Group Roleplaying

Generally speaking, group roleplays go...

• Well in my case.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • averagely in my case

• poorly in my case

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • horribly in my case

• Total voters

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
So, I just returned from a trip and I think I`d have time to try out group roleplaying.

Only one issue: It never worked with me and, from my experience, many other people can say the same (if not most).

So it occurred to me: Why not try and see what the problem is really about? How? By testing a fix for the several possible issues. However, that project can take months to do properly (at least), which means it`s not worth engaging on unless I`m sure there is a problem.

So, cast your vote. Is there a definitive issue with group roleplaying or does it work out for you? Why? Any suggestions regarding issues and their possible fixes?

Group rps for me are absolutely fine. Sure they can take a little more maintenance and you can have a quite a few people who join then fizzle out before things even get going, but once you find a rp family, you are pretty much good to go :P Just be prepared to accept that some times an rp needs multiple starts before it gets the right mix of people to keep it running :)

Lokipi said:
Group rps for me are absolutely fine. Sure they can take a little more maintenance and you can have a quite a few people who join then fizzle out before things even get going, but once you find a rp family, you are pretty much good to go :P Just be prepared to accept that some times an rp needs multiple starts before it gets the right mix of people to keep it running :)
Thanks for the input, although you`ll have to forgive for saying the comment seems a bit ambivalent. "Just be prepared to accept that some times an rp needs multiple starts" would imply that the rp failed multiple times before working, meaning the failure is the general case rather than the success.

@Idea

I was going to answer, but the votes told me otherwise. Are you sure this is not just a personal issue you think is happening all around the site? I know better than to judge based solely on numbers, but numbers are useful in where to direct your attention.

People seem content with their group roleplays, can you explain that? I'll take and listen to whatever you want to say, so be free with me! Do you think they're lying?

White Masquerade] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/17367-idea/ said:
@Idea[/URL]
I was going to answer, but the votes told me otherwise. Are you sure this is not just a personal issue you think is happening all around the site? I know better than to judge based solely on numbers, but numbers are useful in where to direct your attention.

People seem content with their group roleplays, can you explain that? I'll take and listen to whatever you want to say, so be free with me! Do you think they're lying?
I had assumed it was a personal issue until I saw a spring of comments which contained a large portion of complaining about how group rps failed so often. Nevertheless, I didn`t label it personal nor did I state it was something that happened in every case. That`s what this thread is for. For me to evaluate if it is worth it to try that project or if it is most likely an issue of how I go about it. So far, the second option seems more likely to be valid.

Idea said:
I had assumed it was a personal issue until I saw a spring of comments which contained a large portion of complaining about how group rps failed so often. Nevertheless, I didn`t label it personal nor did I state it was something that happened in every case. That`s what this thread is for. For me to evaluate if it is worth it to try that project or if it is most likely an issue of how I go about it. So far, the second option seems more likely to be valid.
Understood. It's probably both. Here's my answer. It's far from solving the problem if there is one, but it's something tangible that can be worked on and addressed.

It's the disconnect between starting and finish. I did a poll earlier this year and saw some unusual stuff. People are not exactly sure what they want. Like, Wanting to build a skyscraper, but only purchasing wood and nails. That leads to a log cabin, not a skyscraper. There's a mis-match of materials needed for the finished product.

Another example. Someone wants to be a doctor, but doesn't realize they need 8+ years to become one. Or someone wanting to be a U.S. president, but doesn't realize they need to be a natural born citizen of the U.S.

It applies to role-playing. There are many different types of group role-plays, each with their own quirks. If you don't know what you want, you see how that can become a problem? A big red-flag, is when the creator says, "I have an idea, but that's about it. Let's come up with some suggestions and stuff you want to see, and I'll try to see what comes out."

^<----This is very fun in the beginning, but if you don't what you're doing, what you want, what you need to set it up, or where to go, it's eventually going to catch up.

A good pill against this if you could make it, would be a tutorial on the different types of group Role-Plays and what are the basic requirements to get one started. It's going to be an extensive one, because there are tens upon tens of group Role-Play types. You would have to cover each and every one of them in different ways depending on:

• # of players
  • Detailed, Casual, Simple
  • The time of the year it begins
  • What type of players join
  • Fandom, Fantasy, Realistic, Futuristic
  • What kind of characters you want
  • Plot-focused or Character Driven. Both?
  • Action-Driven vs Exposition-Driven. Both?

There are so many things, that doing the tutorial wouldn't be worth it. Too complicated, too time-consuming. "Fixing," group role-plays is a tall order. You really are just better off making the best one you can, and answering questions about what you do, if anyone cares to ask. The really interested ones will take the initiative to come to you. You avoid bothering/annoying the ones that really don't want or need your help.

[QUOTE="White Masquerade]Understood. It's probably both. Here's my answer. It's far from solving the problem if there is one, but it's something tangible that can be worked on and addressed.
It's the disconnect between starting and finish. I did a poll earlier this year and saw some unusual stuff. People are not exactly sure what they want. Like, Wanting to build a skyscraper, but only purchasing wood and nails. That leads to a log cabin, not a skyscraper. There's a mis-match of materials needed for the finished product.

Another example. Someone wants to be a doctor, but doesn't realize they need 8+ years to become one. Or someone wanting to be a U.S. president, but doesn't realize they need to be a natural born citizen of the U.S.

It applies to role-playing. There are many different types of group role-plays, each with their own quirks. If you don't know what you want, you see how that can become a problem? A big red-flag, is when the creator says, "I have an idea, but that's about it. Let's come up with some suggestions and stuff you want to see, and I'll try to see what comes out."

^<----This is very fun in the beginning, but if you don't what you're doing, what you want, what you need to set it up, or where to go, it's eventually going to catch up.

A good pill against this if you could make it, would be a tutorial on the different types of group Role-Plays and what are the basic requirements to get one started. It's going to be an extensive one, because there are tens upon tens of group Role-Play types. You would have to cover each and every one of them in different ways depending on:

• # of players
  • Detailed, Casual, Simple
  • The time of the year it begins
  • What type of players join
  • Fandom, Fantasy, Realistic, Futuristic
  • What kind of characters you want
  • Plot-focused or Character Driven. Both?
  • Action-Driven vs Exposition-Driven. Both?

There are so many things, that doing the tutorial wouldn't be worth it. Too complicated, too time-consuming. "Fixing," group role-plays is a tall order. You really are just better off making the best one you can, and answering questions about what you do, if anyone cares to ask. The really interested ones will take the initiative to come to you. You avoid bothering/annoying the ones that really don't want or need your help.

[/QUOTE]
Firstly, let me congratulate you. This was not at all something I was expecting to read, and yet it is interesting eloquent creative, while still getting to the heart of the issue. Given pool results and your comment, I think I`ll try to start the roleplay and see how it goes.

As for the tutorial thing, I don`t know. Maybe one day, but so far I haven`t had much success with group rps so trying to teach others like that would feel hypocritical.

Anywho, thanks for the input!

Idea said:
Firstly, let me congratulate you. This was not at all something I was expecting to read, and yet it is interesting eloquent creative, while still getting to the heart of the issue. Given pool results and your comment, I think I`ll try to start the roleplay and see how it goes.
As for the tutorial thing, I don`t know. Maybe one day, but so far I haven`t had much success with group rps so trying to teach others like that would feel hypocritical.

Anywho, thanks for the input!
Wonderful. I wish you much luck with the role-play! Haha, as for the tutorial, go for it. I encourage you to do it. At least start it. And as you learn more, add in what you have discovered. Again, good luck.

My problem only emerges when players engage with the plot in major ways from the start.

Take Star Wars, for example. If you were running that as a roleplay, and the person playing Leia suddenly drops from the site, that puts the onus on the GM to use her as an NPC to keep the plot, to which she is critical, moving.

This problem is exacerbated when you have multiple characters whose methods, backstories, or plans hinge on each other. One or two people drop, suddenly you have to rewrite the whole scenes or even the plot to compensate

On the other hand, I exclusively do group roleplays, so I count the success rate around 30/70 and wouldn't know how 1x1s match up..

Grey said:
My problem only emerges when players engage with the plot in major ways from the start.
Take Star Wars, for example. If you were running that as a roleplay, and the person playing Leia suddenly drops from the site, that puts the onus on the GM to use her as an NPC to keep the plot, to which she is critical, moving.

This problem is exacerbated when you have multiple characters whose methods, backstories, or plans hinge on each other. One or two people drop, suddenly you have to rewrite the whole scenes or even the plot to compensate

On the other hand, I exclusively do group roleplays, so I count the success rate around 30/70 and wouldn't know how 1x1s match up..
I see. In my case, the problem really relies in organizing and orienting myself. Suddenly you don`t know who`s speaking when, and people are blatantly ignoring each other. Besides, the plot can be simply stalled if someone does not cooperate.

Idea said:
I see. In my case, the problem really relies in organizing and orienting myself. Suddenly you don`t know who`s speaking when, and people are blatantly ignoring each other. Besides, the plot can be simply stalled if someone does not cooperate.
Man, that's a people problem right there. Basically, you just have to kick those people out as they come along. Sometimes gms add extra rules like requiring dialogue to be bolded and thoughts to be italicized, or noting at the bottom basic things like character location and who they are talking to.

welian said:
Man, that's a people problem right there. Basically, you just have to kick those people out as they come along. Sometimes gms add extra rules like requiring dialogue to be bolded and thoughts to be italicized, or noting at the bottom basic things like character location and who they are talking to.
I don`t know. I mean, I don`t have much experience to speak from, but I think that would a little oppressing from the gm`s part. If you`re nagging about those detals or kick people of the thread so quickly, that could ruin the thread.

Besides, I`m assuming this problem is just me, given the pool results.

I like group role plays, but people often don't realize it's mostly writing a story. If you've ever tried writing a full fledged story from start to finish, that's a hell of a tall order to fill.

Now given it takes a lot of determination and perseverance from one person to write a book on their own, now add other people. Make these people paramount to the success of the story and have to contend with everyone's opposing view points and most importantly,keeping them engaged long enough to do something.

Group role plays are an ambitious undertaking and often underestimated in how hard it can be to pull one off. that's not even putting quality into the mix lol.

But I like group role plays. I hope to find a group that makes it from start to middle one day. :)

Idea said:
I don`t know. I mean, I don`t have much experience to speak from, but I think that would a little oppressing from the gm`s part. If you`re nagging about those detals or kick people of the thread so quickly, that could ruin the thread.
Besides, I`m assuming this problem is just me, given the pool results.
You know, it occurs to me I've never considered this a problem because rather than viewing it as harsh, to me it's basic etiquette. Someone not being able to convey a scene clearly suggests they have no place being there as it is, but to have an issue with simply marking their character and location - the bare minimum of work one could do - would be grounds for a kicking,

It all comes down to people. Loyalty, dedication, character, and moral traits of the individual are the key factors for a working RP, I have found lately. I've asked similar questions on this site "Why do RPs Fail" and such. In the end, the problem are the people who join and ruin the fun.

I think a more selective process needs to be involved.

This is just me, as an econ student, thinking, but if you had to pay to use the site, you'd have a small population but a more dedicated base of users. I would predict the number of failed RPs to decrease significantly. That's my hypothesis anyways.

In the end, pick your players wisely. Do interviews. Treat your RP, which you will spend time and energy on, like its a job and you're looking for employees. Maybe it's like a play and you're looking for actors. Pick skilled people, not the ones who are the flashiest. You don't want to bomb on opening night, now.

@Circus

I am sorry to hear that you've come to that conclusion, based on the answers you've gotten to that question. I don't believe it all comes down to people, or that there needs to be a more selective process.

People can be the best of friends, family members, married even, but if what you're doing together sucks, then it sucks. Yes. The most virtuous and respectful woman can sit with her husband watching football after every week for a far more protracted time than other less "virtuous and respectful" women, but for only so long. If I'm doing something stupid or boring, my best friend will straight up tell me, "No, I'm not doing that with you." Which I appreciate, because if someone is doing something with you out of loyalty and not mutual love for it, then it kinda defeats the point doing it with them. People are only part of the equation. Getting people who leave at the drop of a hat/never show up, is terrible. But being with outstanding players who are not engaged and stay just because they're being considerate, is nothing to celebrate either. (Plot)

I also disagree with treating an RP and everything related to it like a job. As many have said on this site, it's a hobby. Unlike a job, money is not being exchanged here. No one is being paid for role-playing, or making money off their RP. There's no reason to treat it like starting a business or managing a Fortune 500 company. Recreational RP (I think that's the only type) should be on the side of inclusive; not exclusive.

About the pay-to-use bit, it wouldn't quite be how you predict. The only thing it'd cut down on, is the amount of people who are "casual RPers," which I believe, is a sizable portion of the site. Which leads me into my next point. You can have a menagerie of serious role-players all one one site and still have plenty of failed RPs. Pay-to-use only removed a red-herring issue. The real problem centers around plot and interpersonal skills. Plot, I already went over. If it's not engaging, then there's still an issue, no matter who's with you. Interpersonal skills is where it's really...hot.

There are so many "complain" threads. So much pointing fingers. So much back-talk to well-meaning comments. Blow-ups over things that happen IC. Unintentional insults (some intentional). "My way/screw you" RPs. Elitism. Cliques. The list goes on. people just don't understand each other, or are not willing to understand each other. Developing the ability to listen to/think from another person's perspective, would help to really turn up the success rate of RPs, and interactions in general.

In a way you are right, a lot of it comes down to people, but not quite in the way you came to conclude; which bummed me out. I had to say something once you went to having a more selective process. It's like side-stepping the mess instead of cleaning it up.

At the end of the day, it's just my opinion. I haven't RP'ed near long enough to say that I know what the hell I'm talking about. I do look forward to your comments though, if you have any.

I think the overarching "theme", for lack of a better word, is collaboration. If you have people willing to put in effort and time (like work), then you can have a successful RP.

I have been a part of many RPs where the people with the flashiest CSs (resumes) are the ones selected but end up as a flash in the pan.

I think a group RP is very much a team. I relate it to my time working in groups at school and work. Everyone is equal and everyone should pull their weight, but in the utmost respected way. Changing team members is disruptive and can derail the group. The best plot sometimes cannot save it.

If possible, being selective with your team members can be beneficial to the longevity of an RP, a trait I desire heavily. If everyone works together and cares and nurtures the group connection, a plot, in my mind will come naturally since that is why we are all here.

I treat RPing as a "job" as in I respect the GM and my "coworkers" opinions. We all have a goal to achieve and work hard to make strides to that goal. If one person is not suited for their position by not showing up and being disrespectful, they should be let go. But as i said before, this can be disruptive. So picking the right people is crucial.

I've RPed for years so I look for people with a serious attitude. It takes away from my enjoyment when I put time and energy and soul into my work and it gets dropped because of a lack of communication, respect, whathaveyou. I understand that life happens. I try to avoid those I know who have real life obligations. That's why I like RPing with older people seeing as they have a premium on their free time and choose to spend it RPing, like me. Time is valuable to me. I hate wasting it.

That is what i meant by being selective and treating it like a job. Respect my time and i will do the same

Circus said:
I think the overarching "theme", for lack of a better word, is collaboration. If you have people willing to put in effort and time (like work), then you can have a successful RP.
I have been a part of many RPs where the people with the flashiest CSs (resumes) are the ones selected but end up as a flash in the pan.

I think a group RP is very much a team. I relate it to my time working in groups at school and work. Everyone is equal and everyone should pull their weight, but in the utmost respected way. Changing team members is disruptive and can derail the group. The best plot sometimes cannot save it.

If possible, being selective with your team members can be beneficial to the longevity of an RP, a trait I desire heavily. If everyone works together and cares and nurtures the group connection, a plot, in my mind will come naturally since that is why we are all here.

I treat RPing as a "job" as in I respect the GM and my "coworkers" opinions. We all have a goal to achieve and work hard to make strides to that goal. If one person is not suited for their position by not showing up and being disrespectful, they should be let go. But as i said before, this can be disruptive. So picking the right people is crucial.

I've RPed for years so I look for people with a serious attitude. It takes away from my enjoyment when I put time and energy and soul into my work and it gets dropped because of a lack of communication, respect, whathaveyou. I understand that life happens. I try to avoid those I know who have real life obligations. That's why I like RPing with older people seeing as they have a premium on their free time and choose to spend it RPing, like me. Time is valuable to me. I hate wasting it.

That is what i meant by being selective and treating it like a job. Respect my time and i will do the same
Truthfully I cannot deny the importance of collaboration. Skilled and dedicated rpers are a huge boom to the quality of a roleplay.However, you are overestimating their value.

Around, two months ago, the there a partner search thread was made by this guy claiming to be "one of the top three rpers in the world". He ranted about how everyone else he rped with was just too inferior and he needed someone "of his level of skill". Obviously, this person turned out to be a dush-bag and after a few of his "responses" to constructive criticism the thread ended up being closed. Now, I read here your opinion and I see one key point in common: You imply people aren`t dedicated. That they`re not good enough. Maybe it`s true, but tht`s quite an assumption to generalize.

Cooperation doesn`t come from sheer respect alone. No one is obliged to do this or that in an rp. An rp should have rules to be respected but not through something you can`t measure, such as skill. I know what I considered to be a skilled rper is likely different from what you consider to be. And for that reason it`s unfair to judge based on that. Besides, you can`t read minds. You can`t predict the future. I`ve been in rps that I had to drag myself through a good chunk, but ended up seeing the amazing side of my partner once they gained pace. The opposite happened as well.

As for dedication, I feel almost offended. (Please note the almost) I´ve met people going through all kinds of stuff, from moving to sickness, to getting fired to losing someone dear. And yet, those people still worked and still tried replying. Sure you can say "those don´t represent everyone". And it`s true. But when comparing to people who are that lazy they should be left out, they are overwhelmingly more. I don`t need to go around asking everyone about their schedual to know that.

Anyway I apologize if I ranted, but these are my thoughts on the matter.

You have misinterpreted my words and meanings and have made claims based from what you are inferring, not from the actual statements I have made.

I will not counter because the entirety of your post is founded on your interpretation, which was far off from what I actually said and claimed.

White Masquerade] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/9465-circus/ said:
@Circus[/URL]
I am sorry to hear that you've come to that conclusion, based on the answers you've gotten to that question. I don't believe it all comes down to people, or that there needs to be a more selective process.

People can be the best of friends, family members, married even, but if what you're doing together sucks, then it sucks. Yes. The most virtuous and respectful woman can sit with her husband watching football after every week for a far more protracted time than other less "virtuous and respectful" women, but for only so long. If I'm doing something stupid or boring, my best friend will straight up tell me, "No, I'm not doing that with you." Which I appreciate, because if someone is doing something with you out of loyalty and not mutual love for it, then it kinda defeats the point doing it with them. People are only part of the equation. Getting people who leave at the drop of a hat/never show up, is terrible. But being with outstanding players who are not engaged and stay just because they're being considerate, is nothing to celebrate either. (Plot)

I also disagree with treating an RP and everything related to it like a job. As many have said on this site, it's a hobby. Unlike a job, money is not being exchanged here. No one is being paid for role-playing, or making money off their RP. There's no reason to treat it like starting a business or managing a Fortune 500 company. Recreational RP (I think that's the only type) should be on the side of inclusive; not exclusive.

About the pay-to-use bit, it wouldn't quite be how you predict. The only thing it'd cut down on, is the amount of people who are "casual RPers," which I believe, is a sizable portion of the site. Which leads me into my next point. You can have a menagerie of serious role-players all one one site and still have plenty of failed RPs. Pay-to-use only removed a red-herring issue. The real problem centers around plot and interpersonal skills. Plot, I already went over. If it's not engaging, then there's still an issue, no matter who's with you. Interpersonal skills is where it's really...hot.

There are so many "complain" threads. So much pointing fingers. So much back-talk to well-meaning comments. Blow-ups over things that happen IC. Unintentional insults (some intentional). "My way/screw you" RPs. Elitism. Cliques. The list goes on. people just don't understand each other, or are not willing to understand each other. Developing the ability to listen to/think from another person's perspective, would help to really turn up the success rate of RPs, and interactions in general.

In a way you are right, a lot of it comes down to people, but not quite in the way you came to conclude; which bummed me out. I had to say something once you went to having a more selective process. It's like side-stepping the mess instead of cleaning it up.

At the end of the day, it's just my opinion. I haven't RP'ed near long enough to say that I know what the hell I'm talking about. I do look forward to your comments though, if you have any.
@White Masquerade

To start, thank you. I appreciate your words and respect your opinion and the fact we can share our ideas and thoughts on this matter. I enjoy dialogue and I think you're an upright person.

To your point on plot, I agree that interest should be there. I did not include that because it is necessary. Obviously one will not join an RP if they are not interested. If you don't want to be in the RP, regardless of skill, then yes, you should not be in the RP. But this goes back to my point on selection. Try and pick dedicated members who will have a prolonged interest in the group in order to maintain the plot.

I believe your job post was covered previously.

As to the pay to use, i was mulling it over and i was thinking that, if there was a small entrance fee, paying to be a part of a "writers guild" where all members on the site can collaborate and work together on plots and RPs. This would be a smaller section of the site while the rest would still be free to use, thereby remaining all inclusive if you choose, but there are also members who you can identify with and say "hey, we are apart of the same 'writers guild' want to group up and work on a plot idea?" I could make a whole thing on this type of model. It would also provide the site with a revenue stream and not rely on donations. Again, I'm a graduated student at this point in my life and thoughts like this are in my field of interest. Beside the point.

Interpersonal skills are great to have too. As i said before, respect and communication are key. Learning how to work together as a newly formed group takes a certain level of skill and understanding. It it a trait that can be trained. I've taken courses in school on just working in groups. Again, pointing fingers and shit talking is what happens when respect is low. My thoughts as to why it happens is because some of the user base on RPN are still in mandatory education, the 12-18 age range. I did not develop a level of respect and understanding until my 20s and had been RPing for 7 years. Again, picking players who have traits that avoid such behaviors can be an asset to the RP.

As RPing is a very much social event, people are paramount. I could write a book myself but I want to work with others. So i have become selective and i judge and research my companions. I don't think it is a bad thing. I think everyone should do that and find people you want to work with and who want to work with you. If you have people like that, figuring out plot is not a problem. You will solve that issue together.

Please clarify what you meant by how my point in people did not meet your expectation.

Again, i mean everything I say and I have tried to say it clearly, as to not be misinterpreted, and respectfully. I am a direct person and I try and choose my words carefully.

Thank you.

I have never been part of a group roleplay that lasted more than a week or two, so in my case, they go terribly no matter how well organized or thought out they are. Either the GM vanishes without a trace, or every roleplayer that had been taking part suddenly stops replying, all at once. So sadly, my experience with group roleplays has been pretty suckish up to now, even though I really like the idea.

@Circus

Haha, no worries. You can open up be frank with me. I felt the sharp cuts in each sentence at every period ( :P ).

For treating it like a job, yeah, that's covered. I see I took it the wrong way. I was thinking like an autocracy where everyone was being demanded to do this and that, and if you don't "please me," then they could get out.

Let me slip in the pay-to-use bit here. I have a general grasp on economics, but functional business is more my thing. So I'm excited you brought that up. Everything you say is correct. It could work off the "RPN Development Zone" the site already has, where you have to opt in AFTER, meeting certain requirements to see and post there. I know the site can handle multiple "hidden" threads as each user has their own "hidden" sandbox thread. It shouldn't be too hard to institute, using what the site has already.

As RPing is a very much social event, people are paramount. I could write a book myself but I want to work with others. So i have become selective and I judge and research my companions. I don't think it is a bad thing.
Naw, it's not a bad thing at all. This is actually why I love talking to people Circus. Reading your posts, I realize we have two very different methods xD . Very cool. This is where we just get into personal approaches. You are selective, while I am encompassing. Like you said, you want a team of skilled, competent people, to create something together, while I'd prefer to take what I can get, and do something with it. On the playground between Super-Sue, Super-Bobby, and Bad-Bill, you'd pick Sue and Bobby. I'd pick Bill and whoever else. I wouldn't mind taking time to make Bad-Bill into Good-Bill. That's where we differ and it's interesting.

The second is, you believe cohesion creates good plot. I believe good plot creates cohesion. Can't say one is better than the other, as I've seen both ways work. We want the same thing, but we are inverted, you can say =p.

What you do will serve you well in the business world, where things are high stakes, but here, it's only going to trip you up. Vice versa for me. Outside, there is a large pool of outstanding people to pull from. Here, the pool is much, much smaller. You're basically eliminating any chance you have at a sizable group RP. Being selective, requires there to be more of what you're looking for, than what you need. If there's a shortage, being selective, is not a luxury someone can have.

All very interesting stuff. I am thoroughly enjoying it Circus. I wait for your reply !

Last edited by a moderator:
Group RP's are the only things I have ever known. I have never done 1 x 1

On one site, before starting an RP, I had roleplayed other threads for several months. You some realize which members are experienced, loyal, active and mature. I then created my RP and invited those particular ones to join. I would consider these 4-5 the 'core' members which would help me keep the RP alive. 3 years pass and since then a dozen or more came and joined the RP yet the core members remained regular throughout the ups and downs.

I like them, but they definitely present a bigger challenge. On one hand, you'll have to have more luck with getting people who are reliable and provide some quality to the game, whereas in 1x1, you can fill that much quicker, as it only takes one person. On the other side, for me, 1x1 is just not interesting. I'd bore myself, I'd be bored by my partner and I'd be scared to bore my partner. It just can only work for so long IMO. Though, I've never actually tried either, so who knows. I love playing and interacting with several different people, with different approaches and characters. It's very fun for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back