[E.M.A.] E.M.A. Sidequest

Shura

Pounce Ninja
Aftre a few jumps Orens salvage ship docked at one of the larger space ports. Jade sighed softly packing the last of her stuff and zipped her bag shut feeling a bit uneasy. She looked up at lightning not really wanting to go off with out her but knew it was for the best.

Adam finished packing up his crate, which didn't take very long, sparing a glance over at her. "What's up? You look worried about something." he said, smiling a bit. He turned on the anti-grav units on the crate, watching as it lifted a few inches off the ground. He cleared his throat a bit, calling out to the others when the main door opened. "I'll stay in radio contact, if anything happens, you'll know about it." he said, noticing that once again, Eli was glaring at him. Adam just smirked a bit, which was met with an echoing 'Fuck you!' as he guided his crate out of the ship. He just shook his head a bit and chuckled, glancing over at Jade. "Ready?"

Jade nodded slightly as she grabbed her jacket and slung her pack onto her back. She looked over at Eli knowing he was most likely furious about this but then again he always seemed mad at this point. She jut worried he would be even more reckless with out her around She was snap out of her worrying momentarily when Adam spoke up and she nodded slightly "Yeah I'm ready." she smiled slightly before waving to the rest and leaving the ship still feeling worried but also slightly excited.

As they made their way along the spaceport, Adam glanced over at her with a small smile. "Nervous?" he asked, strolling lazily along. He wasn't really in a rush to get to his ship, so he just decided to take it easy while they walked.

"Nothing to be nervous about. It'll be fun, trust me." he said with a small grin, skirting around a rather large cargo ship. Just ahead was his own personal ship, a small, sleek ship gleaming in the artificial light of the hangar bay. It was just big enough for the two of them to be comfortable, but even if she wanted to take Lightning with her, there was no way it would have fit.

"There it is, the Infiltrator." he said, smiling a bit. "I've done a lot of personal modifications myself, you might find some of them pretty interesting, what with your penchant for technology."

"Not so much Nervous as I am worried." She forced a small smile "But I'll take your word on the fun part." She added not really sure how mission could been fun, they were usually a lot of stress. Jade looked over at the ship that had been pointed out "Oh wow its gorgeous." She said grinned scanning over the small sleek ship.

"Worried? What, about Elias? They'll be fine, I wouldn't worry about him." he said, pressing a button on a small panel that opened up on his arm. The back of the ship opened with a quiet hiss, and he guided his crate in without much trouble. The inside was pristine, a silvery black, quite a contrast to Oren's ship. He slid the crate against the wall, where it locked into place. "Thanks. The Senate gave it to me several years ago, but I've been slowly upgrading it ever since. It's one of the fastest ships in the galaxy." he said, obviously proud of it. The ship seemed to fit him very well.

"Well, I think it's time we were off. Time waits for no man, after all." he said, sliding into the pilot's seat. The console came to life, light blues and greens on a dark background. He motioned to the seat next to him, smiling a bit as he looked over at her.

Jade chuckled softly hearing Adam talk about his ship reminded her of how other pilots used to go on about how much they worked on their mechs back in school. "Impressive." She grinned. putting her stuff near the crate before following Adam into the ship and sitting in the seat beside him. She smirked slightly at the consol realizing it lit up very similar to lightnings.

He smiled warmly at that. "Thanks. I'm proud of her." he said, making sure the engines were warmed up before they lifted smoothly off the ground, much smoother than Oren's ship. As he wheeled it around and flew out of the bay, the ship almost didn't feel like it was moving. Even the whine of the engines was hardly audible.

"Alright, I think I should brief you on what we're going to be doing." he said, taking the ship out of atmosphere. He put in the coordinates for their destination, and soon the ship was shooting through hyperspace.

"We're heading to another populated planet, where there's rumors of Aladar recruitment stations. Since open war was declared, nearly all of the major recruitment centers were shut down to stop the Senate from cracking down on them. The one we're heading for seems to have the most activity, if we can manage to shut it down somehow, then we'll severely limit their numbers." he explained, leaning back and propping his feet up on the control panel. "Any questions?"

Jade braced to the take off the impact not as bad as it usually was, Adams ship was very impressive. She listened to the briefing only partly surprised that the enemy would have a recruiting stations. "Seems fairly straight forward. How are we supposed to shut down the recruiting station though?"

He thought for a moment, closing his eyes as he seemed to relax. "Well, there's a few ways we can do it. We can go in and talk to them, try and convince them that the place is going to get raided." he said, cracking open an eye to glance over at her. "Or we could do it the fun way. Pretend like we're going to join up, then wait until we're inside and blow the place sky-high." He chuckled a bit. "Your choice, both ways would work for me." he said with a small smile. Now that he was back in his own ship, he seemed even more relaxed than he was before.

Jade thought a moment thinking on what would be the safest with just the two of them it would be easier to sneak around. "Trying to convince them would be a risk of suspicion. If we pretend to join there's a chance we could gain some information... even if we have to sneak around to get it."

Adam nodded. "Good point. We'll do it your way." he said with a tiny smile. "It'll be safer that way, at least until we try to leave." He sat up and stretched a bit. "I don't have a lot of information on this place, so we'll be walking in mostly blind. I'm not too worried, you seem pretty good at improvising." He stood, making his way back to the cargo hold. Once there, he opened another small crate, pulling out what looked like a ballistic vest, well worn and decorated with various symbols, including a large, alien skull painted in red on the back. "The planet we're heading to is an outlaw hangout." he said, pulling his shirt off and putting the vest on. He buckled it down tight, adjusting it so it fit properly. "Think you can pull off the tough, pirate look?" he teased, looking over at her for a moment.

Jade got up after a moment as well looking over the rest of the small ship noting how it was practically the opposite of Orens scavenger ship. She wandered over to the Cargo just as Adam was clipping on the vest noticing all the different patches and decorations. "Tough pirate? I could give it a shot." she smirked slightly

"Good. It'll be interesting to see a different side of you that isn't cute." he teased, reaching into the locker to pull out a rifle that looked like it would be right at home on Oren's ship. Rusted, held together with strips of fabric, and sporting several kill marks. "I've got some other clothing you might be able to use. Where we're going isn't a nice, friendly place... Just stay alert and close to me, and you'll be fine."

Jade was starting to this the Adam and Talon had a lot in common and wondered briefly if it was just an Alien thing. "With all the raiding we've been doing not so friendly is kind of standard., unless fireing plasma rounds is some sort of customary greeting I wasn't aware of" she pointed out with a small chuckle

Adam thought for a moment, counting on his fingers. "There's only... two planets that use shooting as a customary greeting. I don't like going there." he joked, chuckling. "This one's going to be easy, compared to the compound raids. All we'll have to do is play our parts, and everything should be fine." he said, smiling a bit. After a few moments he scratched his head. "You wanna know why I brought you along, and not Talon or Oren?"

"I figured Oren was because of he wouldn't exactly leave his ship for any extended period of time with us on board.... and Talon tried to shoot him in the senate." she shrugged slightly. She had been wondering why he decided to even take her along, his mission was to rate the crew as a whole and try to temper Eli.

He nodded. "Well, that's sort of it." he said with a small smile. "I brought you along because you seem to be the most level-headed of the group. I know I can trust that you'll be watching my back." he said, making his way up to the cockpit. Of course, his personal feelings seemed to have a say in his decision, but he wasn't going to say that.

Jade smiled softly she wasn't sure if his claims were 100% true, Talon seemed way more level headed and experienced than her but the reasons she stated before had kind of eliminated them which pretty much left Eli as the only other one who really knew how to fight. and god knows that would have ended disastrously. "Thanks, everyone else on the ship is pretty even as well... well even compared to what I had to deal with on earth..." she muttered the last part remembering how chaotic thing had been after the invasion even when Aliens weren't around.

"Eh, they've got their quirks that make them unsuitable for this kind of work. You're different, though." he said, as the navigation computer let off a small beep.

"Thirty seconds to hyperdrive cutoff. Prepare to enter normal space." a feminine voice rang out across the ship. Adam smirked a bit.

"Thanks, Alice." he said, motioning for her to sit. "That's Alice, my ship's AI. She's not that great for conversation, but she's a hell of a pilot." he said as he pulled out his datapad and got ready to put in the docking request. "It'll be nice to have someone along that I can actually talk to. It gets awfully lonely on some of the multiple-week long hyperspace jumps I have to do."

Jade wondered how he figured she was more suitible for mission work when he'd barely seen her do any but left it alone. She looked around as the voice came up not really expecting it. "Ah ok makes sense..." She chuckled lightly "Wow they really have you running around the universe." She muttered realizing how big the universe really was

"Absolutely... I don't think I've had a day off in... what, four full cycles? Five? I honestly don't remember. After a while, it all just turns into a blur." he said as the ship smoothly dropped out of hyperspace. In front of them was a dark planet, with several ships waiting in orbit. Most of them were rusted and old, though a few of them looked newer. He pulled up a menu as they started to descend, getting the landing confirmation. It didn't take them long before the ship was gliding slowly between huge skyscrapers, setting down quietly on a deserted landing pad.

"Alright, we're here. Ready to go?"

Jade watched as they landed looking around at different buildings, "Looks welcoming" she muttered sarcastically just as they landed. "Yeah, as ready as I can be." She smiled slightly before getting up and grabbing her coat pulling it on.

He nodded, making sure his rifle was loaded and ready. "Alright. Stick close to me, this is not the kind of place that you want to get lost in." he said, opening up the bay door. The smell of burning metal filled the air, and Adam was sure to be quick in getting out and closing up the ship. The exterior of his ship was no longer the sleek, grey-black it was. It looked rusted and old, with the same skull that was on the back of his vest adorning the sides.

"A form of active camo. Disguising the ship is really the only sure way of not getting shot down here." he explained, smiling at her. He may not have really been trying to, but he was showing off at this point.

Jade followed Adam out cringing slightly at the smell of burn metal definitely not her favorite thing. She looked around not really liking the planet but that was to be expected. She glanced back at the ship doing a double take when she saw it had changed. She looked it over in abit of awe not really expecting it. "Whow... that's really amazing." She grinned over to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back