed through and the crowbar swung fully through the phantom appeared to get stopped in its tracks. Suzette watched awestruck by how such a thing happened. But more to the point she watched their actions. Such an un-tempered and raw fury done with such clusmy looking blows. It, it couldn't be could it? And the Centaur's loud howls while flailing around a grappling hook without care of where it went? He didn't even TRY to slam it deep into her own flesh, despite the fact she was clearly watching the damage done to her dearie. That sealed it.

<Oh...> Susie spoke up as if she was coming to some sort of horrific conclusion regarding this foul group.

<Oh my God! You're virgins at this aren't you!?> Susie blurted out, horrified at this notion. As a Necromancer Sky Pirate, seeing such ill-prepared people was, it was frankly embarrassing. More so due to the fact they kept the phantom at bay, but still Susie deeply felt a cringe in her stomach.

She was glad the gas-mask was covering her face, as it was quickly becoming red as this realization dawned upon her. <I-I... I'm so sorry you guys! Wow j-jeez v-v-virgins at your age! I'd ask if you ever filled the void with anything but we ALL know the answer to that one.> Behind the mask she left her mouth agape.

Quickly the elf shook her head. <Look as a gesture of good faith, I'mma provide you boys some-hopefully-helpful tips! I mean your fluke did startle my little dearie. A-ah so I mean it's not like you LACK potential! No you can improve! I-I'm sure you'll satisfy people when you aren't virgins and practiced a bit!> Suzette quickly pointed out.

She stared at the assorted gang, <Right, whichever one of you wants to be called the Boss of your crew, just give me your preferred alias and that of your boys. I would like to know the names of people I'm helping.> If they were going to be criminals, the elf had to at least show them a few basic things to allow them to grow as scoundrels.

<Right, so I can get being nervous around a Magic User. Hey, we get to do cool stuff not every schmuck can.> Susie responded, as she held up her index finger and waggled it. <But that doesn't mean you should avoid attacking when you have your opportunity! I mean you just focused on my dearie, when I was left perfectly open!>

Holding her hands out she gestured down her own body, <See? Flesh and bone just like you.> Susie accusingly pointed at the Centaur. <Like, you had that meat-hook and enough distance! You COULD have gotten me with it. Hell you would've taken a good chunk out of the spandex! If you were skilled enough with it, maybe even possible undo a couple of hooks... Point is, you blew a GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY FOR DAMAGE! Mental or emotional, doesn't matter.>

She then wrapped her arms underneath her bossom. <Just, stopping the phantom WHILE I'm still here doesn't really help you. Y'know? Cause if I'm still up, I'll get other dearies up to mess with you. So you need to focus on bringing ME down, alongside defending yourself.> She spoke with an honest compassion for these misfits.

<But lets look at a valid reason for, maybe why you didn't just immediately strike. I know, in the strange off chance that you'd win, you'd say something like 'we can't damage her! It'd reduce her value on the streets!'>

The elf removed her right hand and held it next to her face as she giggled. <But you forget, potions are dirt cheap and work damn near instantaneously for physical wounds! Clerics, as long as you are of there faith, may do it for free. I mean there are so many low level Clerics who would probably kill for an opportunity to work with up and coming criminals! You have your OWN base! That's way more than most of these guys can start with. I suggest setting up advertisements at your local dive bars if you haven't. OH! Oh you mentioned a website earlier? You could collect resumes from potential employees, hell probably could use it as blackmail too if you wanted! But remember the Golden Rule; Honor Among Thieves!>

Susie tilted her head to the side and planted her right hand on her hip. <Frankly I don't want to sound like I'm prying, but just outta curiosity, what's your business model like? You do make sure that your whores GIVE you the money immediately after they earn it right? Because you CAN'T trust a bitch with your money. Like she's out there thinking she's hot-shit when it is YOU doing the real work of managing the business and keeping the fronts workable!>

Quickly she moved her left arm to her side. Susie clapped her hands together, <E-erm I'm not being too rude to you now a-am I? I really just wanna make sure you do your best. I mean French Criminals can't AFFORD to be subpar y'know? Honestly I'm kinda glad to see that you boys are trying to start up a home grown French Criminal Enterprise. It's touching to see that some people still believe in the cause, and are not willing to sell out their nation to criminals overseas and keep organized crime home grown!>

Susie held out her hands to her side, <A-a-anyway I uh, I'll provide more tips a bit later kay? Uhm o-oh and feel free to comment on uh, the tips and just er in general. Anyhow erm, I'll uh just be waiting for that attack now...> Susie focused her eyes on them.

<Just another tip, don't forget to take your time! Slow and steady wins the race~... OH! Oh my god I tried to take things far too fast with my dearie and his attack!> Susie quickly slapped the right side of her head, <I'm so sorry! Y-you can forgive me right, it's just that, uh... I haven't erm, been able to do stuff y'knowlikethisrecentlyandforvirginsyouareumwellkindacuteinyourownweirdways, and I'm just so... AHAAHA! C-can you please attack me now, preferably somewhere around the stomach region or my legs!? Er n-not that'd I want you to or anything, b-but it'd be preferred there for an opening move, because er you could do lots of damage there. Y-yeah!>

The group of them looked at each other, whispering back and forth.

<This SAS chick thinks we're rookies.>

<That can't be right, we've been kidnapping dudes for like six weeks now. We're practically the best.>

<Hang on, guys.> the centaur walked up to the others. <This is an elf, right? They live a really long time, so they'd even call your grandma a baby->

<MY GRANDMA IS NOT A BABY SHE IS A NICE LADY.> the lizardman cut him off.

<Yes, but no, that's not my point. They're snooty aristocrats, and->

<She sent us those macaroons the other week>

<...They're snooty aristocrats, and that boils my baguette. Let us extend the white flag of peace>

With that, the centaur whipped the grappling hook at lightning speeds before flinging it at Susie's belly.

<WHITE FLAG OF PEACE ATTACK!>

[dice]8761[/dice]

[dice]8762[/dice]

Suzette Bellerose idly listened to the prattle of these poor fools. Apparently they thought they were hot-shit for being at this for like, half a year. Well, to be fair it was longer than most rookies spent at this. <By the esteemed Scahrossar come on now...> Susie grumbled to herself. The elf idly glanced on as she noticed the grappling hook lunge straight at her! Smirking behind the gas-mask she gave a flick of her right wrist.

Right in front of her stomach emerged a ghostly spectral hand. It opened its palms and waggled its fingers, knowing that it was to serve its Unholy Mistress and catch such a weak attack. <Finally you lot are showing initiative! But that won't be en->

[dice]8764[/dice]

Susie stopped as she noticed, that lodged in the inner skin of her belly was the grappling gook. The blood cascaded and poured down the black spandex, as the flesh was now visible from the tears made into the fabric. The ghostly hand, was in fact ghostly and did not provide a proper defense. Suzette held out her left hand, as she began from her palm a dark aura was forming. <Hnnm...> Susie said as from behind the mouth she was licking at her lips. As the aura continued to grow from a small spec, into a full-fledged ball, the Elf was taking in the experience from the blow. And of course deciding who would take the shot.

<Mmm, who would like the honor of telling the grandmother of the departed son?> With that she flung the shadow-bolt from her left hand directly at the Lizardman's head.

[dice]8765[/dice]

Such a defense by mere crowbars would not stop the shadow from striking down against its target.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tally

One Cliche Dice lost by both parties.

Last edited by a moderator:
As Achim stared into Lily's eyes while he gave his speech, glance never faltering, he would doubtless note the Alraune's reactions. While she attempted to keep eye contact in order to appear strong and in control, she couldn't help but look away or even turn her head at one time or another. Specifically, she looked away when he mentioned it being 'hard to admit events that have invoked traumas' and she seemed averse to anything he said about hiding pain and having it eat at you.

Lily, however, was also able to notice her own inadvertent actions. She was well aware of her own looking away, but she still couldn't stop it. It occurred to her that it was a huge mistake to open the door, but she couldn't close it now. That would show signs of weakness, and it would make the teacher think that he was right or had 'won' somehow. Lily just had to keep it up for a little while longer until he went away, though. Then she could tend to Anya for the rest of the day until Susie got back with her eye and dress and everything.

Lily's expression hardened and grew defiant when Achim mentioned that one should not be afraid to grow up. By the time he had finished, Lily was able to regain most of her composure. She wouldn't falter again, no matter what the dumb ape said. He was lucky before, talking about whatever came to mind and hitting on a couple of things, but Lily refused to believe that he could have any unique insight into her own case. She refused to believe that he could understand even a fraction of her character. He was just an idiot biker, after all. And a man. A lucky idiot was all that he could ever aspire to be. Lily forced a derisive chuckle.

"So what? Talk about yourself as much as you want, but I'm- I mean, some people are different. Can't handle keeping your feelings inside? Isn't that what most men pride themselves on? What kind of man are you, then? Not everyone is like that. Some of us are stronger. Some of us can handle whatever comes at us without even shedding a tear. You put on a nice facade, but you're actually pretty weak," Lily blurted out, almost defensively.

"That said, by your own admission, these things can take time, right? Well, then we both want the same thing! I want to give Anya a little time, OK? So I'd really appreciate it if you'd back off. Also, Jack Nicholson was an actor. He did most of his work in the early 1960s to the early 2000s. As a lit teacher, I'm sure you've heard of Stephen King. Jack played Jack in the 1980 film adaptation of The Shining, which is where most might know him from. Other popular films he's been in are A Few Good Men, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Chinatown, and Batman. But don't go around thinking you can just see him in Batman and then talk to a comic book supernerd about it, because they'll get all defensive and correct you and stuff even though you're just trying to be nice and take an interest in what they're doing because you wanted to try making friends for once."

Achim gave a bit of a knowing smile. This girl needed help, but she couldn't openly express that need. Those Freudian slips, those away glances and turning away. They all helped played their part in allowing Achim to identify what he was dealing with. Achim was dealing with a girl with repressed emotions. He couldn't fail now! By Jupiter he couldn't fail now! He would reeeeaaaaach this kiiiiiiid.

"Aah... Some men do pride themselves on it. But as you said, people are different." Achim remarked in a soft fatherly tone. "I'm an Lit Teacher, of course I express myself. Language exists for creative expression! You know when I don't have as many papers to grade I go to the local Coffee House and do a few poetry slams with my soul-searching poems. As for what kind of a man I am? I'm a man who is secure enough in himself to share his feelings. I'm a man who is strong enough to admit when he's been beat and needs a helping hand. And I am a man who goes out to the world heart in his hand. True strength..." The biker mulled over his choice of words.

"True strength doesn't come from hiding from yourself. It takes true strength to go out into the world with your heart upon your sleeve, revealing who you truly are and when you are in need of aid. It shows how comfortable you are in your own skin. If a person doesn't feel free that they are able to express who they are, don't you think that shows some weakness? It is as if someone couldn't comfortably be themselves and have to maintain a 'facade' in order to face the world. Doesn't that seem weak as compared to someone going out with their head held high knowing they are who they are?"

"I do concede that dealing with hardships take time. But it is a road better traveled with others than it is alone. Going back to the unfortunate death of my mentor, I knew in my heart I wouldn't be able to go it alone. But luckily, I had friends that had my back. I could cry on their shoulders and mourn. Though I did get slugged once for that, by my Troll buddy Korax. He had tears welling up in his eyes, that I saw after he gave me that shiner, with the good eye that is. I didn't even know Korax had tear ducts until that point. But the death of our mentor touched the two of us. Because the man heavily impacted our lives and was a shining beacon to the two of us. And yes we both did eventually cry together in mourning."

But now he had to go to another issue. The issue of the girl and her friendships. It was an aspect he needed to address. Of course not as directly. As she probably would be more comfortable projecting the matter onto something else. An easily recognizable hypothetical by the two parties should work. And of course Achim had other conversational elements to speak on.

"Oh so this Nicholson was from one of King's pieces? My personal favorite of King's work is Christine, that sleek and sinister murdermachine. A bit of an aside, since you seem to know so much of films of the past, do you know of any other good modern films? I may try to convince the stiff later to update the collection. Anyway I hope you don't mind but I'd like to bring up a hypothetical. I find hypotheticals to be interesting things. Lets say that someone was wanting to establish a relationship with someone who had an interest in- let's say Animal Man. A heavy interest in Animal Man, how would you approach them? It would be a curious issue."

The teacher smiled at Lily and then started talking to her really softly. It was seriously creepy, and Lily winced a little. Beyond that, however, she refused to communicate anything unintentionally via body language. She had her composure, and no more slip-ups happened. Of course, that they even happened in the first place was ludicrous. Lily wasn't traumatized, and she certainly wasn't bottling anything in. The only thing that bothered her was this weird guy.

Sadly, Lily's insults and questioning his manhood didn't seem to make the biker flinch even a little. Usually her words hit a lot harder, but perhaps this one just lived long enough to come to peace with the fact that he was a wuss. Well, either way he didn't raise any more objections and instead went on to talk about different things. It seemed like he was off of getting Lily outside, and on to something different. That was his mistake.

"Well I can talk movies all day, teach, but shouldn't you all be going to the Louvre? It seems like we've come to a mutual understanding here, after all. I want to let Anya rest and to be by her side when she wakes up, as her supportive friend, and that seems to be what you're getting at as well. Any further talk here would just waste time, as I'm sure there's a better time and place to discuss movies or talk about... Animal Man? Whatever that is. I'll bet the others are getting impatient, so since this is resolved, I think we're done here, right? Oh, and all modern movies are trash. Anything of value can be found in the 1900s and early 2000s. For you personally, I'd recommend Taxi Driver. It seems like something you'd appreciate."

Lily placed her hand on the doorknob, ready to shut it the second he acquiesced.

<Whoa what the fu-> was all the Lizardman could say before his head exploded.

<...Well. Crap. He was the only one with a driver's license.>

<Shh, sh sh! That SAS chick will hear!. Just, play it cool, okay?>

<Play it cool? Who's gonna tell Jean-Luc?>

<....>

<....>

Wordlessly, the centaur flung his grappling hook another time. Sending the news would come later.

Probably.

-------------------

Little did they know, Jean-Luc had already left for another lizard. The two would soon abscond to Amsterdam, where they could elope in safety. Within a few years, their weird manlove child would be created using a robotic surrogate, and the old flame that was the shotgun-wielding lizardman would soon be a distant memory from another life. Sometimes, he would send a postcard to his old address. Nothing would be returned.

[dice]8841[/dice]

[dice]8842[/dice]

Suzette glanced at the group from behind the gas-mask. Leaning her head back the Elf chuckled, <OF course I heard you!> With a quick gesture from her left index finger, she pointed at both of her ears. <THESE ARE SIGNS OF MY PEDIGREE!> Now would be the time; it was time for Suzette to mock these pitiful creatures, for being inferior and domesticated creatures whose only highest of aspirations to serve those with even the faintest trace of Elven blood.

[dice]8909[/dice]

<SINCE THE DA-> And that was when the grappling hook slammed through the latex spy suit, and wedged itself in her flesh again. More blood cascaded down, flowing from the new wound, as the blooded stained latex piece fell to the ground. <O-oh.> Suzette muttered out slowly. From behind the gas-mask her lips were curling into a smile. While she wasn't able to get the speech out in time as she wanted, she was getting another form of satisfaction and amusement.

Slowly her tongue began wrapping around her canine teeth, before it popped out and began licking at her chops. <Mmmmm, I'm feeling hungry. Good work boys, allow me to show you some true cooking. FIRST you choose the succulent cuts.>

The Necromancer held out her hands to her side as she began chanting, preparing the unholy ritual. The chant, was a simple one conducted in a horrific version of black speech. The Elven's voice warped from her normal soft and light tone of speaking, to one that resembled the symphony of legions of wretched Hell-beasts, booming with primarily with baritones and altos.

S̫̀u̴͛ͬͧ̅̂ͭc̨͓̯͈̟̩̑͑̃̇h̴͔̞̫͎ͪ͌e̷̬͎̘ͤͫͥ̿̀͂ ͉̹̬̖̲͕̈́̿ͣg̔ͬ̈ͩ̈͏͔͎u̷̜̟̮̦ͯ̒ͤ̇t͖̭̱̰͇͓̐̿ͮ͒̒ ̝̖͉͆̏͌ͧͅg̣͈͍̜̲̃̇̕e̝̱̱͔ͅb̸̝̤̜̖͙̮̎ͅa̡̲̲͋͒͗̇͌̓̋u͍̻̭̙̪̻̒́t̷͚͉̱͓̽̉ͩ̾ͅe̯̰̱͙̠͎ͤ͐ͤ̇n̜̦͕̝̗̠̖̏ͤ̃ ̤̯̓͂1͚̗͒͊͛8̅̊̅̑̋ͨ̃͝ͅ-͚̩̣̹̭͔̤̚3̢͙͓0̡̩̹̅ ̨̫̙̼͂̎̽͋̽̐j̣̣̣̱̲ͬ̿̀ä͉͉̯̤̞̣̳̂̂ẖ̏͘ṟ̌̍̄͠i̬̟̣̔͊̓́g̪̫̪͈̼͍ͩ͊̓ͮę̬̓̆̊ņ̀͛ͤ ̖̄ͮ͐̓͋z̨̋̄̃͐ͤu̓̀̐͏̱̟͍m̫͔̺̭̥ͩ͂ ̔͌ͤ͛҉̬̟̻̙S͖̻͒͛̇̋̊c͛ͯͫ҉͍̟͖͇h͈͉̗ͪ͞l̖͔̿̅͂̒̚a̭͚̰̫ͣ͡c̵̰̝͔͔̲̟͋́̀͊ͫ͂h̙̙̝͚̙̳̪̄̇̆̏ͫ̄̿͝t̛̪ͭ̅ͧͪͣ͛͊ě̢̤̰̦̤̹̙̰͌n̺̬̥

̤̥͍̣͙̼͊ͤ́̔́̀̀D̺̆̓͌ͥͪe̤͌̍̀r̟̱͙̪̫̩̪ͣ̑͑̊̉ ̨̻̪ͣͣ̉͌ͣ͑M̵̘̥͈̻̖͇̿̂̈́e̢̙̗̮͔̻ͤ͆ͤ̑͛̾̚t̪̔̀ͯ̾ͥ̀̀z͈̦̟͆ͭͯͫ͒ͥ̓g̳͔̖̏͊eṟ̸̾̂̍̎̏̔̏m̹̠͎̗̜̫̻̈̃ͮͬ̅͡e̩͉̘͎̠͎̳ͧ͌̿̾̃͊͆̕i̙̜͓s̝̬͉̹̤͖̝̈ͧͯ̽̚͢t̶͓͂͑̉ͯ̚ēͭ̄͐ͪ̓̌r̹̟̲̙͔͍ͪ͗̇̏̐̿͑

̤̼̫ͭͥ̂ͭ͛Ẇ͕̤̠̝͇̮̜́͑ͩë̶̺̲̣̱̣͍́͛̏̏̽i̻̻ͮ͆c̨̻̯̫h̩ͪ͐ͨͭe̤̟͖̪͈͙͗͞ ͇̞͓̈ͫ͞T̯̟̠͇̮͔̩ͬẻi̯ͫ̅̋l̯͙̻̣͔̰̈ͬ̃̎e͕̥͚̅̈̾̋́̾ͅ ̹̭̄ͅu̷͖̖̭̘̰̯͆n̎͢d̵ͧ ̸͖̬ͯ̓̊͆a̬̞͈̙͒̿͂͂ͮ͢u̴̲̰̭ͧͮ̾ͦ̂ͬc̸̪̤̍ͤ̒̍̓̈́̃h͍͒̿̒̆ ̠͚̫̲͉ͧ̇̈ͥͨ̂h̬͍̳̻̲̙̯̐̄̅̆a͍̰͍̹͎ȓ̢̦̣͇̪͖͓ͯ̋͊t͇͙̦ͦ̆̓ͥͦ̇̚ė̷͚̔͆͒

̃͐͋ͪ̂̃̇͏̲̗̲̭s͓̟̣̪ͭ̌̓ͅt̤̓͊e̦ͥ̄̚hͥ̒̒̆͋̀e̦̠̯͎̟̲͡nͪͮͥ̍͠ ̛͖a̢̼͚̳ͫ̿u͙͊͐̊͗f̠͓ ͍̙̺̥ͮ̉͝ͅd̈͆̒ͬ̆̀e̴͔̺͚̳̠r̯̤̩̖̦͚͈ͬͬ͒̓̀͝ ̫͓͔̩̝͕̠̌Ș̴̼͚͂ͣṗ̸̭̩̜͔̭̝ͅe͎̺i͈̹̻̻̯̔ͨ̈́͗̑͐ͅs̨̰͇̤̈́̾̃̐͊̾e̖͉̜̟̾ͣ͐ͬ̊̑ͮk̻͎̞̲̜̠̬͡ã̸r҉̟̮͎̼͚̼̜t̹͖eͩͨ͂̆ͨ̂̔҉

̖̜̦͌̄̿̈́͗́ͧD̓͊͞ệ̝̭̟͘n̘̮̝̹͉͉̊ͬ̽̀ͅn̉̅̑ ̦̄d͖̬̝̞̓̔̔̓̍ͦ̚u̿ͧ̈́͊̔͏̹̙͎̻̝̜ ͨͨ͂͆̅̚b̤̦̰̯̳̋ḭ̥̱̌͗ͫs̠̯̪t͈̭͖ͤ̿̈ͦ̓̓͐ ̨̫̘̝̗̉w̎͒͏̬̜̮a͓͉̙̠ͣ̾̆̀ͦ̋̕ͅs̨͔̮͑ͪ ̨͍̭͚͙̉̓̏̓̂ͦ͊dͧͥ͛͌͊̋uͨ̑̑͂ ̷̗̺̻̦̭͙̜̎ͧ̎͗̈i̟̝̞̤̲̭ͬͯ̂s̨̮͓̲̤͉̜̎s̨̬̼̠̯̱ͣt͙̬̜͍̘͋

̩͕͙̤̓̍ṷ̣̝̹̤ͩ̈́ͦņḑ̣̽̇̍̋̈́ ̙̖̪̩̬ͤ̏̀ͮ̎̿͆i͓̠̦ͨͨͭͬ̍h̩̤͎͙̝̝͓ͭ̊̾ͥͤ͆ṙ̼̟̭̪͖ͫ̓͆ͭ̏͘ ̰̗̏̌̅̌̽̕w̿͆͏͔̹͍̤i͐̂̋ͬ̌s̸͖̖̟̠͕̞̅͑̆̄͌ͤs̻͔͈̭͔͐͆͗ͮ́̃͜t̴̓̂̑ͦ ̺͙͙͍͛͗̄͋ͭw̼̣ͬ̈ͣ̔̈̉͗͢a̦̝̩̭͖͑ͨ̔ͯͪͭ̃s͑ͫ̇̐̆̎ͯ ̡̞͖͈͎̥̎̑͐̀͊è̙̬̣͇̯̮̾ͣ͛ͅs͈͎̊͆̿ͬ̉ ̬̫̯̑ͥ̾i̯̫̫͉͕ͮ̄ͧ̆s͇͙͐̎̾ͮ͌͗ͣt̖̪̜̻̊

͉͉̪̟̞͉́͋ͅE̵̺̰̤̰͂̃̂̎ș͛ͭ̀ i̡͕͕̱͉̟̅̈́ͮs̻̞͉̓͑͂͡ṯ͓̘̤̳̝̠̐ ̫̲̔ͤ̔̽̑ͯ̾͡m͓̞̘̪̬̗̣̉͜e̤͖̗i͓͕̻̫͗̿̈͆̍͠n͉͎͊ͫ͌ ̛̂Ṫ̠̎ͤ̃̇̈́͌e̥̮̫̱ͨḯ͙͇͉̻̫̓͂̅͂͋͟l͕̦̤̎̃̅̓̓̍ ͫ̍ͥ҉͉̗̲͉̹̘͚–͚͖̋̌̃ͪ̕ ̟͉̼ͫ̅ͮ͒̌ͭ͢n̡͉͍͇̦ͭͧë̪̙̣́͗͊̎ͅḭ̣̦͚ͥ̃̎̂̾ͨ͐ṋ̯̘͚̭̳͋ͩͪ͌̈́͐̀

̨͇͈M̂͂ͭͥ̎͐̚҉̠̤e̱̖̙͉̜͎̾̆ͦ͛ͅi͂͐̃̒͊̽̀ṅ̡́͛ ̡̳̭̱̏T̩̻̘̔ͤ̆ͮͧ̍e͇͚̳̓͊̍̉̉i̶̦̭̼̻̣ͯ̉̀̏͗̋̄l̮͖͍͈̞ͤͭ͐̂̚ ̯͚̼̜̗ͣ̀̉͠–̮̮͛ͭ̽̋ͫ ̗͕̻͑̽̿n̫̻̄̍̓̌e͈̰̩̭̖̺͢į̺͉͓͕̘̫͎ͦ͊̏n̠ͪ̅̾̃̋̆͞

[dice]8910[/dice]

What quickly followed was a small rumbling in the ground. The rat-man, was impaled by a single clawed bone hand, which started from the end, before quickly ramming through all his entrails to end out of his mouth. The claw, was covered in viscera from this, and it showed as it was starting to drip back into the ratman's mouth overfilling with blood. From the ground appeared two more hands, which broke the connection the original claw had from the ground. Now that the claw was a suitable spit, the two other hands held up both sides of the spit, as three charred skulls emerged from the ground.

The wraiths proceeded to shoot up streams of fire, to cook the rat as it was slowly getting turned by the hands.
<Hey uh, I can't smell my meal, but it smells good right?! And no, I'm NOT sharing.>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tally (both lost have lost two dice so far)

Boss Squad - 3 dice

Necromancer - 3 dice

Ah, so the kid had no taste or knew anything regarding Pop Culture. Remarkable, Achim pondered on how such a thing could happen, but he moved it aside. He had far more important matters to get to. The thing he was saving for last. But of course, he needed to address the student's concerns.

"Ah no need to worry, all I need is any motorcycle, or a moped in a pinch, and I can get there in just a few minutes. Besides, Corpsebreath should be keeping an eye out on 'em. And yes, I would say we have came to an understanding." The biker poet kept a dramatic pause as he pulled out one of his cigarettes. He quickly flicked it into his mouth, as he reached to grab his lighter from his pocket.

"You I know I said would." Achim kept a hold of his lighter as he kept his eye on Lily. "As much as I would like to get back to helping the majority of my students, this issue does involve them in a more substantial way. Not because of you, but because of those comments you made earlier when talking to my good peer. You know, the one about Project T-800 Model XSAS, or as you would say the bus." Now, was the moment he flicked his lighter on, sparking the flame ready to light the cigarette.

"Be honest here, because it doesn't take much verification to find this out. Were those comments you made about Project T-800 Model XSAS done because you know something that happened to it."

Lily, thinking herself the victor, was about to close the door on Achim when he seemed to accept the mutual understanding between them. Smiling slightly, she began to push the door closed. Until the teacher mentioned the bus.

"The... shit. I forgot about the bus."

Lily couldn't keep herself from glaring at the man for a second before her expression eased itself into something more amicable. She'd give him some lie, and he'd leave soon. There was no need to be overtly hostile in this moment.

"Right, the bus," muttered Lily, "well, you're all here and the bus is gone. It only follows to assume it's been stolen, right? I didn't see anyone, and I have no idea where it might be. I just noticed earlier, and that's all."

For a second, Lily thought it might be cool if the cross examination theme from Phoenix Wright started playing, but really, everything she'd said was perfect. The man had no reason to suspect her of anything, and no holes could be poked in her statements. Even an ace attorney would have no chance against her expert lies. She was a teenage girl, after all, and thus lying to authority figures was something she had confidence in.

Achim glanced at Lily as she glared at him. Of course, this is where Achim needed to be as perceptive as possible, and of course listen carefully. The Alarune made her speech about how everyone here and the bus is gone. It was a good argument, until she said that she didn't see anyone. Achim smirked as an internal train of thought moved along quickly in his head. While she may have thought her alibi was air-tight. There was a contradiction in her statement.

"Not so Fast." Achim reached into his pocket as he pulled out his phone. "So you claim you haven't seen anyone and that, since everyone is here the bus had to be stolen. That has good face value, and is certainly a possibility. However." Achim chose a particular

"Earlier you claimed while shouting at my colleague that 'Maybe one of the ten dudes that rode the bitch is a real man' " Achim declared in an boisterous manner, as a few traces of spit went flying from his mouth. "THAT CONTRADICTS WITH YOUR STATEMENT THAT YOU SAW NOTHING! YOU CLEARLY SAW THEM AND KNOW MORE THAN YOU ARE LETTING ON!"

"Oh? Do you like Ace Attorney too, teach?" asked Lily, smiling slightly. She, of course, would let neither the music nor the teacher's CHORDS OF STEEL sway her into giving anything up or becoming emotional. Looking at the thing logically, however, she was still way ahead. Achim didn't even begin to suspect that she was the one that stole the bus. Perhaps it would behoove her to let him down this path a bit farther.

"Well, as for the contradiction, let me explain," replied Lily, looking thoughtful with her head slightly tilted and a finger on her lip.

"See, that was hyperbole. I just wanted to get that vampire's goat, and who could blame me after he yelled at me like that?" she continued, placing her hands on her hips and looking at the teacher with the eyes of a puppy dog that had just been kicked.

"That said, it was probably a group, right? This neighborhood seems like the type to have plenty of gangs," Lily stated quietly, looking away from Achim with her arms tucked under her chest.

"Perhaps you shouldn't have made it so easy for them to take," Lily finished with a look of smug superiority on her face. She moved one hand from her chest and began playing absentmindedly with one of her hair drills.

Well, Ace Attorney was the only entertainment Achim had in those Iso-cubes for quite sometime. And Achim had thoroughly played through those antique games during his time within that particular section of the Detroit Prisons. However, he had that matter of discussing with the student. It appeared that his CHORDS OF STEEL, were not enough to influence the girl to go into the breakdown as was common with the Villains of the Ace Attorney Series. Oh well, he would find the truth whether they were Lying Coldly or not. After all, Achim needed to solve this situation, as the majority of the students depended on this situation, and the safe recovery of the bus. Whatever he would find out from this student, would prove to be essential pieces of knowledge!

Probably. Of course like every witness, she seemed to explain her situation in a matter that was familiar in the series. Much like the esteemed Defense Attorney, Phoenix Wright or the marvellous Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth he would need to press for the evidence. And of course, in time he'd probably need to search the scenes for evidence. But what mattered now was that he found out the truth.

Achim took a brief time to nod at Lily. "Well, I don't always have time to engage in it as I'd like to. ...Side tangent, best character is Shi Long Lang from the Miles Edgeworth spin-offs! Also acceptable is Furio Tigre. BUT! That is not what is important here!" The teacher took time to take in what the green student was saying. Yes, in a poor neighborhood like this one, there were bound to be gangs. And he didn't have any physical evidence to contradict the Alarune's statements to the contrary. For now, he could not prove that she was just trying to goad his associate Richter into a negative reaction. However, what the girl said provided something for Achim to press onto.

"Easy to take huh? Now how would you know the vehicle was easy to take!?" Achim declared while he

Lily guessed she could see the appeal of Shi Long Lang and Furio Tigre to the biker, but she couldn't agree that they were the 'best characters'. For some reason or another, Lily found herself partial to Dahlia Hawthorne and Franziska von Karma. Anyways, the teacher was able to pick out the contradiction much more easily than she had planned. Lily was certain that she would have had to help the ape out a little bit, but perhaps playing Ace Attorney games helped his reasoning.

"Ah, he even admits that it was easy to steal! He's not even dancing around it at all! I guess the shameless, unapologetic way in which he states it is somewhat admirable in its own way, though."

"E-Eh?" cried Lily, jumping up slightly while looking utterly surprised.

"W-well that's... you see..." she murmured, nibbling on her thumb nervously while looking away from Achim.

"Ah, around this time the prosecutor would stop the defense attorney with some technical BS and the witness would regain enough composure to go another round. It's a shame. This would be really good if we had a prosecutor. I'm almost having fun. Almost."

"I, uh, obviously I..." she continued in the same pose, still not certain where she was going.

"Oh, right!" Lily exclaimed, pounding her hand confidently with her fist.

"I saw one of you bozos leave the keys inside the glove compartment," she stated confidently, the look of smug superiority back on her face. She once again had one arm under her chest and played absentmindedly with her drill hair using the other hand.

"That makes it pretty easy to steal, right? Unless you have some evidence to contradict my statement, I think we're done here."

Achim kept a good hold of both his lighter and his cellphone. There was bound to be pieces of knowledge that he could use, after all he had to find out the truth of what happened to the bus! If he didn't, it would take forever to get all the students back to school, and Richter would ramble on and mourn for quite sometime, and drive him loony. And Achim, could not have either of those things happen. But right now he had to return his attention back to the testimony.

The student created a story about how the bus was easy to take. However, she brought up physical evidence. Upon hearing that word, he clicked on the lighter as it quickly shot upwards and towards Achim. If this was like the games, Richter would come here right now with some evidence for that Deus Ex Machina! While he would have preferred to have that smoking gun, right now he'd have to work with what he had.

The biker shook his head, "You know how it goes in the game, the trial won't end right here." I just need to Turnabout my thinking to the nonsensical! Or something along those lines. I guess. However, the girl in her statements made a rather curious remark. And Achim knew what he had to do.

"I will need you to elaborate on when you seemed to notice someone leave the keys." This detail, would be quite relevant to the case at hand. Especially concerning factors which he could press on. And Achim knew that he would to know that. Of course, he could always have asked on how they knew the keys were in the glove-box. But that, would've taken a hit out of the life-bar which seemed to represent a the convincing arguments at a trial, as well it was already explained. Asking who, would be obvious. Achim noted to himself that he needed to smack Richter for being an idiot and not keeping the keys on his person.

Or at the very least, Richter could've cleverly hidden them inside the tires. But that was neither here nor there. What mattered now was going on how and when the child apparently knew that the keys were inside the glove-box.

"Oh? No evidence?" Lily teased, grinning, "Then it's game over, right? I suppose I could give you a short testimony as to when I saw the keys go into the glove box, but I don't think it will do you much good. I'm not lying, you know, so if you think that there will be a turnabout... well, that won't happen."

"I hope he can find a way to see through my lies. It can't be easy, or he might not buy the things I plan on telling him. The downside is that if he can't do it, Susie won't get any backup. She hurt me, but I need that eye and that dress to trick Anya. I don't want to chance the gang overpowering her, even if it isn't likely."

"Last night, I saw the key being deposited in the glove box," Lily stated, looking thoughtful with her head slightly tilted and a finger on her lip.

"I exited the bus with Susie and Anya, and we headed towards our rooms," she continued with the same expression.

"But the bus was so amazing, I had to look back at it," she exclaimed, smiling girlishly with her hands on her cheeks.

"That's when I saw one of you place the keys in the glove box," she said, looking away from Achim with her arms tucked under her chest.

"I thought it was amazing how dumb that was, but I didn't say anything. It's not my job to teach here, after all," she finished, doing the smug smile/drill hair pose yet again.

Achim shook his head. "I imagine you know the game series enough to know that there is ALWAYS a turnabout, no matter how nonsensical or contrived it is. Hell, if this was the game, there is a distinctive chance a ghost could possess someone and reveal the answers that way. Or I get handed a MacGuffin that allows me to see inside the mind. OR, perhaps a distinctive bloodline that allows me to be hypersensitive to tics. OR, perhaps I am hiding a high tech device on my phone that allows me to read the powers of emotions and exploit it. OR, the most DANGEROUS power of all; Logic. Then again, it loses out to the other nonsensical things. Poor Edgeworth. Ah, but now it begins."

Sometimes, doing things properly needed to take a back seat to having fun. And Achim, honestly knew the Louvre was going to suck, and didn't mind solving the mystery of the bus in a longer way. This, would be far more fun than that.

'Last night, I saw the key being deposited in the glove box,' Achim clicked on his lighter as a bit of flames went up. (If only I had some evidence in the Court Record to prove that this wasn't the case! Let's see what else the testimony offers. ...Note to self, get another Cardboard Badge. This is, kinda fun, actually.)

'I exited the bus with Susie and Anya, and we headed towards our rooms,'
The biker simply listened that time. (Eh, not really important at all to this...)

'But the bus was so amazing, I had to look back at it," (Yes, that seems natural enough of a response buuuuut... THIS I CAN ACTUALLY PROVE. Probably!) "HOLD IT!" declared the teacher. "So, you say you had to go back to look at it huh!? WELL, LET'S GO TAKE A LOOK AT REGISTRY AND COLLECT TESTIMONY FROM THE BELLHOP! WE can easily see if you are lying here!"

"What's he talking about? Logic is broken. Edgeworth doesn't even need a courtroom to solve shit. He'll just do it right at the scene like a badass. Logic beats bloodlines, mood phones, and magatamas. Not whips, though. Shit, Edgeworth would be awesome if he was a girl."

"Eh?" cried Lily, nibbling nervously on her thumb as Achim suggested getting proof, "B-but that's... wait-"

Lily shook her head and smiled confidently. She'd thought he had something for a second there.

"This is a shitty motel, so there's no way it would have a bellhop or anything right?" asked Lily, a cocky smile on her face.

"Then again, this is France. Well, whatever. Even a shitty FRENCH motel wouldn't have a bellhop, would it?"

After saving the country of France from an army of anarchist prostitutes, Susie and co. were awarded the French medal of patriotic conduct, a presitigeious honor in France.

In France.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And lo, the school would go on to have numerous other adventures, both cute, and more cute. Like that time Susie impersonated a medical professional in an attempt to get extra credit for Science class, or the time Anya found herself the premiere judge of the nation's foremost cooking show. Or even the time Lily's mom showed up.

Susie would later go on to lead a re-enlightenment of underground necromancy. She would later become head of an Apocalyptic Death Cult hidden in sewers across America. In true Elf fashion, this was a way to harvest test subjects with magical aptitude.

Anya was revealed to never actually be an orphan. Upon discovering her student mailbox, she soon managed to discover that her father was alive, and no, had not disappeared. She just forgot her address. Her father is strongly reconsidering whether she should go back for a second term.

Richter and Achim sued the school over dangerous working conditions and won a 4.7 million dollar settlement. They blew it all on new stuff for their bus.

Lily's rapidly growing friendship with Anya paid off as a series of "extended sleepovers" resulted in her becoming a "live-in friend". No longer a hobo, she'd, perhaps, finally found some semblance of belonging in the world, a best friend, and a family. Perhaps that young girl had finally found a place she could be loved. A place she could call home.

You know, unless she fucked it up and got caught trying to eat Anya's dad or something. But really, what are the chances she'd do that?

:5/5:FINAL RESULTS:5/5:

Culinary Abominations Defeated: 2/5

Legendary Weapons Obtained 0/3

Atrocities Committed: 3/40

Prostitutes Lewded 0/17

Incestuous Romances: 0/2

Countries Ravaged: 0/6

Anya Trauma Score: 22 points

Dadlationships: 1/4

Total XP: >XP

FINAL RANK: B-

TITLES EARNED: ACE DETECTIVE, DELICIOUS, IRON STOMACH