• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy MASSIVE RP needs new players!

[QUOTE="too much idea]Still open?

[/QUOTE]
Always open. This RP has no set beginning or end, and the narrative of the in RP game itself is flexible to all players so you can even enter the RP on a solo adventure and craft your own epic story of survival and triumph and never encounter a single other player controlled character. If you want to group up, I'm sure that anyone who joins will be happy to oblige.

[QUOTE="Robin man]Have you made the thread yet?

[/QUOTE]
The RP is up and functioning, and I have two posts in already. The link to the RP is on the first page of this Interest Check if you click on the giant "Life Untold!"

Bump!

Bump!!

Question, what is the pace and expected skill level of this rp? It looks amazing but I have absolutely no idea if I'd be able to keep up. (' :| )

Phantasm said:
Question, what is the pace and expected skill level of this rp? It looks amazing but I have absolutely no idea if I'd be able to keep up. (' :| )
There is quite literally no "expected" pace. Like any MMORPG, this RP's in game narrative is entirely driven by your own actions and your own pace. You could enter this RP and create your own Solo adventure if you wanted to which is what I'm doing with my character right now, making sure I detail such things as leveling up, combat, and other aspects so that you can see them in action rather than just on the OOC page.

And skill level? It helps if you're at least an intermediate level role-player. A strong grasp of English grammar such as punctuation and spelling are always a plus with me. If you occasionally forget a comma or a period here and there, that's fine. But if there is a consistent lack of capitalization, dozens of run on sentences or broken sentences which could be linked to one another and other more obvious mistakes ALL THE TIME, then we'll have an issue.

But so long as you can keep a coherent sentence going and post at least two good paragraphs, especially so when you're in combat and leveling up, then I'm okay with whatever you bring to the table.

SirDerpingtonIV said:
Holy hell. This is ruddy brilliant! *Highfives*
Thank you, and awesome avatar pic by the way. I just got the 3DS version and it's AMAZING so far!! I'm almost to the 3rd Temple in the Ocean, but I'm collecting as many Heart Pieces and masks as I can before going.

Kyero said:
Thank you, and awesome avatar pic by the way. I just got the 3DS version and it's AMAZING so far!! I'm almost to the 3rd Temple in the Ocean, but I'm collecting as many Heart Pieces and masks as I can before going.
:P *Salutes you for good luck*

[QUOTE=".::ZaiKai::.]I'll be applying later today!

[/QUOTE]
Please be aware that this RP is bigger than it looks. I provided links to the main pages and such, but if the size of the RP bothers you just say so. Also, if you have any questions or concerns please let me know now before you make an attempt to join.

Hadeonfire said:
Oh my... this is very BIG. I'm interested to be a part of this RP.
If you have any questions or concerns, then please let me know. It's always better to ask questions and address concerns before joining the RP.

Kyero said:
Please be aware that this RP is bigger than it looks. I provided links to the main pages and such, but if the size of the RP bothers you just say so. Also, if you have any questions or concerns please let me know now before you make an attempt to join.
Yeah, I read through all of the mechanics, rules, etc. yesterday and will probably have to re-read several times as I go along. However, I do have a few questions:

1. You said in one of the pages that if your avatar dies, the avatar is deleted from the MMO. If you saved the appearance you had made, would you be able to load that appearance for a new avatar? Would your avatar be allowed to have the same name? Furthermore, would your friends list be carried over or would you have to track down your friends again and re-invite them?

2. On the classes page, you said, "For example, if your STR growth percentage is 140%, every ten levels you will gain exactly 14 points to that stat from natural leveling up." Just to clarify, this does mean that you merely divide the percentage by one hundred and then add that amount each level up (with some levels giving different amounts from not dividing evenly)?

3. Also, are players allowed to make up/play NPCs to suit their needs and to give quests? Are players allowed to design their own quests (but obviously within reason)?

That's all I have right now. I'm looking forward to your response.

[QUOTE=".::ZaiKai::.]Yeah, I read through all of the mechanics, rules, etc. yesterday and will probably have to re-read several times as I go along. However, I do have a few questions:
1. You said in one of the pages that if your avatar dies, the avatar is deleted from the MMO. If you saved the appearance you had made, would you be able to load that appearance for a new avatar? Would your avatar be allowed to have the same name? Furthermore, would your friends list be carried over or would you have to track down your friends again and re-invite them?

2. On the classes page, you said, "For example, if your STR growth percentage is 140%, every ten levels you will gain exactly 14 points to that stat from natural leveling up." Just to clarify, this does mean that you merely divide the percentage by one hundred and then add that amount each level up (with some levels giving different amounts from not dividing evenly)?

3. Also, are players allowed to make up/play NPCs to suit their needs and to give quests? Are players allowed to design their own quests (but obviously within reason)?

That's all I have right now. I'm looking forward to your response.

[/QUOTE]
Great questions, the first one especially as I had forgotten to consider such aspects of an event like that.

But here are my answers:

1) When you finish your character creation you are free to save the appearance data, and your chosen avatar name can be reused in the event one of your Avatars die due to carelessness or becoming overwhelmed by enemies due to friends or acquaintances drop out on you leaving you defenseless. Your friends list becomes part of your Player account, and is not deleted with the Avatar so they will remain.

2) Essentially, yes. However, during level ups it's always either a +1 stat gain or a +2 stat gain. Dividing by 100 gives you a decimal, and the stats don't give decimals. Where the +2 gains arrive during those 10 levels are up to you to determine, but try to make it look random.

3) You are allowed to design quests, but they will not be yours. If you design a quest, it will become accessible to everyone in the RP as a universal quest option/opportunity. When you design the quest, you can design whatever NPC's or Quest paths and requirements exist within the Quest, but the final Led, Item, and EXP bonuses granted from the Quest are mine to determine as the GM.

[QUOTE="Lillian Ascelin]Are you still accepting?

[/QUOTE]
Sadly this RP died a while ago. The mechanics overwhelmed the other players and many of them only posted once or twice before realizing they didn't have the dedication or the drive to stick with an RP that demanded more of them than just posting.

Calculating damage for fights, keeping track of funds, keeping track of experience levels, keeping track of unlocked and upgraded Skills (both player and weapon Skills), keeping track of their HP and other stats, and much more.

There was a lot to keep in mind and keep track of, and it was just too much for the role-players who were a part of it.

But thank you for your interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back