• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Music of the Night: The Phantom of the Opera Returns (Guile & Melody)

Erik stayed where he was, away from the gate to give the two room, until Raoul yanked on Christine's arm. He rushed to the gate and smacked it with his hands, wrapping his fingers around the metal bars. He did not reach for the vicomte though. "Let her go." He growled several times over as Raoul was speaking until, finally, he did. Erik saw the tears in her eyes and he took her arm, the one Raoul had pulled on, and rubbed it gently with his hands, hoping that it did not hurt anymore. "They are not doomed, nor are they isolated!" Erik retorted. "Christine and the children are all free to leave here as they please. I realize, vicomte, that they need to get out of here and be in the world above every now and again. I let them do so, provided they return to me. I take care of them. Their wellbeing is more important to me than anything else." Erik glared at Raoul and wrapped an arm gently around Christine, not to keep her beside him, but to comfort her. "She is a free person...but now she is also my wife."

Christine also rubbed her arm, understanding how Raoul was feeling and appreciated every word that came from him. "Raoul..." she choked on her own tears. "Erik is right. I love him so very much. He knows this." She choked again. She was looking the Phantom in the eyes as she said these words. "I have no plans to leave him, though he gives me that option freely." "Erik, who's Erik?" Raoul asked, bewildered. "You mean him?!?" He jabbed his finger at the Phantom. "Since when did the Phantom of the Opera ever have a name?" Christine thought about what he said. "As I have told you before, the Phantom is a man, not a monster. My name is not Christine Daae any longer." She whimpered. "My name is Madame Christine Destler by marriage." She confessed. "We have been married for three days." This wasn't what Raoul wanted to hear. "You have thrown your life away, Christine!" He reached for her again, but Christine didn't return the gesture. "I've made my choice, Raoul." She crossed her arms over her chest, hung her head and turned away from him. "Please, go home." She tried to sound firm though her voice cracked. "Go."

Erik looked into Christine's eyes as she spoke to him, knowing every word she said to be true. He was so grateful to her for staying true to him. Erik was well aware of how she still cared for Raoul and how much this was hurting her, but he couldn't have been more proud that she had decided to stay. In fact, her words almost brought tears of joy to his eyes. However, Erik waited in silence as Christine said what she needed to say, letting her get her word in and not interrupting. When she finished and turned from Raoul, Erik faced the man. He did not wish to fight with him, physically or verbally. It was hard enough for Christine and he didn't wish to make it any harder. "You have heard what Christine has to say." Erik kept his tone quiet and matter-of-factly. He wasn't about to start yelling again. "Please, leave. Now it is your presence which hurts her." Erik hoped Raoul would go. He knew the longer the vicomte stayed, the harder it was going to be for Christine. Turning away from Raoul, Erik wrapped his arms around Christine comfortingly tight. He kissed the top of her head lovingly and stroked her hair, doing all that he could to stop the pain she was feeling.

"I will go, Phantom." Raoul confessed. "But, if, and only if, she sees a doctor every now and then." He bargained with the Opera Ghost. "I want the children to see a doctor." He indicated the still crying twins and the two babies. "They need it." Indicating Christine again, he pointed at her wet dress. "She'll catch pneumonia if she stays here like this." He held back tears. "Please, I beg, Phantom. Take her to the doctor. Take them all." He didn't move until he got an answer. "She needs soup and dry clothing. She needs warmth." He kept going. "If you are her husband, you should understand this. If you are the man that watched after her as she grew, you would understand her weaknesses." Christine couldn't take much more. "Raoul, go before something happens." Her words were almost a threat. "I should have you arrested for kidnapping and beating children and murdering William!" She whined. "Please, Raoul." The vicomte turned around, getting angry. "This is war on you, murderer!"

Erik nodded as the vicomte spoke, agreeing. He did not respond verbally, but in his mind he had already agreed. Of course he would look after them, take them to the doctor when they needed it, and make sure they stayed healthy. He in no way needed Raoul to remind him how to be a decent husband and father, but he did what he could to make the vicomte leave. Erik was shocked when Christine spoke again, rather harshly to Raoul. Ignoring Raoul's threat, he held tight to Christine, hoping to calm her, and waited for the vicomte to leave. He spoke softly to his wife when he finally did. "It's alright now, Christine." Erik kissed the top of her head again. "He is gone and I shall watch over you now as he asked." He mumbled under his breath. "He may be a nuisance, but he does have your best interests in mind. As do I." Erik assured her before taking her hand gently and leading her out of the water. Pulling a dry dress from the wardrobe he handed it to Christine, plus a towel so that she could dry herself off. "Here," his words were still soft, "you must change. You'll freeze to death if you don't." Erik placed a kiss on her cheek, then went to the crying twins. "Come here, my children." Erik opened his arms and embraced them both. "Do not be afraid. All is well now." He kissed them each on the forehead, hoping to calm them as well.

Christine shivered under his touch. It such a warm and inviting touch that it was impossible for Christine to remain angry for long. Trying not to sink into him, falling under his spell, she obediently put on the offered dress, not bothering to hide as she changed. "I wish for you to know that I meant every word of what I said." She adjusted her dress to where it fit snuggly against her body. "I love you so much and appreciate all that you've done for me, Teacher." She promised him. "I've made my choice. Perhaps, we should do something, anything, to take our minds off of all of this." She kissed him. "Anything."

Out of respect, Erik stayed turned away form her once he realized that she had not hidden to change. Though, the thought made him strangely happy. It made him feel like she was no longer afraid to be open with him - even with something such as this. When he felt she had finished, he allowed himself to approach her, smiling at how beautiful she was, as always. Erik placed his hands on her shoulders and kissed her cheek. "I already knew you were telling the truth. I can see it in your eyes." He smiled at her and happily let her kiss him, to which he kissed her back. "You're absolutely right, Christine. What shall we do?" Erik looked off into the distance for a moment, as if trying to think of something. He turned back to her, making himself serious again but he was still smiling. "Would you like to get out of here for a while?" He was reminded of what the vicomte had said. "You shouldn't stay cooped up in here all the time. If you want to get out and get fresh air, I won't mind. We could go for a stroll." He suggested, raising his brow at her to see what she really wanted to do.

Realizing what she had just done, even if she was only changing her dress, she covered her eyes and mouth in horror. "Oh, no...no..." she kept saying. "Oh, forgive me. I wasn't thinking, children." Alistair's face turned scarlet, as did Lilly's. "That's al-alright, Mama." Alistair assured her, attempting a smile. Satisfied, Christine kissed them both and turned her attention to Erik, who was expecting an answer. "A stroll sounds lovely, my darling." She closed her eyes to picture this. Another experience like last time, when he almost knocked her out of the tree. "Let us go."

Erik's face was just about as red as the children's, though he tried to hide it. After all, she had only been changing. Still, he was glad when she changed the subject - more for the poor children than himself. He had to stifle a laugh at the thought of the trauma she had probably just induced on them. Which, he would have teased her for, but Erik saw how guilty Christine looked and didn't wish to bring it up. "Wonderful!" He exclaimed when she gave him his answer, then held out his arm for her to take if she wished.

Still flaming red because of her actions, Christine took her husband's arm. "After you, my husband." She hugged and kissed all four children. "Only open up for me, your father, Catherine or Andrew, okay?" She made sure that they knew. "Of course, we can handle it." Alistair assured. "Now, Ali, I expect you to be the man here, okay. Because, the truth is, when your father and I are gone, all of this..." she waved a hand around the beauty. "Is yours." At this, the boy stood straight up. "Got it! Get going!" Christine laughed as she walked out with Erik, rowing by herself at first.

Erik laughed at Alistair's excitement. "Oh, so he wants us gone when it is he that gets to run the house. I see." Erik joked to Christine before setting off in the boat with her. He waved back at the children and said a last goodbye before turning back and realizing Christine was rowing by herself. "Now, I know you're more than just some silly house wife..." he teased, smiling, "but won't you let me do that, please?" Erik practically begged her, pleading with his eyes and smiling sweetly at her as he held out his hand, offering to take control of the boat.

"Then, what do you expect me to do, Erik? Sit right in front of you, like I do every time we get in this boat? Do you want me to sing to you as well?" She sat right in front of him, taking her position, as always, at the front of the little rickety boat. "I'm not happy about this, but if you want me to sing, you can forget it." She sighed as she let her fingers drag against the surface of the water. "I suppose I'll just sit here and be useless then."

Erik took the ores and rowed on. "Now, Christine...you aren't useless." He assured her, hoping she wasn't too upset. "You know very well why I wanted to row." Erik attempted a tease, hoping to make her feel better. "Women and boats are bad news. You think they're fine, then they get distracted by something, and before you know it - you're sinking." He laughed lightly and stopped rowing for a second so that he could lean forward and kiss her on top of the head. "Are you angry at me, love?" Erik whispered in her ear, a smile on his face, before he stood up and continued rowing.

She turned away from him, disguising her smile with words that sounded like anything but happiness. "And, I suppose, men don't get distracted then?" She attempted to insert a growl, but none came. "The last time I checked, men get so distracted by women that they ignore their children." She felt her musical urges start flaring up. Curse him and his hypnosis. She tried to push it away, but it wouldn't budge. "I'm not angry, Master."

Erik smiled, knowing that she wasn't upset with him...at least not entirely. He decided to tease a little. "For goodness sake, Christine. You don't wish to be treated as beneath me - which you are not, I assure you - but yet you continue to refer to me as 'Master'." Erik raised a brow at her, though she was turned away from him. "Why is that so? You know very well you are my equal, yet you still give me this title. Forgive me, but I am curious as to why."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Well," she sighed, still turned away from him. "I've been so used to saying it for so long, just around thirty five years..." she paused for another breath. "I just think of it as normal now. You were my music master for thirty five years now, since my....my father passed on." She held back tears. "I'll stop if it displeases you."

Erik could tell she was upset, the memory of her father's death coming back to her at his words. He didn't need to hear the pain in her voice or the pauses to tell when she was hurting. Just as the boat reached the other side, Erik got out and extended his arms to Christine to help her out as well. "Christine, I'm sorry for...for reminding you of your father's passing. The last thing I wanted was to bring back that memory." He pulled her into a warm embrace, hoping that she would forgive him. "And I couldn't care less what you call me. Just so long as you remember that we're married and I am not, nor have I ever been, above you." Erik placed a kiss on her temple and took her hand in his tenderly. "Come, let us go for that stroll now." He smiled at her as he started to lead her up the stairs to the world above, hoping to take her mind from that unpleasantness that had happened so many years ago.

As Christine sat on the floor of the boat, her nails digging into it like claws to keep herself sane. She was at war with the tears at this point, until the boat mercifully stopped on the other side. She felt the boat rock a little more as the Phantom got out and onto dry ground. She was offered his hand, but refused to take it until she was sure that she wouldn't break down in front of him. After all, Daae's heart condition wasn't a fair way to die, especially not when he had a five year old to take care of. "It's f-fine..." she tried to reassure him. "And, how could I ever forget?" She smiled, holding out her right hand. "What's this on my finger?" She warmed up to him immediately.

Erik smiled, glad that she was feeling slightly better as if she were coming out of memories and back into the present. "Of course, dear. You're right!" He took her hand when she held it out to him and placed a kiss on it, just above her wedding ring. "Just make sure that stays on your finger. I wouldn't want you to lose it and forget that you're married to me." Erik laughed, grateful that the mood had lightened and that she was warming back up to him.

Blushing as his lips graced her fingers, and turning her head away in the process, she grinned like Carlotta did when she got the part of the lead in the upcoming opera. "Shame on me if I forgot that I married the symbol of this place." She turned back to him and noticed his hand, where she saw his ring, but wanted to make him suffer. "Who gave you that gorgeous little trinket?" She kissed his hand as well.

"Oh, that?" Erik teased as she kissed his hand, the soft feeling of her lips making him smile. When she removed her lips, Erik twisted the ring around on his finger, as if he were examining it from all angles. "A very beautiful, very stunning woman. Yes," Erik's eyes glistened as he pretended to be remembering this woman, "she is a thing of beauty - sculpted by angels, as many a man would say." He brought his eyes down to gaze in hers, a sly grin on his lips.

"Oh, really?" She touched her nose to his, but didn't kiss her husband. "Could you, perhaps, give a better description. Because, I assure you that she can describe you to a T." She let her lips hover over his. Christine wouldn't let him get away with such a meager description of his wife. "Wouldn't it be a fair trade?" She took his hand and came up to the surface, breathing in fresh air.

Having Christine's lips so close to his, but not touching, drove Erik mad. He wanted to kiss her so badly, but she was toying with him and he couldn't help smiling at the thought. "Alright...I shall." Forcing himself to do so, he turned just slightly away from Christine so that their lips weren't so close. If she was going to tease him, he was going to tease her back. "Well, I'll start with her eyes because they captivate me every time I look into them. They're a beautiful brown that any man would get lost in - if you look just close enough, it's like looking at ocean waves, but brown of course. You would swear that you could see the color flowing like water, bursting from around her pupil like the rays of the sun. And what kind of a man would I be if I didn't talk about her body?" Erik tried to hide his laughter as he went to make a motion to indicate her body shape, but caught Christine's eyes, grinned, and put his hands back at his side. I'm too smart to get myself into trouble because of that. His own thought made him want to laugh. "I suppose it wouldn't be gentlemanly to speak of that around another woman...however, I will reiterate that 'sculpted by angels' comment from before." Erik's eyes shown clearly, and you could tell he was having fun with this. "Oh, and now onto her personality because, as all men know, that's what we care about more than anything." Now, he laughed, but cut himself short. "Oh, she's a very smart woman but she always insists on teasing me. I swear, I can't catch a break." He bent down and whispered in Christine's ear as if he were telling her a secret. "I think it's because she's so madly in love with me - she always has to come up with something for me to react to." Standing up straight again, Erik raised a brow at Christine, his smile ever so clear. "Are you satisfied now?"

Christine gave him almost something like a death glare as he waved his hands at his sides. It was a look as if she were saying, get this wrong, and you sleep in the chair. "I suppose you're right." She admitted. "Talking about another woman while around me probably isn't a good idea." She kissed him at last as she heard the clanking and shattering of glass and metal as the chandelier was still being picked up. "And, yes, I'm satisfied."

Erik laughed at her response, but was cut short when she placed her lips on his. He smiled, satisfied himself, and took her hand in his as they walked out of the Opera House and into the street. "What, you aren't going to describe the lovely gentleman who gave you that ring? And who I'm willing to bet is oh so handsome." He added with a sly grin, trying not to laugh too hard as he did so. "That seems oddly unfair to me, Christine."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back