• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
That the incident would be blamed on the servant girl was a given, in Faean’s opinion. It was, perhaps, unfair but that’s how their world worked. Magicians were the ruling class, noble or otherwise, and there was nothing anyone could do about it. Not even the Magicians themselves. At least, not on any great scale, not just yet. He listened to Saverio’s rant with outward sympathy, more interested about what in the world his friend meant by demons and stinks. He could guess the former to be related to that claw he had seen when he touched the Ardenstone but he recalled his conversation with that entity having been a fair bit more serious than… whatever Saverio was implying.

It made him wonder what other people had gone through in that test and what it all meant. If he thought that his friend would give him a useful answer, he might have questioned it. Unfortunately, it seemed the boy was a little too far gone in his concern for his scent.Still, Faean indulged him when the ruffled sleeve was thrown in his face, in part because he wanted it out of the way to see the duel but mostly because he knew there wasn’t really any other option — at least, that the other student would accept.

“Yes, of course,” he replied, pushing the hand in front of him away softly with his own, “you smell fine, Saverio.”

As he said that, he caught sight of a Flux spell hurtling toward Duchateau and the other student’s response. He barely had time, however, to arch a brow at Lord Renoux’s choice of spell before he found himself blinded by a painful white light. He didn’t panic, knowing almost immediately that this was a teacher interfering at last. He took in a sharp breath as he shut his eyes tightly, unwilling to get a migraine as his punishment for watching the fight.

When he opened his eyes again, their Principal had stormed in and, to Faean’s great amusement, immediately called out Saverio’s name with a booming voice.

By the time the group had finished being lectured, Faean was basically done with his breakfast. He rose from his seat, giving the now rather downtrodden-looking Duchanteau a nod and a somewhat reassuring smile, wondering how Saverio was going to handle the responsibility of closing this case. Rather than hanging behind to find out, in fear of being dragged in to express an opinion he’d rather not give, Faean decided to follow the others leaving the hall for their lessons.

He hesitated to approach Nero, who was walking with the man who had been involved in the duel, as they seemed quite invested in their conversation already. Eventually, as they were right in his path, he decided to go over anyway, Jinx struggling to keep up at his heels.

“Hello, Nero, it seems we meet again, after all,” he greeted with a warm smile, before his gaze travelled to her companion, “and you’re… Lord Renoux, I believe?”

“My name’s Faean dea’Aria,” he introduced to the man, extending his hand, “nice to meet you.”

Feyrie Feyrie Kabochamp Kabochamp HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

[import]9420182[/import][div class="body"]
QPnLe78.png

[div style="font-size: 4vh; margin-left: 3vh;"]saverio vaillancourt[/div]Saverio was far too immersed in his dilemma that he didn't notice any of changes in Faean's expression if it had. "I could remember it like it was just yesterday," he sighs before clenching his fist and gritting his teeth. "It clearly didn't make any sense," He raised his shoulders confused "How could it possible that I, the most perfect human being to walk the world- possibly smell?" Just the thought of it made his blood boil.

When his friend assured him, he let out a sigh of relief. Indeed, he was still handsome and he also smelled good. In conclusion, he was perfect.

"STOP!" Hearing the familiar booming voice, he instinctively covered his ears and closed his eyes. He didn’t even need to see to know who it was as he quite familiar to this scenario. He can tell what was going to happen next. Not quite sure if it had to do with quick actions but he didn’t suffer much under the old man’s grand entrance. And they call him overdramatic, he rolled his eyes. As he expected, he didn’t need to call for them at all as they were drawn to the event like bees to honey. "Saverio Vaillancourt Raestraguc, what have you done-" Saverio laughs, “It’s great that you still remember me. I was starting to sulk that they’re stealing all the limelight.” He glances at those who were actually involved with the mess. "But unfortunately, this fine mess of a work isn't mine." Seriously why are all these people trying to compete for the limelight with him? There could only be one star of the show and it could only be him.

He didn’t even bat an eye when his name was called. He stood in a line with the rest of them but he was very nonchalant about the whole thing. This confidence had come from experience. He was examining his nails. In the first place, he had absolutely had done nothing wrong this time and even if he had- Saverio had a more unique viewpoint of Oulders Deepwater since he was familiar with him from a young age, he had seen him more as a fussy old man hence why he couldn't really find it in him to be afraid. This made either view him as either brave or a fool.

In the end, the matter fell back to his hands. He pursed his lips, eyeing the famous Principle Magician. "I believe you owe me an apology this time." Among the student population, it was probably only him who could have treat him that way but Saverio accepted the responsibility. They were just giving him all the work. No doubt it was because of the last incident he caused. This was probably their payback. Still- with him in charge, the whole matter would be less of a big deal than if they had gotten involved with it. His status gave him the authority to do it and whatever the result would also come back to him. He snorted, what would happen if he ended up dealing this poorly? Saverio saw him off, quite unwillingly. He definitely saw Oulders' sneak off with a cinnamon roll causing him to roll his eyes but said nothing.

Now, what to do. What to do. He turned back and looked to the two that who made the mess in the first place. Saverio never really saw himself as a cleaner, but he wasn't in any position to refuse either. Politics are so difficult. This was why he had talented people under him so they could do all the work. Saverio dealt with the servant first as it was more simple. He had done as he planned to do. He had fired the servant mercilessly on. the. spot. "I don't think I need to say anymore. I'm sure you're aware of it yourself. You're fired. Don't show your face here again." He spoke with his business smile. His eyes remained cold even when she had burst into tears. He had stared at her so that she may longer take it anymore and leave the dining hall at once. This time he made sure to see that she had actually left the hall. He was playing the necessary evil. Showing mercy to the servant would actually give adverse effects and would even affect her life badly in the end. It was easier to appease the House Duchanteau on the surface and help the servant in the shadows.

However for those who didn't understand the way nobility worked could only see Saverio badly especially after so many students had tried to stand up for her to be futile in the end. He crossed arms over his chest, this was why he didn't want to play the role. Now that was finish, it was time to do the more troublesome bit. "Are you alright, Constance?" He had asked. He wasn't fully paying attention but he saw. He definitely saw the fight and who hurt who. "If you wish, there is a healer on standby." He gestured to the healer that was waiting at the side. While he had Constance distracted, he spoke to a nearby servant regarding the plans on what to do with the one he had just fired. Saverio acted normally when Constance looked back. With nothing else, Saverio guided him out of the door "For now how about a warm bath and fresh pair of clothes? I am sure Mistress Conjurer and Miss Enchantra wouldn't mind." They definitely shouldn't since they left it up to him, but he had a nagging feeling that they were still going to accuse him of being late once again. "I'll be sure to talk to Madame Raefleurs to reimbursing you with this incident with five new pairs, of course." He started to appease him as he attended to the Kal'Borian. He was pretty lucky it was Oulders Deepwater who talked him into this as he made good use of his people skills into making sure that not only would the incident be placed behind them but they would also reap benefits from it as well.

Saverio only managed to free himself once he left him to bath and left him with one of the servants. This time he stated implicitly to take extra care of the young lord of the House Duchanteau. He didn't want a repeat of the accident earlier. Not quite sure how much time had passed but he started to walk quickly to Western Gardens.
tags: OSWonder OSWonder Lekiel Lekiel animegirl20 animegirl20 HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

[/div]

Last edited:
"Defend me..? Find father?" Enn repeated towards Nathaniel, her slate grey irises wavered as she considered the suggestion. She looked back at the posturing combatants and shook her head in polite denial. "No, we must stay. They will stop this." Enn finished.

He sighed slightly at her response and nodded none the less
, "Very well. I'll make sure no spell reaches past here." Calmly, a small, pale light of abjuration magic glowed from Nathaniel's hands. A powerful flux spell prepared should have anything from the scuffle reach their position. As the two moved off, Nathaniel watched the fight and the surrounding area. In particular, a rather dark and strangely closed-eyed cat who seemed to be taking advantage of the chaos and consuming literally as much of the bacon from the tables as it could. The noble rolled his eyes at his familiar and went back to see just in time for the gunslinger, Renoux if heard right, to dodge the lightning bolt. Some of the rounds whizzed by and Nathaniel only looked bored. This was ridiculous. All of them are fools. To resort to fighting over something that could have been easily settled with speech. Not to mention, those at fault were both from the Ivory Tower. Is this how all of them act? Blades, spells, and guns before reason? Foolish.

Nathaniel's thoughts were cut off as a voice, deep and powerful echoed over the fighting. "STOP", it called as a strange rainbow-colored orb appeared amidst the fighting. Before he knew what was happening, Nathaniel was blown backward, eyes becoming blind as the orb burst into an intense light, sending most of the students to the ground. He included. As the small black dots in his vision began to fade, Nathaniel unsteadily returned to his feet. The Desert's Mercy, what was that? Nathaniel looked around confused until his eyes settled on the stone gargoyle in the center of the room. His first thought was that they were under attack before his senses returned to him. After the shockwave, he searched around for Enn and only found her smirking off in the aggressive Ivory tower noble's direction. The cordial drink from the tables had now covered him. A sickening sense of gratification came to him. Fate is kind to those who remain wary of its antics, punishing to those who don't.

He went to the girls, helping them up to their feet as a familiar face walked in. The Headmaster, Oulders Deepwater, marched into the cafeteria in a fit of obvious anger, his words reaching all in the hall
, "What's the meaning of this!?" Nathaniel watched as the headmaster began with accusing the strange boy from before who seemed to be giving out free alcohol and flowers before retracting the statement. At the same time, Nihil, the bacon glutton, returned to Nathaniel's shoulder, licking his lips. Headmaster Deepwater seemed to commune with his demons for a moment, both the gargoyle and the strange-looking secretary who had come in with him. Nathaniel was then called forward, as were the rest of those involved. He waited silently as the punishment came to them who caused the argument to begin with as well as the appreciation that came his way for trying to remain admirable.

With breakfast practically finished, he was just about to address his fattening familiar as a tap came to his shoulder. Confused, he turned in surprise to find the girl of which he remembered so vaguely yet still evident. Enn had given him a friendly smile as she spoke
, "Thank you... your name's Nathaniel, isn't it? I am Enn Velahl... though you probably already knew that." As she reached for a handshake, Nathaniel took it calmly, like he was meeting the lady of a noble house, "You've naught to thank me for, Lady Velahl. As for knowing your name prior to this, nothing is more earnest than learning a lady's name from herself rather than others. I am Nathaniel Cryvere, though Nathan can work in a rush. As for this event, as I said, nothing to thank me for. I have no doubts you could take care of yourself. I wish you a good day, my lady." He released her with a calm smile of his own before walking away with a wave, heading toward the location of their upcoming lesson.

053.jpgThe jackass looked her over gave a look that basically said he wasn't worth her time.

"Hey Brenda! Deal with this peasant for me."

"Excuse me?" Starlight said as she glanced at the redhead he called Brenda. Apparently, Starlight wasn't even worth the trouble for him. Started to say something when she suddenly felt a soft tap on her leg. She looked down to see Luna with a slightly worried look on her face. "You know the rules Starlight. He isn't worth it." Luna said. Starlight sighed and looked back towards the guy who was talking to Iron eyes. The jackass mentioned something about it being three on three. "It might be a bit to late to back out now." Starlight said.

"Don't do it!"

Starlight turned around to see Enn who looked panic. Maybe this was only making things worse. But at the same time, she really wanted to put this guy in his place. The two magicians went back and forth until finally, Iron eyes had made an official decision. He nodded towards Starlight who nodded back at him with a smirk and then he started it off with the first attack. Their battle didn't get very far. Starlight didn't even get to make her first strike when suddenly an older man's voice yelled out.

"STOP!"

Suddenly there was a blinding white light and starlight got knocked off her feet and went flying back. Starlight was blinded for a few seconds and it took her moment to sit up to see what was happening. Luna had been blinded a bit as well and had landed on Starlight. Starlight scanned the room and saw the principle. "Oh no..." Starlight slowly stood up with Luna in her arms and glanced around the room.

"Velahl, Renoux, Cryvere, Duchanteau, Momozono and Raestraguc. Before me, now."

She quickly walked over to deep water along with the others.

"This is terribly... terribly disappointing. And we are only days away from The Reckoning... and Starlight, might I remind you that you are here on scholarship?"

Starlight looked down and squeezed Luna slightly. "Yes Sir, I'm sorry it won't happen again." After the lecture Principle, Deepwater left and Starlight let out a breath she didn't even know she was holding in. Starlight glanced over at Enn was had given her a strained smile and a nod. Starlight gave a small smile back. She felt totally stupid yeah she shouldn't have been a part of it but at the same time she wanted that jerk to get what he deserved.

"It was impressive to see you stand up for your friend as well"

"Huh?" Starlight turned to see someone was talking to her. "Oh! Thanks but clearly I probably could have handled it differently." Iron eyes started to go on about how people had forgotten what it meant to be noble and how most of them nowadays were spoiled. He then took out and flask and took a nip of it then offered it to them. "Actually I could use some Starlight said as she took the flask and then had a swing of it then handed it back to him.

"It is why i aided young Enn. I never met her until now, but she and the servant were blameless and undeserving of such behavior. As is my duty not only as a lord, but as a decent human being to protect those whom can not do so themselves. My father had taught me this. And one day, should the fates deem it, i will instill it into my children. Most of my peers think me a fool to hold onto such notions. Yet those who serve my house and my interests support me. Tell me Nero, Starlight. Do you find such notions of Nobility foolish?"

Starlight eyes widen. "No! Of course, not more people should think that way! It's not right the way some of them treat others who aren't of nobility I understand names and titles can important but that doesn't give people the right to treat them like dirt or to act like they aren't good enough." Starlight said passionately. Nero went to change the subject and that's when she noticed Faean. "Morning Faean." Starlight said after spoke to the other two. Starlight eyes then noticed Saverio clearly trying to appease the jackass. She still for the life of her couldn't remember his name. But that was ok she preferred the name she had for him.
OSWonder OSWonder Lekiel Lekiel HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Feyrie Feyrie Kabochamp Kabochamp

Turning to face the source of the familiar voice, Nero met Faean's eyes and returned his smile "Indeed, congratulations on your victory yesterday" she said in greeting along with a nod. "It's been rather heartening to see the other candidates so far. A number of chosen in particular have stood out already, it's getting exciting" she said, with a small amount of pink on her cheeks.

While watching the introductions taking place between her two recent aquaintances, she became aware that they would have to leave soon to be sure that they were on time for their class, though it wasn't true that they had to rush yet either.

Shelving that thought for that moment and focusing on her opportunity to build relationships with the other students taking on the Reckoning along side her, she noticed Lontano was staying quiet on her shoulder for a change and she glanced at him out of worry. Disappointed to only to see his eyes fixed on the small swan, a discreet grin on his face as he prepared to pounce on the tiny bird as something of a mean prank but Nero quickly pulled him into her arms to keep him in check, even if he struggled to be let go.

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest animegirl20 animegirl20 OSWonder OSWonder

Renoux gave a small smile upon hearing their words. "It gladdens me to know that there are some that hold onto the sentiment" He replied taking his flask back. He was about to respond to Nero's question when he noticed Saverio talking to the servant girl and sending her off in tears. Looking to his Foliot, he gave a precise order, and instructions. With a nod of her head, the Foliot turned Kaeyo rushed off to fulfill her master's will.

Scrambling across the floors, the Spirit closed in on her target. The now out of work servant girl. Picking up her pace, Mi'Tsuun shot past the girl and slid across the floor, coming to a stop before the distraught girl. "My master has an offer for you young lady." The Foliot purred, barring the girl's way. "From the way you are crying it appeared my master was correct in his assumption. Lord Renoux, the man that came to defend you and Lady Enn, extends an invitation and employment to serve him at Renoux manor. You like all the other staff serving the Renoux household will be paid a bi-weekly salary, and treated with the utmost respect and dignity. You would be offered a room in the manor. As a bonus should you accept, you will be given instruction in self defense and a personal revolver made by Lord Renoux himself." The spirit said, fulfilling her master's request word for word. "If you agree to the terms of employment, head to Renoux Manor. Tell the staff that Mi'Tsuun sent you."

Meanwhile back in the dining hall, Iron-eyes thought on Nero's question. "You know... I'm not sure. I guess we'll see soon enough"

animegirl20 animegirl20 Kabochamp Kabochamp Lekiel Lekiel Feyrie Feyrie

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest
The distraught servant's eyes widened as the peculiar looking foliot stopped in front of her and made his offer. Her mouth dropped agape as she heard the generous offer, though at the mention of the personal firearm, her breath caught in her throat and she let out an air of surprise, rushing forward instinctively to cover the Foliot's mouth.

"Hush!" She shook her head, sniffling a little and wiping her puffy eyes on her sleeve. "T-That is illegal! I-I'll get into more trouble... not to mention the good name of your Lord!" The servant whispered hastily. A hint of her earlier fears threatened to resurface in her brown eyes, as she glanced around to check if anyone had overheard before stepping back to let Mi`Tsuun finish his offer.

She toyed with the linings of her garment for a moment, worrying her bottom lip as if unsure of what to make of the generous offer. Her eyes flickered over to where the young Duchanteau was leaving the dining hall with his cortege in tow, before glancing back at her hands pressed against her dirtied apron. She closed her eyes, and allowed herself a moment to breathe. When she opened them again, a semblance of hope sparkled in her tawny irises and she squared her posture, no longer the dejected girl she once was a moment ago.

"I... I-I'd be delighted to serve Lord Renoux!" She grinned through her tear-stained face. "I-I will head to R-Renoux Manor right away... please tell Master Renoux that Emily Applebrook is enormously grateful for his generosity!" She curtseyed to the Foliot before taking her leave, an evident spring in her step.

--Ironeyes gains '+1 honor' for his admirable decision as a result of this event. Saverio gains '+1 charm' for his actions as a result of this event. Starlight gains '+1 audacity' for her actions as a result of this event. Nathaniel gains '+1 stoicism' for his actions as a result of this event. Add them to your 'Status Effects'. For those that did not directly participate, do not worry, as these effects do not give any character statistical advantage. Nevertheless, these status effects will affect the results of your Reckoning.

⋨⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋩​

The Western Gardens was located in an until now, forbidden section of Highover Institute of Magic. Located a little ways out from the main castle, the chosen students walked under an elegantly carved stone archway, on either side stood stoic Daols in hulking elaborate armor. Large Silverite halberds uncrossed as the students approached, allowing passage to a pathway lined by carefully cultivated low bushes. Smaller pathways branched off on either side, leading into a maze of trees and the occasional glimpse of statues and other various ornaments. Peeking in between the tall pines, was the looming snow-capped top of the greatest mountain in the Highover Isles; Skyreach Mount. Like the claws of some ancient godlike behemoth, a clutch of obsidian peaks curved into the cloudy sky grasping at the heavens like its namesake. From this angle, they appeared closer than ever.

The cobbled pathway extended for about half a mile, lazily weaving in between shrubs, blooming deep purple flowers and tall pines. At the final bend, the pathway widened gradually leading through yet another elaborate stone arch - this one covered in green moss. Stepping through the archway, the students now found themselves in a clearing, carpeted by a carefully manicured lawn and a large stone fountain at its center, carved out of a towering slab of smooth rock set in the middle of a small pond. Circular in make, further inspection revealed some sort of pentacle pattern upon its smooth surface. Several high stools were lined up in a neat double row on the grass. Seated by the water's edge on the fountain's parapet was a middle-aged woman dressed in elegant black and silver trimmed robes. She had a shock of silver hair fashioned into a layered bob. Beside her, was a woman nearly young enough to be mistaken for her daughter fiddling with an assortment of items on a wooden table. Dressed in a prim cornflower blue dress, her brown hair was tied into a high ponytail. A pair of goggles resting on her crown completed her immaculate ensemble. The older woman looked up with a broad smile as the first of you approached, greeting the group in with a rich alto timbre.

"Good morning! You're all finally here." Her silver eyes scanned the group of students, noting with mild surprise and satisfaction the timely attendance of a certain student lugging along a peacock. "Early for once, Rasputin! Well done." Looking away, she once again addressed the group.

"Please step closer, take a seat."

When everyone had finally settled down, the woman stood to her feet revealing herself to be easily the height of the tallest student. "To those here for the first time, allow me to once again extend a warm welcome to Highover Institute of Magic." Her eyes flickered over each foreign student, and despite her warm demeanor, one couldn't shake the feeling of being studied like how a hawk looks for its prey. "To the rest of you... welcome back!"

"I am Vixianne Delacour, Mistress Conjurer of Highover. This lovely woman by my side is Ms. Regalia Loftgarden, our very own Mistress Enchantra, no doubt some of you may already know of her esteemed accomplishments..."

"Compliments unnecessary Madame Delacour..." A small laugh escaped Regalia's lips at her former mentor's digression in her benefit. She stepped forward with a slight bow, "my warmest welcome, dearest students from far and near!" Her voice was bright and airy. The Mistress Enchantra had a very comely demeanor about her that would instantly put anyone at ease. Enn had always found herself drawn to the Mistress Enchantra. Whatever small conversations they'd had, always gave her the impression that the young instructor always sought out the best for her charges.

"So you're all here as the finest of your class, a position no doubt you've acquired through no small feat. And for that, well done on your part!" The Mistress Conjurer continued. "But don't let that get to your head... as the trials you'll face during your Reckoning, are not easy. In fact, a small slip would not only mean failure... it may even cost you your life." Delacour paused, turning to regard each student in turn to gauge their reactions.

"But worry not... the reason why the Mistress Enchantra, and my other colleagues whom you'll be meeting later and I are here, is to ensure that you'll be adequately prepared for your Reckoning and the dangers of what it means to be a Master Magician. Walk with me." Leading the students around the fountain, the Mistress Conjurer revealed a separate open section of the garden. One filled with shallow ponds, and carved stone pillars that did not appear to hold up anything. Some were cracked and some were toppled to the ground. All appeared to have some sort of unknown rune etched onto their rough surfaces. In the midst of everything, was a large metal cage nearly ten feet in height. Warding runes shimmered all around, ensuring that whatever was within was contained not just by mere physical means. Nonetheless, the shimmering magical prison also visually obscured whatever was contained within into nothing but a dark mass of smoke. As the students came into view, the prisoner rattled the cage, bumping the metal prison so furiously sparks of blue exploded as the wards were triggered. An animalist snarl drifted towards them on the wind.

"Within that cage, is your first trial. One which you'll face as a group. I am sure by now, you're all familiar with the notion of unbound demons. Violent spirits, sometimes with no specific class that have somehow breached the Precepts from the Other Side and come into our world. This afternoon, you'll use whatever means you have at your disposal to banish, trap, or defeat this demon. It's as straight forward as that... oh yes-" Delacour paused as she saw the Mistress Enchantra begin walking among the students. Regalia turned to smile at her colleague before turning back to the student before her, a stocky young man with iron-grey eyes. Holding up a hand, she indicated his revolvers with a nod of a head and a smile.

"May I?" Regalia inquired of Iron-eyes.

Seeing the Mistress Enchantra begin her work, Vixianne Delacour continued with her instructions. "Those of you who would like the Mistress Enchantra to appraise your equipment may approach her to do so. I suspect she'll be pleased to inspect them and provide the appropriate fine-tuning if necessary. Additionally, if you prefer to use the weapons of an accomplished Enchanter you may request it from her as well. Afterall a Magician is only as good as their tools!"

--Those who wish to interact with the Mistress Enchantra may speak to her with the assumption that her previous conversation is completed. i.e. you do not have to wait for others to complete their conversation, this is mainly to save time. The Mistress Enchantra also has an array of Imprifles on offer to those who require one.

"For the rest of you, you may ask me any relevant questions if you wish. Otherwise, you may proceed to stand by the pillars if you're ready... But don't get too close to the cage, not yet at least!"

Last edited:
Nathaniel walked into the garden slightly ahead of the rest, though he could tell he wasn't the first there. Another red-eyed noble from the deserts had gotten there well before he and, as far as he could tell, she had been the first to arrive. He stayed to himself as the rest of the class gathered in slowly. He merely sat against a tree, eyes closed, listening and remaining relaxed. As beautiful as the garden seemed to be, his thoughts were drawn much further towards other concepts.

As the class began and he saw the Mistresses for the first time, their appearances surprised him. A rather tad bit different from what he expected, but if this was Highover wear and fashion, he would not comment against them. He stood as they asked and sat as they asked. Vixianne Delcour, the Mistress Conjurer, and Regalia Loftgareden, the Mistress Enchantra. They're professors for this class it seemed. He heard of them both, of course, though Professor Loftgarden's achieved far outpaced that of the Mistress Conjurer, only due to the fact that the invents and magickworks that Professor Loftgarden had achieved were much, much more widespread.

What trials lie ahead, he thought to himself, I shall not falter. As they stood and began to follow the Mistresses of magic, they walked into a very open area of the garden, small pools of water scattered across the place as well as strange, cracked stone columns etched with strange symbols. Finally, the key point of this area was the large cage in the center, containing a rather strange mass of smoke, swirling around in a way not unlike reckless abandon. The warded cage shifted to and fro from the workings of the creature inside and as Professor Delcour began discussing the first trial they would all face, he sighed and finally drew his blade for the first time since he arrived in Highover. He held the blade across his hands, welcoming the familiar weight after all he's been through so far. Even as he traced his finger across the engraving on the blade, it was as though he could feel the hidden power sealed within the metal.

He walked up to the Mistress Enchantra, holding the blade open with both hands, the sword resting across his palms
, "Professor. I was curious as to whether or not I could get your opinion on this blade."

Lekiel Lekiel

Anne Basil

Before she even realized what was going on, a flash of colors was burned into her eyes. She tried to shield her vision but by then it was far too late, her eyesight was rendered useless and the dizziness caused by the flashes of colors made her fall onto her hind. It wasn't till several moments later did she recover, and by then, the principal had already entered the scene.

"Lok, what was that!?" Anne asked as she crawled back up to her feet.

"It was a spell, mistress," the Foliot answered, knowing full well that was not what his mistress was asking about.

"Clearly it was, but from who or what?" Anne asked again while rubbing her eyes, not even catching the Foliot's pretend ignorance, causing Lok's tail to droop in disappointment.

"It was the Sitri," Lok finally answered properly. "It intervened the moment violence had been committed."

"So from this, I suppose we can assume that we're being watched very closely. Makes sense, as we're supposed to be the best of what each region could offer, some of us being children no less."

"I don't think you're in a position to judge, mistress."

"I'm not judging, merely stating facts. But, at any rate, we should act with utmost discretion within these walls now that we know we're being watched."

"Perhaps that should have been your plan form the start."

"Well, I wanted to know how much I could get away with first and 'very little' appears to be the answer. Well, I suppose we'll have to work with what we got for now."

With the incident over with, Anne followed the rest of the students towards the gardens. One would suppose it could be described as 'beautiful', but Anne had no interest in such a thing. She remembered how much her mother was troubled by her own beauty, or rather, the beauty that was fading from her. It caused her no small amount of distress, for her mother, and she who had to watch her.

In the end, Anne thought to herself, all will fade to dust, as with all things shackled by the inescapable flow of time. What does it take to break free from that which stretches on for eternity? Anne has no idea, she couldn't even begin to fathom. However, that's fine, that's what she was here for after all. If she does not have the answer, then she merely has to learn it.

"So we'll be taking a lesson outdoors, will we?"

"So it seems."

"I wonder what it'll be mistress, they're not going to start asking you to sketch the scenery will they?"

"Well, being able to draw is the basic requirements of spell casting, but I doubt that would be the cast, every one of us here is beyond that already."

It did not take long, however, for the two to arrive at their answer. As the students were led before a cage, the Mistress Conjurer explained what lessons they'll be receiving for the day, a lesson of the most practical kind.

"Combat is it? That shouldn't be too hard," proclaimed Anne in spite of the fact that she had zero combat experience.

"So you say, but aren't you standing a little too far away?"

"What are you saying, striking from where the enemy cannot strike you is the most basic of tactics. Why should I present myself to the enemy when I can finish them off from far away?"

"Then perhaps you would like to get yourself an Imprifle?"

"Huh?" Anne scoffed, perhaps too loudly for her own good, "Why should I depend on such a thing?"

Anne already disliked how she was bound to this body, one all too reliant on material substances to survive. To be bound by material objects, to be bound to anything of any sort, that was something Anne wanted to avoid. To have to rely on a tool, that was something she hoped she will never have to see the day of.

QPnLe78.png

[div style="font-size: 4vh; margin-left: 3vh;"]saverio vaillancourt[/div]In truth, he had been never been more glad that the Reckoning was being held in Highover than he ever did before. If it had took place in an unfamiliar ground, he would definitely took much longer to reach his destination however since he was familiar with the place that he is able to use shortcuts and save time. He’d never admit it but he was far more intimidated by Madame Delacour, Mistress Conjurer than Deepwater. How could he describe it from his perspective? the Madame was far more stricter with him which usually end up with him having harsher punishment. Once he saw that Mistress Enchantra was around, it had helped dissuade whatever fears he had with Mistress Conjurer. He’ll probably just go beg to Mistress Enchantra to help lessen his punishment, if ever. Once he settled down he immediately pulled his mirror out, worried that when he hurried over here that his hair could have been ruined along the way.

There wasn’t much that he needed to listen to as he was already familiar with their teachers for the day. It probably has to do with the familiarity of their voices to him that Saverio was more incline not listen.

Adonis stares at him before letting out a sigh, raising his beak up high. “You won’t even feign behaving.”

“Master, do you even have a sense of shame? No? Probably not.” The peacock shook his head and turned away. It was a good thing that his feathers were originally white, otherwise they would have all turned from the stress of having him as a master.

Saverio followed from the group mindlessly, though he did lower the mirror once the details of their first trial were spoken. He furrowed his eyebrows and his lips turned downwards by the time they finished explaining. Saverio wasn’t really considered to be a pacifist but such activities-... Did he really have to do such activities? He usually avoids this as much as he can. There’s no end to the list of what kind of terrible thing could happen to him. There’s a reason why he’s proficient in paperwork, or more like proficient in getting help with his paperwork. It is far more important that his beauty should be preserved in its pristine state in order for many could admire it.

The moment they were allowed to ask questions, he had raised his hand and spoke. “Is it necessary to actively participate in the trial? Would not participating be sufficient enough?” He starts to bargain his way through. “I am most fairly sure that Faean and Starlight are more than capable to do more than my share of the work since they are very talented.” he gives his most charming smile that he usually uses when negotiating with them, as he glances at his schoolmates. As though his teachers needed reminding on the reasons why the following were chosen. “Oh, that’s right! Enn is here too!” He adds. In conclusion, it most probably ends up in failure together with a reprimand. Saverio had the most unwilling look on his face as he asks for an imprifle from Mistress Enchantra. He would participate enough so that they may consider not to disqualify him but he would be staying far from danger mainly. As he stood furthest away from the cage with his arms crossed, nonchalantly holding the imprifle in one hand, he could only pray that those who are here are capable enough to finish this quickly before any accidents occur.
tags: Lekiel Lekiel OSWonder OSWonder animegirl20 animegirl20

[/div]

Becoming more aware of the time left to get to their first lesson Nero stood and dropped her still struggling foliot, allowing him to land and climb back up to her shoulder with a hiss. Ignoring him she turned to the others in her company "We should really get going if we don't want to be late right from the start. I'm sure that it would be best for Starlight and Iron-eyes to be on their best behaviour following Principal Deepwater's warning" she said and made her way to the gardens along with whomever decided to follow.

As she approached she looked around with thinly veiled excitement and sighed appreciatively at the décor and planning around her. Upon approaching the Daols she felt herself drift towards them slightly before small claws dug into her shoulder to bring her back to the situation at hand. Kicking herself for almost giving in to her fascination with the particular type of spirit, aware that hse could have spent all her remaining time examining the creature, she fixed her eyes straight ahead and walked past not able to keep from glancing over at them once when she was close by, but only for a moment.

Once past she drank in the sights, sounds and smells of the moment as she tried to burn the whole experience into her memory. She knew that the trials and tasks ahead of her would be trying and she earnestly looked forward to the struggles she would have to overcome. Following the path with a slight spring in her step and almost completely concealed excitement on her face, she arrived at the clearing and joined the crowd with a tiny intake of breath as her body stiffened upon seeing Regalia Loftgarden, her idol. Becoming completely focused on what the teachers were saying instantly, she completely forgot about the other students in the crowd during the explanation of their task. A subjugation task right off the bat? Not bad, or indeed, unexpected. She thought as she looked over to the being they would be facing, at least until she heard that she could use an imprifle prepared by 'an experienced Enchanter', at which point her gaze flew back to the teachers while her eyes widened in shock.

Nero had created some imprifles in the past as projects for school or for self study but she was always disappointed with her works, though they were never inferior or of bad quality she was never satisfied with the design and felt that something was off or missing. At least some of her curiosity towards her fellow students work was born from her disappointment with those attempts but the chance to use a completed work and test the feel of its bite was something she couldn't pass up. With clenched fists she approached the Mistress Enchantra, very aware of the slight red burning on her cheeks even as her face set in determination again. "Um, Professor" She started, keeping her voice calm "could I use one of the imprifles prepared? I'm afraid that my own work is" she trailed off and bit her lip before continuing "Incomplete" she said in a low voice.

Completely unabashed, Lontano let out a small laugh "They're finished, you just keep complaining that they're no good!" he proclaimed loudly from Nero's shoulder, causing her face to bloom into a full rose red as she stiffened up and looked at the creature with a mixture of surprise and anger. He simply laughed from her shoulder and she looked back at the teacher, embarrassment flush on her face. "Well, no, they're not, exactly finished" she stuttered slightly and stopped before she got any worse, waiting for the weapon to be passed over.

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest OSWonder OSWonder animegirl20 animegirl20 Lekiel Lekiel

Iron-eyes had kept up with the two ladies he had been chatting with as they entered the area of the first test. To say he was impressed would be the understatement of the year. This of course was trumped when he saw the Mistress Enchantra. He had read many of her papers and studied some of the works she had created. his musings were short lived when the first Professor continued on with her introduction.

As they were led over to the cage containing the unbound daemon, Renoux was approached by Lady Regalia. Holding up a hand, she indicated his revolvers with a nod of a head and a smile.

"May I?" Regalia inquired of Iron-eyes.

Iron-eyes drew Vindication and unloaded it before handing it over, repeating the same thing with Vengeance. After that he removed his family heirloom and handed over the fine blade. "Vindication while the twin of Vengeance is modeled after the imprifle, capable of a higher rate of fire and much easier to carry. Vengeance on the other hand is a simple black powder cartridge 45-70 round, solid carbide. Cheaper than the rounds used in an imprifle, but very effective on humans." He explained as the professor checked his work over. He knew it would be up to snuff. "The Estoc is made of folded high carbon steel core to give the weapon both flex and durability. While not enchanted, the blade has been well cared for. Been in my family for generations."

After a brief explanation for each weapon he overheard Nero's question. With a smile he handed over vindication along with two clips of silverite imp cartridges and a couple extra rounds. "Try this. Less bulky than an imprifle. No offence Mistress Enchantra. It is also far more maneuverable. Give it a couple of test shots and get a feel for it."

Lekiel Lekiel Kabochamp Kabochamp

Last edited:
The approach of her new friend made her jump noticably and she looked at the weapon he was holding out to her blankly for a moment before taking it. "Oh, thank you" she said as she continued to stare at it blankly "this is the one you allowed me to examine earlier, correct?" She asked, briefly considering putting the firearm to use for it's namesake: in this case vengeance for her lost golden opportunity.

She decided not to, out of respect for the gesture he was making and because she was highly curious to see how it handled. "Then I'll take the chance to test the feel of it. I'm sure it will serve wonderfully to help my inspiration. Thank you very much" she said, a little more formal than before as her feelings of gratitude and curiosity were tinged with disappointment and annoyance that she wouldn't have the chance to use a weapon prepared by the person she respected so highly.

Lontano almost fell from her shoulder as he held in his laughter, correctly guessing his mistresses feelings and getting no end of joy from it. "Well what a lovely thing to offer, Lord Renoux" he chuckled with a grin plastered over his face.

Feyrie Feyrie
“Is it necessary to actively participate in the trial? Would not participating be sufficient enough?” Saverio starts to bargain his way through. “I am most fairly sure that Faean and Starlight are more than capable to do more than my share of the work since they are very talented.” Saverio smiled before adding. “Oh, that’s right! Enn is here too!”

On hearing her name mentioned, Enn glanced in the direction of Saverio, a puzzled frown on her face as if she hadn't heard anything up till her name.

"Severus! My dear dear Severus." The Mistress Conjurer cocks her head in the direction of her student, clapping her hands lightly together. Her silver hawk-like gaze trains on the insouciant student like the tip of a steel rapier. Delacour held her smile silently for just over a few seconds, her gaze discerning, long enough to make one squirm with the uncomfortable silence before all semblance of amusement faded.

"Here I was thinking that you'd finally decided to take yourself seriously when you showed up punctually..." Delacour paused for another uncomfortable length of time, before she turned away to smile at Enn whose eyes were fleeting back and forth between her classmate and her professor. Delacour's next words were still meant for the young Raestraguc. "Do not mistake your position here as some sort of free ticket, as no doubt you seem rather used to getting... Someone had to stick their necks out to vouch for you. If you're going to squander such a coveted opportunity so callously, you might as well save my repute and head back to your room like the rest of your classmates." A pin-drop silence followed, so much so that even the younger Mistress Enchantra paused in her task to glance between the two of them.

"I will pretend you did not ask that question Saverio." Delacour finished, letting her words sink in a while before she turned to address another student's inquiry.

Enn's mouth dropped agape in wonder the instant she heard the Mistress Conjurer finally get her classmate's name right. She'd never done so before.

--Saverio earns 'Delacour's Consternation' for acting like Saverio. Add this to your Status Effects.

Matt l ttaM Matt l ttaM
"Professor. I was curious as to whether or not I could get your opinion on this blade."

"Ah... and good morning to you, Nathaniel Cryvere I believe?" Regalia Loftgarden smiled as the blade was presented to her. A gloved hand reached out to accept the blade, grasping the hilt in one hand and the blade in the other, her eyes suddenly flashed a turquoise glow at the same time line tracings of a similar hue etched their way all across the weapon. As the blue tracings ran along the blade, they flared brighter as they touched the etched runes. The glow faded scant seconds later and Regalia could be seen nodding in approval.

"Old... very old..." Smiling, the Mistress Enchantra handed the blade back to Nathaniel. "Nothing exceptional about the craftsmanship, the metals were refined pretty well for a bladed weapon of its time though... I would say it is insufficient for a magical weapon in today's standards." The Enchantra's voice trailed off for but a moment before she continued. "But I must say, the Enhancements are surprisingly well done. I daresay it might've been the work of a Master Enchanter. A good Master Enchanter. It isn't particularly powerful, but I can see where they etched the rune bindings and the style used is very efficient art! What this means, is that it does leave room for the weapon to grow in strength. One of the marks of an exceptional Enchanter is how much their crafts can grow and keep up with them. A decent weapon you've got here Nathaniel." Regalia finished before added almost as an afterthought.

"Oh and... The Hisa-me's name isn't Astrape. She refused to fidget when I used three euphonious and two cacophonious variations on her. I suspect that that is the signature of the Enchanter or smith who worked on the blade. She didn't like that person very much."

Feyrie Feyrie
Regalia quirked an eyebrow as Saverio approached her for a rifle. As he didn't much appear to be in the mood, she hands him one of the rifles without bothering to check if he had any preferences. Just before he turns away, she mouths a word of encouragement and gave him a little fist pump.

"Come on buddy!"

Regalia listened intently as Iron-eyes explains his choice of equipment, the look on her face was inscrutable as she appraises each weapon in turn. A turquoise flash, similar to that during her examination of Nathaniel's sword traces their way across firearm and blade as she holds them.

"Oh my... dear me..." The Mistress Enchantra remarked, seemingly to herself as she looks the weapons over.

"Very... elegant weapons you've got here, I presume you made them yourself Iron-eyes?" It was a statement rather than a question, handing back the other weapons, she kept Vindication to herself. Hefting it in her grip and nonchalantly twirling the firearm on her finger, a peculiar sight given the professor's rather delicate-looking outlook. Beneath her gloves however, were hands that hand seen plenty of work. Both crude and delicate. She cocked a quizzical eyebrow at Renoux.

"I didn't realize Ivory Tower syllabus focused more on... how shall I put it? People management... rather than Spirits." An amused smile toyed on her lips, as she looked over Iron-eyes' weapons, which clearly seemed geared towards one section of society. The Mistress Enchantra looked thoughtful, offering no other comment for the moment as she handed Vindication back to Iron-Eyes. "

Kabochamp Kabochamp
"Um, Professor"

"Hmm?" Regalia turned at as another student approached her. The Enchantra still appeared somewhat distracted, though she quickly refocused her attention at a rather short, fair-skinned girl with very very pink cheeks.

"Excuse me Iron-eyes, one moment... How may I help you... Nero Meliore?" Regalia inquired, once again displayed her exceptional memory of putting names to a face after merely hearing them once. The girl appeared to be in a rather excitable mood, stumbling over her words as she laid out her request. Regalia smiled at the little snippy exchange between Nero and her foliot.

"Well, no, they're not, exactly finished" The girl ended the squabble rather matter-of-factly, which elicited a silvery peal of amusement from Regalia.

"She's right you know..." The Mistress Enchantra remarked to the girl's Foliot with a grin, before turning to wink at Nero. "Until the day we Enchanters finally meet our Magnum Opus... until that day... all our works will, unfortunately, be incomplete!" Regalia trained her brown gaze on Nero, as if she saw something familiar in the girl and approved. The moment was fleeting but poignant. Then a smile broke on Regalia's lips, as she gestured to the table on which an array of imprifles lay. Her eyes studied Nero, as if watching which weapon she would pick.

--Nero has earned 'Loftgarden's Favour'. Add it to your Status Effects.
Three rifles stand out to Nero. All are similar in power, though their designs and make are clearly different. The first was Squall. An elegant rifle model, with a single ivory barrel and bronze embellishments it was clearly the work of a master craftsman. The second was Demonsbane. A solid powerful make, it had a cornflower blue body similar in colour to the Enchantra's dress and was trimmed in gold. Professor Loftgarden drummed her fingers lightly over the weapon before she moved to the final one. Silversling. Comparatively, the third Imprifle appeared much more ordinary. Spartan in design even. Made completely out of polished but unpainted metal, except for a tarnished gold chain that joined the barrel to the trigger.

"Try this. Less bulky than an imprifle. No offence Mistress Enchantra. It is also far more maneuverable. Give it a couple of test shots and get a feel for it." Iron-eyes offered helpfully.

"And none taken Mr. Iron-eyes..." Regalia smiled happily as she watched the two students interact. Allowing them a little moment, she interjected with a polite clearing of her throat as she watched Nero fiddle with the weapon. Gesturing for Vindication once again, she turned her attention back to Iron-eyes.

"Before we get ahead of ourselves though... as I've been put in charge of seeing that you're all adequately prepared for the challenges to come, I must say that you're rather ill-equipped Mr. Renoux." The Enchantra tapped her chin with a gloved finger thoughtfully. "What you have... no doubt would harm humans, very well in fact..." She glanced at Vengeance and the estoc by the student's side. Turning back to look at Vindication as it was handed back to her, she gave it a couple of spins, catching it on the trigger and feigned pointing it off towards the trees.

"This... yes, it's comparatively much lighter and perhaps by extension, more maneuverable however... Imprifles are called rifles for a reason." Pulling out the small impcanister attached, Regalia inspected it. Mumbling to herself, the students closest to her might overhear figments of 'Interesting', 'ah' and 'pity'.

"Allow me to demonstrate something!' Professor Loftgarden abruptly declared, a glint of youthful passion showing through in her otherwise prim demeanor. Reaching towards her hair, she touched one her hairpins.

"Shubit." Loftgarden called somewhat excitedly. Almost at once, there was a flash and a soft pop. Standing off to the side and offering an immediate bow, was a strawberry-haired little girl barely four feet tall.

"You called, most glorious Mistress?" Recovering from her deep bow, the child revealed heavily freckled cheeks and large electric blue eyes. Her eyes immediately caught sight of the curious looking weapon in Regalia's grip.

"A minor Windwall Mistress?" Shubit requested politely, though she could barely contain the eager look on her face as if she'd seen this exact scene many times before.

"Yes please, Shubit. But off to the side... I still remember that time you tried to trick me into firing at Deepwater's behind!"

"My deepest condolences, I swear the sun was in my eye that time!" Shubit answered cheekily, though the Djinn did summon a billowing gust of wind towards the open space.

Loftgarden gave Vindication another once over, before she pointed it at the Windwall though she did not immediately fire. "The whole clip Shubit?"

The Djinn cocked her head to the side, "I say... 80 percent, you always underestimate how much extra punch you add to your shots O' great Mistress."

"Flattery won't earn you more strawberry pies Shubit." Regalia chuckled.

"Oh... but my prediction will!"

"We'll see..." With that, the Mistress Enchantra's eyes flared blue as tracings of similar cerulean hues streaked their way across her arm, seen where her flesh was not covered by her dress sleeve or glove. Rapid bolts of silver fired towards the Windwall, and with each one, the rushing sound of wind grew louder until finally, the wall fizzled out as its rune bindings were broken. An extra silver bolt sped off into the distance, no longer hindered by the magical barrier. Retracting her arm as the light faded from her eyes, she detached the impcanister and held it in her palm for appraisal. A flash of blue later, and the Mistress Enchantra declared.

"Empyrea! 85 percent! Fine... you win this round." Loftgarden announced, to the delighted squeal of Shubit.

"Anyway..." Loftgarden turned back to her students. "It is as I expected... the Impcanister's structure is too small for adequate essence condensation to occur, coupled with the diminished barrel length and size, the enhancements are unable to draw enough magical power from the caster to adequately charge up the silverite shots. You could hurt Indignors with this-- no offense to yourselves of course..." Regalia offered to the watching familiars out of habit, "but Insurgos... unfortunately not." The Mistress Enchantra finished her assessment of the weapon an encouraging smile on her lips.

"I have several suggestions of course, for you to consider. I can work on it for you right now, you can borrow one of the standard-issue rifles for your first test while I do so. I should be able to keep your general design intact, so the modifications to its size wouldn't make it too unfamiliar. Unfortunately, this means you won't be able to swing it around like a revolver. The other option, you may work on it yourself once you are done with the subjugation test; it must still be sent to me for appraisal and if I deem it inadequate, I will make changes where necessary. You may still borrow one of our rifles of course, in the meantime." The Mistress Enchantra took an audible breath before she added.

"However, at the end of the day, it is your choice whether you would like to modify your weapon. I have the two recommendations, but it is not compulsory for you to adhere to them. You are a Chosen, so the choice is yours."

Last edited:
"Ah... and good morning to you, Nathaniel Cryvere I believe?" Regalia Loftgarden smiled as the blade was presented to her. A gloved hand reached out to accept the blade, grasping the hilt in one hand and the blade in the other, her eyes suddenly flashed a turquoise glow in the same moment line tracings of a similar hue etched their way all across the weapon. As the blue tracings ran along the blade, they flared brighter as they touched the etched runes. The glow faded scant seconds later and Regalia could be seen nodding in approval.

"Old... very old..." Smiling, the Mistress Enchantra handed the blade back to Nathaniel. "Nothing exceptional about the craftsmanship, the metals were refined pretty well for a bladed weapon of its time, though... I would say it is insufficient for a magical weapon in today's standards." The Enchantra's voice trailed off for but a moment before she continued. "But I must say, the Enhancements are surprisingly well done. I daresay it might've been the work of a Master Enchanter. A good Master Enchanter. It isn't particularly powerful, but I can see where they etched the rune bindings and the style used is very efficient art! What this means, is that it does leave room for the weapon to grow in strength. One of the marks of an exceptional Enchanter is how much their crafts can grow and keep up with them. A decent weapon you've got here, Nathaniel." Regalia finished before added almost as an afterthought.

"Oh and... The Hisa-me's name isn't Astrape. She refused to fidget when I used three euphonious and two cacophonious variations on her. I suspect that that is the signature of the Enchanter or smith who worked on the blade. She didn't like that person very much."

Nathaniel was in awe of the information overload. He had merely wanted the opinion of the teacher and enchanter, though instead, he learned much more. He held the blade in his hands as it was passed back to him, letting his fingers glide across the flat of the weapon as he looked back up to Loftgarden, "Professor. You said Astrape wasn't the demon's name, yes? Is there I a way I can learn it? It would not sit well with me to grow alongside this blade and not know who my partner is. Does that make sense?" He questioned himself slightly for a moment. To most, this would probably be nothing but a tool or a relic to set aside, yet after hearing all of this, he felt unsure. If the blade could grow in power as he could, would befriending the demon within be worth the effort? He figured so. At least this way, the two who must fight as one would be able to work together...in a spiritual sense...or perhaps he was thinking too far into this. He didn't know.

Lekiel Lekiel

Last edited:
053.jpgAfter greeting Faean Starlight started making her way to class along with the others with Luna still in her arms. When they arrived they arrived Vixianne greeted them along with Regalia. Vixianne went on to explain how they were going to prepare for the reckoning and how dangerous it could be even to the point in costing a life. Starlight had known this already and was prepared for it. She then led them all to a magical prison that seemed to have a demon in it. Apparently, this was their first trial. They were to use whatever means they have at their disposal to banish, trap, or defeat this demon. "Ok doesn't sound too complicated." Starlight said as she put Luna down. Vixianne went on about using the equipment and getting them fine-tuned if needed. Starlight didn't use anything except for her flute sometimes. Other then that she didn't bother using weapons or anything. She never felt the need for them and she just personally wasn't into using any. Starlight turned to look at Saverio when she heard her name be called. Before she could respond Vixianne beat her to it and she was not happy in the slightest by Saverio's question. Also, did Vixianne call him Severus or was she hearing things? Well anyway, Starlight walked over to Saverio. "Haha, Seriously you should have known better than to ask that. Besides we are all doing this together as a group so you'll be fine."
Feyrie Feyrie

Last edited:
Enonymous #1
Velvet continued to walk along the path, tossing the cupcake in a nearby trash can after eating all of the icing. It was then when she suddenly heard an inscrutable whispering in her left ear. Turning her head to see who'd dare enter her personal space, there was nothing there besides a small pathway which lead off into a copse of tall pine trees. As she decided to take the side trail, another voice in her right ear interrupted her.

"Lady Velvet, I don't know if this is the way to the Western Gardens."
"It's a simple detour, Montague. We're early enough as it is anyway."
"As you wish."

Continuing along the alternate path, Velvet found herself within a topiary garden with six shrubs which sat in individual stone vases, cultivated into the shape of various animals. Velvet stepped closer to examine the shrubbery before another thing caught her eye. Turning, she looked to see a large apple tree with several of the fruits spread about the ground around it. Reaching down and grabbing one, she passed it to the rabbit, who was still happily chewing on the amulet, that sat on her shoulder. Montague dropped the saliva covered amulet into velvet's hand and began happily munching on the apple. Returning to what caught her glance in the first place, Velvet walked closer where she noticed an etched message on the bark of the tree.

"Memories weigh the same as blood."
~Enonymous

"Excuse me Miss, are you lost?" Before Velvet could even process the cryptic message, a polite voice interrupted her. She turned around to a hulking set of armor clutching a halberd, though it stood in a non-threatening position. A Daol spirit. Judging from the silverite blade, it seemed to be guarding this place from other spirits. Or maybe it was simply being tasked with escorting lost students. That being said, it probably wouldn't be for the best if she stuck around any longer. "The meeting place is this way."

"Yes, thank you." Velvet responded as she continued on her way.

---​
Being the first to arrive, Velvet greeted the two instructors with a curt wave and sat on the fountain as she waited for everyone else to come. As the rest of the Chosen walked into the garden, the group was escorted across the garden until they were met with a large cage, and an unknown spirit residing within it. It was then where she knew where this test was headed. A combat based test where they had to apprehend the beast that sat in front of them by any means available. While the group had the advantage in numbers, she knew that there would be people that would slow them down. One that stuck out to her was the well dressed gentleman from before that asked if actively participating in the trial was a requirement. Another one was the red eyed female that she met on the first day that actively proclaimed that she wouldn't need a weapon. Though standing that far away from the caged spirit, she seemed to be anxious about the combat oriented test. Velvet simply smirked to herself before walking to the Mistress Enchantra to receive an Imprifle. While having experience in combat, due to her family's line of work mostly, Velvet knew that every advantage in battle counted. Or maybe that knowledge was due to her battle experience. Not only that, her abilities were more geared towards apprehending human targets. After receiving her weapon, Velvet calmly took her position and mentally prepared herself for the battle ahead.

It was her previous comment about how he was more equip to harm his fellow man that lit a fire behind his dark eyes. He knew it was innocent statement, but the memories of that fateful night. Images of his parents and little sister flashed through his mind's eye. Mutilated and tortured and a ritualistic fashion. Quickly he shunted the images from his mind. "Yes... I am more equip to harm my fellow man... and I would appreciate that you never mention this again, as it is a house matter." His words clipped and icy.

It took everything for Iron-eyes to not grind his teeth and keep his face impassive. While this was a teacher offering to "Improve" The revolver, he had to remember that she was also one of the top enchanters. "I would be honored to have someone of your esteem to improve my gear. Under the condition that I observe so that I may also improve upon here i failed." He replied diplomatically, his face impassive as if carved from stone. "Frankly I am well aware of the lower output in magical condensation. Sacrifices had to be made in order to improve rate of fire and weight, along with being able to use a smaller cartridge size. Although i'm will to lower it's firing rates i will not sacrifice it's weight and ammo size." He said coolly

Nero had looked down to the ground when she heard Regalia’s comment confirming her feelings about her designs and she quickly looked up to meet the teachers eyes, the beginnings of a smile tugging at her cheeks. The feeling of being studied held her in place before an embarrassed smile lit up her eyes and she looked eagerly to the rifles on the table that was pointed out to her "Thank you, I'll be sure to learn as much as I can from the one I chose in the short time that we have!" she said as she began selecting her weapon for the fight ahead. She was, unfortunately, too distracted by these events to notice the poorly concealed smug smile on her foliot’s face as she received ratification from the woman she respected so highly.

She looked over the three that stood out to her carefully, noting the designs and details of the three weapons as she considered them before picking them up to test their weight and how they felt in her hands. She lingered slightly on Demonsbane, seeing the way that Regalia regarded it differently to the others, but ultimately decided to make her own choice and was just about to reach for it when she heard her new friend’s comments as he approached, causing her to jump.

---​

Regalia’s back and forth with Shubit and her conclusion on Iron-eyes’ works almost had Nero pulling out a notebook and writing down notes but she held herself in place and simply watched curiously. When the exchanges had finished, she smiled and turned back to her fellow student “I’m sure that Vengeance would be a great weapon to use in the upcoming test” she said, holding out the weapon as she spoke “But I may not get the chance to try one of these rifles out again once the Reckoning is done. However, should you make it to the end, I would like to believe that we would be close enough that I could try your creation some other time” she continued with a small wink “if that would be okay with you?” she asked, tilting her head to the side a little with a smile and passing Vengeance back.

Turning back to the table she gently picked up Silversling, giving it yet another once over and then nodding and looked back to her teacher with confidence “I’d like to use this one during the trial today” she said, looking and feeling much more comfortable.

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Lekiel Lekiel

Faean walked silently with the group, taking in their conversation with some interest. The topics of nobility and honor were not things he particularly related to. Great ambition more often brought with it selfishness than its considerably more admirable antonym, after all. Even so, he found their views fairly agreeable; he felt that power and intelligence were indicators of how highly a person should be regarded, not a grand-sounding surname.

As they neared their destination, it became clear to Faean just what lesson they were going to be having. He cursed in his mind as the Mistress Enchantra and Ms. Loftgarden appeared in their sights. Conjuration. The one school of magic that he didn’t… exactly adore. He could pull it off, sure, about as well as any other training magician could. But he didn’t excel at it. Or, rather, he couldn’t. While he had managed to catch up to and, with some effort, surpass other students with more experience and learning in Evocation or Abjuration, he never could quite go pass “pretty good” in Conjuration. It irked him. If people heard these inner thoughts, they might call him pretentious, arrogant, prissy — they might be right, too, but, well.

His thoughts were disrupted by the interaction between Saverio and their professor. He almost felt bad for their teachers who had to handle the other boy, sometimes. He watched the others express their thoughts and speak to the Mistress Enchantra, taking particular notice of the one other member of the class who, too, said nothing as she observed. Red eyes, he mused with some mirth, the third pair I’ve seen today. Before that, the only equally conspicuous eyes he’d seen were in the mirror. If she hadn’t been a lady, Faean would almost have been tempted to describe her as tall, dark and handsome. He was sure she hadn’t been with the rest in the dining hall. He made a mental note to approach her after their lesson.

“I’d like an Imprifle as well, please,” he said, finally after everyone else’s concerns had been settled, walking toward Mistress Enchantra. He usually wouldn’t use one in normal lessons, but he didn’t want to risk anything going wrong just before the Reckoning. He hoped his teachers wouldn’t notice or, at least, refrain from commenting. The one thing he most disliked about school lessons was occasionally having to explain himself, something he was neither keen on or adept at.

QPnLe78.png

[div style="font-size: 4vh; margin-left: 3vh;"]saverio vaillancourt[/div]He couldn’t help but grimace as the familiar dark feeling is sweeping over him. Saverio was familiar enough to know when he’s in trouble now. He pursed his lips, his eyes settled on the ground looking on his perfectly polished shoes like it was the most interesting there is. It actually was, it had certain intricate designs that were subtle but added allure to its overall appearance but right now he was doing it for different reasons. His head was bowed down, putting on the appearance of a guilty student or one that was afraid, it was a bit of both in his case.

When she finally turned away, he lets out a huff crossing his arms together. At least he tried. He would probably have succeeded if it wasn't Madame Delacour in charge, or it wasn’t such an important and prestigious event called the Reckoning. He let out ‘tsk’. Saverio’s mood soured. The foliot moved beside him, who knew when he had gone away- probably the moment Saverio decided to ask his incredulous question. “You deserve it.” He laughed at his owner. “Who asked you to be so dumb and ask the Mistress Conjurer that kind of question to her?” He shook his head, not believing his master’s stupidity after he had interacted with the Mistress Conjurer for so long.

Saverio couldn’t stop pouting even when he went to Mistress Enchantra. He gave a small nod at her encouragement. He decided he’ll behave for now. No matter how thick skinned he was, he would be able to be reprimanded by Madame Delacour twice in a day. Perhaps if Deepwater was around, he could. Saverio started thinking of countermeasures in case this would happen again. Anyway, the first trial couldn’t be that bad. He decided to be optimistic. His mood fell down the moment Starlight approached him. He couldn’t help but think of the breakfast incident. This fool had to step in. He could feel all the stress from that time coming back. “Noted.” He spoke crisply before turning his head away like a sulking child. “That’s why you need to work well enough so it’s not necessary for me to step in.” He adds, ending it as soon as it started would be the most ideal.

His gaze was eventually drawn back to magical cage. He squinted his eyes, trying to figure out what class of demon could be lurking there. “It would be best if it’s from an Indignor Class, for yourself and I.” He murmured, though if he was referring to Starlight or his foliot couldn’t be said. “Why would it even matter for me?” Adonis asked, fluttering his peacock feathers. “Obviously since I’m forced into this, there’s no way that you won’t be participating as well.” He huffs at his foliot. He couldn’t believe the foliot. There was no sense of loyalty.

“Anyway Insurgo couldn’t be ruled out. The worst would be an Ifriti but since we’re students and it’s only the first trial then they wouldn’t give anything too demanding.” He shook his head. However with the presence of their teachers who are more than capable, they'd be able to deal with most of the unlikely events that it couldn’t be completely ruled out. “If we’re ever to fight with one of Insurgo Class then I’d prefer a Sitri but their entire class is still troublesome to deal with.” The cogs in Saverio’s brain were turning, now that he was forced to participate then he needed to form proper plans to shield himself from harm.

Saverio is quite aware of the capabilities of his fellow schoolmates but- he gave glances at all the foreign faces. His first proper look of them as he appraised them. His eyes narrowed when he caught sight of Faean uncharacteristically ask for an Imprifle but he could understand as he had asked for one as well. Anyway, he wasn’t sure if those belonging to the other schools had discussed about cooperation. He shrugged. There was no use of worrying too much anyway. If it all comes down to it, he’d just do his best to avoid the attacks.
tags: Lekiel Lekiel animegirl20 animegirl20 OSWonder OSWonder

[/div]

Matt l ttaM Matt l ttaM

"Professor. You said Astrape wasn't the demon's name, yes? Is there I a way I can learn it? It would not sit well with me to grow alongside this blade and not know who my partner is. Does that make sense?"

The Enchantra looked at the red-eyed student thoughtfully for a moment before speaking, "There... is. But it is a long arduous process and requires many resources. Such methods are better saved for more powerful items which you perhaps might encounter in the future. The easiest way would be to fragment your sword, you may speak to me later or ask your fellow chosen to help you with that; Miss Nero and Mister Iron-eyes should be quite capable. Fragmenting it would, of course, destroy the weapon setting the spirit within free..." The matter appeared close as Regalia was about to look away, but she paused turning back to Nathaniel.

"But if I may give you a word of advice, see it is no more than a tool if you do not wish to free it... Your partner is the one beside you." She glanced at the closed-eyed cat sidelong, an amused smile on her lips before turning to attend to another student.

NewAgeBlack NewAgeBlack

"Red eyes too?" Loftgarden remarked good-naturedly as Velvet approached her for an imprifle. "You lot are an interesting batch..." She added thoughtfully as she handed over a rifle, though she hesitated a scant moment before the weapon was swapped hands.

"Have more faith in your own abilities Miss Valentia." The Professor added with a nod of encouragement.

As Iron-eyes ended his loaded statements in even tones, a child's voice suddenly protested.

"I do not much like your words good sir-" It was Shubit, but though she was quickly hushed by the Mistress Enchantra, Madame Delacour's sterner voice had cut in.

"Watch your tone Master Renoux. I don't remember ivory tower students being this arrogant, especially while I was there. If you have a sore wound, keep it out of sight. We have nothing to do with it and it'll only serve to become a distraction to you if you're unable to control your emotions from a simple remark!"

--Iron-eyes has earned Delacour's Consternation. Add it to your status effects.

"That's quite alright Vixianne..." Regalia's usually soft-spoken had taken on a tense edge, concern worrying her brow.

"You're too soft Regalia, he should be sent back to the dorms to ponder on the insolence of his choice of words."

Loftgarden merely shook her had with a sigh. Her eyes held the young Lord's steadily as she began to speak "The Mistress Conjurer is right, I suggest you keep yourself focused on your task at hand. I do not know what you've been through but do bear in mind everything we say and do, is for your benefit. You're not our only student, not the last, far from the first. Each with their own personal baggage, which in their best interest is kept locked away when they step into the classroom. My comments were a reminder to you that you are not adequately equipped for the challenges to come. I would be a terrible educator if I were to avoid stating such warnings for fear of stepping onto the wrong foot. Nevertheless... I will perhaps use a different choice of words for your benefit, though I cannot guarantee not hurting your feelings again. You would do well to know that The Reckoning demands from us more than our skill and knowledge..." Loftgarden paused for a moment as if pondering something. "Being in control of our emotions is half the battle won..." Her eyes grew distant as if they saw into another time and place, but the hesitation was fleeting. "It is my imperative as your watcher to make sure you are not dooming yourself with a poor choice." She added meaningfully. She let her words sink in for a moment before addressing the other topic.

"I've never had a student give me 'conditional terms' when I have offered my help. Unfortunately, I only have time to make the changes when you head in for your trial. If you'd like me to work on it, you won't be able to watch. That said, it'll be mostly standard improvements which I am sure a student of your capabilities will be able to reverse engineer. That said, it'll be pointless for me to work on your weapon if you want to insist upon maintaining its weight and sizing. I have made my appraisal and offer clear, and they are in contemplation on what you will come into contact with not merely a baseless opinion. Some might even find it insulting you're negotiating the details of my suggested improvements like some business offer..." Despite her words, there was no sting to the Enchantra's tone as she merely shrugged. "Nevertheless, I cannot do as per your request. If you'd like me to work on it, I shall do as I deem necessary."

--Iron-eyes is faced with a limited set of choices. To let the Mistress Enchantra work on his weapon as she wills while he uses a borrowed rifle, or to decline the offer. If he accepts the help, he may leave the weapon with Loftgarden, and proceed to the training ground with a borrowed imprifle.

Kabochamp Kabochamp

Turning back to the table Nero gently picked up Silversling, giving it yet another once over and then nodding and looked back to her teacher with confidence “I’d like to use this one during the trial today” she said, looking and feeling much more comfortable.

The Enchantra's eyes noticeably widened and she seemed to stiffen visibly as if not quite expecting the Northlander's choice. She had described Silversling rather insouciantly as if she wanted to disregard the weapon entirely.

"I... Yes, of course, you may have this one for the trial." Regalia quickly regained her composure, handing over the imprifle to Nero. "May it serve you better than it did me, 8 years ago." Something seemed to gloss over her usually bright brown eyes, a flicker of darkness, as one would remember pain. Her gaze was affixed not so much on the rifle, as it was drawn to the tarnished gold coin that hung on the chain. Embossed in its center was an elaborate chalice. But her despondence was quickly hidden, fading back into the recesses of the reticent Professor's visage as her demeanor once again reverted to her usual lighthearted self. "Go on then." She gestured to the training grounds with a smile.

"May the Seven be with you."

⋨⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋩​

The chosen were then led towards the center of the ruined garden. The carved columns and slabs of broken rubble littered the arena, moss obscured runes etched into their surfaces. They seemed to be all part of some ancient building. Small bodies of water appeared at random, some shallow while the depth of others could not be ascertained due to a cloud of silt lazily swirling just below the surface. The largest of the ponds was just beside the cage at the center of the arena. The trapped demon within howled an unearthly wail as the students drew nearer. It reminded Enn of the time when her father played a discordant note when one of his violin strings snapped.

"Remember, unbound demons are often very different to what you are used to, or even have been taught about." Madame Delacour was speaking, offering some last-minute advice. "Be prepared for everything and do not let your focus waver. Work together, make use of your strengths and you will do fine." The Mistress Conjurer gazed over each student in turn.

"May the Seven be with you." Delacour bade the Chosen good luck, before she and Lofgarden made their way to the edge of the arena. Enn's eyes followed her Professors' departing backs, watching as Delacour summoned Merengue, Ithotep and the armored Amon. Together with Shubit, the demons stationed themselves at the four corners of the ruined garden.

"Ready!" Delacour's sonorous voice called.

Enn glanced back nervously to Nathaniel and Faen, who was on either side of her. She swallowed down her fear and let out a steadying breath. Around her shoulders, even the usually somnolent Kala appeared wide awake, making tiny screeching noises at the rocking magical cage.

"BEGIN!" At the final shout, the blue magical flickering around the cage flickered for a moment and then winked out. The growling and thrashing stopped as if the creature within could immediately sense its freedom, and protested no longer. The billowing dark smoke seemed to slow as if it too were alive. Then the cage fell apart and they could finally see their foe in all its terrible glory. Nearly fifteen feet at the shoulders, and that was not including the tips of its antlered head. It was a hulking mass of dead leaves, dark bristling fur and rotten peeling flesh. Hunching over on its hand legs and with large sinewy claws, it let out another howl. This time, defeaning as if the prison had somehow muffled its earlier rage. The demon's maw gaped open, a maw that belonged to a very 'dead' looking head, yet was somehow sniffing and gnawing at the air and was very much alive. It appeared to have what could only be described as the top parts of large crow skulls, matched with a skeletal bottom jaw. On its head and back, initially mistaken for antlers were actually ashen branches. Dark black smoke continued to billow out from where its hide appeared to be peeling, spreading out over the ground like a corruption.

Enn's voice seemed to choke as her nostrils were suddenly filled with an overwhelming stench of carrion. She took an involuntary step back, a minute movement, but it caused the demon to suddenly snap its gaze towards the line of students. Enn's mind blanked and all she could hear was the pounding of her heart in her ears. Then with another roar, the beast charged towards a person. --The first one who replies

--Those with Perception Level 3 will vaguely recognize the demon from a long-forgotten memory of reading or being told somewhere. A name would come to them. Worduken. But try as they might, their memory currently eludes them.

QPnLe78.png

[div style="font-size: 4vh; margin-left: 3vh;"]saverio vaillancourt[/div]
"May the Seven be with you."

Saverio wasn’t sure how dead people can help but people were fond of sayings. As the familiars of their teachers were summoned and took their respective places, he could feel the shift in the mood. He took a defensive stance. Saverio’s hands were clammy as he tightened his grip on the imprifle. His shoulders were tense and everything just seemed to go in slow motion. He could feel his heart thumping. Was he shaking? Saverio thinks he’s shaking. For all his bravado, he was still terrified.

"BEGIN!" At the final shout, it seemed everything went back to normal. No- it all happened so quickly that it seemed like blur even to him. He could feel his knees tremble as he took sight of the hulking monster. They were gonna fight that? The sound of its roar only served to heighten his fear. He didn’t know if the monster had good taste as he caught sight of him. He was probably attracted to his beauty. For a second, he couldn’t help but curse his sin of being too beautiful that he had attracted the monster to him. As soon as the monster charged, he rolled over trying to escape the attack. All this is done while trying to protect his most prized asset: his face. “Adonis! A little help here!” He yelled at his foliot to at least diverge the attention away from him.
tags: Lekiel Lekiel

[/div]

BEGIN

With that single word, the battle commenced. When the demon revealed itself, snarling and panting, Faean’s gaze zeroed in on its every movement. The heavy breaths, the emptiness that seemed to glint at them through the holes in its skeletal head, the heaving motions with which it stood observing the room. The hideous creature seemed to move in slow motion through his eyes, as though even the world around them was holding its breath.

Worduken.
The name pushed itself into the forefront of his mind as he studied the beast. He knew of it. Somewhere within the pages of the old books he used to adore in the dea’Aria library, a frightening demon with skulls for a head, that wore the stench of rotten flesh like a morbid armour. He could figure it out, for sure, if he could just drag his memories of it out from-

Just then, the demon let out a bone-chilling, guttural roar that blew away all his thoughts. For a fleeting moment, his amber eyes met the cold glowing gaze of the demon and he tensed up, ready to fight. But it wasn’t him the creature charged at. Instead, it swiveled its head and ran straight at the single most noticeable target among the Chosen: Saverio. For once, Faean was almost thankful for his friend’s choices in fashion.

Shoot,
he encouraged silently, though he had the feeling Saverio would be slightly too… worried to do it. Still, he pinched his lips when the boy, true to expectations, stood still with wide eyes.

Empyrea, man, shoot,
he willed, now genuinely worried there would be an injury.

Why don’t you shoot?
Jinx’s voice cut into his mind. In truth, it was because he didn’t want to turn the beast’s attention toward himself. He was sure this demon was in a higher class than they were used to in lessons and almost wished for someone else to make the first move so he could learn and improve on what they did in his own attempt. But, well, it didn’t look like he had much time to be thinking at this rate.

Safety? Saverio? Safety? Saverio?

Ah,
damn it.

His thought process, though seemingly long, was over in the blink of an eye. Faean clicked his tongue as he raised his imprifle and aimed, targeting the space about two inches in front of where the beast currently was before resolutely firing. Guessing that his shot wouldn’t do much damage, he began to draw a pentagram in the air as fast as he could, casting one of the few offensive Conjuration spells he knew toward the beast as a follow-up.

Feyrie Feyrie Lekiel Lekiel

Anne Basil

As the test was about to begin, Anne began tracing runes with her finger. It was the Abjuration spell: 'Hardened Armor'. Most likely, the shell of earth would compromise her movements, not that it mattered, she herself knew that she wasn't exactly the most dexterous of the bunch. If a Demon came after her in all seriousness she was done for, whether she ran or not. In that case, it was better to have armor, that much was obvious. However, the Demon wasn't the only thing she was worried about. Here, within her ranks are students, likely still high off being chosen and eager to show off their skills. It was natural, even Anne herself felt the same. If one does not prove themselves at this moment, during the Reckoning, when else would they do it? That being said, eager as they were, it was also natural, at least for Anne, to worry about them, or rather, what they would do to her.

Anne never liked crowded places, more than the average folks. After all, having people around restricted her movements, it made her feel claustrophobic, and she didn't like that, no one bit. And so, when gathered within the gardens with all the chosen, she couldn't help but be conscious of their presence, couldn't help but notice how little space she has to move, not that it was crowded to the point that it became difficult to move mind you, it's just that in Anne's mind's eye, she realized that if she's not careful, chances were, she'll bump into someone while moving. Then, there's the fact of how eager they were, eager and uncoordinated. Of course, Anne could have discussed a plan with them beforehand, but having seen how some of them have such strong personalities, they may not just go along with whatever she says and it'll take too long for them to decide on a plan, that, and Anne wasn't confident enough in her speech to be able to have a decent discussion. She spent most of her time studying and hardly any time for socializing, so she has no idea what to say, and that left her frozen. Of course, she'd never admit that, she'll give excuses like: 'Since they've never worked together before, no matter how they planned their coordination would suffer and everyone would probably just do whatever they want anyway,' or 'we don't even know what we're facing, there's no point in planning against something we don't even know the identity of.'

Anne clicked her tongue, aware that there were such thoughts within her.

"Chicken," she whispered beneath her breath.

"You said something, mistress?" Lok heard and answered.

"Lok, I am still too weak."

Fear and pride, those two things chained her, and it frustrated her to know so, to know that she was too wretched and weak-willed to do anything about it.

"One step at a time, mistress."

"What is a step against infinity? But whatever, we have a task at hand."

Anne recomposed herself as the test began in proper, and when the Demon revealed itself, she recognized it. It was a Worduken, she vaguely recalled, though she couldn't remember the details of what kind of Demon it was. She only understood that it stank of death and it was a target to be taken down. Her plans did not change, and in her mind, she thought to herself: 'Thank goodness, there's only one of them.'

"Lok, if you don't mind."

Their eyes exchanged glances, there was no need for words for Lok to know what his mistress needed. After all, there were only so many things a Foliot can do in combat, and amongst them, arguably the most useful, was to become a siphon for their Magician's spell. With the boost from Lok, Anne began weaving another spell, this one from her specialty, the school of Conjuration.

There was a reason why Anne stood furthest in the back. It was out of fear for the Demon, that much was true, but there was also a second reason. The students, eager to show off, once Anne became conscious of them and watched them, one by one, receive an Imprifle from the Mistress Enchantra, she had a vision of her being shot. It wasn't a vision that predicted the future of course, but it was something that might happen if she stood in the midst of the students. At the rear, it was the safest position, unless of course, the Demon decided to move about, making it possible that Anne might get caught in the crossfire. Such thoughts allowed Anne to pinpoint the spell she would use.

The spell she had chosen, was 'Stricture', a spell from the Conjuration school that summoned chains to bind the caster's target. To successfully use this spell, however, the caster must focus entirely onto it, making it impossible for Anne to attack. Though, there was no point in attacking. After all, they don't lack firepower. Every single student here were eager and a good number of them were armed with the Imprifles made by the Mistress Enchantra herself. Anne never needed the offensive power in the first place. So long as she is able to properly bind the Demon on the spot, no matter what it is, it should be reduced to target practice for the rest of the Chosens.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back