• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

I'll Tolerate You Because You're Paying Half The Bills((~Play and Remy~~Closed~))

Deep down, Bryn knew it was incredibly stupid to believe him. Of course he could hear her. But it didn't stop her from mirroring his movement, shuffling forward until they were just inches apart.

"No offense, kinda hoped it'd be longer!" She admitted, the redness slightly fading. "This is not my usual night past time, I was forced along." She assured him, gesturing to the dress. Well, what there was of if. It covered the essentials, but not much else.

"Don't play me for stupid, Alex. You wouldn't know professional if it danced naked in front of you." She chided, a bit stunned at her own daring. She should drink more often. She finished the last dregs of her second margarita, knowing she'd regret it sooner rather than later.

Dance. Dance? He asked her to dance? She hadn't danced in ages, and she wouldn't probably fall if she tried to dance like some of the other people on the floor. And most of the women were grinding all over their male partners. Sober, Bryn wouldn't have considered it for a second. Slightly drunk.... Well, she only lived once. She hadn't started yet. Better late than never.

She took Alex's hand, throat a bit dry, and pulled him onto the dance floor. She had no idea what she was doing, but emulation was her strongest ally. She slowly mimicked the moves of other girls around her, mostly consisting of rubbing her body inappropriately all over his. Jane would be proud, which was normally a sign to stop and run. She ignored her common sense screaming in her ear, pulling herself close to Alex and continuing the sensual, inappropriate dancing.

Her first thought was confusion. This was entertaining to some people? She was already bored. It didn't sink in until she saw one couple leave together, unable to keep their hands off of each other. Oh. The dancing was foreplay. This was what couples did to hook up. She blushed again, but didn't stop. Would it be so terrible to sleep with Alex? He probably had a lot of experience, and he'd no doubt be willing to sleep with his roommate.

@ReminiscenceOfRegret

"Ah, ah, ah." Alex chided, smirk prominent on his face despite the horrid lighting. He let his gaze sweep across the crowd, although he didn't need to. He knew what was going on around him, how similar the dancing was to what was going on with Bryn. It was uninteresting because Alex always liked to stick out in a crowd. He wanted to be different, maybe because he liked attention so much. He quickly leaned down, dipping his head dangerously close to her ear to whisper to her. "Are you fooling with me? You didn't seem like the type to go with the flow earlier. C'mon, tell me there's some fire in your spirit! Or does this teacher need a dancing lesson? Let me lead you through what I like to call real dancing."

Without any warning, he grabbed at her hands and began moving. It wasn't a specific type of style, really. Honestly it was a lot of random movements, though they looked graceful nonetheless. He liked to move quickly to the beat of the song, but he also enjoyed throwing in spins and twists here and there. All of which were for her to receive, because as a guy owning a leather jacket he refused to do such a thing. All the while he grinned from ear to ear, knowing that the movements would be somewhat clumsy because of the drinks they'd had.

He liked to do things out of the ordinary. He liked to be doing something no one else would do. And surely, during this time, he would definitely keep himself from being jumbled up with all the other occupants. Let's just say he was picky. Maybe not in how he dressed or how he lived, but definitely in other things. Like standing too close to the people dancing that looked like they may fall over in a moment. Or his car. Y'know, the important stuff.

More than that, he liked to dance. It was probably because his parents had forced him through dancing lessons his last year of middle school. Secretly, he'd practiced in his room throughout high school. No self respecting guy like him did it in front of people for talent shows and such. No, they waited for a school dance so they could sweep some girl off their feet.

Suddenly, he moved to dip her own and brought his face just inches from hers. "Maybe professional just means something different to the both of us." He replied huskily, closing the distance. He brushed his lips against hers gently at first, just to ensure she wasn't going to hit him instantly. Didn't want to damage the cute face, eh?

Bryn gripped his shoulders tightly when he started to move in earnest, eyes widening slightly. Oh, shoot. This was exactly what she'd been afraid of. He was obviously much more practiced in dancing. But his words fired up her limited sense of pride, and she found herself dancing along with him, laughing as she did.

She knew what would happen. She didn't stop it, instead continuing to dance. Ah, dancing. A cruel mistress to someone such as Bryn. She'd been more athletic in her youth, and dancing had been a hobby of hers. But being a nerd had always been in her, and she hadn't ever been the type to be asked out. She'd gone to her senior prom with Jane, still less humiliating than going alone.

She wasn't social, she wasn't seductive, she sure as heck wasn't a good dancer anymore. She had no idea why Alex seemed interested in her. Was it really just because she had two legs, and what was between them? That'd be a bit sad, on his part. If he was that easy, it'd be a depressing life. No challenge in finding the right person.

She felt it when he started to dip her, and his words made her flush once again. "Apparently we do." She managed, arms wrapped securely around his neck. She felt his lips brush against hers. She turned into someone else. She didn't think, she didn't plan. She just reacted.

Without a second's hesitation, she tightened her grip on him and kissed him. She didn't wait long before deepening it, fueled by alcohol and a bravery unknown to her. Actually, probably just alcohol, and being drunk. But that was all it took for her to make a stupid decision. She kissed him back.

"Why don't you get the hell away from her?" A terrifyingly familiar voice. She pushed herself away from Alex so forcefully that she fell onto the ground, still scrambling away from the guy next to Alex. Tyler. He was holding his phone, and he revealed the screen, which showed the pictures of them kissing. He turned to Alex nonchalantly. "Your Internet trail is really obvious. Found your ex. Your really recent one. Maybe she'd like to see this?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex eyes had widened slightly at the voice, unsure who exactly it was but definitely threatened by the words. He wasn't even sure he'd noticed how Bryn had taken the chance to create some distance between them. He quickly regained his composure, spinning around on his heel with a small smile, only to appear friendly. "Ex? Who do you mean?" He asked, trying to chuckle at his efforts to play dumb...but he couldn't. He knew exactly what ex this dude was talking about. Lola. They'd been together for a while. It was probably the longest relationship he'd had, ever. She was originally supposed to be his roommate, but a argument turned into a break up. He liked to tell people it didn't hurt, because he was supposed to be the type of guy that didn't form attachments....but it had. Sometimes it still did. He liked not to think about it. He slowly shook his head, brushing away those thoughts. "Look, what is this about? And why bring in an old flame? Heck, dude, I don't even know you."

Immediately he glanced from Tyler to Bryn, noting both of their expressions. He wasn't for sure, but the body language Tyler gave off mixed with Bryn's obvious detachment seemed to indicate something had gone on between the two. Something he'd just been made a part of. Something that, if not done correctly, Lola would also become a part of. Alex definitely didn't want that. For numerous reasons.

He felt the urge to help Bryn up, just to defy and test the guy, but he resisted it. That phone could get that picture to Lola in seconds. She'd check it shortly, too. She liked to stay on her phone because of her work. And he didn't want to think of what would happen after.

"What are you? A creeper? Did you follow us here, too?" He must've had something to do with Bryn. Because Alex swore he'd never forget Tyler. Not in the way he was acting right now. He had a fist clenched at his side. He wanted to hit him square in the face, just to knock out whatever plans he was conjuring. He wanted him to know the pain Alex would feel if that picture got sent to her. He finally just shook his head, locking his gaze on Tyler in an unyielding fashion. "Forget it, what do you want from me?"

"Tyler, what the heck are you doing here?" Bryn demanded. Tyler offered her a hand to help her up, but she stubbornly insisted on doing it herself.

"Watching out for you. Keeping the scum away." Tyler scoffed, eyes on Alex.

"He isn't scum, he's my roommate!" Bryn insisted, shoving him hard. He barely moved, smirking slightly.

"Lola would love to see this, I bet. Heard she's still a bit bitter. What'd she post? 'On a break with Alex, hope things get resolved soon'... Guess that won't happen." Tyler laughed. "Allow me to answer your question. I'm Tyler Wilder. Dated Bryn for... What was it?" He asked curiously.

"Five years." She answered immediately, fists clenched.

"Five years. I made a little drunken mistake, and we ended things. But I keep a close eye on her, just in case. Now, what I want is simple. You two live together. That's fine. Have fun, she's a very good roommate. You don't touch her. You don't look at her romantically. You don't think about her romantically. She is not yours, nor will she ever be. Because, let's face it... She'll never get over me." Tyler laughed, but Bryn just flinched. He was right, of course. She never would.

"This is none of your business." She said quietly.

"Sure it is. I'm looking out for you, cher. You think you have a shot for anything serious with this idiot? If you're lucky, you'll end up like poor little Lola. More likely, he'll sleep with you, claim drunkenness as an excuse, and pretend it never happened. You're too innocent for this world, Bryn. It's going to tear you apart." He sighed, feigning sympathy.

"I'm willing to take that risk." She said immediately. If it made him leave, she'd do anything.

"I'm not willing to let you. Care too much." He shrugged.

"Really? How's Melody?" She scoffed, wincing at just the name.

"Wouldn't know. Haven't spoken to her in a while." He shot back.

"I thought she was pregnant." Bryn gasped. She couldn't believe he'd abandon his child.

"Paternity test. Not my kid, not my problem." Tyler explained.

Alex listened to their conversation, a mix between irritated and worried. He definitely didn't want Lola finding out about all of this. Heck, he didn't even have access to that post she'd made, since she'd blocked him and all. He'd resolved their break was officially over when she wouldn't speak to him and had her friends come pick up her things. She wasn't confrontational. He'd known that for years. She was lovely, though. And she didn't deserve to be hurt....not like this. He'd told her for years that he wasn't the type of guy she thought he was. And for a while there, he believed it too. He was nicer, more gentlemanly. He was....there. For her, no matter what. He wanted to say it was true love. Even when he got so angry that she'd left and didn't return his calls, he wanted to believe deep in his heart that it was love. That perhaps other girls just made him forget about all the great memories with her. He could kiss their cheek and listen to them giggle and compare how hers was somehow better. And if this picture got out, he'd never know if it was true or not. Maybe it was the daze talking to him, but he wanted to believe in that idea again.

He wrinkled his nose slightly at Tyler, slightly unnerved by his apathy and his accusations. Even Alex had dignity, which was something this guy didn't seem to have.

"You can bet that I'll watch myself." He quickly paused, cutting in. "What did she say your name was again? Tyler?" He tilted his head, and although his expression was pleasant the inside of him burned with a mixture of emotions. What? Is he going to bug my place? Sue me for bumping into her? He thought, grimly thinking of all the things Tyler could hang over his head. He just hoped the dude stayed far away from him after tonight. If they weren't in such a packed area, Alex was sure he'd jump him. "I'll agree to your terms, but if that picture gets to Lola's and I haven't done anything....You won't have to worry about keeping the scum from her. You'll have to worry about keeping it from you."

He knew it was a threat and he knew he had a lot of lose with saying it. What was the guy going to do? Send it? Pssh, that would be stupid. If Bryn was upset at him now then surely she'd be furious at him for doing that, right? Well, even if she wasn't, it was too late to take back and Alex was way beyond caring. Being controlled by someone like Tyler felt pathetic.

"Do we have a deal?" He asked, and although it was right to shake someone's hand when forming an agreement he didn't extend his arm out in invitation. He refused to shake hands with him.

He wondered how Bryn and Tyler had gone five years together, what with how hadn't liked him from the get go.

Last edited by a moderator:
"No! You don't get to control my life!" Bryn snarled, making a grab for the phone. Tyler dodged easily.

"Go ahead. You'd be surprised how quickly you can have back-ups. Already sent it to a few friends." He warned. "Anything happens to me, it gets sent."

"Why is this such a big deal to you? You cheated on me! With an 18-year old girl!" She cried. He shrugged.

"Looking out for you. Not making the mistake that Alex did with Lola. He let her go. I have no intention of doing that." Tyler said quietly, reaching for her hand. She recoiled so quickly she almost fell down again, making Tyler smirk. "Yea. We have a deal." He said in response to Alex's question. He put his phone in his pocket and started to walk away. Bryn was shaking with rage and humiliation. She didn't give Alex a second glance before following Tyler out.

"What will it take for that picture to disappear?" She demanded, right on his heels. He turned, almost making her crash into him.

"What will it take? Hmm... Let's see... Ask really nicely." Tyler offered. Bryn grit her teeth, but forced a polite tone into her voice.

"Please... Delete the picture and don't share it anywhere. Please." She pleaded.

"Why? What do you care? One would think that you'd be happy that this girl is getting the truth about Alex. Strange that you wouldn't." Tyler sighed.

"I would be. If Alex was the one telling her." She scoffed, feeling a bit hollow. The fun, lightheaded feeling of being drunk was fading with all the seriousness.

"But he never will, or he would've by now. So... Next best option. I'll send it right now, if you want me to." He pulled up the picture, finger hovering over the send button. She hesitated, but shook her head.

"Thats not your choice." She said simply.

Alex watched the two head out, scowling slightly. Letting her go? For real? The dude is delusional. She walked out on me. She left me. She blocked me. She has refused to see me. How was I supposed to know? His thoughts were raging, his mind boggled. The music seemed to make his head throb now. The girl from earlier strolled over to him, lipstick plastered on her lips as if ready for a kiss. She grabbed onto his arm and leaned over to him, smiling softly.

"That looked pretty serious. Something wrong?" He glanced to her, resisting the urge to roll his eyes. If he wanted to talk to anyone, it surely wouldn't be this girl he'd only known for a couple of hours. He slipped his arm out of her grip and took a step back, waving his hand dismissively at the girl. Her face fell, before she gave him a pout. "Don't you want to talk about it?"

"No, not really. I'd prefer going home." He took a step to the door. He felt her reach to grab his hand, but thankfully he avoided her grasp.

"C'mon, stay. It'll be a night of dancing. Isn't that fun?"

"I don't want to stay. And I'm not. I'm going home." He turned to her as he spoke, a stern tone to his voice. The girl froze momentarily, shocked at the change, before nodding slowly.

"Fine. Have it your way." She retorted before walking off, pleasant demeanor having faded due to the rejection.

Alex had just gotten outside before getting a phone call. Great. He thought, assuming it was someone he didn't want to talk. He pulled out his phone only to see that it was Cody. He took a moment to compose himself before answering. "Hello?"

"Alex! I just got the best news! That girl I was with earlier - you remember her, right? - accepted my invitation to the movies! We're going on a date! I'm going on a date!" The excitement in his voice was hard to miss.

"Really? That's...That's great, buddy."

"Of course! Anyways...where are you? I don't see you anywhere."

"Outside the club. I'm about to go home. Just hasn't been my night. You good for a ride?" He didn't want to ruin Cody's evening. When the male agreed that he could get home safely they hung up after a few short exchanges. He walked along, not even bothering to see where Tyler and Bryn headed off to. As he got in his car he looked over his social media, seeing that Lola still had him blocked. He threw his phone down into the floorboard and hit his fist against the steering wheel. How was he supposed to know?! How?! After a few moments of heavy breathing he put the keys in the ignition and started the car, letting the sound of the engine running flood his mind. He hoped it would drown out the sound of his thoughts.

After a moment he put the car in drive and prepared to go home, thinking of ways he could ruin Tyler's life.

Bryn didn't have a ride home, and there was no way in hell she was driving back with Tyler. It started to rain outside, making her want to scream, but she still walked back to his loft. It was closer than her parents' apartment, although it might've been smarter to avoid him.

Why? It's not like he'd touch me...

The bitter tone was obvious even in her thoughts. She'd sobered up pretty well during the event, so she probably wouldn't let Alex touch her if he tried. But she couldn't forget the fact that he kissed her. She'd kissed him. Whatever. It had been so different than what she'd been used to.

What would it have been like if Tyler hadn't showed up? Would she have... No, probably not. Actually, yes, she would've. She was the worst kind of drunk. Stupid. She would've slept with her roommate because she just hadn't been thinking. It was almost a good thing Tyler had stopped them.

She arrived at Alex's loft after almost half an hour of walking. She was drenched, and shivering violently. It was almost bad enough to make her regret not taking Tyler's offer of a ride. Almost. But she just unlocked the door with her key, not looking for Alex, and walked into their shared bathroom. She technically lived there, although she hadn't moved in yet. She could take a shower. She closed the door behind her, not locking it accidentally, and stripped down quickly, stepping into the shower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back