• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice It Is the Tide, Act 1

[dice]8626[/dice]

So I can take the 22 and float the 2 "0s" since my rolls have been crappy, and I seem adept at not duplicating any dice. If I am picking up the system right I think that is how it is supposed to work.

You can. But your style isn't as slow as the one blackadder is using, so if you take the 22, it's a 27 result. Since initiative is the primary purpose of this roll—attacking is the same on the attack roll, and any defenses on a defense roll—you can use a single die to do it. So you could take your one 9, for 19, and the speed of Subtle Force makes that a 24 result. Zombies aren't really defined by seizing initiative, so you'd still act first. As for what you'd do with the spare pair, this is when you'd do the minor action with Medicine to study their construction and look for weak points. If you pass 30, which you do with either pair, you laugh at their defenses until they beat your roll with Hardiness on their defense roll. Not as big a boost as just using Mirthful Fox Plays with her Shadow, but you don't have to pay anything to keep taking advantage of your acumen.

[dice]8632[/dice]

So that's 15 up, +10 for damage, and that makes two ripples. I think the ranch-hands can finish this off, after you wiped out half the original mob in two rounds. I'll make this pretty in a bit.

Oh, and @Blackadder, I'm tweaking Titan of the Streets in your favor. The die you pay to use the improvised weapon can also fuel the weapon's flood ability in the same round. Since I've incorporated reduced weapon stats and actual disarming, that technique is both more important and less powerful. Needed something.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't remember where the roll of storytellers post got off to, but I should track it down and add Batman Gambit to my list of tropes employed.

Which is to say, thank you.

[QUOTE="Shining Lotus Sage]If it would help, I'll whip something up later tonight.

[/QUOTE]
I think it would be fun to see the tropes you've used.

Shining Lotus Sage]hey yo [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/8989-hellrazoromega/ said:
@hellrazoromega[/URL] .

I see you have incorporated the attacking and the analysis into one post. So go ahead and roll me some dice, because you're up in your turn order.

(7d10, specifically)
[dice]8839[/dice]

So can I use the pair of nines on one and the pair of fours on the other?

[QUOTE="Shining Lotus Sage]One and the other what?

[/QUOTE]
The analysis for weak points and the attack.

Okay. I have very clear direction on what I'm going to need to clear up when we recap. The short answer is that you already succeeded on the analysis with the other roll. You can use one of those pairs for an attack, and one for something else, like last round.

[QUOTE="Shining Lotus Sage]Okay. I have very clear direction on what I'm going to need to clear up when we recap. The short answer is that you already succeeded on the analysis with the other roll. You can use one of those pairs for an attack, and one for something else, like last round.

[/QUOTE]
Ah, yes that was may mistake,I had forgotten I had used that other roll last round to to the analysis----sorry lot going on in RL right now so it slipped my mind. So I will use the 24 since against minions since it should be more than enough and float the 29.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay. I'm huddling under an awning during torrential downpour, so tell me your style's Strike and Damage ratings. I'll roll defense here. You now have a pair of 9s in the River.

[dice]8855[/dice]

Also, everyone, sorry I've been slow. Work projects that involved a ton of HUAW are over, new one is explicitly more than can be completed by deadline, and must be completed by deadline anyway. Civil service is so fulfilling. I used to post during downtime that no longer exists, and I'm trying to reschedule some.

[QUOTE="Shining Lotus Sage]Okay. I'm huddling under an awning during torrential downpour, so tell me your style's Strike and Damage ratings. I'll roll defense here. You now have a pair of 9s in the River.
[dice]8855[/dice]

Also, everyone, sorry I've been slow. Work projects that involved a ton of HUAW are over, new one is explicitly more than can be completed by deadline, and must be completed by deadline anyway. Civil service is so fulfilling. I used to post during downtime that no longer exists, and I'm trying to reschedule some.

Strike +10, Damage 0.

[/QUOTE]

So your strike was 34 against 15, meaning you hit. And its overall quality was 34 against 10 is 24, so you're in the 20<net<40 range. Two ripples, and you would have forced a more durable opponent to roll their total ripples.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back