[E.M.A.] E.M.A. Sidequest

Adam couldn't help but feel his heart skip a bit when he saw her smile like that. "She's full of surprises, that's for sure." he said, looking around for a moment. "It's this way." he said, starting off down the street. The place was a mass of sketchy-looking creatures, and Adam seemed to change a bit as they made their way down the crowded road. He looked sterner, almost threatening. A cold look came over his eyes, which caused anyone who looked over at them to quickly look away. His act was convincing, he almost even felt dangerous.

It didn't take them long to find a bar, and as he walked up to the doors there was the sound of a gunshot. A hulking alien stumbled out of the doorway past them, missing most of his face. The creature collapsed in the street, making Adam pause for a moment before walking inside like he didn't see anything.

Jade followed Adam noticing the change in his personality and remembered they were supposed to be under cover. Though she had to admit his act intimidated her quite a bit. Acting wasn't really something she was practice in so she channeled more of her 'hanger' persona which wasn't very hard given the state of most of the ships and general appearance of the place. It worked to some extent she appeared a lot more series with a touch of 'bitchy' as some people called it. As they closed in on the bar she spotted the Alien with only half a face and nearly broke her act. She cringed slightly but just shook her head and Followed Adam in surprising a bout of nausea, starting to doubt her readiness for the mission really. She couldn't just back out now though so she pushed on suppressing her anxiety and doubt to keep up the act.

Adam stole a glance at her for a moment, impressed that she was able to hold up the act she was. This was all a very new world for her, so to see her handling herself like this was impressive. He ignored the stares they got when they walked inside the bar, pushing a rather drunken alien out of his way. He smirked a bit when the alien fell, slapping a few credits on the bar when he sat down.

"Two ales." he said, lighting up a cigarette. The bartender nodded and went to fill their order.

"Haven't seen the blood skulls in here lately. Heard you were all wiped out a cycle ago." the barkeep said, bringing them their beers. Adam smirked a bit.

"Most of us were. The rest abandoned the skull, so it's really just up to me and a few others to keep it going. Work's light lately, though." he said, sipping at his drink. "Word is the Aladar are recruiting somewhere around here. Figured we'd get some extra work." he said, setting his mug down.

"Yeah, they are. Had a couple of recruiters in here earlier, you could probably find them at the base they set up at the old powerplant." he said, looking at the two of them. "Awfully cute little partner you've got. You a prospect for the Skulls, or something?" he asked, leering at her.

Jade glanced around the bar as they entered making sure to not any quick escape options. She always had the option to go invisible but that wouldn't do her any good if she didn't know where to go. She wondered if the group the two were talking about was something Adam had actually ran with at one point as a cover or just looked the part. She really wouldn't have been surprised by either. She was pulled from her musings when Adam asked about the recruiting paying attention to the conversation though her eyes wandered around not really comfortable with the scene. She scowled over at the leering Alien debating weather to tell him off or play it cool. "Yeah you could say that." she replied with a bit of bite to her tone.

The alien narrowed his eyes a bit and chuckled. "You'd be a good fit, with an attitude like that." he said, smirking. Adam glared at him for a moment, and the alien quickly changed his tune. "You said the old power station?"

The barkeep nodded. "Yeah. With the declaration of open war against the Senate, they needed somewhere to recruit that was well fortified. No telling when Senate thugs might try to destroy it." he said, chuckling. Adam smirked a bit, shaking his head. "Nobody in the Senate would be that stupid, or have the balls. I can almost guarantee the Aladar's paid off every thug in this cesspool to defend them if need be." he said, downing most of his beer. The bartender nodded.

"That's right. Nobody would be that stupid." he said, moving off to help another customer. Adam glanced over at Jade for a moment, lowering his voice. "Got our work cut out for us, it sounds like."

Jade only sipped some of her beer not really liking the taste she watched the bar tender wander of mind already working on what they could have to work with. She glanced over at Adam smirking slightly "Yes and no... if we have a power plant to work with getting it to blow should be easy between the two of us."

Adam smirked a bit too, finishing off his beer as he stood. "Just what I was thinking." he said, lightly touching her back as he leaned in to make sure they weren't overheard. "The sooner we're done with this, the better. Let's get going."

Jade nodded slightly leaving a good portion of her beer behind as she got up and followed Adam out of the bar breathing a bit easier once they go out side. "You know which way to the plant?"

Adam nodded, leading her down the street. "Yeah. Luckily, when things go south, we won't have far to go to get back to the ship." he said, thinking for a moment. "Alright, so we're going to have to play this smart. We're only going to have one shot." he said, watching her. "Any ideas?

"We could go the direct path and just sneak in using the cloak to gather the infor and destroy the base or we could just play along with joining them... both have their risks."

He tapped his chin, thinking. "Either way, we're going to have to make sure we destroy their surveillance banks. We don't need our faces getting spread around to the rest of the Aladar forces." he said, turning a corner. Ahead of them was the power station, and he paused in a nearby alleyway for a moment. "Going in with the cloaks would work, but something tells me that just acting like we're going to join would work better. Either way we choose, if we screw up we're done for." he said, thinking.

Jade looked over at the power plant in thought. "If we go in cloaked it'll be harder to keep track of each other..." she muttered softly. "but we wont have to mess with security as much." she thought aloud not really sure which route would be the best.

"This isn't the kind of job I'd want to do by myself. If we got separated, it would end badly." he said, chuckling a bit. "I'd rather deal with the security than lose you. I mean, I'd need someone to watch my back, right?" he asked, adjusting his vest a bit with a small grin. "Just act tough, like you don't want to talk to anyone. We'll set remote charges when nobody's looking, and get out before we detonate them."

Jade smirked and nodded slightly "Alright. sounds simple enough hopefully security isn't too tight." She looked over "Do you want to go in now or watch the place for a bit to see how busy it is?"

He smiled a bit. "No time like the present." he answered, stepping out of the alleyway. A few moments later they were stopped by an Aladar guard as they approached the outer wall of the power station.

"Who the hell are you?" the creature barked, an oddly feral looking alien.

"Jensen McBride, of the Blood Skulls. I'm here to get some work with the Aladar. Why, is that a problem?" Adam asked sharply. The guard cooled down a little at that answer.

"No, not a problem. We can't let just anyone walk in here, you know. Head inside, to the main building, they'll be able to process you there." he said, moving out of the way. Adam nodded and walked past him, glancing back at Jade. "She's with me, so don't get any stupid ideas." he growled, the guard catching the hint.

The walk to the main building was a long one, as it was at the back of the facility. Surprisingly, there weren't a lot of guards walking around, though the ones that were had been watching them closely since they stepped foot inside. Adam lowered his voice, walking closer to Jade.

"When we get inside, I'll start looking for the main control room. If we blow that, the whole facility will follow." he explained, returning a sharp glare that one of the guards gave him. He was good at acting the tough, mercenary type.

Jade followed closely behind Adam glaring back at some of the guards who were leering at her, perhaps the whole cute thing was for aliens. She shook off the thought looking over to Adam "Alright... " She nodded "Sooner we get out of here the better..." she muttered as they approached the main building with two more guards standing in the door way

Adam nodded, stopping in front of the two guards. They didn't say anything, just stared at the both of them with disdain. After a few moments Adam growled, shoving them out of the way. "Do I look like I have the time to get into a staring contest with you idiots?" he hissed, storming his way inside. There was a rather startled female sitting at a desk just inside the door, staring at him.

"Who do I talk to about joining up with the Aladar?" Adam asked her, folding his arms over his chest. The girl looked a little nervous at first, but quickly regained her composure.

"Well, sir, there's a waiting list... I could put you in the system, but it would take a couple hours before they could see you." she said, glancing at her computer for a moment. Adam suddenly turned on the charm, resting a hand on her desk and leaning forward a bit.

"C'mon... Pretty thing like you must have some pull around here. How about this, you put me and my partner at the top of the list, and I'll treat you to dinner." he said, his voice suddenly smooth as silk. She blushed at that, fidgeting a little.

"I don't know... There's a lot of people who are waiting." she said, looking up at him shyly.

"Well, two more couldn't hurt. It'll be a night you'll never forget." he said, grinning devilishly. She thought for a few moments, then typed on her keypad.

"Alright, just this once. It better be somewhere nice." she said with a little smile.

"It will be, I promise. So, where do we go?" he asked with that same charming grin.

"Upstairs, fifth floor." she replied.

"Thanks, sweetheart. Go ahead and take the rest of the night off, I'll meet you at the bar when we're done here." he said, turning and heading towards the stairs. He smirked a little at Jade, heading up to the next floor.

Jade looked around as Adam flirted his way to the top of the list slightly impressed and jealous but also a little disappointed. She wasn't exactly sure why, possibly because it was so easy for him to switch into different personalities and acting she wasn't really sure if the time she had spent with him was real or just another act. Just another thing to ponder on later. She hid her emotions well and returned the smirk before following Adam through the base she looked around noting several security cameras but also the structure of the power plant. It was massive and built to stand but it also hadn't been well maintained either. there were structural cracks the wiring frayed here and there. getting the place to crumble wouldn't be the most difficult task. "Might be easier than we thought..." she muttered softly

Adam paused on the second floor, noticing that the place was completely devoid of guards. He glanced over at her, nodding. "Maybe. By blowing the control room, the power in the main system will overload, and destroy the nodes outside. The resulting explosion will be enough to take out this entire facility." he said, making his way through the second floor. Not finding anything, he made his way up to the third, and then the fourth. On the fourth floor was the control room, with two guards posted to keep watch. Adam paused in the stairwell, glancing over at her. "Alright, we take out those two, then plant the explosives. Once we're far enough away, we set them of, and mission complete." he said, smiling a bit. "I'll take the left one."

Jade nodded slightly "Once in I'll see bout getting ride of security footage." she muttered pulling her small plasma gun from the small of her back and silently switching it on. She waited for the motion from Adam as the inched closer while still being covered. Jade kept her breathing even and deep fighting nerves. Once the signal was given she turned the corner and fired the shoot missed its target but still hit the guard to the right in the neck. Still a lethal shot though not exactly the one intended.

Adam nodded, waiting until she had fired her shot. The first guard dropped, and before the second could raise the alarm Adam had closed the distance in an instant, his arm blade in the creature's throat. He watched as it dropped, making his way into the room quickly. Inside there was another guard and a technician, who were both taken out fairly quickly. "Alright, you find the security footage, and I'll set the charges."

Jade let out a heavy sigh once all the guards were taken care of putting her gun away feeling slightly easier about the situation. She sighed softly before nodding and going over to the control panel and starting to access the controls. "uh... of coarse..." she grumbled under her breath not really able to understand what she was looking at so she plugged in her bracer pulling the information through there in order to translate. It didn't take her very long to hack through the security. "mmmm if you wanted to save the explosives I could set this thing to over heat and then just crash the system... make it look like user error...." she muttered downloading some of the data as she deleted the files she was looking for.

Adam paused for a moment, looking over at her. "Good idea. We'll have to get out of here a little quicker than we intended, but at least it won't look deliberate." he said, walking over to her. He peered over her shoulder, smiling a bit. "Pretty resourceful of you." he smiled a bit, moving to the door. "Alright, go ahead. I'm ready to go when you are."

Jade nodded slightly as she pulled up the information it took her a few minutes to try and understand the schematics of the plant since she wasn't trying to fix anything anything she really wasn't trying to understand it just look for key components she blinked a few times when she came to understand exactly how the plant was power. "Ooooookay... um... this place runs on plasma... so.... I can disable it but it would probably take out a good chunk of the planet..." she looked over at Adam. "So would setting off the explosives.... probably not as much but yeah... really big explosion and possibly no livable afterwards..."

Adam frowned a bit at that, checking to make sure nobody was coming up the stairs. "That might be a bad idea... Even though this is an outlaw planet, the Senate would have my head for causing that much collateral damage." he said, sighing. He didn't realize that the power plant's destruction would cause that much damage. "Any ideas on what we should do? We have to destroy this place somehow, without taking most of the planet with it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back