• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Humanity - Ch 1 OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Darkbloom Darkbloom how long has it been since the collapse? Like, within these characters' lifetimes or would they have been born into dystopia?
Great question! The environmental collapse happened 100 years ago, well before any of the researchers were alive.

Great question! The environmental collapse happened 100 years ago, well before any of the researchers were alive.
Oh good to know, lol. Maybe i should rethink all the death in their backstories lollll

Darkbloom Darkbloom just checking, how apocalypsy is the world for this RP? Like has every skyscraper on the planet collapsed or is there still a McDonalds on every other street?

Darkbloom Darkbloom just checking, how apocalypsy is the world for this RP? Like has every skyscraper on the planet collapsed or is there still a McDonalds on every other street?
Just about every skyscraper has collapsed. McDonald's is a thing of the distant past, as well as all of the popular places and destinations we know.

Hm hm okay, no Mcdonalds (RIP).

How about society then? Are money and laws still around to keep people from killing each other or are we in full Mad Max, no laws, survival of the fittest mode.

Sorry if you've answered these questions somewhere else already btw. I've been looking but I'm a dummy and couldn't find any answers

No one has really asked yet 😋 but I have all the answers to all the potential questions. :D

Society is characterized by a state of disarray and fragmentation in the aftermath of the environmental collapse and other cataclysmic events. The once-dominant structures of government and civilization have crumbled, giving way to a patchwork of isolated communities, nomadic tribes, and authoritarian regimes vying for power and resources.

Within this fractured landscape, pockets of civilization still cling to existence, sheltered within fortified enclaves or hidden sanctuaries like Sanctuary. These communities struggle to maintain order and stability amidst the chaos, often resorting to drastic measures to ensure their survival.

At the same time, the outside world teems with danger and uncertainty, with lawlessness, violence, and desperation prevailing in many areas. Scavengers roam the wastelands in search of resources, mutated creatures lurk in the shadows, and rival factions vie for control of territory and scarce supplies.

Despite the bleakness of their surroundings, there are pockets of hope and resilience scattered throughout society. Individuals and groups band together in solidarity, forming alliances and forging bonds of friendship and kinship to weather the storms of adversity. In the face of overwhelming odds, they cling to the belief that humanity's capacity for compassion and cooperation will ultimately prevail, paving the way for a brighter future amidst the darkness of the apocalypse.

By the way, think of Eve and anything it does/generates as an NPC that y'all can have free reign with. So any/all of you have full access to the maps its generating, can say when we get them, and Darkbloom Darkbloom , if I send Eve into an area you know to be dangerous and that the inhabitants - human or otherwise - won't let Eve leave undamaged, you can do that as well. Koran will be out for blood, but I'll take absolutely no offense.

So there's two posts up. If you don't know how to begin, your character can go about studying the area you've all found in terms of your respective fields of study.

Okay I’m here sorry was out of town for a bit!!

Im not exactly sure where to stick my character would he be wondering about or something?

Okay I’m here sorry was out of town for a bit!!

Im not exactly sure where to stick my character would he be wondering about or something?
You can use his goals and motivations you wrote. I think he's the one character that can bring all the other researchers into play by interacting with them to make sure everything and everyone is accounted for. Of course, there's likely not much to keep track of since the grueling journey thus far has depleted most of the team's resources.

You can use his goals and motivations you wrote. I think he's the one character that can bring all the other researchers into play by interacting with them to make sure everything and everyone is accounted for. Of course, there's likely not much to keep track of since the grueling journey thus far has depleted most of the team's resources.
I feel like he might also keep attract of stuff like food and water to ensure a brawl don’t break out over it all?

I was reading up and it said supplies were mentioned on being low in inventory

how bizarre that I don't get a single notification for this thread

the way that I'm feral checking for notifications like i need it to survive lmaoo

I feel like he might also keep attract of stuff like food and water to ensure a brawl don’t break out over it all?

I was reading up and it said supplies were mentioned on being low in inventory
Sounds reasonable

I do got a question!!

I was thinking of hosting my own little group for a rp concerning a oc I have!

He’s a dollmaker and it’s supposed to be a mystery surrounding him and people going missing in the town they’re all residing in would any of ya be interested?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Wyll
Back