• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Mad House.

Fliss walked back to Nick's room and knocked on the door,"So are you coming?" She felt a little embarrassed. She heard the door open and pulled and inquisitive face at Nick. She look out of his room and over the balcony to see a guy with heavy looking bags. "Oh, new guy." She smiled. It was starting to feel a little lonely around here. She returned her concentration to Nick and asked again, "So do you want to come?" She bit her lip, hoping she wasn't annoying him.

The Headmistress heard the click of the door and smiled. "The new arrival." She said to herself and stood up. She strolled out of her room, smoothing down her skirt and poking her glasses up to the top of her nose. She walked over to the front door to see boy with his luggage. Thy all looked the same to her, either shy or over confident. "Hello." She walked up to him. "Welcome, I am sorry, you are about to catch the other children on their way out. I'm sure you can tag along, though." She grinned, although she wasn't happy at all.

Nick watched as the door swung open of it's own accord from the girl knocking against it, making a grimace pull on his features as he pulled it along the rest of the way. Need to fix that super soon, then. I really can't afford people barging in all the time. He exhaled deeply through his nose, rubbing his knuckles against his forehead and trying to keep his temper in check. Be nice. The girl was distracted for a moment, claiming that there was a new kid. Nick dropped his hand back to his side. He wondered vaguely if she was referring to Kurt, as he would have to go out of his way to glimpse at whoever it was from his vantage point, but remained silent on the matter, being that he would find out soon enough.

After she asked him the same question, he had to force his expression to turn impassive, rather than deepening as he wanted it to. "Yes, yes, I already told you," he finally answered, irritation creeping into his tone. And if I didn't tell you, it was heavily hinted or super obvious. One or the other... or all of the above. He mentally slapped himself. Was this even a good idea if he was already becoming annoyed? Nick looked back over his shoulder at his roommate. Ugh, please come, or I might just snap. Without another word, he slipped past her and out of the room.

Now looking over the balcony, he could see that it was someone entirely different, and he couldn't help but feel some degree of disappointment. Of course, it wasn't a simple task to spy the dark skinned boy, as there was that woman towering over him. Nick breathed a nervous laugh. "Oh, yeah, she's going to be in on this, too, isn't she?" Reason number two this wasn't a good idea. I should make a list. Still, it reminded him of Orion's letter. Nick slipped his fingers into his pocket and pulled out the tiny flip phone, sticking his thumb under the screen to flick it up, but hesitated and replaced it in his pocket again. 'Hey, I got your letter' wouldn't be good enough. I'll just take care of that later, he resolved as he descended the final step of the stairs.

"Oh-" She followed after Nick. She thought he would have to get ready first, but apparently not. She trailed down the stairs behind him, a tiny twang of sadness for the fact that he hadn't acknowledged her outfit, bit she guessed he wasn't the type to notice such trivial things. She wasn't. really, but somewhere, deep, deep inside, her, she felt like she had dressed up for him. The new guy and the headmistress were talking at the door and Fliss sneaked past them, out into the cold twilight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caelum breathed an inward sigh of relief and put on a small but pleasant smile as an adult walked towards him, someone who could tell him what to do. Standing around was kind of awkward and rather boring.

As she came closer, Caelum blinked in surprise at how tall she was, and how white her hair. She looked too young for that hair color, but then maybe it had been dyed? But he didn't have time to think about that, because she was already in front of him and talking.

Caelum replied to her greeting with a "hi" of his own, and when she was done speaking wondered what was going on for the other kids to be leaving.

If they were "just on their way out", then he'd have to decide quickly if he wanted to go or not. Without any idea of what it was, Caelum had no clue of whether or not it would be a good idea to go. Maybe he wouldn't.

"Um.."

But, then again, after sitting in a van so long, it might be nice to walk around, and it's easier to make conversation when there's something going on. I might as well.

"Sure! But, I'd like to know where my room is so I can put my bags 'n stuff down, so..." He left the rest up to her, to either tell him or show him where the room was, or have someone else do it. Finishing his sentence, he noticed another boy that looked about his age coming down the stairs.

"Oh, sure, I'll show you." she smiled but it immediately turned into a frown when she turned away from him and walked up the stairs. "This way." She said, coming to the top. She saw one of the girls standing over the bannister and a boy just behind her. She rolled her eyes and carried on. "Here." She pointed to a tall door at the end of the hallway.

After having hopped off the final step, he eyed the new boy with vague interest as he passed him. Nothing stuck out about him. Reserved, as he should be for his first day at an orphanage, but not necessarily depressed, it seemed. At least that's one less person moping around. Then again, that hasn't really happened since that pity party with Jodie, so... sorry, no bonus points for you. Nick managed to slip past the duo just behind Felicity. Oddly enough, the Headmistress hadn't bothered to share a cross word with him, so maybe she forgot... Somehow.

Nick looked over his shoulder to shut the door behind him quietly, actually bothering to keep the knob twisted as he did so rather than slamming it. When he was done with that, he turned his gaze to the driveway, if only to have him frown and quirk an eyebrow at the long, slender vehicle situated patiently on the gravel. "This? A limo? Really?" What is this, prom? The whole world is plotting against me. Furthermore, how could the orphanage afford such an extravagance for just a birthday? If The New Life Centre had such an abundance of money to blow on some fancy vehicle to transport them to a restaurant that was probably in walking distance, then he surely wasn't about to concern himself with fixing their door. Nick allowed a smile to settle on his features as he turned to Felicity. "Fuck that. I'm getting a bounce house and a pool table for my birthday."

Fliss gulped as Nick moaned about the limo, but he turned it around by making a joke and laughed a little. "By all means, we can walk." She started down the path and towards the car. She wasn't too happy about it herself, but she was hoping for free champagne at least-even if it was non-alcoholic. "It's not like I asked for it. I wonder why she even wants to do this my birthday?" She half skipped, half walked down the path, a little excited that someone had remembered her birthday, even if it was because of some papers. No matter how much she tried to hide it, she was pretty happy. The happiest she had ever been.

Ah, walking would be nice. Running would be even better, but even still, they didn't really have a choice in the matter. "Yeah, like you know where we're going." Either way, it wasn't exactly cheap to hire a limousine. It wasn't like he was averse to riding in one, either, but it just seemed so... formal and... awkward. And a giant waste, especially if we don't use it, so... Nick shrugged at her inquiry. Maybe it was standard protocol for orphanages, he wouldn't know, even discounting the fact that Sunny Brooks was unlikely to ever attempt something like this. Inwardly, he pined for something witty to say in retaliation of her pointless wondering, but came up with nothing. He followed after her, mildly amused by her prancing, if a little embarrassed. Ah, not that anyone's here yet, and anyway, it looks like I'm not having to do much to make her enjoy this.

"Have I told you I'm a little excited?" she stopped skipping and jumped in front of him. "Because I am." She sighed and opened the rear door of the limo. It was quite big inside, with leather upholstery and champagne flutes filled with orange juice sat in-between the seats. She shrugged, it wasn't champagne, but at least it was something. She climbed in and sat on the seat. It was surprisingly comfy for a 'car' chair, with plush cushions underneath the leather. Fliss grabbed a glass of the orange juice and took a sip. It was cold on her lips, which helped her to calm down the blood that was rushing to her face with excitement. Why didn't she ever celebrate birthdays before? This is awesome.

Nick quirked an eyebrow at the bundle of energy that was bounding before him. Obviously moving past the self-conscious phase after this evening. "Really? I couldn't tell," he remarked, sarcasm dripping in his tone. "Just don't pull a muscle or something. That would be tragic." The boy held the door open after her, having to duck almost exaggeratedly in order to even step inside. A truck is definitely in my future. He slid the door shut behind him, too busy taking in the spectacle before him to check for anyone trying to follow in after him. Am I thinking of something else, or do some of these have hut tubs? 'Cause that's just ridiculous.

Still having to crouch through the aisle, he felt somewhat uncomfortable in the rather enclosed space, even if there was enough room to move around. Even with his head dipped down, he could feel the annoying sensation of the flip of his hair brushing against the ceiling, forcing him to lower his head even more. Nick was all too eager to fall into the seat, but as he kicked back - purposefully plopping down and making the limo rock a little upon impact - he was absorbed by the cushions, landing him in quite an awkward position. He allowed himself to sink in, nuzzling down into the seat to test how far he could go until his legs were occupying most of the aisle and his cheeks were practically concealed by the surrounding seat.

With a laugh, he sat up straight suddenly, before looking at the next wonder before him. Nick plucked the slim glass at his side and raised it in the air, swirling it's contents until the top began to foam and, lowering the glass, he could stare at the whirlpool he had created. "Wow!" he cried out suddenly in mock enthusiasm. "It's pulp free! I've never been so spoiled." Chuckling, he set the glass back down.

"Oh my!" She drank some more from her glass, "It is!" She laughed. She crossed one leg over the other. Who else was coming? She hoped it would't just be her and Nick, not for any bad reason, but she was scared she would embarrass herself. But, before she could think any further, the door opened.

"Hey guys." Jodie crouched inside the limousine, her long, pale legs exposed. She sat uncomfortably near to Nick and snatched up a glass of orange juice. "Mm, is this pulp free?" She looked at the orange liquid.

Fliss let out an awkward laugh and leaned back in the chair. She was suddenly aware of the hunger in her stomach as it rumbled and her face lit up like a red tinted lightbulb.

Nick shifted in his seat, though not wholly uncomfortably. Rather, he was searching for the spot where the seat creaked the most, which he would have to utilize in the event that someone started to annoy him. He sank into the right corner of it, wriggling around, producing a somewhat pitiful squeak. He was about to lean the other way when Jodie entered the limousine. Ah, looking as raunchy as ever. I think I'm starting to sense a theme here.

He averted his eyes from the low cut of the dress and played it all off with a chuckle and a short wave. "Hey, Jodie!" he cheered. Nick leaned to look around her, but she soon sat next to her, making him conscious of his space against and lean the other way. Well, I guess that means I'm stuck with you, right corner... "Where's your fuck buddy?" he blurted then with a wide grin, ignoring the perceived dumb question, vaguely aware that it was a terrible thing to bring up, but he couldn't help himself. "I was so looking forward to having the pleasure of his company."

Fliss almost spat out her drink when Nick blurted out the question. She coughed, almost choking and swallowed a swig of the juice. This is going to be entertaining.

Jodie shifted, uncomfortably and jabbed Nick in the ribs with her elbow. "You know, that really is disgusting, how can you ruin Felicity's birthday like that." She sipped her drink, "If you must know, he was just in the bathroom, he should be-"

"Talking about me?" Jamie opened the door and winked at Felicity. "Happy Birthday." He threw a rectangle wrapped in newpaper. "That should help you with whatever tat Nicholas gave you." He sat next to Jodie, putting a hand on her knee.

Nick felt an elbow ram painfully into his sides, but he blew it off with a chuckle. Even though that really hurt. Oh, I do hope I'm not the only one who gets this treatment from these girls... Jamie. Still, he choked down any indignant noise that almost escaped his mouth with a smile. He snorted lightly at her suggestion that he had done such a horrible thing. Me ruin her birthday? Do you even know what you've done by bringing him along?

The boy shook his head a little, looking over at Felicity just to double check that she wasn't stretched out over the seat and choking to death and, satisfied to see that wasn't the case, he looked back to the vehicle's new occupant. Oh, great. I swear to God if you one-upped me, I'm gonna' kill you. Nick narrowed his eyes, frowning in feigned concentration. "You guys hear that rattling noise? Is something wrong with the limo?" He looked over at the other boy as he finally took his seat. A grin spread over his countenance and he gave a sigh of relief, reaching down for his own glass of juice. "Oh, never mind. It was just your four brain cells knocking against each other." Nick chuckled into his glass and took a sip of his own, giving Felicity a quick wink.

Fliss tried to suppress a grin, but it was difficult. She grabbed the rectangle and found a book enclosed. 'How to skim read for dummies'. She rolled her eyes and threw the book on the floor. "I am perfectly good at reading, besides, the book Nick got me seems very interesting." She said, matter-of-factly.

"Oh!" Jamie wriggled in his seat, "I'm sorry, I think we should leave Jodie, obviously this is a private date." He started to get up but Jodie snatched his hand and pulled him back down.

"Don't be ridiculous, babe, Felicity wants us here." She wrapped her hand in his.

Babe? Eugh. She shot Nick a disgusted look.

Nick set the glass back down, looking rather smug with Jamie not being able to muster up a comeback. At this rate, I'll be able to insult his intelligence all evening - or, rather, lack thereof. He watched Felicity unwrap the present with interest, the sound of crinkling wrapping paper filing the vehicle for a while. Upon seeing the title of book, he chuckled coldly. That's not how you get into a girl's pants, Jamie-boo. Nick paused, his light chortling fading and the corners of his lips dropping a little. But wait, how did he know-? For someone who knows nothing at all, you know way too much. Need to fix that door soon. If you keep butting in, you might learn too much.

The boy's head jerked to the back to the happy couple, forcefully pulling himself from these thoughts. No, don't leave. I'm on a good streak right now. Maybe I'll come up with some fantastical way to humiliate you. Can't do that with you missing. A thought occurred to him as Jodie pulled the other boy back down to her side, making an almost wicked grin form on his expression. "Date? I thought I was gay." In his peripheral vision, he caught the look Felicity was giving him. How oblivious can you be to think that she wants you two here?

"Well, perhaps you're bisexual." He snorted, "And that's just worse." he squeezed Jodie's hand.

"Okay, look," Fliss closed her eyes and sighed, "I know asking for peace between you two is like asking a bee to stop pollinating, but please, Jamie," She looked at him, her eyes like daggers, "Stop with the distasteful insults, "And Nick," She looked at him, her eyes were softer, "Just put up with him." She swapped the position of her legs and looked to the left, waiting for any possible verbal abuse she was going to get.

"Fine." Jamie yanked a glass. "But, if he says one more thing to me, or my girlfriend, he knows what will happen." He looked out of the window and wrapped his arm around Jodie who looked up to him, longingly.

Poor girl. Fliss looked over at Jodie. She clearly likes him and he's just using her. She swallowed the last of the juice in her glass.

Nick's smile dropped, and he awarded Jamie with his most disgusted look, a breathy scoff falling from his lips. Homophobic, too? Really? Some of my best friends were gay. How can Jodie-? Desperation, most likely. Ugh. He examined the area around them briefly. It would be hard to get to the other boy in these close quarters without crawling all over his play thing.

He was about to settle with the venomous words that were forming in his head in retaliation, but Felicity spoke up before him. Nick's expression deepened. Figures that she would make him stop now that he was actually angry. He pinched the bridge of his nose, glaring aimlessly forward. It was even more difficult for him to keep his mouth shut, knowing the off chance that Jamie would interpret his silence as actually being intimidated. As if. Nick's mind had to insistently remind himself that none of this was about him and his whole purpose of being here was to actually make Felicity enjoy her birthday, but how could that ever happen with them right there? Jodie, fine. Him? Certainly not invited.

Redirecting his glare over to Jodie, his was looking to the other boy in possibly the most pitiful way, he could no longer hold his tongue. "No, I'm not going to put up with this." He looked back over to Jamie, scorn in his expression. "Well, bravo, you've reached a new low that I didn't even think was possible in the twenty-first century." Nick clapped, slowly and mocking. Primitive piece of shit. He kept his hands cupped together, continuing on with feigned interest, "What's next, racism? Please, tell me more about white supremacy." He gave a derisive snort. "Honestly, I can't stand whatever this is." Nick gestured to the duo with a wave of his hand. "If this keeps up, there's a risk that whatever lopsided sperm that must be swimming inside of you will infect the human gene pool."

Fliss gave up and just sighed. "Whatever." She said under her breath.

"White supremacy is sort of a redundant cause, there will always be blacks and yellows and browns, I think we just have to get over it. Although, I did once apply for the Ku Klux Klan, seemed like a good idea at the time." He smiled sweetly at Nick. Jodie gave a little gasping laugh beside him as he put her hand on his chest.

"Niiiiiiick!" she squealed, giggling.

Oh, that's right. Small words for a tiny brain. He probably didn't understand half of what I just said. Nick's frown deepened, disgusted by their display. Still, not even going to own up to your threat? Why am I even surprised? You've been running away from every one of our fights. His irritation grew all the more with the girl's shrill giggling. I think I would rather see a dog humping a lamp post. "You're just the perfect little play thing for him, aren't you?" he sneered. "He's not smart enough to use anyone else."

Jodie's mouth stretched open, offended and surprised. "How dare you!" She pulled away from Jamie and looked at Nick, "We are in love! Just because you're jealous, because you can't get yourself a girl doesn't mean you have to ruin our relationship."

Jamie sat next her, red faced. "Oh, Nicholas, intelligence isn't what I'm after, it's the ability to be cunning and sly that I love most about myself." He didn't even bother to defend Jodie, because in truth, she meant nothing to him. She was exactly how he had described, just a play thing, a follower.

Nick gave an incredulous laugh. "In love?" She's too far gone. There's no saving her. Then there was Jamie's own retort, which just further proved his point. You can't be 'cunning' and 'sly' if you don't have a brain, idiot. "What am I jealous of, exactly? Bitch Cakes, you've known each other for about a week and you've only been sucking face for maybe two days. This isn't a Disney movie." It's going to fall apart right before your eyes before this month is even over.

"Bitch Cakes? Well, I always knew you were inventive Nicholas, oh wait." He rolled his eyes and fell back into the seat, considering Nick hadn't supplied a decent insult.

Fliss shook her head and let out a sharp sigh before opening the door and just walking down the road. She rubbed her left arm with her right hand and realised her upper arm was freezing. She knew she should have brought a jacket. She shivered and climbed into the next cab of the car. The interior was the same, leather but there was no orange juice in here, perhaps the headmistress knew there wouldn't be too many people attending her 'party'. She moved right into the corner and put her hands in her lap, face up. She wasn't sad, or disappointed. It wasn't like she had ever had any type of celebration for her birthday before, so why should she be upset now?...

Isadore sat at the kitchen counter, staring at the cereal boxes standing at attention to his incredulous scrutiny. Never, in his two years of foster care, had he eaten these brands; he'd always sworn by apple-jacks. Or, more frequently, actual apples. "Well..." He grabbed a box with a psychedelic, orange bird emblazoned on the glossy surface, dancing about with a bowl of rabbit pellets in its hand. Squinting at the label, Isadore sighed in resignation. Cocoa Puffs...rabbit poo...what's the difference? There was no way he was going to eat this.

So he picked up the second box.

Again, there was a questionably sane bird as the mascot, though this time it was a toucan holding a bowl of synthetically dyed doughnuts. Fruit Loops. Isadore slumped over the marble counter-top. "Cereal for dinner, what was I thinking...?" He rested his cheek on the cool surface as he wondered where everybody had gone. Nose-ring, Redlocks, Flossy, Nick, even the headmistress. They'd left him to waste away in the torturous solitude of starvation. Ah, I could always cook something...No. Isadore sat up and shook his head. Absolutely not. He wasn't going to go rummaging around in the cabinets until he'd gotten a good sense of how this kitchen was set up.

He pulled the carton of milk towards himself and uncapped it. It's milk first, then cereal. He paused, watching the milk pour into the bowl. Or...was it cereal first, then milk? Isadore re-capped the carton and picked up his spoon. I guess just milk is fine, too. "bon appétit..." he muttered, sipping his dinner.

"Thank you." Caelum replied, his tone thankful. Because, of course, he was saying thank you and if you don't sound thankful, then you sound sarcastic, and that's just rude.

He followed the white-haired lady to the stairs, passing a girl and boy about his age on the way. Turning his head as he walked in order to get a better look at two of the people who he'd be living with for the next who knew how long, he saw the boy looking back.

Caelum tried to not assume things about people from their appearances, but he was glad that they looked fairly normal. Or, as far as he could tell in the second before he reached the stairs, and had to turn his eyes back.

I hope they'll be friendly.

They reached the top of the stairs, and the lady pointed to a door at the end of the hallway, announcing that his room was "Here." Stepping towards his room, until deciding that maybe he should ask while she was still around, Caelum turned his body back so he could face her while speaking.

"Uh, you said the others were on their way out. But, where are they going?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back