• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Five (Story of gods and the fate of mortals) - Dice System

Lazarus

Hello guys!

This idea just popped into my head and it is quite an easy going yet probably funny RP idea.

Timeline: It will change depending on the client.

Plot: There are 5 gods

-Life: in charge of keeping things alive.

-Death: in charge of...yeah...getting all living beings dead.

-Love: in charge of...yes you got it...blooming affection in the world.

-Hate: in charge of...uhuh...making people or even nations hate one another (war).

-Luck: in charge of people's surprises in life (this including making people earn lots of money like a lottery or lose all their money).

Mechanics:

The 5 gods compete for dominance upon a person, the gods can interact with one another in the "Olympus"; which is actually a huge penthouse where they all live together.

There will be a total of 5 rounds. On each round every god puts a certain event upon the life of the person and they roll a die from 0-10.

The higher the score the bigger the impact. After 5 rounds the person's fate is decided, the god that acquired the highest score will obviously get the biggest impact.

The person who the gods compete upon will change every 5 rounds...it can be a pizza deliverer in 2015, a slave back in the 1600, a roman soldier...etc...

Obviously there can be a social component to the RP since the gods live together in the "Olympus". This is a funny blend of social RP and the fantasy of having control of random people lives.

After the 5 gods post their ideas for the client's life I will post a briefing of what happened to the person. This repeats for 5 events and a 6th event which tells what happened to the client in the end; which god had dominance of its existance.

Recruiting:

The 5 gods.

Life - Misuka Masamoto

Death - SleepiestBear7

Love - Vengeance Spirit

Hate - Alice Ivy Macintyre

Luck - Saturn

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/five.126760/

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me add an example (the posts will be more elaborate than this obviously):

Client Name: James Copperfield

Timeline: 2015

Life Status: Slightly fat, a diet on hotdogs, chimichangas and beer haven’t played good on him.

Death Status: He is actually growing a cancer, he doesn’t know it yet.

Love Status: He has a crush on Meagan, the chief’s secretary.

Hate Status: He hates Malcolm, the new member of the detective office, the guy always picks up on him.

Luck Status: Lives in a medium sized house, a small garden and backyard, the neighbourhood is quite normal.

Event 1: James will be sent to the ghettos in a night crime patrol.

Life obviously wants to keep James alive; so he/she will propose James to go on a bike, gives him a good weapon, gives him healthy lungs and the capability to run fast if needed, he will be able to pack a punch if someone messes with him, knowing James is going to the ghettos, Life will decide to also give him a partner so he doesn't go alone. - rolls die , earns a 6

Death wants the opposite; he wants James to get ambushed by the gangsters; his health to go bad that day and catch a cold. He wants James to get shot down and also create a confrontation between the cops and gangsters, earns a 5

Love: will create a situation that allows James to meet Meagan, giving details…-earns a 10.

Hate: Malcolm is going to go to the patrol as well, he is going to annoy James and start a fight between them (he could support Death’s idea and guide up their plan together for James’s day. Earns a 10

Luck: Will wish for James to find a lottery ticket , a HUGE one so he can’t leave this job,- earns a 0

Event 1 results:

James entered the ghettos; he didn’t feel so bad even for his diet, his cold was annoying him that night; yet he didn’t only receive a good weapon but a partner; he feels quite sure everything will be fine. Yet his partner gets killed; a sudden gun shot! James is calling for help, but there seems to be no one around to help him. Not until a suddenly one of the gangsters drops dead to the ground…a bullet hole right in the eye, James turns around to see is that asshole of Malcolm; he just saved his life. Soon more officers are arriving; James can’t handle Malcolm’s insults and mocks, James snaps and punches Malcolm, soon the officers are fighting one another, more cops needed to arrive to split them apart.

Back in the station James is still mad; sitting alone in the Police Department’s cell things get only worse when he hears that he is going to get fired, his attitude is no longer acceptable in the Police Department. Yet in that moment he receives a visit …it is Meagan…they started to talk and …somehow it seems both hate Malcolm a lot…they are starting to get along…and Meagan actually paid his fine…woah….James is impressed…for things to turned out better even in this situation…but hell..he really wants to get Malcolm killed.

Thanks for your comments!

If we get 3 more people interested we can start this, if not we can reduce it to a Life VS Death game.

Good question,

I guess it will be in the dice section.

I will send the link when we get our 5th god and the thread is ready.

Being honest, I think I have enough RPs going on at the moment, so I don't want to be stretched too thin. Thanks for the offer though.

*updates* D: !! so much hate!!

We need someone to play the god of Luck! :) who will it be oh lucky luck1!

Personally, i wouldn't recommend him. I have nothing against him, but i've seen his posts, and some of them have spelling errors, punctuation errors and others are just one-liners.

Now, i don't know how detailed Mr. Lazarus would want this to be, but i personally prefer roleplaying with someone who can write decently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back