• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom One Piece: A Half-Hearted Affair

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
1678423687123.png1678423691937.png
Elizabeth D. Walker/Goliath Pirate

Raising from his seat the large Pirate took a firm grip of his blade and then with a mighty swing, sent sparks flying across the cobbles. The blade was clearly well used, chips and dents littered its handle and spine, the blade, however, was razor sharp and had made short work of the cobbles that met its edge. To the well-trained eye of a blacksmith such as Eval, one would be able to tell immediately just how dense the sword was, it must have been awfully heavy and very much off balance. If anything it was more like an elongated axe than a sword, made to overpower and crush foes as opposed to slash and cut with finesse.

With each step the man took, the sword was dragged along behind him, cutting deeper and deeper into the cobbles, scaring the street as he moved toward the laughing captain and her soon-to-be first mate. The child at this stage and been ushered inside a store by an elderly woman and only pirates remained out and about. All eyes once again on the duo, some familiar faces among them from the bar. However, unlike at the bar, it seemed quite clear this pirate was intent on facing the duo alone and nobody was about to get in his way.

Still, laughing Elizabeth wiped a tear from her eye and gave Eval a firm pat on the back before clutching at her stomach, leaning on him for support "ahhh stop, mercy... mercy! Ahaha!". Now speeding up on his approach the man's velocity began to pick up, his focus on Elizabeth, sword sparking. "I'll split you where you stand! Pirate King ha! You're an insult to real pirates!" Moving faster and faster his large frame quickly became freight-train-like. Swinging up in an arc immediately upon reaching striking distance everything seemed lost for the duo, some pirates had even moved to divert their gaze so as to avoid the bloody mess that was sure to follow.

However what followed was not some bloody mess or the demise of our two adventurers, no what followed was a loud and thunderous bang. Trapped underfoot, Elizabeth had not only blocked the sword with the heel of her boot but was now also pinning it. Straightening herself up, Elizabeth's laughter had cut out. Not a single Pirate dared to utter a word, not even the pirate who had launched the attack seemed willing to break the silence. Though Eval couldn't have possibly seen it, given his position in supporting the weight of Elizabeth up until now, if he choose to look at her face right now he would see exactly why it was the large pirate standing in front of her was now sweating profusely.

It was a given Pirates were bad guys, and that pirates did bad things. That they robbed, plundered and even killed upon occasion. But the look on Elizabeth's face, her eyes, her very aura. Right now it all screamed danger. Natural instinct would prove, this woman, was a huge threat. Fight or flight didn't even come into it, to fight was to die. But why? What was it, what about her made it seem as though she was unbeatable? Aside from her sudden change in demeanour, she hadn't even drawn a weapon. So then what was it about her that sent shivers down the spine of every pirate watching? What was it that made Elizabeth so dangerous? And where did that sudden bang come from?

"An insult to real pirates?". Tilting her head to the side, Elizabeth offered the Large Pirate a smile "Did you just call me... an insult to real pirates?". Stepping off the blade Elizabeth took a step forward, her heel clicking loudly against the cobbles as she did so "Tell me, where are these real Pirates I've insulted?". Pressing her hand to the man's chest she chuckled softly, smile fading and tone becoming serious in but a moment. Chilling even. "Or did you mean... you?". Looking to the storefront the child had fled to, Elizabeth's smile returned somewhat "You made a child cry. Tell me, are you proud of yourself?".

The man attempted to stutter something out in response but before he could finish a faint but irregular rise and fall of his chest was made visible to Eval. And in the next second, he had collapsed. Out cold, but from the looks of things still breathing even if struggling. "I should kill you. But it'd only scare that child even more... Count yourself lucky". Turning to glance back at Eval, Elizabeth's smile returned in record time. Her eyes shone yet again with excitement and her tone reflected as much "So, where were we? Oh right! The sky island! Shall we?". Offering Eval her hand Elizabeth waited for him, would he take it or was this all too much for him to handle?

Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool

a8d376a9136e923a5111e29637bef237.jpg
Eval Kineval

Interactions/Mentions: Uasal Uasal
Still, laughing Elizabeth wiped a tear from her eye and gave Eval a firm pat on the back before clutching at her stomach, leaning on him for support "ahhh stop, mercy... mercy! Ahaha!". Now speeding up on his approach the man's velocity began to pick up, his focus on Elizabeth, sword sparking. "I'll split you where you stand! Pirate King ha! You're an insult to real pirates!" Moving faster and faster his large frame quickly became freight-train-like. Swinging up in an arc immediately upon reaching striking distance everything seemed lost for the duo, some pirates had even moved to divert their gaze so as to avoid the bloody mess that was sure to follow.
Eval was paralyzed by Elizabeth's touch and froze in place like a statue when she leaned on him for support while she was busting a gut in laughter. So, when the large pirate started speeding up in his approach Eval was not in a mental position to move. The closer he approached, the more he started to panic "Uhh, Elizabeth...." he cautioned while staring wide-eyed at the man getting dangerously close until it seemed like it was too late for them to react.
However what followed was not some bloody mess or the demise of our two adventurers, no what followed was a loud and thunderous bang. Trapped underfoot, Elizabeth had not only blocked the sword with the heel of her boot but was now also pinning it. Straightening herself up, Elizabeth's laughter had cut out. Not a single Pirate dared to utter a word, not even the pirate who had launched the attack seemed willing to break the silence. Though Eval couldn't have possibly seen it, given his position in supporting the weight of Elizabeth up until now, if he choose to look at her face right now he would see exactly why it was the large pirate standing in front of her was now sweating profusely.

It was a given Pirates were bad guys, and that pirates did bad things. That they robbed, plundered and even killed upon occasion. But the look on Elizabeth's face, her eyes, her very aura. Right now it all screamed danger. Natural instinct would prove, this woman, was a huge threat. Fight or flight didn't even come into it, to fight was to die. But why? What was it, what about her made it seem as though she was unbeatable? Aside from her sudden change in demeanour, she hadn't even drawn a weapon. So then what was it about her that sent shivers down the spine of every pirate watching? What was it that made Elizabeth so dangerous? And where did that sudden bang come from?

"An insult to real pirates?". Tilting her head to the side, Elizabeth offered the Large Pirate a smile "Did you just call me... an insult to real pirates?". Stepping off the blade Elizabeth took a step forward, her heel clicking loudly against the cobbles as she did so "Tell me, where are these real Pirates I've insulted?". Pressing her hand to the man's chest she chuckled softly, smile fading and tone becoming serious in but a moment. Chilling even. "Or did you mean... you?". Looking to the storefront the child had fled to, Elizabeth's smile returned somewhat "You made a child cry. Tell me, are you proud of yourself?".

The man attempted to stutter something out in response but before he could finish a faint but irregular rise and fall of his chest was made visible to Eval. And in the next second, he had collapsed. Out cold, but from the looks of things still breathing even if struggling. "I should kill you. But it'd only scare that child even more... Count yourself lucky". Turning to glance back at Eval, Elizabeth's smile returned in record time. Her eyes shone yet again with excitement and her tone reflected as much "So, where were we? Oh right! The sky island! Shall we?". Offering Eval her hand Elizabeth waited for him, would he take it or was this all too much for him to handle?

In the split second before expected impact, the short and rather uneventful life of Eval flashed before his eyes, but as he came to, he opened his eyes to a sight he did not expect to see: Elizabeth with the upper hand - or I suppose in this situation the upper foot. It was also the first time that Eval felt ill intent from her, which kind of supported his theory that the elusive female gender was utterly terrifying. I guess Elizabeth felt the same way about the situation as he did, but he wasn't expecting what came next. Everything happened so fast that he could barely spot what happened. Only that the man attempted to say something before suddenly collapsing to the floor, but he could have sworn that he spotted some strange movement with the man's chest before he fell. In just a matter of mere moments, Elizabeth turned back to Eval with a smile and a light sparking in her eyes again. With her hand reached out, Eval realized that if there was a time to back out it would be now. In the moment before he made his decision, he recalled the last piece of advice left by his mentor before deciding to set out to sea on his own: "Choose your friends wisely." He wasn't exactly one for inspiring or thoughtful words but Eval guessed a scenario like this is what he was talking about.

Thinking now to himself, 'He woulda chewed my ear out for this...But since when did I ever let that stop me?', he reached out his hand and with some hesitation, Eval took her hand. "Let's just try not fall down!"

1678423687123-png.1071599

Elizabeth D. Walker

Elizabeth griped Eval's hand firmly and began to laugh loudly in response to his comment about falling. With her smile beaming from ear to ear, Elizabeth pulled the man closer and with her free hand pulled him into a strong embrace. With her other hand releasing his own Elizabeth now held him firmly with one hand around his waist and the other around his upper back. Suffice to say her chest was just as firmly pressed against his own as a result. Something Elizabeth herself didn't seem all too concerned about but was sure to prompt quite the reaction from her shy and gynophobic first mate. Luckily for Eval though, he wouldn't have to worry about Elizabeth's touch for all too long, indeed he would soon come to find a much more pressing issue to overcome. What was that issue you ask?

Well, it was the fact that before the man could react to Elizabeth's sudden embrace, he would find himself above the clouds. In all but an instant, the man had hurtled above the sea of clouds and was now looking down at what appeared to be a very small island. Of course, what went up, had to come down. So what few seconds Eval had to take in the view was soon cut short by the fact the man just as quickly began free-falling back toward the earth he had left behind. Most notably though, Elizabeth was seemingly nowhere to be found. At least visually that was, her laughter and voice however could still be heard all around the man "Wow! That really worked! I never tried jumping this high before, I wonder if we'll die on the way back down... oh well, no point in worrying about that now! Hahaha! Hmm... I can't see any clouds that look special in any way. Can you?"

Eval Kineval

Eval was not ready for what was about to come next after accepting Elizabeth's hand. A simple act which served as enough of a challenge for Eval what with his gynophobic tendencies. The moment he was pulled into her chest he was panicking and screaming internally, but that panic quickly turned audible as Elizabeth shot them both up into the clouds!

'W-WHERE IS THE GROUND!?!', was the first thought to pop in mind as they reached the top. Everything looked so small, and from this height Eval was able to get a pretty good look at the entirety of Goa Kingdom. He was awe struck by the sight at first, but that was before he quickly remembered that he couldn't fly - and a fall from this height would definitely be fatal. That is when he also noticed that Elizabeth was no nowhere to be seen, but he could hear her shouting out from somewhere among the clouds.
"Wow! That really worked! I never tried jumping this high before, I wonder if we'll die on the way back down... oh well, no point in worrying about that now! Hahaha! Hmm... I can't see any clouds that look special in any way. Can you?"
'We jumped?! What kind of power does she possess...I hope she doesn't think I can fly...' he wondered, realizing only now that he still had little to no clue what type of devil fruit Elizabeth possessed - though it was more than obvious at this point it was something quite strong. Gravity finally started to kick in and Eval could feel his body tugging its way back down towards earth before crying out.

"Uuhh, nope! And I think the clouds are getting farther away...Help!!"

Elizabeth D. Walker

Elizabeth couldn't help but chuckle when Eval called out for help, it was adorable! The look of panic upon his face, the confusion mixed beneath and the strong front he had put on to muster enough courage to reply to her query. It seemed he would make quite the amusing travel companion and, with how he had handled the pirate from before, a splendid addition to her crew! The compassion he showed for the child, the honest way he carried himself. Indeed, this was a man who would fit nicely into her crew. A man she could trust! But what exactly did he want help with? Elizabeth couldn't fly "Haha! We're so dead!".

Falling fast now, the duo would begin their descent in earnest, breaking through cloud after cloud as they did so. And though Eval might not have seen Elizabeth, she was indeed right there aside him and in just as much danger. Landings were not her strong suit. But that was when she heard it, a soft patter in the distance. 'dum dum dum dum, dum dum dum dum', how odd, it was almost like drumming. Looking around Elizabeth quickly turned toward the sound. It was still some distance below them but it seemed to be some distance away. Materialising, Elizabeth drew her pistol and once again pulled Eval into a close embrace. Lining herself up with the sound as best she could, Elizabeth took aim carefully with her pistol. "Hold on tight, this might just kill us"

With a slow and meticulous pull of the trigger, Elizabeth loosed a shot, the bang echoing and drowning out the sound of Eval's words and or screems.

Eval hadn't much time to react to the shot though, once again whipped forward and breakneck speeds. Hurtling through the air and a downward angle, even Elizabeth felt this may have been the end but fortunately for the two a small sky island soon came into view. Though small, the island sported a lonely tree and more than enough room for ten people to camp out comfortably. What was of concern though, was the fact the duo were now flying toward the island like a bullet.

ff769571fb7079455ce5691ba98ac6191548849724_full.jpg

When all seemed as though it was lost and the duo were set for a fatal impact, Elizabeth quickly turned her back to the island and braced for impact. Pulling Eval even closer so as to attempt and brake his fall at the very least. But when the time came for the deadly impact to occur, a loud 'boing' was all Elizabeth heard. Not a 'thud' not a 'splat' not even a 'crunch' or 'crack', a 'boing'. Opening her eyes the woman found herself, clutching Eval half to death, as she bounced softly up and down on the gelatinous island ground. Looking around, Elizabeth saw little in the way of a grave but, unless she had died and this was all an elaborate trick, she seemed to be perfectly fine.

Releasing her painfully tight grip on Eval, Elizabeth moved to stand. Bouncing on her feet a few times to check she hadn't imagined things. It took her some time to collect her thoughts, but once she did she began to laugh hysterically. "Eval! We didn't die! Look, isn't this place awesome! It's all bouncy and soft! It's like the whole island is made of rub...".

Snapping her attention to the tree, Elizabeth finished her thought with a curious gaze "Rubber...". That was when a strong breeze hit the island and again the sound of subtle drumming reached Elizabeth's ears. Maybe even Eval's had he calmed down enough. The drumming was coming from the tree, specifically a low-hanging branch. A branch, upon Elizabeth's closer inspection, revealed a small hand drum against which the leaves had been tapping. "Eval... I think this is the place... THIS IS WHERE HE'S BURIED!" Elizabeth's excitement at this point could not be contained. She had found it. The resting place of the second Pirate King!

And indeed, her assumption was revealed correct moments later when she found words carved upon the tree trunk. 'Here lies the freest pirate that ever lived, Captain Monkey D. Luffy. A King, a Pirate, and a Friend to all he met. May he always be remembered and his triumphs celebrated. Rest in Piece 'Strawhat Luffy'.'.

Eyes practically bulging and filled with stars Elizabeth was speechless, constantly looking between the text and Eval, caught in a trance and repeating loop.

Eval Kineval

Elizabeth couldn't help but chuckle when Eval called out for help, it was adorable! The look of panic upon his face, the confusion mixed beneath and the strong front he had put on to muster enough courage to reply to her query. It seemed he would make quite the amusing travel companion and, with how he had handled the pirate from before, a splendid addition to her crew! The compassion he showed for the child, the honest way he carried himself. Indeed, this was a man who would fit nicely into her crew. A man she could trust! But what exactly did he want help with? Elizabeth couldn't fly "Haha! We're so dead!".

Falling fast now, the duo would begin their descent in earnest, breaking through cloud after cloud as they did so. And though Eval might not have seen Elizabeth, she was indeed right there aside him and in just as much danger. Landings were not her strong suit. But that was when she heard it, a soft patter in the distance. 'dum dum dum dum, dum dum dum dum', how odd, it was almost like drumming. Looking around Elizabeth quickly turned toward the sound. It was still some distance below them but it seemed to be some distance away. Materialising, Elizabeth drew her pistol and once again pulled Eval into a close embrace. Lining herself up with the sound as best she could, Elizabeth took aim carefully with her pistol. "Hold on tight, this might just kill us"

With a slow and meticulous pull of the trigger, Elizabeth loosed a shot, the bang echoing and drowning out the sound of Eval's words and or screems.

Eval hadn't much time to react to the shot though, once again whipped forward and breakneck speeds. Hurtling through the air and a downward angle, even Elizabeth felt this may have been the end but fortunately for the two a small sky island soon came into view. Though small, the island sported a lonely tree and more than enough room for ten people to camp out comfortably. What was of concern though, was the fact the duo were now flying toward the island like a bullet.

So maybe this is what he was always warned about when it came to the elusive and all-too-terrifying species of 'the female' that his brother always told him about. He could definitely recall one tirade or another about a similar situation to this, but those thoughts were very much overshadowed by his increasing descent to the ground and there was still no Elizabeth in sight! Where the hell did, she disappear off to!?

That is when Elizabeth materialised out of thin air and pulled him close again - okay - now he was definitely going to die, fall or not! Then suddenly he heard a REALLY loud bang before they were suddenly shooting in another direction, he didn't get Elizabeth's warning in time but the moment he felt gravity tugging them in another direction his instinct was to grab hold as tight as possible...At least all the sound drowned out his screams while they were blasting away, and Eval just closed his eyes and hoped for the best.
When all seemed as though it was lost and the duo were set for a fatal impact, Elizabeth quickly turned her back to the island and braced for impact. Pulling Eval even closer so as to attempt and brake his fall at the very least. But when the time came for the deadly impact to occur, a loud 'boing' was all Elizabeth heard. Not a 'thud' not a 'splat' not even a 'crunch' or 'crack', a 'boing'. Opening her eyes the woman found herself, clutching Eval half to death, as she bounced softly up and down on the gelatinous island ground. Looking around, Elizabeth saw little in the way of a grave but, unless she had died and this was all an elaborate trick, she seemed to be perfectly fine.

Releasing her painfully tight grip on Eval, Elizabeth moved to stand. Bouncing on her feet a few times to check she hadn't imagined things. It took her some time to collect her thoughts, but once she did she began to laugh hysterically.
Eval didn't dare open his eyes again until they stopped bouncing up and down on the cloud and Elizabeth released him. He fell back into the cloud and blinked a few times in what was either extreme awe or shock, or maybe a mix of both! For a few seconds he had the same initial thought as Elizabeth 'Am I dead, is this heaven?', but that would subside when she started laughing hysterically.
It took her some time to collect her thoughts, but once she did she began to laugh hysterically. "Eval! We didn't die! Look, isn't this place awesome! It's all bouncy and soft! It's like the whole island is made of rub...".

Snapping her attention to the tree, Elizabeth finished her thought with a curious gaze "Rubber...". That was when a strong breeze hit the island and again the sound of subtle drumming reached Elizabeth's ears. Maybe even Eval's had he calmed down enough. The drumming was coming from the tree, specifically a low-hanging branch. A branch, upon Elizabeth's closer inspection, revealed a small hand drum against which the leaves had been tapping.
Eval just laid there motionless and staring at the sky for a few seconds before suddenly appearing on his knees and hands in an instant, and now staring at the 'ground' instead of the sky "I-it's a CLOUD!!!" he shouted in amazement and started prodding the cloud to see how it would react, which is when he heard Elizabeth finish her thought about the island being made out of rubber. "Rubber? Well, I suppose now you mention it - it does kind of feel that...Wait a minute..." finally Eval began to hear the same subtle sound of drums that flowed through with the breeze. Its source Elizabeth discovered on the branch of a tree.
"Eval... I think this is the place... THIS IS WHERE HE'S BURIED!" Elizabeth's excitement at this point could not be contained. She had found it. The resting place of the second Pirate King!

And indeed, her assumption was revealed correct moments later when she found words carved upon the tree trunk. 'Here lies the freest pirate that ever lived, Captain Monkey D. Luffy. A King, a Pirate, and a Friend to all he met. May he always be remembered and his triumphs celebrated. Rest in Piece 'Strawhat Luffy'.'.

Eyes practically bulging and filled with stars Elizabeth was speechless, constantly looking between the text and Eval, caught in a trance and repeating loop.
Eval started walking over to join Elizabeth and scooting in close to take a better look at the words carved into the tree trunk for himself, "Haha, you were right! Wait...I was right?!" Eval scratched his head and tried to not get caught up in the moment like Elizabeth was, and mentally he was reminding himself that sure, Luffy was pretty cool, but was he the coolest? Not in his books! But reaffirming his brother's status in his mind aside, he was definitely impressed. He even bet that D. didn't expect him to ever manage this, and it was all thanks to this red-haired girl beside him.

He smiled at Elizabeth awkwardly and asked "So, why did we come here again?"

Elizabeth D. Walker

Standing tall and moving her hips to her side, Elizabeth tilted her head back and laughed joyfully as loud as she could. Eval's question as to why they had come her, did however cause her to stop rather suddenly. As if he had just ruined the moment, Elizabeth's laugh vanished in the blink of an eye and her energetic smile was quickly then replaced by a pout. With her cheeks puffed up and her head tilted away from Eval, Elizabeth glanced back at him with wandering eyes "Hmph, you already forgot!?" Elizabeth complained in a childlike manner. Stomping her left foot on the rubbery surface below. Something that turned out to not be the best idea, given it immediately reacted given its texture and nearly wobbled Elizabeth off balance. Though through just barely catching herself, Elizabeth's mood quickly recovered. It was hard to not laugh at herself, especially given the situation. "Tsk, I forgive you. Ya meanie"

Moving toward the tree Elizabeth placed her hand on it gently and whispered a few words that Eval was unable to hear. Turning back to look at him then Elizabeth's smile returned "I came to pay my respects to the former Pirate King. I can't just go and steal his title without even saying hello, that would be so rude!". Offering the man a thumbs up Elizabeth removed her hand from the tree "Now, Let's go get you back your metal thingie from that bald guy."

The trip down from the Island was just as terrifying as the trip up, maybe even more so. The duo free-fell for what felt like an age before Elizabeth broke their fall with another shot of her pistol. Though Eval was left with a rather uncomfortable impact, Elizabeth bore the brunt of the impact, spraining her wrist and bruising her arm in doing so. Needless to say, she wouldn't be trying that again in a hurry. But none the less the duo had made it back to the surface, mostly unharmed. What an achievement! They had yet to die!

Discussions about how exactly to get back Eval's 'metal thingie' lasted quite some time, it seemed Elizabeth's plan to storm the ship just wasn't considered to be all that great. So time and time again the plans made up were scraped. In fact, the two took so long to come up with a plan the Marine ship carrying the captain began to depart. A complete disaster altogether. Fortunately thanks to Eval's quick thinking the two managed to stow away in some crates just in time.

The Trip was long, cold, and for Eval and Elizabeth very uncomfortable. Elizabeth had slept through the most part, but even so it took Eval quite a lot of effort to keep her from blowing their cover anytime she was awake. Fortunately, though, the ship eventually came to port. Where exactly had it come to port though was a mystery. A mystery that was just waiting to be discovered!

Chapter 0 - A Half-Hearted Pair
Complete

A pirate crew of two stowed away upon a Marine ship.

What could possibly go wrong?

bqpe229.png

Demetria Vos Glavus
Holding Cell of the Splendid Intention, Open Sea
Mentions: N/A

In the wide blue sailed a lone Marine vessel, a stark white against the darkened skies and rocking violently assailed by growing storm, the whole ship jerking as it rose and fell over the choppy waves. Marines ran about the upper decks with the rainfall pelting them as they attempted to get the ship's many sails battened down and under control.

Deep below this, however, within its innermost bowels lay the darkened bridge holding but a single prisoner, the vessel's sole cargo intended for the marine headquarters. The entrance had been lit by a single lantern with two guards flanking the door on either side, nervously clutching their weapons with one hand, and attempting to steady themselves their others, yet it did not appear to be the storm that was their main form of concern. The two men were sweating as they dared not look away from the shadows beyond the bars of the jail within which lay the prisoner this voyage had been tasked to transport.

Demetria sat on the cell bench somewhat hunched and looking downwards as a steady stream of smoke raised from her lips, the only sound being made was the rattling of the chains with each lurch of the ship. The guards would likely question where the prisoner had been able to get a hold of cigarettes, let alone a lighter while chained, at least they would if there not more concerned with memories of the scenes that landed the prisoner here to begin with.

The weather had been a far better site, clear sky and fair when the incident had been reported, the Duke of Tango Egress battered, blooded and missing several teeth were scrambling through the Marine outposts entrance. Several moments later Demetria herself had walked in after him, and behind her countless guards literally planted within the walls of the streets, along with everything else that had gotten in the way of her and her target. That might have been a good indication of how poor an idea it was for their Captain to have several waves of recruits in defence of the battered man, who at this point was crying out for forgiveness, something to do with a proposal. Demetria's only response to this was to continue her march in his direction, an expression a mix between boredom and annoyance while mentioning something about him "taking the hand he requested".

The end result of all this? was, nearly the entire garrison was planted upside down within the courtyard and central tower, the noble missing a hand, and then as quickly as it began the woman had simply surrendered once her quarry was dealt with. Suffice to say the disaster proved that the island had no way of handling someone like that, even if the majority of its marines were not currently in the sick ward, so naturally they had to transport her to somewhere far more fortified.

The thing that made the two current guards feel the most uneasy, however, was that it almost seemed like they wanted this..

With Marine HQ Being quite some distance and the weather in the area becoming far too much to bear given the current state of the crew, the vessel carrying Demetria opted to instead dock at Shells Town. A Marine base within the East Blue known for its destructive artillery defense array and, despite multiple efforts to hide such a fact, the island where Zoro and Luffy had first met. In the past, the island base had been under terrible leadership which lead to many a complication for those stationed there. Indeed under the leadership of Ex-Marine Officer Morgan the island had essentially become a den of corruption and those marines on the base were subject to terrible abuse by his hand.

Fortunately, though perhaps not so much for our protagonists, the base today is a far cry from the shell it used to be. Under new management and with serious structural investments Shells Town today is a bastion within the East Blue. Indeed it is the very reason why the Marines have been able to so effectively police the troublesome East Blue since the downfall of Luffy. Yes without the powerful Shells Town base, policing the East Blue would be a strategic and operational nightmare. Its prison, which lays beneath the main cannon array, is an asset worth more than its weight in gold.

A prison poor Demetria would soon find herself trapped within.

With the ship docking the two guards tasked with maning her cell were called back above deck to aid with the final preparations. Leaving Demetria on her lonesome for what seemed like an hour. That said, when the duo returned they were accompanied by a rather carefree-looking officer. Though, with how well-trained Demetria was it would take her just a glance to tell that this woman was no pushover.

admiral_marine_one_piece_full_by_ninfanocturna_d89xorg-pre.png

Marine Captain Nocturna

With the duo of guards opening the cell door the woman was quick to enter the cell. Taking a moment to inspect the area that had been dimly lit with candlelight. Pinching the bridge of her nose the woman waved her hand afront her face before focusing on Demetria exclusively "So you're the infamous 'Demetria Vos Glavus'. Your reputation precedes you. I'm the commanding officer of Shells Town, Marine Captain Nocturna. Unfortunately, for both of us, it would appear you've become my burden until such a time as this vessel or another is ready to transport you to Marine HQ. I request your cooperation but I don't expect it. So, if you're done smoking that disgusting tube of poison, I will be accompanying you to your new holding cell."

Turning back to the duo of Marines the Captain motioned for them to take hold of Demetria's chains. "Please don't make this any harder than it has to be. I have another annoying guest arriving today and I could really do without either of you ruining my day..."
PlusUltra PlusUltra

Elizabeth D. Walker

Meanwhile, our stowaways would find themselves also docking at the famous Shells Town, though they knew it not. With their ship pulling slowly into port the duo were surrounded by hustle and bustle within the storage area of the hold. Indeed there were many a time the duo could have sworn their crates were going to be busted open or inspected given the close proximity of footsteps and voices. But alas nobody seemed too interested in the unmarked boxes and eventually after quite some time the noise within the hold was reduced to nothing. It seemed the duo were alone once again.

Elizabeth burst out of her box with a deep breath and sighed. Ahh, fresh hold air... what a change of scenery! Looking over to where Eval's box had been, Elizabeth noticed it had been moved. It took her some scanning to locate it but once she did she began pulling at its lid "Oi, Eval. Come on! It's time to get up. We've docked, we have to find your metal thingie! Think of the metal thingie!" Her voice echoed in the confined space. Had anyone been around they would have certainly heard her but fortunately that wasn't the case. Looking around the two were most definitely all alone within the cargo hold. Even the torches had been extinguished. Luckily though for the duo they had spent so long in dark crates that despite the lack of artificial light the room seemed better-lit by comparison.

Standing back once she had gotten the lid off the crate Elizabeth noticed the box contained not her new companion but instead oranges "Ah! Eval! What have they done to you! My poor poor Eval! You were always a zesty type of fellow but gah! The horror! you were so young!" Clutching her chest Elizabeth forced a tear to the edge of her eye "I'll avenge you, don't you worry my dear friend"

Standing up to her full height, the woman loomed slightly taller than most of the marines around her. Despite not reaching the size of some of the human giants in the world, there was something about her eyes and stance that gave the impression of her towering with the dim candlelight causing her shadow to loom heavily over the room.

Demetria remained standing in silence with an unnerving stare at the woman who chose to speak to her, giving a faint tilt of her head in acknowledgement letting the smoke flow softly. Standing around her gives an uncomfortable aura of coiled aggression, ready to unleash violence at the slightest moment, yet regardless she followed along without a word, though to some it would look more as if she was walking the two marines on the chains than the other way around.

This was probably only emphasised when she finally gave a response once the captain had turned, letting the spent stick drop freely from her mouth before leaning over towards one of the marines and plucking a pack of cigarettes from his pocket, lighting one anew on the candle as they passed.

"Your day coming to ruin....depends entirely on you, though the fact this vessel fled from the storm already bodes poorly. This diversion is *Sigh* Troublesome" Her words came out flat, uninterested and fairly bored, yet still echoed around the room slowly with a low base

She should have anticipated the possibility of a detour with the worsening storm, but in all honesty, she had given the Marines' creed too much worth, expecting them to tough it up and sail on through to the HQ. The delay was more of an annoyance really, she would need to carry on in the company of these people until either they remarked or another opportunity presented itself.

"Oh, and I will take succour from your serfs once we are settled. Bread and Salt will suffice" The blunt speech comes out more as a statement than a request, perhaps unnerving the guards further if that was at all possible.

Uasal Uasal

c38ba2dd6210ffbb857fae9339c2639e.jpg
Eval Kineval

So here he was once again! Stowed away aboard another ship, only this time instead of being a pirate ship they were on a marine ship - and instead of being 'stowed' in the brig Eval and Elizabeth had found themselves squashed in a couple of unmarked crates. On the bright side, he wasn't a prisoner on this ship yet - but on the downside the confined space he found himself in was less than desirable...

Eval didn't know how long he stayed in that box of his, only that it felt like an utter eternity, and all he was able to do was sit there and silently ponder. The more he thought about his drill sitting around somewhere on the ship the more he thought he was going to go mad, and the cramps didn't help! It was after doing a lot of thinking and a lot of attempts to district himself from the confinement of his box that Eval decided...

I. CAN'T. TAKE. THIS. ANYMORE!!!!!

During what had to be the dead of night, Eval opted to escape from his confinement and kill two birds with one stone by searching the ship for his drill. He was careful not to make any sound as he lifted the lid up from his box and peered through the gap to make sure nobody else was around to see him climbing out. Once he was sure the way was clear he carefully snuck out of his box - when suddenly the sound of footsteps begun to descend the stairs and sending Eval panicking and throwing himself into another nearby crate, right before they reached the bottom.

"Man, this bag is heavy! Why do we need so many oranges!?!" one of the marines said whilst hauling a large sack bag of oranges on his back "Who cares! Beats toilet duties!!" his partner chanted and the first marine agreed with a slight nod "You're right. Alright let's dump em' in here."

Eval watched as the marine emptied the bag of oranges into the unmarked box he had just crawled out of, thinking silently to himself 'It's a good thing I decided to move when I did...' After that close call, Eval opted to remain in his new crate for the remainder of the trip, and somehow, he managed to fall into a deep sleep.

~ Sometime Later ~
Eval was snoozing away when he was awoken by the sound of Elizabeth's distressed voice.
Standing back once she had gotten the lid off the crate Elizabeth noticed the box contained not her new companion but instead oranges "Ah! Eval! What have they done to you! My poor poor Eval! You were always a zesty type of fellow but gah! The horror! you were so young!" Clutching her chest Elizabeth forced a tear to the edge of her eye "I'll avenge you, don't you worry my dear friend"
"Wha? Hughnnn..." Eval groaned and tried to stretch only to find his arms and legs stifled by the limited space of his crate "Uggghhh..." he groaned again...Eval hated mornings. He popped open the lid to his box and slowly crept out and approached behind Elizabeth, peering behind her shoulder to the box of oranges "You really think I'm zesty...?" he said forcefully, because he was still too tired to speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back