• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom "Harry Potter Universe": Triwizard Tournament!

MagicPocket

EMT Extraordinaire
Hello Muggles!

Cool. So I'm looking for a couple partners to do a Harry Potter roleplay with. OC with maybe some occasional NPC interaction with canon characters. Taking place after the battle of Hogwarts around the time when Harry, Ron, and Hermione's kids are in school--I just can't pass up the possibility for those cameos.

Before I get too deep into ideas I have some other things to bring up.

I've had some seriously great partners in the past, however, majority of the time I end up taking the brunt of the plot-developing-idea-making work. And what I need from you is a partnership where we can both contribute and make a seriously rich story we enjoy writing for. I love pitching ideas, hearing them, and discussing them. 

For everything else, I'm looking for the usual creative, literate roleplayer. Spelling, grammar, real-picture face claims, true to universe characters--meaning no crazy over-the-top-look-at-how-unique-my-character-is--also, partners with the ability to play auxiliary-side-secondary-npc-whatever characters.

And if I'm really lucky partners willing to post a couple times a week, or even once a day (which would be fantastic but not totally necessary). I don't have a specific length to any of my posts, I write til I get my point across which could be half a novella or a single paragraph.

Longevity would also be nice, it has always been something I strive for I have rps from years ago I still write on, but I would like to try to get as far as we can with the plot! 

Back to the story. Goblet of Fire was by far my favorite book in the series, I am still totally enamored with the universe it opened up for the series--at least to me. That being said I would love to have my own Triwizard Tournament. I have several ideas for potential challenges. And I am opening it up to the other wizarding schools, Hogwarts, Uagadau a school in Africa, and Beauxbatons. Our story will take place at Beauxbatons and in addition to having my characters made and ready right off the bat, any player who joins us will be in store for quite a story. I typically play male leads and occasionally will have female leads. Our story can include romance at your discretion. And literally the sky is the limit on this one--seriously, I'd love to see if we can hold a challenge into the sky. Once again, I'd like to make this a mixture of OC and canon characters. I'd absolutely love to make Harry Potter the Ministry's Official to oversee the tournament and I wouldn't be against anyone using the Trio's kids in the competition. All of my characters will be OC. I'm sure there will also be plenty of references to canon characters along the way. Again, I have all of my characters made and everything else ready to be set up so once we get players we can be off the ground pretty quickly!

Due to users committing to the "idea" but seemingly never anything farther than creating characters, I pretty much have the main plot and it's devices hammered out already. However! That doesn't mean I don't want you involved! This is your roleplay too and your ideas deserve to be apart of it! 

Regards,

Magic

Post script: If by some miracle you are interested, go ahead and leave a message. I feel as though this whole introduction was a bit too scatterbrained for my liking so I do hope it was fairly easy to follow!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. Hopefully we can get a few more people involved. I know that interest checks currently has about four Harry Potter threads up simultaneously. 

This sounds pretty interesting to me (since I was actually in a very similar RP recently), but I'm not sure how much I can post-- most likely not every day.

After watching the recent entry to the HP world, I must say I'm quite eager to try this idea for the first time, especially since the fourth book was one of my favorites (and I would love to try my luck at making a rather morally ambiguous character while at it).

So I feel like I might have expressed some sort of interest in this already and I might be a little late to the party but I would join this. I'm a hopeless Potter lover and it's almost sad haha

@Habbit44@yoora@PixieDust

To to be honest I almost totally forgot about this and I am completely surprised and impressed to see you guys dig this up and that it gathered interest again. Ive seen a few Mauraders and Triwizard rps recently and I wasn't really impressed. I had almost all of the plot drawn up including the first post and my characters so I'd love to host an awesome role play for you guys. 

To to be totally honest my time online is sparser than I'd like and I'm hosting another rp at the same time. So if you guys want to go into this I'm with you! I just want a fun rp, one meaty paragraph to maybe two or three, and believable/compelling characters. :)  

Would you still be interested?

Thank you very much but, at the moment, it seems it will be impossible for me to join in. I'm very sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back