• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern harbour heights - a small town rp

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

THE MECHANIC.

jack could sense the flirtiness in her tone. he chuckled a little bit, and said “honestly, doesn’t happen very often. a few nights here and there but nothin’ too serious. my dad was an alcoholic; he wasn’t the type of alcoholic that didn’t give a shit about his kids and just wasted his life away, though. sometimes i think i liked him better drunk. but, i want more for hannah, so i try not to overdo it.”

“let me guess, growing up in a small, podunk town such as harbour heights made you want to go to a new city & try to better yourself,”
he started, before continuing, “when you say you wanted to move from north carolina, i assume you wanted to get away from whatever you were dealing with, with atlas’s dad. not sure if that’s a sore subject for you or not, i know my ex is a sensitive subject for me, anyway. but we don’t have to talk more about that..” he said, before grabbing a soda himself and popping the tab. he then caught a glimpse of the ring on her hand, which caught him off guard. “i’m guessing you’re recently separated, since you’re alone taking care of your son?” he just said he didn’t want to pry about her relationship, but the fact that she had a ring on her hand still was a bit concerning to him given the nature of his ex wife. he didn’t want to get into anything like that and do the same thing that was done to him.

“sorry, just said i wouldn’t pry, but a little bit of background on me..” he said with a short sigh, following with “i was married once, myself. divorced about 3 years ago. i haven’t had much luck with relationships since. most of my ‘relationships’ were just hookups if i’m bein’ honest with you.” he whispered, before tipping back his soda. “however,” he began, “you, ma’am, don’t look like the hookup type.”

“so, how’d i do?”
he asked, folding his arms and smirking.

then she asked about hannah, and why they moved to harbour heights. “hannah’s five, goin’ on thirteen.” he said with a sigh of grief, then continued “answer is simple as ever for me, i come from a podunk town such as harbour heights and i prefer to stay in a podunk town. there’s less noise, plus this one has a beach that i can take hannah to at any time. there’s also less of a chance for hannah to grow up in the wrong crowd, less of a chance for murders to happen on the streets. was just lookin’ for a safe haven for us and found us this sweet little slice of paradise.”

jack.
code by birth of venus.

Walter Lincoln
tex
Killer Whale Brewing Co.
Charitable
interactions

Chris travelbypages travelbypages
When Tex first went into hiding in Harbour Heights, the last thing he expected was to find his long lost niece, yet there she was, trying to start her life away from her overbearing parents. Tex never really got the chance to bond with his niece as he moved away when she was still young but over the past five years she was in town they had grown pretty close.

Today was the day of the annual bonfire beach bash and Tex was set to have a...libation station as he liked to call it. He partnered with the event to sell his drinks there a couple of years ago and it has grown for him every year since. It had almost become a tradition for him to release new beverages at the event. This year he was unveiling Richie's Pumpkin, a milk stout with notes of pumpkin in it, named and designed after Richie the cougar, a local celebrity.

Tex received a text from his niece, Christina, asking about his old karaoke machine. It took forever and a half to boot up but it otherwise was still reliable. Apparently the one Chris had bought was already broken. He didn't mind lending the machine to his niece and was even considering just letting her have it. Tex was a big fan of donating to good causes and the community so why not let her have it so that the kids could get some use out of it?

It wasn't long before Chris came strolling in like she owned the place. "Hey kiddo, I'll load it into my truck after I'm done loading up the kegs." he said rolling a keg through the brewery. Once the kegs were loaded, he and Chris lifted the machine into the back of Tex's truck. "Want me to drive you so you can imbibe?" he asked patting one of the kegs.
coded by natasha.

scroll

the wild one.

dallas beck.

mood.

amused.

the bonfire.

interactions

bethie & chloe

Dallas listened as Chloe told them about the mysterious stranger. Shiloh, that was their name. It clicked in her head, a memory coming from last night. Dallas was consumed in the memory of meeting Shiloh while Bethie and Chloe discussed Alyssa and August. She had honestly barely noticed them walk away to get more beers. She was even scanning the crowd just to try and spot Shiloh.

But when her 2 friends returned, Dallas gave Chloe a look as she spoke,
"Chloe, I love you, but don't you fucking dare."
She shook her head a little and grabbed the beer. She, again, popped off the cap with her teeth (an extremely bad habit she refused to give up) and took a big glug of it.

"You just want to see me get all frazzled again. Don;t you? You like seeing someone rattle me."
She teased her friend poking her in the shoulder.

She looked at both of them and laughed,
"You bitches live for the drama that is my life,"
Dallas just smirked, and then finally said,
"But I wouldn't have it any other way."

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

the trauma surgeon.

charlie lovelace.

mood.

slightly flirty.

the bonfire.

interactions

jack.

Charlie frowned a little when he mentioned his dad being an alcoholic. She was fortunate that she never had to deal with that.
"Well, maybe you'll just have to call me when one of those nights come around."
She looked down and bit on her bottom lip.

"Am I that transparent?"
She grinned,
"I actually hated New York City, but yes that was the goal."

And then there it was, he had asked about James. Her stomach had dropped, he probably thought she had left him, but she was also still wearing her ring. Which Jack had noticed. This was the first time she doubted wearing it. She listened to him talk about his last relationship and she took a deep breath before saying,
"I'm actually a widow. He died in North Carolina. I just haven't been able to stop wearing it. He died before Atlas was born."
Her stomach felt like it was filled with lead. The locals all knew about James because everyone knew her mother and the town was so small it spread like wildfire, especially when Charlie came back.

Charlie was caught a little off guard when he said she didn't look like the hookup type, he wasn't wrong.
"Well you'd be correct, sir. I did the hookup life in my early 20s. Not so much now. Now, I prefer to be wined and dined."
She was hoping that her joke would put him at ease after she had revealed her widow status. She had in fact dated 1 man in Boston, but it wasn't the right fit. She had broken up with him a few months in. He had never even met Atlas.

"I do love the beach. My parents actually live over there."
She motioned towards a yellow house down the way a little bit,
"It's great to be able to walk into your backyard and have your feet in the sand. I used to even surf, but haven't since before med school. In fact, I know of a little cove you can get to, but you know, gotta swim there."
She admitted then smiled as she spoke about her cove. She hadn't taken anyone there, not even her brothers.
"Well, I sure hope you stay. This place has magic in it and I think you'll like it."
Her words had double meaning, she also wanted him to stay and talk to her despite her sad story. There was just something about him that she couldn't put her finger on.

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

PhD Student

Leo.

mood

frazzled

outfit

might update later

beach, then back home, then beach again

interactions

Julia & Cole

Leo was a lot of things: brilliant in his field, dedicated to his thesis project, friendly to almost everyone he came across.

Right now, Leo was late. Very late.

In his defense, it was the thesis project that Leo was so dedicated to that had made him late. His project focused on climate change and ocean temperatures, and their resulting effect on the aquatic ecosystem. The spring and fall were especially important, as they bridged the gap between the cold winter ocean and the warm summer sea. When you wake up in the morning and realize that today is probably the last day to get any spring data, you call Julia Perez, beg her to go out on a dive with you, and promise her whatever she wants in return when she agrees.

Getting as much data as possible also meant that the dive ran longer than what he had planned. Leo figured this was the case when they got back to the beach, and he saw the beginnings of the crowd for the Beach Bash that was happening that night. Leo discovered just how late he was when he got back to his phone on the beach, half out of his wetsuit.

”Shit,” he cursed to himself when he realized what time it was. He was supposed to be meeting Cole right now.

"Thanks Jules!"
He yelled as he grabbed his stuff and started the dash back to his car.
"I owe you one!"
Leo tossed his gear into the trunk, and pulled himself into the driver’s seat, wetsuit still on - what was more sand and sea in a car that already had plenty?

Once home, Leo raced into his house. He was currently still living with his parents - they, along with his little sister, had already left for the beach bash.

A quick shower to wash some of the sand out of his hair, a change of clothes to a light pair of shorts and patterned button up, and Leo was back out with his trusty backpack. Even though he was now over an hour behind when he was supposed to meet Cole, Leo decided to bike to the beach instead of drive. It was mostly downhill, and he could hitch a ride back with his parents if he didn’t feel like biking back. And hey, no gas needed - save the turtles, right?

Finally, Leo made it to the beach, only incredibly late. He felt bad for making Cole wait, but figured he wouldn’t mind - in the 6 months or so since Cole had moved to town and Leo had promptly become friends with him, he had learned that Cole was easy going, as well as easily distracted himself. Still, Leo felt bad for making his friend wait without even a message - for as social as he was, he was absolutely awful at texting.

Leo waved hello to various friends as he beelined straight to Cole, who he had finally spotted eating food. His own stomach grumbled as a reminder that he hadn’t eaten since the breakfast he had hastily scarfed down that morning. He would have to grab some food at some point.

"Hey dude,"
he said once he reached Cole.
"Sorry to keep you waiting - got caught up in a dive. How’s it going?"

♡coded by uxie♡

Olivia Hudson
the journalist
Beach
Slightly excited
interactions

Eleanor CozyGamer CozyGamer
Ah the beach bash. Ollie always loved it, really any type of party or celebration. Those types of things were the spice of life and made the everyday less boring, and boy was the everyday boring. Ollie had become quite jaded with life ever since burning out as a teenager. Ollie was a young author and wrote several books as a tween and teenager, but her parents pushed them too far and she became burnt out. Her creativity dwindled and thus Ollie hadn't wrote a book in years. Instead she focused her talents at writing into journalism; a creative outlet that hadn't yet burnt them out.

This year was especially exciting as a journalist Ollie looked up to accepted their invitation to come visit and work on a story with them. Ollie was going to be working on a story about the corruption of the police department in Harbour Heights and wanted some more professional help, more professional than themselves anyway. They were elated to hear back from Eleanor that she was going to be coming down to the small town and couldn't wait to actually meet her. The two had been talking over twitter for a while now and had become somewhat, in Ollie's opinion, friends.

Now Ollie was wandering the beach holding a drink in a coconut in her hands, looking for their future partner in crime. Not that they were going to commit crimes...unless absolutely necessary anyway, but...well...the expression still stood. Ollie's mind drifted to the lighthouse. It always fascinated them; what mysteries could it hold? Old man Hill never let Ollie explore or anything in the lighthouse, he was very serious about his job, which she respected. Still, it was a disappointment.

Finally Ollie's eyes landed on a figure standing somewhat awkwardly on the beach. The thought suddenly occurred to them that Eleanor had probably never seen Ollie's face and thus had no idea what they looked like. Ollie turned their hat backwards and casually approached the woman, itching to mess with her. "You seem lost. You new in town? Or just a tourist to our fine beach party?" they said after taking a sip from their coconut.
coded by natasha.

• now playing: bad girls - m.i.a.

Bethie wasn't surprised that there wasn't much gossip to be spread around. The town had been pretty quiet recently - no one had been caught in any scandalous affair or anything of the sort. It was somewhat disappointing, but she understood. Maybe there'd be some drama at the bonfire tonight. But so far, there was nothing to speculate about, not even August and Alyssa bickering. That was to be expected. They were never happy. The only way that she'd stay with a guy like him would be for his money. God, Bethie wanted to be rich. Then she could show her family that she wasn't such a waste of space after all.

The warm sand felt good on her feet as she followed Chloe over to the bar, listening to Chloe speak about her relationship with Alyssa. "The only good thing August Young has is his money. I guarantee you, if he wasn't so rich, he wouldn't have any girl hanging off of his arm, let alone Alyssa. He's borderline ugly, he's got a piss-poor attitude, and I can't stand him." Was Bethany totally judging him based on what little she had seen of him? Absolutely. But in her mind, she was right, and there was no convincing her that she was wrong.

She hung back as Chloe went off to talk to Alyssa, instead watching from a distance. Yes, she was friendly with Alyssa, but she didn't really know her that well and didn't want to get in her way. But it was over pretty quickly, and Chloe and Bethie finally made it to the promised land - the bar. "You think Shiloh would actually tell us the truth if we asked? I highly doubt that they're the type to kiss and tell." So they went back to Dallas, letting Chloe go first so that she could open her beer - she found it hard to walk and work on a capped bottle at the same time. She returned just in time to catch the last of what Dallas was saying. "Hey, someone's got to entertain us one way or the other." Bethany grinned, downing some of the ice cold amber liquid. "Who better to do it than our best friend?"

outfit: live fast, die young
    tags: murphalicious murphalicious , demenscous demenscous
    bethany.
    coded by kaninchen

• THE VET TECH.

a small laugh escaped her perfectly flush lips as chloe teased dallas about shiloh. “listen, i’m just saying, the best way to get intel about someone is from that someone. you can tell if someone’s lying to you about who they are.” she whispered, before glancing at shiloh again. she could tell dallas wasn’t up for that rodeo, though, and then beth came up at the nick of time.

“your life is like reality tv to me, it’s absolutely hilarious. but what kind of friend would i be if i didn’t tease you about it?” she asked with a warm smile before wrapping an arm around dallas and giving her a playful hug.

“i don’t know much about august young other than what people tell me - we’re not very close, but i can’t imagine he’s that bad.” she said, with emphasis on that. “i mean, really though, girls have to like him for some reason.. i can’t imagine it’s just the money.” she whispered.

“i think his dad being rich and a workaholic just gave him an unrealistic expectation on life and what life’s supposed to look like. but, that could just be me looking for the good in people again.” she said with a light, playful smile, before tipping back her second beer again.

“i just hope that both of them end up finding what they need, is all.” she said, before looking across the fire again. she never really understood why august felt the need to put every ounce of time in his work, it never made sense to her. money provides happiness, to some degree. without money, you can’t provide for yourself. if you can’t provide for yourself, you’re unhappy. but realistically speaking, making the most out of life is what’ll give you eternal happiness, in her mind. she never understood why people would want anything more than that.

chloe.
    code by birth of venus.

scroll

the trauma surgeon.

charlie lovelace.

mood.

flirty.

the beach.

interactions

jack.

"You got yourself a deal."
She smiled at him.

She appreciated his candor as he revealed a little bit of vulnerability as well.
"Don't worry about it, I'll just get you back at a later date. Really pry open your past."
She teased.
"Hey, I do love some bbq, not a whiskey girl, but it pairs well with a nice cold beer."

She thought about his proposition, it would give her a good excuse to get away and reduce the chance of running into someone she knew.
"That sounds perfect, but we should probably go to one close by, you gotta earn me showing you my secret cove."
She emphasized the word secret.

Then, Charlie added,
"And I need to be close by in case anyone maims themself and I have to go to the ER."

Charlie started walking towards the cove that she and her brothers had always gone to. This one was also walkable rather than swimable and it was in the opposite direction of the bonfire.

"So, tell me about Hannah. What's she like?"
She asked as they walked.

♡coded by uxie♡

damon

the musician

Damon was tired, having just gotten off a shift at work. He was ready to relax and enjoy himself finally at this bonfire. As he walks up to the bar, and orders himself a beer, he turns to the fire, as he watches everything. He can't believe it's only been a couple years since he moved into town. There wasn't a beach growing up so to be able to sit near the water, and hear the waves was one of his favorite things about Harbour. To be able to relax and understand that there's no such thing as not being able to enjoy the little things.

It may have worried his parents and siblings that he had moved so far but for him, this was his place. He felt it the moment, he drove through town. This is where he needed to be. Damon gets up to walk closer to the bonfire, moving through a sea of people, when he bumped into someone.
"Fuck, I'm sorry, it's so crowded. "
He said as he helps them up from where they fallen down. Luckily his drink didn't fall either.
"You are Shelba right? From the firehouse. You come into the coffee house sometimes right?"
Knowing his customers was one of the important parts of being an barista.

"My name is Damon."

♡coded by uxie♡

Flynn Clarke
the barista
west point beach
thrivin my guy
interactions

wife wife wife fieldofclover fieldofclover
Dude, Flynn was having the time of his fuckin' LIFE! His job still sucked and his mattress was still uncomfortably hard and he still had that bruise that refused to heal on his shin (stupid bar stools at the cafe were his ridiculously long legs' worst enemy) but all of that was worth it because of the glistening small boulder on Lucy's ring finger.

Lucy Hazel Simmons, the love of his life and the most beautiful woman to ever grace this planet, was all his for the rest of time and Flynn Clarke, a man of ridiculous ambition and boundless energy, could now die a happy man.

Not that he wanted to of course, he had a long life by Lucy's side ahead of him, but at the moment it felt like not a damn thing mattered. Not the cheap espresso that burned if he looked away for two seconds, not the attack of the evil stools, not even Lucy's fussing about looking good for the beach bonfire could sour his mood. Tonight, he'd spend the evening showing off his future bride like the royalty she was to anyone who was a fool enough to get him started.

He'd spent the morning working at the cafe, foaming lattes and toasting bagels, but Flynn rushed home as soon as he could to get ready. Lucy beat him to the punch, as she almost always did, and the pair sped off to the beach together. Flynn was thrilled that he finally got Lucy to take a break from the planning, partially because he wanted her to relax in the wake of their fresh engagement but mostly because if she asked him about whether eggshell or pearl white was better (ps. they look the same), he'd probably crack and need to be institutionalized. As they parked the car, Flynn rushed to Lucy's door to help her out and made sure everything was locked up before they made their way down the dunes towards the festivities.

"You've never been to the lighthouse?" Flynn gasped, perhaps too dramatically. "We are definitely going tonight. I think ol' Weston has set up some nice lights and stuff up there. It'll be a good spot to see the stars I think," Flynn snuck up behind Lucy and pressed a playful kiss to the side of her neck, "and oh soooooo romantic. Come on," he took Lucy's hand and began dragging her down the dunes like an impatient child, "where to first? Hamburgers? Swimming? Lighthouse? Beach? A quick sneaky link in the woods somewhere?"
coded by natasha.

Julia Perez
the marine biologist
the sapphire seas boat
heart eyes for real
interactions

stellan travelbypages travelbypages
Stellan was a refreshing wave of life that Julia didn't know that she had needed. Her blossoming relationship with everyone's favourite drive in technician had been surprising. The two had known each other in passing for what seemed like forever, either at school or in the neighbourhood or just around Harbour Heights. Anyone with eyes knew that Stellan was a good looking man but never once had Julia ever considered that they'd make a good pair. He was so quiet, so mysterious, always seeming to be off in his own world where Julia was everywhere doing everything all the time. Still, the two grew close before Julia could realize what was happening and before she knew it, they were on their first date.

Julia refused to believe the rumours swirling around the mouths of the Harbour Heights socialites. She rarely paid any attention to them, even her mother who voiced her concerns about the pair after Julia came to her as lovestruck as a schoolgirl after a few dates. She was attempting to keep her cool, trying to keep her distance and take things slow, but Stellan Foxgrove was fucking magnetic and who was she to try and pull away?

It was like they'd been together forever, Julia quickly decided as Stellan patiently listened to her rambling and indulged her endless worrying before shutting her promptly up with a warm kiss. Immediately, she melted against his lips as the tension slowly seeped from her bodies. The frown that almost tugged on her lips as he pulled away all too soon for her liking frightened her to a degree. She'd never felt like that before. Men were, in Julia's humble opinion, often a nuisance. She'd had her fair number of suitors over the years, flings and long term relationships alike, but there was always a problem: they never liked her ambition. Her career came first and her energy stayed high. Her previous lovers had wanted her to stay home with kids, or slow down and enjoy the easy life.

Not Stellan. He wanted Julia just the way she was.

When the work was done and her mind had finally stopped reeling, Julia walked over with a bucket of popcorn in her arms and a grin on her lips as she took in the set up. Strings of lights danced around the railings, the projector silently playing previews of movies that cast lights across the piles of pillows and blankets that covered the ground. It was cozy and magical and so perfect.

"Everything looks great!" Julia chirped, popping a kernel of popcorn into her mouth with a crunch. "Thank you again for helping out. This would've been one hell of a task to take on without help." She continued after swallowing her bite. "And to answer your question, I have no clue but I'd expect quite a few. This is sort of going to end up becoming a babysitting corner. I don't mind though, I like kids!" Julia faltered, nibbling on her lip with the wave of anxiety rolling through her stomach before continuing. "Your daughter... is she coming tonight?"
coded by natasha.

JEREMY COWEN
Jeremy had always been smitten with Astrid, being the older pretty sister of his best friend. He'd spent many days around her and her family, joining them for dinner and helping out wherever needed, even as a teen. Her brother had left and sure Jeremy spoke to him every now and then but the pair had split off, "yeah he's just into different things than I am." And it was true, most guys his age took off to college and began their party lives. That sort of thing was something Jeremy was never really into. He didn't have the best grades, he didn't like to drink all too often (though a beer on a hot day is definitely refreshing). He was just different than those he grew up with and he was fine with that.

"I work at the mechanic shop, it's not he best but I just like fixing things... I help out a lot around town, especially little odd jobs like painting your parents door trims." He told her with a small laugh. He did hang around them often though, and he enjoyed the little updates her mom gave him about her kids. Admittedly, doing everything for everyone made him feel as though he was missing out on something, like the stories they tell about people he went to school with. He'd always been content in Harbor but he'd always wondered where he would have ended up in life had he decided to venture out there.

"Harbor is my home though, feels wrong to leave." He told her, choosing to avoid his envy for those who got the chance to leave. "But I will say, those who come back are welcome with open arms, do you want a drink or something?" He asked, noticing Tex setting up his lil bar. "Come on, I'm buying for the newbie." He told her in a teasing tone as he led her toward the bar. After letting her order, he ordered himself Tex's new drink, only in support for the old man. Pumpkin wasn't really his thing but he was fond of Tex and his cool drink creations.

Mentions: Tex - PenguinFox PenguinFox
Interaction: Astrid - Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy
coded by kaninchen

CHRISTINA BROWN
Satisfied with the fresh, new old karaoke machine, Chris stood up and used a clean piece of paper towel to wipe the dust off her hands. Patiently, Chris waited for Tex to be done loading the truck so he could carry the karaoke machine over and smiled as he offered her a ride down to the beach, "you don't wanna have your own party?" She teased, though she knew he probably wouldn't since he was serving the party goers, "sure, you can be the best DD."

Chris climbed into the passenger seat, feeling a mixture of excitement and anticipation. The beach parties were always a highlight of the summer, and this one promised to be special with the new karaoke machine. Chris had a passion for music and always took it upon herself to get others as interested in it as she was, even if the machine might not be as much as a hit as the other activities would be. As Tex drove, the familiar sights of the town passed by, bathed in the golden hues of the setting sun, "so what's your go to karaoke song?" She turned to him with a smile, genuinely curious if the serious but goofy man would even have one... Maybe one day she'd convince him to hop up and sing with her.

"Usually the divorced dad rock songs are a hit with the machine, so I like to sing those but I also love to belt some Ariana Grande. Her range is so wide I'd only wish to be able to hit the same notes as her." She explained it him. Though her style of music was usually on the punk range, being a teacher has opened her up to a variety of music that she normally would not have batted an eye at.

As the view of the beach approached, Chris could barely sit still in the seat with the excitement coursing through her. The sand, the sea, the sound of laughter and music already drifting towards them—it all felt like the perfect setting for a memorable night. They arrived at the beach, where the party was already in full swing. The smell of grilled food mixed with the salty sea air, and laughter and music filled the atmosphere. Chris and Tex unloaded the karaoke machine and set it up, quickly drawing a crowd of curious onlookers.

Chris took a deep breath, soaking in the festive atmosphere. She was ready to dive into the fun, knowing that with friends like Tex, this summer was going to be one to remember. As she fiddled with the settings, testing the mic, she turned to the crowd and announced, "Alright, who's ready to sing their heart out?" The first brave soul stepped up, and as they began to sing, Chris looked over at Tex, who gave her a thumbs-up. The night was young, the music was playing, and the beach was alive with the joy of summer. Chris couldn't wait to see what songs and memories the night would bring.

So, while everyone was enjoying their time with the karaoke machine she quickly wandered off to grab herself a drink. After she sneakily hid it inside her Stanley mug - so that parents wouldn't give her the side eye - she rushed back to the crowd that gathered around the karaoke machine so that she wouldn't miss a single song. Swaying and dancing along with the crowd, Chris was having the time of her life.

Interactions: Tex - PenguinFox PenguinFox
coded by kaninchen

STELLAN FOXGROVE
Smiles were rare for Stellan, but when it came to Julia he couldn't even pretend to not be smiling. The girl brought him a certain joy that he was sure he had forgotten. Stealing a little kernel of popcorn, he quickly popped it into his mouth before he placed his arm around her shoulder and tucked her into his side to take in the work they had done to make the boat a cozy little theatre, "yeah I think it'll be more fun for them out here than on the beach anyway," He assured her to the babysitting comment. Most of the time the parents ended up getting wasted at these things, and the kids would be left unsupervised. He'd read on some articles where similar parties like this ended up in tragedies with the kids. So having a little space just for them was something fun, and especially something safe.

At the mention of Niila, Stellan tensed slightly. He hadn't spoke to his daughter in months - her wishes, not his. So he had no clue what would be going on tonight with them. He knew Abigail was back in town with Niila, freshly divorced and job hunting. At least that's the last thing he heard. He'd even had a few anxiety attacks with the news of her return. But it was bound to happen at some point. They both grew up here. "I uh... I'm not sure." He admitted to her. For a while he'd refused to talk about Abigail and Niila around Julia, but he liked that she understood that the two were a big part of his life so he'd slowly become more comfortable, explaining what happened and how his relationship with Niila was on thin ice. He wanted to know his daughter, make her happy, and be the dad she deserved but his daughter had no interest in letting him back in unless he got back together with her mom- which would never happen.

As they stood there, taking in the sight of the cozy little theater they had created, Stellan felt a flicker of hope. Maybe tonight would be a step forward, a chance to reconnect with Niila. And with Julia by his side, he felt a little more prepared to face whatever came next. The sun dipped lower, casting a warm, golden glow over the beach. The first few kids arrived, their excited chatter filling the air. Stellan watched them, thinking of Niila, hoping she would be among them soon. With Julia's hand in his, he felt a renewed sense of determination. He would keep trying, for Niila, for Julia, and for himself. "Looks like a great turn out already," He mumbled and pressed a kiss to her cheek before pushing himself off the railing, "so... did you eat anything besides popcorn or should I go get you one of those burgers they're frying up?"

Interactions: Julia - geminiy geminiy
coded by kaninchen

• now playing: burning - maggie rogers

If Lucy couldn't have a perfect wedding, then the second best thing was looking absolutely stunning for the bonfire. She had pulled the strands of hair that typically fell in her face and pulled them up and back into a mini ponytail, put on a tinted lip balm (after all, it was hot outside), and slathered on a high SPF-graded sunscreen over her arms, legs, and anywhere else that ran the risk of being sunburned. Her favorite bathing suit top was tied up around her neck and bottom was pulled up over her legs. Over that went an old sundress that she'd be using as a cover-up. A shiny pair of gold sandals were buckled onto her perfectly manicured feet, and to top it all off, she donned a pair of cat-eye sunglasses. Oh, and of course she wore her engagement ring - she had barely taken it off since the proposal. Everyone who wanted to see it could see it in person. Lucy felt safe in regards to the integrity of the Harbor Heights community - no one would even consider stealing something that meant so much to someone (and if they did, she had faith that it would be returned to her).

Tonight, all of her endless fretting over planning her dream wedding (with Flynn's input, of course - it was equally his wedding as well) would be cast aside. She was going to focus her time and energy on spending time with the love of her life and her friends instead of what shade of white would work best with their theming (and it was obviously pearl white, eggshell was too off-white).

Lucy couldn't contain her smile as she looked up at Flynn, who had graciously opened her door for her like the gentleman that he was. Even after all the years that they had been together, he still treated her like the princess that she was. She took his hand in hers, gracefully making her way out of the car and onto the sand-splattered pavement below them. "No, silly, I've never been to the lighthouse." She playfully rolled her eyes at the dramatics of Flynn's response. "Y'know, I think every single one of my siblings have had something to do with the lighthouse except me. Brandon proposed to Felicity there, Rachel took some cool maternity pictures there when she was pregnant with Raph, and I'm nearly one hundred percent sure that Will and Michelle have been there at one point or another." All of her siblings seemed to have met the same milestones that she had been aiming to reach for years before she had the chance to. It was slightly disheartening, but when they had at least an eighteen-year head start, it was nearly impossible for Lucy to catch up.

It was hard for her to stop all of her frantic thinking, but with Flynn by her side, she felt more equipped to put the thoughts of inadequacy behind her, at least for tonight. And when she felt the familiar sensation of his lips against her neck, it was all but forgotten. "You're such a horndog tonight. I'm not risking getting caught in public - I may be a little more relaxed than I typically am, but I'm still the same ol' rule stickler I've always been." The idea was tempting, don't get her wrong - getting engaged had certainly done something to her drive, but she could not afford the shame and ridicule that would come with an indecent exposure charge. They'd have to run away and change their names, because there was no way she'd stick around in this town after something like that.

"But I am down for a quick swim. I didn't wear this bikini just for anything." Lucy laughed as she was pulled towards the party - his enthusiasm was contagious. "What do you say, Mr. Simmons?" She took on a teasing tone - how ridiculous would it be if she didn't take his last name? She was planning on keeping her last name as a new middle name, because she never wanted to forget who she was or where she came from, but she'd be Lucy Simmons Clarke come next spring, and she couldn't be more excited at the thought. (The paperwork to legally change it, on the other hand, was another story. But that would be an inconvenience for future Lucy to deal with). She wrapped her arms around his neck, her face mere inches from his own. "Are we doin' this swimming thing or what? There's only so many hours for the party, you know."

outfit: i'm in love, i'm alive
    tags: @/geminiy
    lucy.
    coded by kaninchen

• THE VET TECH.

beth had shut down their conversation regarding august, and probably for good reason. besides, august was preoccupied drinking his tropical drink with alyssa.

then she mentioned a karaoke machine, and how they all should karaoke. while she was hoping for a chill night, she was more than down to sing some karaoke and let loose a little. work was constantly on her mind, so it wouldn’t hurt to have a couple more beers, maybe even a shot of alcohol and get loose.

“let’s get some shots and you’ve got a deal.” she said before cracking a smile. chloe wasn’t usually like this, she wasn’t a girl who partied every weekend: maybe a couple of beers here and there, but the bonfire only happens annually. why not? she grabbed beth’s and dallas’s hand before walking over to the bar again with full intent of getting the basic, always safe option - a lemon drop.

chloe.
    code by birth of venus.

Conrad Mayer
the rescuer
on the edge of the beach
critter happy
interactions

Megan Lizy Lizy
"No. Absolutely not, we've been over this. No, end of story Raphael. I'm putting my foot down. We can't keep doing this!" Conrad's voice echoed around the sanctuary barn as his eyebrows knit together, his muscular arms crossed tightly over his chest. Anyone who overheard him speaking like that, his tone so tense and firm, they'd assume he was deeply engaged in a lover's spat. The emotion dripped from his tone as he shook his head. "Don't give me that look, Raph. I said no."

Raphael, a rather ridiculous looking deer who refused to develop antlers beyond tiny stubs and walked with a permanent limp due to a once broken hip, nipped at Conrad through the gaps between the stall bars. His teeth caught the edge of Conrad's shirt, tugging at the fabric while snorting in a way Conrad could only describe as deer mockery.

Conrad had been Raphael's handler for going on four years now, the pair meeting after Raphael was hit by a car that shattered his hip. Many nights had been spent by Raphael's side, keeping him calm and administering medication or encouraging him to eat and drink. After his recovery, it was decided that he'd stay in the sanctuary under care and Conrad leapt at the chance to stay on the team. Two times a day, Conrad visited that damn deer to administer anti-inflammatories and vitamins and each time, Raphael attempted (and usually succeeded) in pressuring Conrad to give him just a few more carrot pieces, or another handful of barley.

"Fine! Here!" Conrad gave in, pulling another piece of carrot from his pocket. Raphael hungrily lapped it up, crunching away as a strand of drool slid down Conrad's hand. "You are a disgusting creature, Raph."

The rest of the evening went by as routine. He tucked in the remaining barn animals and said goodnight to the face of the sanctuary, a three legged cougar named Richie, before making his way to fetch his ride from the paddock that he shared with the deer during the day. Ricky, a sturdy quarter horse and Conrad's closest friend, lifted his head at Conrad's approach, bounding up to the gate in excitement.

A few moments later, the pair were off towards Conrad's cabin. Living on the edge of town meant that he had little use for a car, though he was an owner of a rusty pickup truck that sat largely unused in his driveway, so he went most places on foot or on horseback, provided it wasn't too far a distance. He didn't live too far from the sanctuary where he worked so most of the time, Ricky was there with him every day.

On the way home, the pair winding down a small beaten down trail in the woods near the beach, Conrad noticed a surplus of people on the beach and the signature smell of burning wood. Was it time for the bonfire already? Picking their way through to the edge of the woods, Conrad hopped off Ricky and secured the reins to a tree. He'd stay for a few minutes.

Conrad made his rounds, saying hi to people and answering all the standard questions (Yes, he was doing well. Of course he'd tell his mom they said hi. No, he didn't have a girlfriend. No, he does not want to be set up with someone's niece who is back in town for a while, this isn't a Hallmark movie), before arming himself with a plate topped with a burger and some fresh cut veggies. As he sat down near where Ricky was hitched, a gentle chittering noise drew his attention to the treeline.
A squirrel, small and grey and fluffy, watched him expectantly. Slowly, Conrad extended his hand with a floret of broccoli in his hand, and the squirrel began to scamper over.

"Cute squirrel you have there, do they have a name?"

Both Conrad and the squirrel jumped from the sudden voice, the broccoli flying off somewhere into the woods. The squirrel scurried after it, disappearing into the bushes with the green vegetable tucked away in its cheeks.

"Shit," he sighed, pressing a hand to his chest, "nope, no name. I think he just wanted a snack." Conrad looked over the woman before him and smiled warmly, nodding his head towards her as he extended a hand. "I don't think we've met. I'm Conrad."
coded by natasha.

Shiloh Reed
the pilot
west point beach
flirty
vibes my guy (no shirt)
interactions

camila PenguinFox PenguinFox
Shiloh was quietly enjoying filling their plate high with pulled pork and fries and veggies and chips and whatever the fuck else could fit on the plate, the pleasant buzz of alcohol warming her veins, when they ran full force into someone, the cool stickiness of ketchup and mustard and who knows what else seeping through their shirt and clinging to their chest.

"Well fuck," Shiloh hissed as the person they'd run into frantically started trying to wipe away the stain. Eventually, Shiloh reached up to gently swat the hand away. In one swift movement, Shiloh pulled off their shirt and flipped it inside out, using the inside of the fabric to wipe the remaining condiments from their skin. "Thank fuck for bathing suits, yeah?"

No longer covered in someone's dinner, Shiloh took the person in front of her in, her cool eyes trailing lazily up and down the person's body with a playful glint in her gaze.

"You're a bit polished for the beach, yeah? The blazer is a good look love but honestly, I'd say you should strip down and enjoy yourself a bit. You're on a bloody beach, get wet," Shiloh winked, "unless of course you're here on business. I heard there's brass here. That wouldn't happen to be you, would it?"

Shiloh leaned in, an impish grin tugging at their lips as a hand brushed through their blue hair. "I'm Shiloh. Say, Miss Cop, you wouldn't happen to know if there's anyone that would like to take a dip with me nearby, do you? I gotta get cleaned up after someone spilled their dinner on me."
coded by natasha.

scroll

the wild one.

dallas beck.

mood.

amused.

the bonfire.

interactions

bethie & chloe

Dallas took another slug of her beer and reached into her bag to grab a cigarette. She lit it and took a drag, trying to ground herself in the moment. When Bethie had mentioned karaoke, Dallas visibly cringed.

And soon enough, Chloe was pulling them towards it. Dallas faked a groan as she walked. But when Chloe mentioned shots, Dallas immediately perked up.

"Shots. Yes. Tequila shots."
She grinned wide, knowing she was the wildest out of her besties. Dallas loved tequila, like an unhealthy amount of loving it.

"The real question is what song are we all singing?"
Dallas was bold, but she wasn't near drunk enough to be so bold that she would sing karaoke alone.

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

the trauma surgeon.

charlie lovelace.

mood.

slightly flirty.

the bonfire.

interactions

jack.

Charlie smiled; her heart warmed as she listened to Jack talk about Hannah. He talked about Hannah, the way she talked about Atlas. She wished that James had gotten to meet Atlas, he had been so excited when Char got pregnant.

"He's a little firecracker, that's for sure. Especially with being around his 3 uncles. I'm pretty sure they're the ones who triggered the terrible twos, just in the month."
She smiled as she spoke about her baby.

"He's obsessed with cars and motorcycles, thanks to Jude. He also likes dinosaurs and goddamn Paw Patrol. He's so obsessed, he said he wants me to have another baby and name him Chase."

She paused before asking a risky question,
"Would you ever have any more kids?"
. It was a blunt question, but she was genuinely curious.

♡coded by uxie♡

astrid cho
scroll
MOOD
relaxed
outfit
tags
Having this conversation with Jeremy didn’t feel awkward, but it did feel strange. After all, this was the same guy she once tutored in math back when she was in high school, and now they were both adults. “yeah he’s just into different things than I am.” Jeremy said, which made Astrid let out a small chuckle.
“You are right. He got into med school and his ego skyrocketed to the roof, but he is still the same guy.”

When Jeremy told her about how he worked in the mechanic shop, Astrid hid her disappointment not because she considered being a mechanic a distasteful job, but because even when they were younger she always knew he had great potential and was meant to achieve great things even if she never actually said it back then, she was sure that it would happen so hearing those words coming from the guy it almost felt heartbreaking, but while something inside her wanted to say that he had more potential that he believed, she decided to stay quiet if he was happy with it, she was no one to tell him what to do.

“Wish I could say the same. Being back at Harbour feels wrong.”
She said with a small shrug.
“Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like I hate it. I mean, my parents are happy that I am back and my new job is going to pay me well. I have been gone for so long that now returning feels like I am stepping backward rather than forward. But don’t mind me. I am probably overthinking because of the stress of moving again.”

Astrid let out a small laugh when Jeremy called her a newbie as she followed him toward the bar. While there was a special drink for the event, the girl still decided to choose an Aperol Spritz as her drink of choice, as she wasn’t a fan of the stouts, but it seemed Jeremy was, in fact, in favor of trying it.

“So how’s your life been? Like what have I missed while I was gone? Did you finally get the courage to ask on a date that mysterious girl you had a crush on growing up?”
She asked in a teasing tone.
“Can’t believe not even David ever found out who she was. He was your best friend, and he never knew, although I guess male friendships work differently than female friendships in that kind of thing.”
She added with a chuckle.

“My bet was on that girl with whom you two were classmates back then. I think her name was Lily, if I remember correctly. She seemed like your type. You know, the whole girl-next-door vibe. So am I right? Or you are going to still keep it as a secret?”

surfaces - come with me
coded by stardust galaxy

blu

the cook

Blu was nervous. Very nervous. Tonight was the night she was going to propose to her girlfriend, Della of two years. She met Della, 5 years ago online, on a page meant for finding friends. She and her clicked instantly, through their time talking to each other, they grew closer and closer. Close enough for Del, to tell her about her then-husband and how he was hurting her. How she had a little girl, and how she was scared.

Blu was pissed, she wanted to go and fight him but she knew that would hurt Della and her daughter, Everleigh instead. So she came up with a plan, a plan to get them out of there. Once the plan was in motion, she told her that it wasn't safe for them to meet up until she was sure she was free of his control as she didn't want him to find them. So they spent most of the three years apart, staying in touch as Della went through her divorce, and finding her ownself.

That's when Blu realized through online, and video chats that they had. She had fallen in love with her. Not wanting to influnce her choices, she stayed slient when it blew up in her face. Della told her that she had also fallen in love with her, knowing that she didn't feel the same. Before she could even say anything Della went radio silent. It was three weeks of nothing before Blu decided enough was enough. She flew out and found her, and told her the truth. How much she loved her, how much she wanted her. That's how they started dating, after a year of being long distance. Della moved down to Harbour to be with her.

They moved into a tiny little house together and they became a little family. Everleigh started calling her Mama, and she loved that little girl with all her heart. And now she was ready to take the next step.

She was ready to marry her.

Della was out following a scavenger hunt that Blu had made. Everleigh was out at an sleepover with her friends. And now she gotten an notice from her friends that Della was heading towards her. She had lit up their background in fairy lights, and she was standing at the center, waiting for her.

Waiting to ask her the biggest question of her life.
"I got this...I do got this....I don't got this, what the fuck was I thinking, she will never say yes."

♡coded by uxie♡

isa

the mechanic

Isa was confused. Why in the heck was she going to Trent to look at his car after getting off of work. Why the hell did she even get off of work, she was working an graveyard shift. Trying to fix a car before the morning, but then Trent texted her and everything changed. All she wanted to do after that was get off of work. Jasmine was still at her babysitter, so she decided what the fuck. So she got one of the guys to cover of her. And off she went.

She waited for him to text back his location, and changed into her clothes and not her work overalls. She sped off, and headed to him. As she drove, she remembered the first time she met Trent. It was only after getting to know his sister when they were younger. Mere was a close friend of her, one could even call her, her best friend. With Mere, there was always Trent. Her older brother who Isa, couldn't help but admire. He was cute, and so out of her league. Maybe before Jasmine, but now she had a kid to think about and so did he.

No one wanted to date an teenage mother.

So she kept herself quiet on her crush on him but no matter what her eyes couldn't help but follow him. Now here she was, speeding off to meet him all because he said that he needed her.

She was such a fucking sap. Isa pulled up to where Trent was.
"Ok, here I am, let's see what's wrong with the beauty"

♡coded by uxie♡

• THE VET TECH.

hearing dal’s groans when she had basically dragged them both up to get shots made chloe laugh. she needed liquid courage to get infront of everyone to sing, but when dallas mentioned tequila it made chloe perk up. “tequila? you play a dangerous game, dallas.” she giggled before ordering twuils herself.

she couldn’t help but to notice august and alyssa again, she caught herself staring. before anyone had noticed she turned back to her girlfriends, before proposing a toast with their tequila shots.

“to one life, and making it worth living.” she said with a smile before tossing back her shot. the heat of the alcohol flooding down her throat made her wince a little before chasing it with what was left of her beer.

“you guys pick, i’m up for anything.” she laughed with a shrug.

chloe.
    code by birth of venus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back