• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

• How she's feeling...

Why?....

Yukisa

-----

"Frank, why didn't you just call security?...." Yukisa chomps up the rest of her icecream cone with her phone on speaker.

'Oh... right I forgot I gave them the day off....'

"Never mind, I'll go address the situation." Yukisa ends the call and places her phone into her pocket. Yukisa starts up her car's engine and zooms off towards Taeru Apartment Complex.
Yukisa uses her master key to unlock the door of the apartment where the supposed squatters were.

She steps in, leaving the door wide open. "Alright, I'm going to need you guys to get out of he-.... wait."

"Why are you two fools here?"

Tik and tok were both sitting there huddled around a fire contained inside a metal bucket.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
  • "How the hell does it get so cold in the desert?"

Tok snorted and rubbed his hands together in front of the fire, "There is such a thing as Polar deserts."

"You know what I meant."

"Lack of cloud cover means the heat dissipates quickly at night."

"Why are you two fools here?"

Tik sneezed and practically jumped out of his skin at the sudden arrival of another voice, his eyes widened in recognition. "I should be asking you that, whoever you are! Why are you in our apartment?"

Tok threw another tree branch into the barrel in front of him, "Mochizuki Yukisa, she's our landlord, according to the County Recorder."

"What?!" Tik looked at his brother for a brief moment before turning back to the ice lady from yesterday. "We're paid up for the month, we have every right to be here!"

"And Tik already blew our signing bonus so we don't have money for a hotel."

Tok's frown went away as he watched his brother tense up without acknowledging guilt. Tik used his power to speed over to Yukisa's side and cupped her hand in between both of his, "You've gotta get our unit fixed first. Or at the very least give us somewhere to hide!" His eyes searched hers desperately for a moment before his expression turned to one of equal parts horror and distaste. "Before she comes back."

There was a soft rustling noise as Tok grabbed a Vienna sausage out of a plastic bag and stuck it on a metal skewer. He promptly began to roast it over the fire, "Can't run from it, man. She caught you eight times yesterday."

MisoraUni MisoraUni

Last edited:

Elsewhere in LA...

There's an uncomfortable pause, as if the question was really one to contemplate. As if Avery had any real alternatives. "... Alright. I'm comin'."

She hangs up immediately afterwards and sighs into the open air. A second goes by before she shoves her hands deep into her jacket pockets and slinks down the stairs of her new, unfamiliar abode.

It's cooler outside of the buliding than it is with the walls to block the cool breeze. Avery sniffles as the chill gets to her, but suppresses a shiver. She stares at Cadence a bit longer than would be appropriate - she's somewhere in the uncanny valley between uncomfortably odd or just curiously strange, and Avery has to stop herself from trying to search somewhere in her face where the Avery begins and where the Cadence does. It's like looking into a funhouse mirror where things are just slightly off.

She blinks herself out of this trance, and addresses her 'sister'. "So where to?"

Interactions Sepokku Sepokku

There was an awkward moment where the two of them just stared at each other. Shifting uncomfortably under her gaze, there was a brief concern that she had something on her face, followed by the realization that Avery was doing the same thing that Cadence herself had been doing last night; taking note of what the face sculptors had done to her.

"So where to?"

Turning so that they weren't facing each other, Cadence tapped her index finger against her right earbud twice to pause the music, "Sushi?"

They were supposed to infiltrate a group, but how the hell were they even supposed to find them? Not only were they unregistered but they popped on and off the map randomly, surely SINS didn't expect them to just wander California in hopes they'd bump into them at a cafe in Santa Monica. She turned back to Avery, "Can you drive? I don't have my license."

draconicheart draconicheart

• "-and while we still have no confirmed reports on the origin or motives of the terrorist, we can at least take solace in the knowledge that Captain Valor is on guard for Los Angeles, now and ever. Back to you, Tom."

"What a load of crap. Now and ever," Keith mocked from his place on the sofa, flipping off the screen. It turned into a catcher's grab as Sheri tossed him a bottle of Dr. Pecker. His lip curled in distaste when he looked at it. "Couldn't find something orange flavored?"

"They only stock with the intent to piss you off," Sheri quipped, passing another soda to where Jonathan sat cross-legged on the floor by the television. Keith made a face behind her back, mouthing her response while making jerk-off motions.

"Just go yourself next time if you wanna be picky," Glory said from where she was sitting in a rocking chair incorrectly, catching the soda Sheri tossed her without looking away from her phone game.

"Sorry I expected any of you to have taste."

"You said get drinks," Sheri retorted, shoving his legs off the sofa and dropping into it. "I got drinks."

"Shit ones," He muttered, sticking his legs on her lap instead of sitting up.

"Don't be mean to Emily," Jonathan scolded, turning the t.v. up slightly.

"I'm no- !"

"Shh!"

Keith drank the Dr. Pecker in silence.

"-and our next story for the night is a strange one indeed: an underwater city, found off the French coast in the wake of a thwarted terrorist plot. Though the ruins have yet to be positively identified, local archaeologists are in talks with the Tinker's Union to gain access to the ancient-"

"Welp, there goes anything of academic fucking value!" Keith snarled, flipping off the screen again. "Just say 'Tinkers loot underwater dig site, historians left sniffing rocks! Nothing added to historical record, everyone go home!'"

"Keith!" Jonathan scolded, turning to silence him again. Keith threw up his arms.

"Fucking dragons." Glory cursed under her breath.

"What do you mean?" Sheri asked, taking a sip of the vile beverage she'd purchased. She hated carbonation.

"You mean about tinkers?" Glory asked, looking over from her phone.

"I'm trying to watch this."

"She means what she said," Keith cut in, swishing the liquid around his half-empty soda bottle. "Sitting on all that tech and knowledge, snatching up anything new they catch wind of, not letting anything back out again. Like dragons hoarding treasure."

"I thought tinker tech couldn't be reverse-engineered."

"That's certainly what they tell people," Keith grumbled, taking another sip of Dr. Pecker. "Which is some bullshit and a half, let me tell you."

"Guys. I'm watching."

"Pretty fucking convenient, though, isn't it?" Keith continued, ignoring Jonathan. "They've got access to all this hyper advanced, world-changing technology and information, that just so happens to only work if they're the ones who make it? What, they can't just hand someone the blueprints? Can't walk someone through it? 'Oh it won't work', like what, how, one of these bastards makes a toaster and suddenly every other toaster on Earth stops working? Come on."

"Its all a fucking scam if you ask me," Glory spoke up, clicking the screen on her phone off and tossing it on the table next to her. "A way to keep themselves at the top, keep everyone crawling back and begging their favor. Sure, they could help people, eliminate hunger, save lives, create unlimited energy, but then where would that leave them?" She scoffed, low and bitter. "Honestly, you ever wonder why they're all arms dealers?"

"Trying to watch..."

"And heaven forfend you even think the word 'regulation' in their presence," Keith continued. "May we never blaspheme against our gods upon this fucking Earth."

Sheri was quiet for a moment, contemplating the images on the television before speaking again.

"So the dig site..."

"Oh they looooooove rooting through new finds like that," Keith said, tossing his empty bottle at Jonathan's back as the other man got up to go watch the news somewhere else. "Especially weird shit like this one, where they can get their grubby little hands on any sort of relics suggesting supers have existed before. Trade em all between themselves, running their little tests and experiments until there's nothing left, and all the historians and academics hoping to glean some infinitesimal scrap of information which could inform the path of human history or civilization can all just get fucked!"

"I see."

Keith fell silent, he and Glory hanging in a morose silence for several long moments, only moving so Sheri could get up off the couch.

"I'm gonna change the channel," she said, reaching for the remote.

Last edited:

• How she's feeling...

I hope they choose option 1....

Yukisa

-----

Yukisa didn’t return any form of emotion to Tik and pushed his hand off of hers, brushing it off slightly on her pants. She figured he was referring to that Emma person who was their employer that Yukisa met briefly.

'Why would he be afraid of his employer though? '

Yukisa side glanced at Tik for a few seconds.

Then again, judging on how he acts, it might just be normal.'

Yukisa walks to the kitchen sink and procures a glass of water. "Well… If you want your apartment to be fixed up, you need to give the repairmen space to work.”

Yukisa crouches down next to Tok then pours the water onto the fire to extinguish it while staring at him intensely with her dark, void-like orbs. Her eyes reflect the fire as it dies out. “As in, you must vacate the area and stay elsewhere while repairs are being done.”

She stands back up and places the cup into the dishwasher.

Yukisa saunters back around to Tok. “So, you have two options. Option 1: Stay with one of the other tenants on the lower floors. Jacob Krinkle for example, He's an amicable fellow.”

“Or option 2: I can get you a place at the hotel I am staying at.”

“Either way, you guys aren’t allowed to be here right now, so please choose quickly so the repairmen can get on with their work.”

♡coded by uxie♡

Elsewhere in LA...

Avery stops in her tracks, and her expression shifts to an odd look - eyebrows furrowed, eys squinted, nose wrinkled, lips purse and frown deeply. She keeps this odd, wincing expression on her face for a moment, letting that speak to her companion before words do. "I, uh... Don't have my liscence either. So I guess we're walking."

She resumes her liesurely pace, hands stuffed in her pockets. An awkward silence befalls the two that Avery isn't too keen on breaking until she suddenly whips her head towards Cadence and asks, "Wait, you're paying, right?"

x4ChCR3.png
  • “If you want me to drop any grudge with your friend, he's gonna have to probably stop trying to attack us every chance he gets."

“Done,” Lilian followed closely behind the black-haired stranger with Emma’s borrowed height lending itself to her stride, “He had the chance to attack you today, and restrained himself. Besides… Army boy like yourself, I’m sure you’ve got more blood on your hands than he does anyway.”

She found herself not far behind, awkwardly stopping just short of running into him as Captain Valor appeared to clean up the mess they’d created. The VAALDIS system portrayed him in several light spectrums, highlighting all his inhuman wrongness. When his attention was no longer on her, she followed the stranger past the wind barrier. His fingers outstretched as cold traveled from his being to one of the flesh creatures, an irregular line of veritable fleshicles began to dot their path as he repeated the process several times.

Last edited:
MisoraUni MisoraUni draconicheart draconicheart
  • “Option two! It’ll be like a little vacation, and there's less of a chance she-“ The sound of something solid rapping against metal could be heard, and it was getting closer.

Tok stood up, spreading his hands and deploying a field of slowing around the nearest window, “It’s like she waits for you to say something stupid.”

“Sounds like she’s on the fire escape,” Tik craned his head upwards, trying to tell which direction the noise was moving in.

“Brostaigh,” The rapping noise stopped.

A broom handle made its way through the window Tok was watching, gliding through the air as it moved at one-fifth speed. In a blur, Tik ran to his brother and grabbed the broom. A PVC pipe flew in through the window and was promptly caught as well. It was followed by a piece of plywood that nailed Tok in the dead center of his forehead

“Son of a-“ As soon as his brother’s slowing field dissipated, their assailant jumped through the window and into the building. Rokket rolled as she landed, popping to her feet with a metal pipe held in a reverse grip. Her legs tensed as she prepared to lunge, then all the malice left her stance. Her free hand reached back and removed the hair tie that was keeping her ponytail in place.

The metal pipe clanked against the floor as she dropped it. Her attention was suddenly solely fixed on Yukisa. Her fingers began rapidly signing off queries. After a few moments, she decided no one else in the room knew sign language. Rolling her eyes she hooked her thumb in Yukisa's direction, then pointed to the ground, and shrugged.

“She’s the landlord, and offered to comp our stay at her hotel for our troubles,” Tik provided helpfully.

Rokket’s eyes widened, the California sun had been wreaking havoc on her pores. Bending down, she retrieved the phone tucked into her knee-high sock and tapped out a text on it. She showed the text to Yukisa, ‘Does the hotel have a spa?’

Last edited:

• How she's feeling...

I hope they choose option 1....

Yukisa

-----

Yukisa became a little puzzled at the sudden intrusion of the girl, but it didn’t last too long when she figured out that she wasn’t here to harm anyone, at least not too badly.

Yukisa looks at the phone that is being held up to her. “Oh will you be joining us then? Yes I believe they do have a spa…”

‘Am I going to have to pay for this too?...’

“Anyway, we should get a move on. Follow me, I’ll drive you guys over to the hotel.”

Yukisa whips around and heads out the door to go back to the parking garage.

♡coded by uxie♡

MisoraUni MisoraUni
Tik continued to keep his guard up, eyes trained on Rokket, uncertain of what their strange senior was thinking. After a few tense moments, Yukisa seemed to say something that put Rokket at ease. He watched as his landlord and trainer walked out of his apartment with an unearned degree of nonchalance. Tok was still out cold, laying on the ground, slumped awkwardly onto the plywood projectile. With a sigh, he bent down, picked his brother up, and followed after the two girls.

Rokket made deliberate eye contact with her trainee before signing the word, 'Shotgun!' at him. Knowing full well he couldn't understand, she waited for Yukisa to unlock the car then promptly jumped into the passenger seat. Tik shoved Tok into the backseat behind her and then got into the back driverside seat. Wasting no time, she adjusted the seat as far back as it would go and began to lean back. The car was nice, not as nice as she was used to, but a luxury model nonetheless, and it fit her Passenger Princess aesthetic. Taking out her phone, she moved it about until the lighting and angle were right, applied a filter, then snapped a selfie and uploaded it.

They had only been driving for a few seconds when Rokket began to fiddle with the radio. A few stations of nonsense passed as she turned the knob, finally, the station settled on one of her favorites. Unfortunately, they must have been at that strange part of Los Angeles where two different radio signals were fighting for dominance. As a result, Chester Bennington's newest song was fighting a Mariachi band for control of the radio wave.

She turned the dial again and it settled on an acceptable song. As soon as she was done finding a song, Rokket grew bored again. Opening the glovebox, she began to look for something to entertain herself with.

Tik cleared his throat awkwardly, "So uh... Chizuki, what hero agency are you registered with?" Belatedly he realized some might find the question rude, "If you don't mind my asking."

• The kitchen was a flurry of energy and noise that left Sheri disoriented. She did what she could to keep up with the pace of the work at hand, but before long her hands were shaking and head was throbbing, the overhead lights feeling like daggers in her eyes. She ferried hot trays from the kitchen to the serving counter on weak legs, her stomach a nauseous rock at the bottom of her torso.

She well and truly was not made for this.

Sheri leaned on the counter after setting a pot of potato soup into its receptacle on the line, trying to catch her breath and silence the pounding in her ears. Her shift in the soup kitchen was only a few hours longer, but it felt like she would be waiting years at this pace.

"Sucking a lot of air over there, new girl."

"I'm fine," Sheri grunted, squeezing her eyes shut in an attempt to will Keith out of her space. She felt bile rising in the back of her throat, and swallowed to force it back down.

"Don't be afraid to take a break if you need one, Emily." Sheri squinted one eye open to see an older man handing out barbecue chicken legs a few spots down the counter. Chuck, one of the kitchen's servers. "Pull up a stool and hang out for a bit. No need to kill yourself on our account."

"Here." Glory appeared at Sheri's shoulder to drop a stool behind her and hand her a ladle. "You can hand out that soup you're blocking."

"Gee, how nice!" Chuck looked at Glory with flabbergasted exasperation. "God, we don't need her help that badly."

"She'll just find something else to work on anyway," Glory dismissed, going back to her spot handing out dinner rolls. She looked at Chuck sidelong. "Seriously, she's as stubborn as you are."

Keith barked laughter from the back of the kitchen. "Seriously, you should've seen her- wait- hold on, I'll come tell you in a sec-"

"He won't. Nothing happened." Sheri propped herself up on the provided stool, leaning forward on her knees to start scooping thick globs of starchy liquid into the bowls of anyone who stopped in front of her part of the counter.

A conspiratorial smile played behind Chuck's beard. "Well now I have to know."

"No you don't." Sheri leaned over to fill the bowl of the woman across from her.

"Oh, bless you sweetie. You're doing God's work."

"...Enjoy your food," Sheri replied, shifting awkwardly on her stool. The woman smiled at her before shuffling off to find a spot amid the crowded tables.

"Aren't there a lot more people here than usual?" she mused to herself, taking note of just how many people were crowded into the building on the other side of the counter. The usual suspects were there of course, but the sheer number of bodies seemed to have nearly doubled from yesterday, and all the new faces seemed far better dressed than their regulars. It was starting to slow for the moment, giving them a reprieve before the next big rush.

"Probably everyone who lost their apartment in Santa Monica," Glory replied, stepping back so one of the kitchen staff could add more rolls to her diminishing supply.

"Oooh, yeah, I suppose it has been about long enough for them to show up, huh."

"Bit of a walk, isn't it?"

"Nah," Chuck replied, scratching his chin. "I mean. I guess, yeah. But nah, they would've all got forced out by cops by now."

"Oh." Sheri fell silent for a moment, one eye closed as she ladled out helpings of potato soup. "Wait, what?"

"Oh yeah," Chuck confirmed. "You think people in Santa Monica want a bunch of homeless camping in front of their stores and whatnot? Nah."

"I thought California had programs for people displaced by Super incidents."

"It does," Glory replied, eating one of the rolls out of the tray. "But its the end of the month. Rent doesn't go away just because the apartment got flattened by Captain Valor. The rest goes to hotel fees."

"If you can find a hotel," Chuck scoffed. Especially in Santa Monica, you show up to one of those fancy hotels after one of those attacks and they just-" He whistled, short and sharp, while jerking his thumb over his shoulder. "'Door's there bud, don't let it hit your ass on the way out.' Don't want to deal with the bad reviews from other guests complaining about homeless refugees ruining their vacation."

"So they're all fucked until the apartments get rebuilt? How long does that normally take, a couple weeks?"

"Oh a lot of these guys aren't gonna have apartments in a couple weeks," Chuck continued, taking a roll from Glory. "As far as their landlords are concerned, those are renovations and refurbishments, which means rent hikes. A lot of these poor bastards aren't gonna afford to live there anymore, even if they did have enough savings squared away to get through this." He shrugged, taking a huge chunk out of his roll. "But hey, that's Ford's America for you. Super capital of the world. Great place to live, until it isn't."

Sheri scoffed, taking the roll Glory handed her. "So is that why Wit- why we're running a soup kitchen?"

"Mm-hm." Chuck nodded at her. "Pretty much."

"I wasn't- Really?"

"Actions before words," Glory intoned. She took another roll out of the tray, looking at Sheri as she tore small pieces off to pop in her mouth. "Talking about how broken our hero system is and all the dangers rampant supers pose doesn't mean much if you aren't working to help the people actually affected by it."

"I guess that follows, yeah," Sheri muttered, shoving the roll in her mouth as more people started queuing on the other side of the counter. They were starting to get busy again.

• How she's feeling...

Sleepy.

Yukisa

-----

They arrive at a stop light when Tik asks “So uh... Chizuki, what hero agency are you registered with?”

Yukisa’s brows perk up a tad at the question. “Oh?”

“Well...” Yukisa smirks just a tad.

The light turns green.

“I’m actually not affiliated with one at the moment.”

She taps her fingers on the steering wheel methodically.

“But I will be.”

A few seconds have gone by and they are now at their destination. Yukisa parks the car into a spot near a line of dainty trees.

Yukisa undoes her seatbelt and hops out of the car. “Alright, let’s go and get your rooms sorted out.”

♡coded by uxie♡

MisoraUni MisoraUni
Tik nodded mutely, he wanted to ask Yukisa what she meant, if she had already decided on an agency to apply to, but he found it next to impossible to think as the radio got louder. Evidently, Rokket had found a song she liked, and that was the end of conversation for the rest of the car ride. As the car pulled into an open spot, his brother started to stir. "Morning sleepyhead, you missed the whole trip."

Rubbing at his head, Tok sat up and looked around, "Did we win?"

Exhaling through his nose, Tik informed him, "Not quite Kimosabe, she lost interest after hearing about the hotel."

Rokket followed closely behind Yukisa, her index finger scrolling rapidly through her phone in an effort to find what skin treatments the hotel offered. Settling on an oxygen facial, she pressed the option to make an appointment, then rattled off a text. She showed it to the landlord, 'IDK about u, but Monday sucked and I can feel a stress breakout coming on. Join me?"

Thanks to Yukisa, the three of them got checked in without incident. Tik couldn't help but admire how put-together the Ice lady was. She couldn't have been much older than him, and yet... She maintained her composure during the incident a few days ago and now she was the only reason he wasn't huddled around a fire made of burning magazines and sticks. It wasn't hard to find similarities between her and Emma; they were both talented businesswomen that carried themselves well, but Yukisa didn't have that same unapproachable air to her. It made her easier to like than his employer.

"Stare any harder and you're going to burn a hole in her dress," Tok elbowed his brother's side as he whispered snarkily.

"Wouldn't hate th-" Tik turned to his brother and shoved him.

Last edited:
"She got into a car with two hooligans and a girl from the cafe," noted Helene. "After assaulting them. Are you sure about this, Achilles?" She deflated with a sigh, opening her blue eye and leaning in to the patio seat of a SunBucks to ward off the vertigo of Skittles' flying after a car in her other eye.

"She assaulted them?"

"Yes. She threw several objects in through the window, and then leapt in after them with a length of pipe," explained Helene, with some concern.

"Oh. That's training," muttered Achilles with a grimace, as he rubbed at a small scar on his forehead near his hair line. "She once threw an entire sundial at me. Why is she training those losers?"

"She does not appear to be under duress," noted Helene as she sipped her mocha, turning her gaze to the warrior across from her. She'd made him put on some casual clothes so he didn't stand out as much... well... as much as a seven foot tall mountain of muscle could "not stand out" at any rate. He pulled a dark, wavy lock out of his eyes with an expression of focused thought.

"She didn't leave that battle voluntarily," he muttered. Helene stood and crossed the patio, setting her drink down and climbing into the love seat he more or less completely occupied. He shifted slightly to make a little room for her, and she leaned against his chest. Achilles wrapped one of his heavy arms over her shoulders unconsciously as he gazed off in the direction Skittles was flying.

"One day you'll have to come clean about your relationship with that woman," she muttered, with a grin as she felt Achilles' body go rigid for a long moment before relaxing.

"You jealous?" He chided.

"Not yet," Helene chuckled, closing her eyes and watching the view as Skittles soared over the streets. "This whole trip has been a disaster. Bubbzie and Kindle are still incapacitated from the incident with the Agency that captured us, and we very nearly didn't escape the altercation with that flesh creature... We have, without a doubt, attracted the attention of more than one organization, for good or for ill. I'm surprised at the level of reckless destruction the imítheoi are allowed to cause here. That... Valor didn't even wait for us to clear the area," Helene complained with a note of resentment as she ran her fingers along the healing burn on the side of her face and shoulder. "I'm tempted to retreat... come back properly prepared. This was only supposed to be reconnaissance."

"Well...," Achilles deflated. "My honest tactical read on the situation is... that we are handicapped without your magic, but the other side of the coin is that we were ambushed and surprised when we arrived and, though they are temporarily out of commission, Bubbzie and Kindle extracted us safely from the situation... perhaps not as quietly as you would have liked, knowing them. The altercation with the flesh beast was ultimately avoidable, but our intervention saved a number of innocent lives and we escaped with only minor injuries and no losses."

"We have a potential ally in Scáthach, assuming we can figure out what the hell she's doing with those vlákas, and there's the living [πηγή] who may be an avenue to a stable power source. We've been together for a long time now. Besides the fact that I have NEVER seen you back down from ANYTHING even in the most dire circumstances, I feel these setbacks are not insurmountable."

"Hmm," she grunted in long contemplation before sitting up suddenly and clapping him on the shoulder. "They stopped at a hotel. Let's go."

"Wh- !?"

"That hotel has a reputable spa in our world. I'm getting a massage, and you can check in on your girlfriend," she teased, scooping her drink up as she walked towards the alleys behind the strip mall with some purpose. The corners of her lips cracked into an amused smirk. Achilles flustered and blushed for a long moment before chasing after her, and moments later she was carried on the wind in a streak of white and silver.

• How she's feeling...

Sleepy.

Yukisa

-----

Yukisa puts her hands in her pockets nonchalantly and turns around to view the others.

“My room is on the top floor, so I’ll be splitting off from you here. Have fun with your activities.”

With that, she walks over to the elevator and heads up to her room.

♡coded by uxie♡

[A Fate001 / XianaEvermor collaboration]

• Today could have gone . . . better. Honestly Ezra didn't really understand what possessed him to get involved in all that mess. Oh wait, it was the prospect of making one, singular, potential friend. Which, in hindsight, was not worth the amount of chaos that occurred. He was responsible for blowing up a street, which he couldn't even attempt to try and deny like the "self-defense" that resulted in him tazeing a few minor heroes.

Yeah. Good job bonehead.

Having found a relatively out of sight spot, Ezra tried his hand at some painting to help get himself in order. Though given the disorganized and unrecognizable lines and splotches he wasn't successful. The wet pain ran down the wall as he slumped to the ground. The damn bird that kept staring at him wasn't much help either.

Stupid thing just kept following him wherever he went. He had given up trying to give the thing the slip after tiring himself out more than once. Ezra officially decided that birds were even more annoying than he had previously thought. Feathery bastards.

Fed up, Ezra pulled out his phone and began searching. Maybe getting something to eat would pick up his mood. Sure he didn't need to eat . . . but food tastes good. And trying new stuff was always fun!

"Oooo . . . . haven't had sushi yet~"

While Ezra didn't have a bad sense of direction, Ezra did have to stop a few times to check for directions to the place. Options by not to swing around like usual due to recent events, he was left skating to his destination. After getting turned around more times than he cared to admit, he finally found the place. Had great reviews. Looked a bit fancy though. He was worried he wouldn't be let through the door at first.

Surprise surprise, he wasn't told to leave after walking right through the door and was seated rather quickly. Nobody even seemed to notice that damn bird had followed him in . . . Somehow. Already good service, he was glad he actually had money for food this time. He'd feel like an ass dine and dashing with service this polite.

Last edited:

Elsewhere in LA...

A sharp intake of breath - Avery whips her head towards her 'sister' and gives an incredulous glare. Cadence seems unphased by this - smug, at least in Avery's eyes.

The audacity of the bastard.

Avery trails after her, occasionally sounding as though she's going to attempt to say something, but huffs and stays quiet.

Eventually, though, she swivels on her heel (nearly tripping on the sidewalk in the process, although she recovers well enough despite the stutter in her stride) "Do I get paid for this shit? I mean - am I getting paid for this shit? Like, I dunno, if you're my handler or somethin' you should kinda know more about this than I do. Or, like, who would I talk to about that? It's my first, fuckin' day on the job. Am I even hired?"

draconicheart draconicheart
Cadence continued ahead in silence, enjoying the relative bliss of the moment as the two approached the restaurant. Her sisters and her all joined SINS at about the same time, and despite her taking the role of "big sister," the five of them all had access to about the same level of information and freedom. Getting to take the lead, regardless of how slight that lead was, left her feeling quite refreshed. It put a skip in her step and made her heart feel just a bit lighter as they walked.

Seemingly fed up, Avery twirled around rather gracelessly and launched into a barrage of questions. Cadence simply stopped and stared at her, expressionless. She contemplated not answering, after all, 'new hire orientation' really wasn't in her job description. With an annoyed click of her tongue, all the mirth left Cadence's face, "If you're not getting paid, you're a shit negotiator."

Mild disdain slowly crept into her words as she spoke, "SINS would never trust me as your handler, we're more like partners, really." She started walking again and was silent for a moment. "I'll give you Jamie's number, he's probably your best chance for a pain-free go between. You're definitely 'hired,'" She used her fingers to put the word in air quotes, "I wouldn't be here otherwise."

Tucking a stray piece of hair behind her ear, Cadence shrugged and sped up her gait so that she was slightly ahead of Avery. Her next words were spoken slow and stilted, both because she wanted to be precise in her words and to stall for time. "My case wasn't exactly normal... I've been in SINS custody for years now. Since before puberty," Her hands over exaggeratedly traced the curves of her chest. "You're more of a typical hire, so I know as much about that, as you do."

The restaurant stood in front of them, the double doors opened wide as a heavily fragrant smoke drifted out of them. "Discarded assets, plausible deniability, people as steppingstones; that's your life now." Cadence turned back to Avery and gave her a grim smile, "Word of advice? Find where you are on the ladder, cover your ass from people below you, and don't put your neck out for people above you. Maybe you're too young to fully appreciate office politics, but in the Intelligence field, that's half the job."

Letting her words sink in, Cadence waltzed into the restaurant, "Stinks in here! Another group of weebs and their vapes must have reserved the party room... Inoue!" With a wave of her hand, the phonograph that sat behind the counter started to play as a telekinetic hand set the needle on one of Cadence's favorite records. A waitress appeared from somewhere in the back and tried to seat her, but Cadence shoved past her, "Inoue, it's your favorite quintuplet, you better have gotten in some fresh fu-" As she rounded the corner, the Bank intruder from earlier in the week came into sight and the source of the smoke was suddenly evident.

Wrinkling her nose, she waved a hand through air, wafting smoke away from her face. "Can't you read?" Pointing to the 'No Smoking' sign, Cadence used her telekinesis to tamp out whatever was burning in the Kitsune's pipe.

The waitress tapped her lightly on the shoulder, "Your table is ready, Chef Inoue has already prepared the first round to send out." Taking a few tentative steps back, the server seemed to want Cadence to follow her.

"We'll sit here. I'll have green tea, hot, bring the whole pot. What about you Aves?" As Cadence spoke, a psychic hand pulled the nearest chair out and flipped it around so that when she sat in it her arms leaned on the backrest. Without saying anything else, Cadence looked over the Kitsune and blonde-haired stranger that were sitting nearby.

The waitress returned a few moments later carrying a tray of Dashi soup, and various appetizers. One of which consisted of edamame, seaweed, several carrot slices and some kind of paste. Grabbing that dish, Cadence knocked the bowl back and promptly began to chew. It was fairly light and airy. The paste had a tang that complimented the salted edamame beans.

Then the waitress set down salmon sashimi, causing Cadence to cough and snort, narrowly avoiding choking on her food. "You didn't..." Raising an eyebrow, she looked first at the Kitsune then at the blonde stranger and grumbled mostly to herself, "You don't come to Kaneyoshi to order..."

The waitress gave her a light bow before informing her, "Chef Inoue is just doing some final preparations, he'll be right out." Then she left to service other customers.

Kindle sputtered. She'd been drawing on her Kiseru when it was tamped out by some unseen force. Her golden eyes flicked towards the door with no small amount of malice, though one of her perfectly thin eyebrows shot straight up when she saw who was at the door. The woman's new haircut and small amount of cosmetic alterations couldn't disguise her aura of Psionic energy that resonated closely with but wasn't Mana. Mr. Beaks bristled iron feathers and looked about ready to fly across the restaurant at the new arrivals talons first before Kindle flipped him a piece of Salmon. Beaks became real just long enough to snatch the treat with a savage clack of his bronze beak before fading back into the immaterial.

Kindle wrapped a thread of aromatic smoke around her index finger and flicked it over her shoulder without looking. It impacted the sign, spreading slowly and warping the letters and iconography until it showed "Smoking Encouraged" with a pipe wielding fox blowing a heart shaped smoke ring. She reached out and grasped the sleeve of the passing waitress, narrowing her eyes at the two Agent's table.

"Do they have a reservation?" The fox asked, curtly.

"Yes, Megami-Sama. One of them is a regular," she answered, stopping to lower her head. Kindle sucked air through her teeth and clucked her tongue. There were rules to the charm she'd put on the staff, and bending them too far might snap them out of it. Kindle's golden eyes flicked to Ezra for a long moment before she narrowed them back at Cadence. Her interest in establishing a rapport with this Free Spirit overrode her gut instinct to be petty.

"Fine," Kindle conceded unhappily. This particular charm wouldn't work on someone that was already suspicious of her anyway. "Have Inoue cater their table before anyone else. Our table can take second priority," she commanded imperiously as she released the girl's sleeve.

"Of course, Megami-Sama," she answered, shuffling away with her head down.

Kindle raised a hand and the snap of her fingers resonated through the room like a clap of thunder, carrying a wave of subtle color through the thin haze of smoke and washing out the aromatic tobacco with a gentle waft of cherry blossoms. She gave Cadence a thin, insincere smile before turning back to Ezra. A flash of blue FoxFire re-lit her pipe, resuming the gentle trickle of now vaguely pink smoke towards the ceiling. That part wasn't petty... well it was... but since the smoke was the medium of her charm, her pipe needed to continue burning in order to sustain it. She swirled a finger over her head once, and the thin fog around Ezra and She shifted slightly.

"Well then," she huffed. There was a very slight echo to the sound of her voice. On the other side of the veil at Cadence and Avery's table, should they attempt to listen, they'd hear only gibberish. "Magic has rules," she explained, tossing another piece of salmon to Beaks. "I mean... besides the limitations that govern your individual abilities, that's different. Just knowing Magic exists can have an effect on the world, so people who aren't aware of it get to continue being ignorant. The first rule is, we don't talk about Magic to anyone who doesn't [Glow]. I've made it so we can speak freely for now... but if they get nosy we might have to go somewhere more private."

AJpXtAf.jpg

There was this glimmer of childlike awe in Ezra’s eyes as he whispered to mostly himself. I’m a Sorcerer~

He was left with that thought as Kindle did . . . Well, [Magic]. The glowing smoke that had been present when he had walked in had been coming from her, but what it was doing hadn’t become apparent until the sign was changed.

”It’s an illusion!” While he felt proud of himself for catching on, he hushed his tone upon hearing what was the first rule of magic. ”Sorry. So we don’t talk about magic to people who don’t know or [glow]. Seems simple enough. And if what I know from pop culture means anything . . . Yokai are really tricky. And a nine tailed fox, sorry I don’t remember the name, is very powerful. I think? That means your very scary, right?”

Despite his questioning statement, Ezra didn’t look even slightly worried sitting across from a mythological being of unknown power. She was being friendly after all, and there was a chance he was going to get free food out of this.

That . . . And his brain was more concerned with learning about being magic. Holy shit his powers were magic! Were all of them magic? She said he was a spirit, was he a creature of myth too? Wait focus, don’t ask too many questions at once. Don’t annoy the nice magic fox woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back