• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Hunt on the Deviants

Tommy saw demons dancing in the fire; the man called out towards them, wanting answers. "Where the hell am I?!" The bigger demon stood from the fire and held Tommy's body, burning him. "You're in hell, boy..." The rest was demon talk. Tommy screamed in pain from the fire, but his skin was still pristine. He dropped to his knees and shouted towards the fiery cavern. "Who's ass do I gotta kick to get the fuck out of here?!?!" The larger demon removed his hands from Tommy's waist and shouted. "Del Fuzza! Del Fuzza!!!" The whole crowd shouted the same name. A huge demon; probably the size of a sky scraper lifted himself from the fire, his face slowly creeping towards Tommy. "Good luck..."

Leven set to work immediatly, not exactly sure what he was doing since he'd never done anything like this before. He turned towards Mac and started by getting some antiseptic and dabbing it on the open wounds, cuts and burns, and then he unwraveled the guaze. Soon enough he set to work wrapping the places Lucina had told him too. Logic said it should be tight, so that's what he did, but Leven still wasn't sure that he was doing this correctly. As soon as he finished wrapping the wounds on Mac he repeated the process with the major injuries on Eizan as well. It was quite tedious work, and every once in a while Leven found himself getting distracted with watching Lucina work. But he snapped him self back and kept going. I sure as hell hope I'm soing this right..

Tommy's arm was still in bad shape, but at least it wasn't loosing blood now. The main hope she had was that he hadn't already lost too much. She pushed that thought aside, moving to work on his burnt face. The burns were mostly along his jawline, thankfully, and not severe enough to warrant much concern. He wouldn't have any scars. She passed her hand along his face once, his own blood trailing after her fingertips. The smell burns became tiny pink blisters.

She began unbuttoning his shirt, wincing when she saw the state of his bare chest. Every single one of his ribs were broken, and the burns here were worse than the minor ones on his face. She gagged for a moment over the smell of burnt flesh that assaulted her nose, before gently placing her hands on either side of his rib cage.

She felt the bones twisting beneath her fingers, making painful snapping noises as they popped back into place. The burns here were third degree, but the best she could do for now was make them second degree. She was running out of energy fast, and she still had two other people to fix. She buttoned up Tommy's shirt again and attempted to stand, but her legs didn't seem to want to co-operate. "Ari!" She yelled over at the shy girl, her voice surprising her with how calm it was. "Could you, uh, give me a hand?"

@Hansaki

Last edited by a moderator:
Leven looked up and upon seeing what was happening rushed to finish the wrapping before crouching beside Lucina, studying the incredible burns covering Tommy's bare chest and stomach. He gritted his teeth and shook his head slightly, how had all of this gotten so intense?

Leven had watched the first part of the fight, and it was bad then for the reason they had for coming to blows. But all of this? For fucks sake Tommy almost died. He couldn't even remember ehat they were fighting about. And even if they were just strangers Leven wouldn't wish people becoming so violent under any circumstance.

He frowned as he saw Lucina stagger and realized that what with all she had already done her energy must be depletong quickly. Leven doubted that she would be able to help much more.

"Is there anything I can do to help? Maybe I could offer some of my power or something..?"

Power transfer? She had no idea if that would work at all. She hardly knew how much she could do, today was the most she'd ever tried. "I don't k-know," she stammered, looking up at Leven apologetically. "Could you bring me Eizan, or t-take me to him? I think I can still do... something," she finished, glancing down at her shaking hands uncertainly. She would do what she could for Eizan and Mac, but she wanted to start with Eizan. Mac was unconscious and had some broken bones, but Eizan had all of that and severe burns. Sorry Mac, she thought sadly, glancing over at him guiltily.

Leven nodded quickly and went back to Eizan, hurriedly but gingerly carrying him over. From all the physical exertion the man had done today his glasses cinstantly slipped down his nose, which was slick with sweat.

Leven set the injured Deviant down and pushed his glasses up, kneeling across from Lucina and fidgeting with his hands.

Fuck, he hated this, being stuck right next to someone so badly injured and being helpless to do anything. Leven had a flash of envy for Lucina, she was so lucky to be able to help people with her power, his seemed useless at a time like this. But he clenched and unclenched his fist, quickly shaking it off. Jealousy was not something they needed right now, he needed to put his emotiona aside and focus on trying to help.

"Can, can we at least try? I don't want to be useless, I want to help, it's painful to juat sit here watching while you're working so hard."

Lucina nodded slowly, looking over Eizan at Leven. She wasn't as hurried or scared anymore now that she'd done all she could for Tommy. The other two weren't going to die, it was just a matter of lessening the pain they would feel whenever they woke up. She clenched her hands into fists, trying to keep them from trembling. "You weren't useless," she assured him, pointing with her chin at the bandages he'd put on Eizan. "So, how do we do this?" She really had no idea how you would go about taking energy from someone else, or if it was even possible.

Suddenly; Tommy coughed up a shit ton of blood and sprawled awake. He was still extremely fucked up, and still couldn't move his left arm. He rolled to his side and curled into a ball, holding his left shoulder with his right hand. "Fuck..." He seemed to have forgotten the battle with the demon; and maybe it was best that he did.

Leven jumped at the sound of Tommy's cough, and spun his head around. He stiffened slightly, he still didn't like this guy, he made Leven get incredibly suspicious and pissed and even more unsure of himself than he already was. But when a guy's dying, or at least drastically injured, you push aside your feelings and help out. It's human nature.

So Leven stood and walked around Eizan to kneel by Tommy, nudging his uninjured, or at least less injured shoulder.

"Ey. You're pretty fucked up. How ya feeling."

He asked gruffly, expression blank and stpic in an attempt to hide his slight reluctance to offer help. Leven crossed his legs and straightened his back, putting his hands on his ankles while he watched Tommy.

Lucina's fingers twitched. Tommy was still the most injured person in the room, she wanted to go to him. But she forced herself to focus on Eizan. His burns were the most pressing matter. She wrinkled her nose against the terrible smell and gently placed her hands over the worst of his burns, wincing at the feeling of the charred flesh. The healing was coming a lot slower now, she was definitely losing steam. She felt her pulse in her neck. Lucina clenched her jaw, ignoring her screaming muscles and the fatigue that was settling in.

"Come on, wake up," she mumbled to the unconscious boy. If Eizan would wake up she'd feel better about going to help Tommy or Mac. She glanced at Leven appreciatively, glad he was caring for Tommy.

"... Why'd y'all even save me..." Tommy rolled over to his back and lifted his right hand into the air, looking at his checkmarks. Tommy's cellphone began to ring, it was probably the 'old man'. Tommy answered and replied with a simple comment. "Nah... They got away." Silence was on the other end of the phone, Tommy's eyes then began to widen. "If... If you hurt her..." Tommy started spazzing again, dropping his cellphone. A tear rolled down his face as he looked at his phone, a small explosion could be heard in the distance.

Eizan groaned, his eyes opened slowly "Am... I alive? Wha-what happened..." his voice was very rough, and his breathing still weak, he wouldn't be able to use his power for at least 2 days after this fight, that was one of it's drawbacks.

Mac slowly sat up. "Yea, good question. Why did you save him." He said, glaring at tommy. "He was probably out to kill all of us."

Leven shrugged, looking down at hia hands and avoiding eye content with both of the guys.

"We're only people. Being deviants makes no difference. If you see a peraon in danger or injured you help them. No question about it."

He trailed off as the phone was answered and raised an eyebrow at Tommy's words. Leven then narrowed his eyes slightly, 'they got away'? Who was they? And what did they get away from? But the nezt words made Leven's eyes widen again. 'Hurt her' he'd said,and now this crazy, confisent bastard was, well, crying.

"Whoa, man what happened? A-are you ok? Did something happen?"

"Fine then." He looked at leven. "But when he kills one of us, you have no one to blame but yourself. And he will. People don't learn." He stood up and brushed himself off.

"You're fine," Lucina said hurriedly, her voice unsure. "Where does it hurt the most?" She asked the silver haired boy casually, her bloody hands hovering over him. She didn't like how shallow his breathing was. She glanced up at Mac in relief. He seemed to be okay. He was making her paranoid - what had happened? She still figured that this was just a fight that had gotten way out of hand. @DramonFire

Enter: Old Man.

The old man was outside Tommy's house, detonator in hand. He knew Tommy was sheltering his deviant daughter for some time; he just wanted to use Tommy for his skills, and willingness to kill for her. The old man reluctantly stowed the detonator in his pocket and walked towards the house door, knocking lightly. A young woman with red-pinkish hair opened the door, still wearing her night gown. "Uh... Hey there... Tommy's not in..." Claire found the Old Man to be incredibly scary to her, even with Tommy around. "Awe, it's all good young lady... I'm not here for Tommy..." Claire's face became extremely pale; did he find out about her daughter? She stood no chance against this man, reluctantly letting him inside. "Um... Come inside, let me get you something to drink?" Claire quickly made her way into the kitchen, taking a knife from one of the drawers. She stashed the knife underneath her gown and grabbed a soda, walking back into the living room. She dropped the soda and drew the knife when she saw the old man carrying little Sheri. "Don't you fucking touch her..." The Old Man simply chuckled a little, detonator in hand. "Wouldn't be wise to question my authority... You know what I can do. Meet me upstairs, we can discuss this more in your bedroom..." The coldest tone left his mouth, leaving Claire almost dead pale in worry and grief. She dropped the knife and quietly and nervously walked up the stairs, The Old Man following close behind her.

An hour later, the old man left the house. A big smile crossed his face as he gave Tommy a call and realized he failed. The Old Man pulled the detonator from his pocket and waltzed down the street, pushing the button and blowing up Tommy's home. He looked toward the explosion and whistled slightly, taking out a weird pen from his other pocket and adding two more checkmarks to his left arm.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Tommy...?" Ari's voice was quiet and shaky. "Is everything okay? I..I know you.." Her voice broke as she took a step back. The overwhelming sense of grief she felt made her want to cry. She turned away, muttering an almost unintelligible apology, sitting as far from the others as she could.

@Brown

Leven gave Mac a dirty look, scowling slightly before he turned back to Tommy.

"What the hell is he talking about?" He asked, raising an eyebrow and for not the first time regarding the stranger with suspicion. And then he realized something about what Mac had said, and remembered the conversation he'd heard earlier. Leven's eyes widened slightly amd he stood up, taking a step away from Tommy.

"You've been lying to us. Shit. I can't believe I was stuoid enough to believe you." He spun and regarded the other deviants in the room, if he could call them that. Now his guard was up again, that nervous, unsure, untrusting part of him back.

"As a matter of fact I shouldn't have believed any of you. Who knows that you are who you say you are? What you say you are? How the fuck are we supposed to trust a bunch of strangers we've just met? One of you turned out to be a hunter. There's no reason anyone else couldn't be hunters as well. Any one of yiu could stab me, or anyone else in the back the moment we turn away. Think about it!! We could all be seen as targets in the eyes of someone else in the room, we barely know eachothers names for fucks sake and we're trusting eachother with an insanely dangerous secret!? This is crazy."

Leven growled, his voice growing steadily louder until it cracked, revealing his growing nervousness while he took large steps backwards, looking at each face in a new suspisious and unsure light. This was a bad idea. Horrible. Leven should never have stayed in the room, he should have left when he got the chance.

Ari didn't say anything, an immense sense of guilt choking her. She shut her eyes, trying to ease her shaking. She hugged herself, silently looking downwards. Her legs folded together, making her shrink into her chair. She wanted to disappear. Hell, she wasn't really a deviant like the others. Tears slipped down her face, the stress of all this weighing on her.

Tommy stood up, ignoring all the pain and anguish telling him to do the opposite. Fuck his left arm, he didn't need it anymore. He slowly started walking out of the gymnasium, his left arm dangling while his right hand was in his pocket. He walked over and picked up his sunglasses and put them on, anything to hide the tears. He turned his head to look at all the rest. "Fuck it... Hope y'all were 'worth' it..." He then started slowly walking towards the exit.

He yelled at Tommy as he left. "That's right! I better never see you around here again! Tell all your hunter buddies what'll happen if they come for us!"

She internally scolded herself, shutting her eyes quietly. She'd let her guard down. Made friends with someone who wanted to kill her, if she could call it that. Anyone who bothered to talk to her was her friend, she was just that pathetic and desperate. The air was heavy, her head aching from all the emotional chaos around her.

"Tommy! You won't get far in that state!" Lucina cried. Leven and Ari were having a mental breakdown, Mac was angry, and now Tommy was trying to walk out the door with blood trailing behind him. "Please, just let me fix you up," she mumbled. She knew she couldn't do much more, but that was better than letting him pass out and die on the street after she'd already worked so hard on him.

@Brown

Users who are viewing this thread

Back